Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Hilarious thread on my jeep forum. Hummer hunting:D (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hilarious thread on my jeep forum. Hummer hunting:D by pontiackid86
Started on: 06-10-2010 06:57 PM
Replies: 376 (8230 views)
Last post by: tbone42 on 09-29-2010 05:28 PM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We need somthing like this on here. MR2 hunting or somthin.. heres the thread... cant wait to bag my 1st hummer

http://www.wranglerforum.co...r-hunting-52332.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wait til you come across a real HMMWV... I'd put my money on a Humvee over a Yuppy Jeep any day...
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TommyRocker:

Wait til you come across a real HMMWV... I'd put my money on a Humvee over a Yuppy Jeep any day...

Lol im gona bag one of thoes behemoth's one day.. there 3 points

TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
O, when are you gettin a different truck?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

O, when are you gettin a different truck?

Im not i love my jeep.

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This. You can take your Abercrombie shorts somewhere else. You'll never take a real humvee.
zetabird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zetabirdSend a Private Message to zetabirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
trust them PK i had an 89 Cherokee with a 4 inch lift and 31 1050s it was a beast but its like dragracing a funny car against a yugo when it comes to the humvee and you wont be on the winning end of this one, besides Scout IIs are more fun anyway
Rallaster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

H1 Alpha baby! The granddaddy of all off road vehicles. Eat your Jeep for a midnight snack.
Renegade blob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Renegade blobSend a Private Message to Renegade blobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I read some of the comments and it seems like everyone on there feels that Hummers are a poor reflection of an off-roader. But have they seen their brands latest vehicles? I like both Hummer and Jeep but feel that both brands have sort of gone back on there brands original intent. Oh well...
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Typical heep owners.

I never want to see our Fiero community to stoop to there level.
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Renegade blob:

I read some of the comments and it seems like everyone on there feels that Hummers are a poor reflection of an off-roader. But have they seen their brands latest vehicles? I like both Hummer and Jeep but feel that both brands have sort of gone back on there brands original intent. Oh well...

And most admit they don't want to run against an H1.
Sorry former mil.. Jeep aint poop against an H1. I've done things to them that just wouldnt be legal in a civilized country.
PFF
System Bot
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the h3 can go die painfully....but i love the h1 and h2

edit to say, one of the new members build/customized a pretty sweet hummer with iirc his dad and a friend

[This message has been edited by faaaaq (edited 06-10-2010).]

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now I would lay money on a Humvee, but a Hummer, any Hummer. Pure yuppie-mobiles.

Brad
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Hummer's can be very capable rigs too, but by being adopted as a status symbol it kind of ruined their image.

Not that there aren't a lot of mall cruiser Jeeps around either.

PS, I loved my old TJ's. Would never buy a hummer. Just saying, done right, they can be a terrific off roader too. It is just rare.

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 06-10-2010).]

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After reading the thread I can see why PK hangs out there.

A bunch of childish comments, Glad we are above that.

It does seem like a fun game of sorts, but whats with the talk about killing them? Even shooting the owners?

Why would owning a Wrangler make these people better?

Brad
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Today, 05:52 PM #79
Pontiackid87
Jeeper

So i take it as wrangler owners we hate hummers?

Today, 06:11 PM #80
Pontiackid87
Jeeper

You know just for the fun of it we should have a points system for this game

1 for an H3
2 for an H2
3 For the real maccoy
5 For a military hummer.

DUB wheels And other usless upgrade's to be discussed

That's pretty good PK
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't get it. You take a picture of your Jeep in front of a Hummer, and that's somehow "bagging" one?
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

I don't get it. You take a picture of your Jeep in front of a Hummer, and that's somehow "bagging" one?

yeah, I don't get it either, must be a jeep thing, I dunno.
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fastblack:

yeah, I don't get it either, must be a jeep thing, I dunno.

To be fair, the one series of pictures where it appeared that the Jeep was "stalking" the Hummers was entertaining...but I guess the concept just entirely eludes me.
Fiero1K

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dammit there was just a red riced out second gen mister two at oreillys, coulda bagged that one

------------------
1988 Metallic Red Pontiac Fiero CJB T-Top Coupe, # 784 of 1252

PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its all good fun. Just like die hard f-body owners hate mustang's and vice versa.
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Its all good fun. Just like die hard f-body owners hate mustang's and vice versa.

The only hummer your baggin is from your dog
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I could use a Jeep for work, I would win this competition hands down. 3 of the last five days I've been working on base up at Ft. Campbell. Yay sewer bypassing.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I actually like the Hummer H2s and the H3s.

I realize the H2s and H3s are a little bit silly... but honestly, I think the H3s are more off-road capable than the H2. I'm not basing that on any actual knowledge, but I just know the H2s are ridiculously heavy... and they don't appear to really have any capabilityto them.

That said, I would take a Jeep Wrangler or Cherokee 4L over an H2 / H3 if I had to do stuff off-road.

Honestly... of all of them, the only vehicle I really have any interest in is a Jeep Cherokee. The wrangler seems a bit too un-utilitarian for me. You can get a Cherokee to do ALL the exact same things a Wrangler can do, but you get a more reasonable vehicle.

------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

H1 Alpha baby! The granddaddy of all off road vehicles. Eat your Jeep for a midnight snack.

Jeeps were made in the 40s. The HMMWV was built in 85 and the H1 was marketed in 92.

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 06-12-2010).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't even need to see the attached link. I already know that the original military HumVee is the badest mass produced 4 wheeler ever produced. Hands down.
Can't say much about the civilian models.

Ron
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

I don't really get it either. If the point is that Hummers are just mall cruisers then all taking a picture of your Jeep next to one is going to prove is that you and the Hummer owner cruise the same malls. I would think to "bag" one, you'd want a picture of your Jeep defeating a trail and the Hummer still stuck at the trail head...
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OKflyboy:

I don't really get it either. If the point is that Hummers are just mall cruisers then all taking a picture of your Jeep next to one is going to prove is that you and the Hummer owner cruise the same malls. I would think to "bag" one, you'd want a picture of your Jeep defeating a trail and the Hummer still stuck at the trail head...

the only way it makes sense to me is if the Jeep owners are idolizing Hummers....so "bagging" one would be akin to getting a famous person's autograph. just taking a picture with one and somehow thinking it makes you better is...."odd" to say the least lol.

if Fiero folks did it, i think it WOULD be kinda cool to do it the way i described... get pictures of your car by a car you idolize, like a nice Porsche or Lambo or Ferrari or the like...not a freakin MR2 lol
billpapps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for billpappsSend a Private Message to billpappsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think much of the H 2 or 3. But the H 1 is Pretty much bad ass.
I been 4 wheeling with all 3 . Have a 78 FSJ. Cherokee. 38in tire bead locks
Diff locks front and back 8in lift Just over 46in of articulation. I
can park my front tire on top of a hummers tire.

The H1 down falls I seen is. They have no articulation to speak of.
They are just to dang wide. Pulled a few off the rocks because of being to wide.
And that weak ass engine. they really lose out when comes to getting over
wet stair steps.

Other then weak gear reduction on the outside wheel hubs.
They are pretty much bad ass as long as every things working right.
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So if he took a picture of his Jeep with a girl next to it, would that mean he bagged her too? Or a guy? Hmmm....

Points to ponder. But it does seem to fit. And what are the points awarded? 3 for a girl, 2 for a guy, 1 for a sheep?

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited 06-13-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

So if he took a picture of his Jeep with a girl next to it, would that mean he bagged her too? Or a guy? Hmmm....

Points to ponder. But it does seem to fit. And what are the points awarded? 3 for a girl, 2 for a guy, 1 for a sheep?

10 = Girl
1 = Guy
-5 = Sheep
-9 = His Dog (-1 if he doesnt use peanut butter)

I vote this
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

10 = Girl
1 = Guy
-5 = Sheep

I vote this

i think the scoring for girls should be by what the girl ranks....ie, a dime would get you 10 points. the fugly girl next door, 2 or 3, maybe 1.
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could be wrong, but I would think a H2 probably could out pull a wrangler if they had chains strapped to each other.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by faaaaq:

i think the scoring for girls should be by what the girl ranks....ie, a dime would get you 10 points. the fugly girl next door, 2 or 3, maybe 1.

he's lucky to get any girl, the fugly girl would rank a 10 and the prettier she is would go up by 10.

there should be a tranny rating too.... but i'm not sure how that should be set?
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

he's lucky to get any girl, the fugly girl would rank a 10 and the prettier she is would go up by 10.

there should be a tranny rating too.... but i'm not sure how that should be set?

im straight as a perfect arrow....but, trannies should be like, start at 10ish, and the more "real girl" they look, the higher the score. no need for "tranny proof," nobody would call a hot chick a tranny just for extra points in a meaningless game....i hope....lol
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bagged one.. its only an H3 though it was an excesivley dangerous H3 though.. it had gangster wheels on it
(yes the jeep has a hardtop now)

Going in for the kill

Got it

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

10 = Girl
1 = Guy
-5 = Sheep

I vote this

You know you always resort to this gay and animalistic sh*t..... are you hiding somthing?

KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
You know you always resort to this gay and animalistic sh*t.....

...and spending your time looking for more expensive vehicles for you take a picture with isn't?

LOL, gotcha there!
turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So you block off the parking lot to take some stupid pics of the hummer??? What a nice guy. Cant park then take pics or didnt know if you could make the turn??
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock