Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Does anyone know Pavo-Rodi in real life? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Does anyone know Pavo-Rodi in real life? by WhiteDevil88
Started on: 03-07-2012 12:21 PM
Replies: 78 (1901 views)
Last post by: CC Rider on 07-24-2012 12:50 PM
WhiteDevil88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post03-07-2012 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This has been nagging on my mind for a few days now since I read this post...
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/092000.html

Please, if you know Eric (I'm sorry that I cannot ecall his lat name, but I believe his first name is Eric) you may know that he has posted manic posts like this in the past, and it has generally been followed by some medical intervention. Hopefully that is what is occuring right now. I would hope that he has a more efficient safety net then some people on the Internet, and that family and friends are seeing to his health, but I have been concerned.

So, does anyone have his phone number that can give us an update?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought I had his number but I may have lost it. I have his address and full name, but I don't know what that would do. I can try and get a hold of him if I find the number. IIRC, he put it on the letter he wrote me over a year back.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post03-07-2012 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I read his post.. seems like just another rant to me and nothing 'serious'.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have his info.

Hope he's ok.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's... strange. Watching his entire thought process expand over time, documented for all to see. Theres a light of brilliance in there somewhere, but I'm afraid the paranoid side may be winning if he isn't willing to take his medication (which he has discussed before).

Eric, you have people that are truly concerned with your wellbeing - myself included. Check in.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-07-2012 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

How do you define "serious"? I don't think his thoughts are centered on self harm at all, but people who are manic place themselves in situation that can lead to being at risk. If you think I am over reacting, I'll try to care less about people. God knows some people around here make it easy.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you've seen his past cycles, you might see a 'pattern'

PATTERN RECOGNITION.

AFAIK,Not every cycle ended with him in a professional's care.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

AFAIK,Not every cycle ended with him in a professional's care.

The last couple did, I believe.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that you mention it, I see what you mean. (Pretty much missed that thread, before.)

I do hope he's okay. Don't have any contact info, however.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-07-2012 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

I thought I had his number but I may have lost it. I have his address and full name, but I don't know what that would do. I can try and get a hold of him if I find the number. IIRC, he put it on the letter he wrote me over a year back.

If you have his full name and home address, Google should be able to find his phone number.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post03-07-2012 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:

How do you define "serious"? I don't think his thoughts are centered on self harm at all, but people who are manic place themselves in situation that can lead to being at risk. If you think I am over reacting, I'll try to care less about people. God knows some people around here make it easy.

Many many people live with being bi-polar. ( including my first wife. so i have been around it .. ) . i honestly didn't see anything that concerned me that he was 'at risk of doing bad things' and was just having a bad day. Its part of the deal, you have bad days and good days..

Not that i don't care, as most everyone here knows i do care about people, but i just didn't see cause for concern ..

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 03-07-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post03-07-2012 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

If you've seen his past cycles, you might see a 'pattern'

I admit i have not had enough contact with him for that.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Many many people live with being bi-polar.. i honestly didn't see anything that concerned me that he was 'at risk of doing bad things' and was just having a bad day. Its part of the deal, you have bad days and good days..

Not that i don't care, as most everyone here knows i do care about people, but i just didn't see cause for concern ..

Nah, I'm not too worried he's harm himself or something lik ethat, but from the bipolar folks I've known, they don't always realize they've "gone manic-y" again, or they do some "bad" stuff during those periods...(stuff they later regret)

In my experience, they go through cycles, not just "good" or "bad" days...
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you have his full name and home address, Google should be able to find his phone number.

He's unlisted.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post03-07-2012 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nah, I'm not too worried he's harm himself or something lik ethat, but from the bipolar folks I've known, they don't always realize they've "gone manic-y" again, or they do some "bad" stuff during those periods...(stuff they later regret)

In my experience, they go through cycles, not just "good" or "bad" days...

Sorry, i was being more generic with the good/bad days idea.. not trying to sound like I'm discounting it, as i know it can be difficult to live with it ( and for the people that live with you. )

Seems the right words are not coming for me today
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-07-2012 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He's unlisted.

If you have his address , you could call the law enforcement authorities or Adult Protective Services to do a welfare check. But I guess if it gets bad enough, we will just read about it in the news.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post03-07-2012 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you have his address , you could call the law enforcement authorities or Adult Protective Services to do a welfare check. But I guess if it gets bad enough, we will just read about it in the news.

I wouldn't suggest that for 2 reasons

1 - just an abstract post out on 'the internet' doesn't warrant their visit
2 - its invasive.. i know id be really angry if someone brought the authorities down on me.

Best bet is if anyone around here lives close, they drive over and say 'hi'.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I disagree. Among all on this forum, Jeff is the person most attune to recognizing when someone needs that type of attention. Didn't he mention a school he was attending a while back?

In one of his sigs, he is Eric Jacobsen and he is in New York. All I got so far. Not PM'ing this since I can't stay on to follow up.

...and it's pavo_roddy if we are using PFF search

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 03-08-2012).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never realized he was from NY.

Hope he pops in here w/ an update...
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He isn't from NY... Where did you find that info?
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post03-08-2012 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He isn't from NY... Where did you find that info?

Not asking to post his address of course, but is he around me at all?
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pavo_roddy is from Western Wisconsin.

I don't know him in real life, he is just off of I-94 just inside the State Line from MN according to his city information in his profile prior to the "Same state as Gotham" status he has now.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 03-08-2012).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I totally understand your concern, and it's not unfounded. I have a family member who suffers from paranoid schizophrenia. It happens like clockwork once or twice a year. Sometimes, even though what he goes through doesn't have a purposeful intent to harm himself, he often does things that incidentally put himself at risk anyway...

Anyway, I think you're right...

And his last post did seem really out there. Remembering what the progression was like last time, this is nearly identical to what he went through last time.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 03-08-2012).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

...then taking your clothes off in the middle of a park and knocking on the doors in a town-house community until you can find someone to have sex with you (and then being successful twice, apparently).

Now there's a tale waiting to be told!

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Now there's a tale waiting to be told!

Yeah... well, that pretty much is the story. It sounds funny, but it really is sad. The poor kid is family, so I'll still help him out no matter what the situation is. But for him at least, he was completely "normal"... then slowly but surely... almost over a period of a couple weeks to a month he would start to develop a sense of paranoia, and distrust of his friends. He would get almost philosophical... asking lots of questions, and his whole personality changes. It's strange because almost just by looking at the guy, it's as if you're staring at a completely different person. Mannerisms change, the personality changes. This continues more and more... doing such things as getting a tattoo of an eye in the back of your neck so you can "watch your back"... and then suddenly he snaps, and he reaches what he feels is a sense of "enlightenment."

I can't really explain it, and I don't really even understand it myself. But basically, everything is great. He explains it as a great sense of joy... he basically has a really high high... if that makes sense. Nothing in the world can stop him, and he's on cloud 9. It's at this point that it seems he is his most dangerous because he has no sense of concern or fear. It's almost like he's living in a dreamland. His mind will race from thing to thing and he just does some off the wall stuff. I've experienced this from him on two seperate occasions, and with conversations from him, he explains it as everything just makes sense to him at that moment. He'll go on and on about stuff, and he can't understand why no one else follows him. It probably doesn't even make sense to him, but chemical imbalance in his head is probably telling him that it is.

Anyway, the "high" if you will, eventually ends... and is followed by an overwhelming great sense of regret and sorrow. So, obviously he remembers everything he did, even if he wasn't in hte "right mind" at the time he did them. And usually these things can be so damaging to relationships, that he's often too emberassed to call and ask for help (when he does come back to his senses).

I don't know if that's the same thing that Pavo might be going through... but it often sounds like it.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post03-08-2012 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I totally understand your concern, and it's not unfounded. I have a family member who suffers from paranoid schizophrenia. It happens like clockwork once or twice a year. Sometimes, even though what he goes through doesn't have a purposeful intent to harm himself, he often does things that incidentally put himself at risk anyway... like giving your cousins bike away to the first kid you see, then taking your clothes off in the middle of a park and knocking on the doors in a town-house community until you can find someone to have sex with you (and then being successful twice, apparently).

Anyway, I think you're right...

And his last post did seem really out there. Remembering what the progression was like last time, this is nearly identical to what he went through last time.

Why cant that happen in my neighborhood..

Just kidding
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah... well, that pretty much is the story. It sounds funny, but it really is sad.

I wasn't meaning to diminish the seriousness of the fellow's condition (and I apologize if I came across that way), but I'm amazed that a naked man knocking on total stranger's doors could lead to a couple of... well, couplings.

...then taking your clothes off in the middle of a park and knocking on the doors in a town-house community until you can find someone to have sex with you (and then being successful twice, apparently).

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post03-08-2012 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The guy is so brilliant that even through insanity, he was able to compose himself to convince the doctors that he was totally sane.

Sounds too familiar. ( and no i wont explain )
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I mean... if I was totally single, and wasn't dating anyone... and a girl came to my door naked, and she was drop-dead gorgeous and she was like... "do you want to have sex..." I think I'd probably end up saying yes.

I probably would too, as long as I could be convinced that there wasn't some sinister ulterior motive.

However, that's hardly the same as a woman inviting some naked man into her home who shows up on her doorstep. She'd have to know that the guy was somewhat unbalanced, and unless the fellow was awfully tiny (referring to his overall physique!), I believe it would be EXTREMELY dangerous for a woman to get involved in such a situation. No wonder so many woman end up being assaulted, or worse.
PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post03-08-2012 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I probably would too, as long as I could be convinced that there wasn't some sinister ulterior motive.

However, that's hardly the same as a woman inviting some naked man into her home who shows up on her doorstep. She'd have to know that the guy was somewhat unbalanced, and unless the fellow was awfully tiny (referring to his overall physique!), I believe it would be EXTREMELY dangerous for a woman to get involved in such a situation. No wonder so many woman end up being assaulted, or worse.

Well he wasn't quite a stranger in this case, but i do agree its a risk since you had to realize he was 'off' that day.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well he wasn't quite a stranger in this case...

You were there?
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-08-2012 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As long as we are going off topic and completely forgetting the intent of this thread, why would it be less dangerous for woman to allow a smaller naked man in her home then a large naked man? You do realize that Charles Manson was a short **** little ****, right?

Personally I think Todd's story is a huge amount of bullshit, and a completely inappropriate play for attention in a serious thread. Well, was serious. It seems most of you don't really give a **** when the obvious signs of real problems out of someone's control appear, and would rather cross chat and derail threads.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As long as we are going off topic and completely forgetting the intent of this thread, why would it be less dangerous for woman to allow a smaller naked man in her home then a large naked man? You do realize that Charles Manson was a short **** little ****, right?

Personally I think Todd's story is a huge amount of bullshit, and a completely inappropriate play for attention in a serious thread. Well, was serious. It seems most of you don't really give a **** when the obvious signs of real problems out of someone's control appear, and would rather cross chat and derail threads.

And this is why you have so many negatives. (not from me however)

My intent started off serious, anyway...

EDIT: Fine, if you think it's somehow innapropriate, I'll remove my non-pertinent responses out of respect.

Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post03-08-2012 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It may have veered a bit OT from the person at hand, but it was still within the realm of the same subject and i don't think anyone here was making fun of Pavo and people are concerned.

EDIT: and as a disclaimer, i am one that doesn't feel hes spiraling out of control and going off the deep end from what i have seen, but i still do care about fellow humans and do understand that its difficult to live with an illness.

And what does charlie have anything to do with this? Even if you wanted to bring him in as an example, he had other do his dirty work.. his size isn't relevant. ( not flaming.. just confused. )

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 03-08-2012).]

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-08-2012 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And this is why you have so many negatives.

Can't say that I care much about that.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I suspect it would be easier to subdue a short **** little **** rather than a tall **** large ****, right?

IMO, any serious open discussion on mental problems is good. Sorry if we've intruded on your play to be a hero, but I doubt anything we've posted here would interfere with Eric being helped (if he needs it).
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post03-08-2012 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IMO, any serious open discussion on mental problems is good. Sorry if we've intruded on your play to be a hero, but I doubt anything we've posted here would interfere with Eric being helped (if he needs it).

I agree, keeping things in the closet and 'stigmatized' only hurts ( unfairly ) those that need the most help.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock