Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Real Fiero Tech - False claim of independence being declared (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Real Fiero Tech - False claim of independence being declared by I'm Back
Started on: 03-15-2009 04:55 PM
Replies: 173 (4043 views)
Last post by: Newbfiero on 03-20-2009 10:24 AM
I'm Back

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread will mean nothing to new members here, as I have been a member in the Fiero community for a long time, (formerly EDSB52 and then I’m Back)was with PFF virtually since its inception. PFF has a long history is the uncontested front-runner as far as Fiero websites goes.

My history with PFF has been rocky to say the least and I was suspended/banned several times until I opted out of here a long time ago as I don’t like heavily monitored posting boards. There is nothing wrong with heavily monitored boards and they are sometimes necessary and have their place, I just like the free use of language, free use of directed insults when I see them necessary. I personally feel that heavily monitored boards tend to control thought processes as well as behavior, so I respectfully avoid them as personal preference but understand that some people prefer that form of posting.

I’d like to state that I have no issues with PFF, with Cliff, wish all members well and I will not be coming here to visit and repost; it would certainly end up the same. As I quit posting here years ago I feel I reconciled any hard feelings, hope so, and I even threw Cliff a couple small donations. I have drawn from PFF as far as Fiero information and would do it again as long as it is still here, it is the best repository of Fiero knowledge in the world, IMO.

The history of PFF is filled with some people like me who were either voted unpopular or outright banned, so a couple got together and started their own forum. Some visit both forums to my knowledge. This forum is entitled, “Real Fiero Tech” and their moniker is and always has been, “Independence has been Declared.” The purpose of this moniker is to illustrate that they were sick of what they consider oppressive moderation here in PFF as with the voting scheme and overall presence here. They also have, “Welcome to the Jungle.” Hardly a jungle, maybe a jungle of moderation hidden behind the pseudo illusion of independence.

Well, sometime after it’s creation about 5 years ago I guess, I stumbled across it and joined. I would visit from time to time, go away, come back, etc. I really enjoyed it because you could swear and you could say what you want. To some, an unconstructive method of posting and general conversation, to others so freestyle that it breeds constructive discourse. I like the latter, not better, just better for me.

I liked the open style of conversation even though I disagreed with some, I wouldn’t be banned for that disagreement and I liked it that way. I took a lot of shots, gave a few, but at the end of the day we were all able to say what we wanted to whomever we wanted and I respected that forum for that latitude; I really thought that as negligible a posting board is in the scheme of life that they really did achieve, ‘Fiero posting board independence.’

Some of the topics and ideas over there are things like if you type, “PFF” the system automatically coverts it to, “Old Europe” as a dig to Cliff’s home region. They refer to PFF as, “Fagland.”

One section is entitled:

RFT vs Teh World
We don't take no guff from Old Europe
Moderators: stimpy, Kohburn, Mach10

And one old thread OP is: It's so funny to see how many topics over there are about ratings right now. It's so funny. Oh no, I need a good rating. Someone like me.

Slaves to the Ratings bar you have become!!!!!!!!

REPLY: It's ugly over there.. Everyone is just trying to get everyone else to rate people how they deem fit.. "I say we all vote negative on this guy!" whatever...

REPLY: What you asssholes didn't realize was that once one of you fudge packers got your ass banned it eliminated the positive you gave your butt buddies. If they were close to being banned, they got banned. Sort of a cascading effect.

REPLY: Its quite obvious we dont' give a ****.

REPLY: Yeah, that's why you started your own forum. If you really didn't give a ****, you would have just walked away.

Then, when someone bashes you, you hack their post. God, you're such a wanker.

REPLY: Hey guys, I have been just chilling out hear lately and reading posts....I finally decided to post something of my own. It is soooo much more calm over hear where you don't have to worry about people giving you negatives and getting booted off the forum for posting things they don't want to hear. http://www.fiero.com/forum/Forum6/HTML/028338.html
The rating system is the stupidest thing ever and you can't even post **** without someone comeplaning or make fun of someone's riced up green car without getting a negative. So you might seing me posting here more often .....if you handle another Canadian on the forum and I will TRY to refrain from BASHING bush every second post.

REPLY: I just tried to reply to your thread with my other user name ,but it looks like Cliffbag Banned him.. I am going to hold off using my others for a while

In anycase welcome aboard.

REPLY: ya its nice to have a free forum.

you start spoutin' the michael moore communist bullshit, like you do on fagsland... You get it told like it is
you aint amarican but I bet u wish u is
haha you aiie tho, pizzo

This thread really defines the intellect over there:

OMG just insane retardedness on Old Europe

Retardedness? Of course that’s shaun41178(2), one of the biggest antagonists over there. He is an example of what the so-called independence group disliked over here at PFF; they disliked what they considered a double-standard of behavior, so they emancipated themselves…..for the time being.

Another aspect is that they have a privileged users forum, something they would have hounded PFF for doing. I always laughed at it and said I was never invited and that it negates their independent, transparent image they were supposedly trying to construct. A long time ago they offered to let me in, I laughingly declined. I forget who it was, but 1 member was banned and emailed me to inform me that he was banned and told me not to believe their independence rhetoric. I didn’t know this member and just kind of blew it off, at that time I wasn’t visiting the forum that much anyway.

So, as time went on, I revisited the forum and as I do, political issues come up. Some engaged me, only 1 or 2 did so constructively and we had some good discourse. Most were unable to mutually maintain composure and threads became ugly, which was par for that forum. The moderator for OT was and is Brian who goes by DiggityBiggity. Without going into details for the sake of keeping this thread on topic, we had differencing political views and he was unable to defend his, so he became frustrated, here is a site that details that:

http://realfierotech.com/ph...opic.php?f=6&t=16173

The thread title is: EB... STFU...

So a moderator can tell its members to STFU and feel a sense of trying to keep peace. In his rant OP he wrote:

I'm sick of it... it's gotten out of hand. There are not many things in this life that I enjoy, and this forum WAS one of them... and you've finally ruined it.

I love politics... I really do, but I'm sorry, this is a ****ing FIERO FORUM!

Are we in Anything Goes? Yes... But G-D DAMNIT!! NOT EVERY ****ING POST HAS TO TURN INTO SOME POLITICAL TIRADE!! I don't want to come in here, and quickly scan every post... I like ACTUALLY READING THEM, and your ****ing rants are annoying, and they suck.

You're stuck in the left/right paradigm. You blame "repugs" for ALL the problems of this country. Wake the **** up, your cherished Democrats are just as evil.

I'm seriously sick and ****ing tired of it, and I think most of the other people in here are too. Go join Rush Limbaughs forum, and annoy someone else, because I'm sick of it.

I like the funny videos, I like the funny dialogue.. this is NOT a political forum. A political post here and there is fine... but you're seriously ruining my high.

Go **** Yourself

Your HIGHLY annoyed dictator

DiggityBiggity

So what the net result is is that he cannot rebut my arguments so he starts a thread to tell me to quit, then talks the main moderator into suspending/banning me. Within his rant is an argument about his politics as he’s telling me to quit talking politics. What he’s really saying is that I should quit having my perspective (censorship), not to quit talking politics. If he wanted me to quit talking politics he would just say that, not interject his take on my politics. He wasn’t moderating, he was arguing his side and using his position as a moderator to impose it on me, the very thing they complained about with PFF years ago and still do today. Is this independence? Sounds like a throwback to what they thought they were proactively departing from with PFF. I guess what they meant was that they still wanted dependence, just that they wanted others to be dependent upon them.

There are a couple concepts in the social sciences world that talks about this Real Fiero Tech independence model in relation to their alleged independence:

1) Many times when a country, regime or any other entity departs from or conquers an ideology, they become that. I could easily cite a few examples, but I don’t want to post a personal political perspective and ruin the purpose for this thread; I think we all can think of this phenomenon throughout history.

2) Sometimes the extreme ends become so distant that they reach around and touch each other on the backside and share properties. The examples here are PFF being too overly moderated per the RFT crowd, the RFT crowd forming a new polar opposite forum that was supposed to be a departure from censorship via over-moderation. In their quest to be totally free from censorship and moderation, they reached so far the other way that they became what they disliked in PFF.

Perhaps moderation at RFT should remove their slams of Cliff and write him an apology saying that they now understand the trials and tribulations of forum moderation, for they have become less independent and now a heavily moderated, censored forum.

This loss of independence isn’t absolute though, as we see, some members have the ability to act independently, such as p8ntman442:

REPLY: it takes 2 to tango diggity.

And then some want backdoor censorship, such as Will:

The "delete post" button is extremely convenient in the new forum layout.

See, this is the same affect as banning the member, just ban their writings and it’s the same as banning the member; it’s all censorship in a different package.

And then there are people with the best idea of all such as Aaron:

I don't particularly enjoy his rants (Like I voted), but I don't really mind them either. To be fair, I don't even really read them, I skip by all of his posts, as I'm not into debating politics.

There is a process for people who don’t like any other poster’s words; just skip them. When people want to ban members or delete posts, it’s just censorship, and there is really nothing wrong with that if that is the protocol for your venue or forum, but to call yourself independent from a forum like PFF for being so-called too ban-happy, too moderated, then to start your own forum and then become what you claimed you disliked is the ultimate of hypocrisy. I really don’t care, I think it’s funny and I knew it was a matter of time before it happened and it is only a 10-day ban. I’m done there and I don’t see myself further posting here as I don’t want to create trouble and my posting style probably would. I just want others to be aware that it took 5 years at most for the so-called angry defectors from here to become what they wanted to avoid being like; it was inevitable yet hilarious and laughable.

And then there’s the typical denial so present at RFT, this is from Fastback86:

I'd be all in favor of changing this forum's banning policy just long enough to ban Ebs.

You know, Fastback, you suck one dick you can’t, ‘ungay’ yourself; you ban one person you can’t ever declare yourself independent from censorship.

To PFF, I’m just posting this as a fair assessment of reality. There was a lot of smack talked about PFF in the past and over the years since for your voting style of moderation. Hey, it’s your place, your rules, you have never claimed to allow anything, anytime; it’s a free-for-all. A new member can easily see this forum is moderated by way of its voting system and it's personal opinion as to whether it is too moderated or not enough, but when a group departs due to their opinion that it is over-moderated, censored, etc., it is just the largest hypocrisy that can be levied to call themselves free of that form of moderation and control as they employ the same moderation. PFF and RFT have more in common that they have in difference; everyone realizes that except some of the few, denialist members of RFT.

[This message has been edited by I'm Back (edited 03-15-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A new member can easily see this forum is moderated by way of its voting system and it's personal opinion as to whether it is too moderated or not enough

I disagree with this statement. I've been here for a year, and I don't see how this forum is moderated by way of voting system. I've had a membership on many different forums in the past, and to me this forum seems like its moderated like any other forum. Fair and just. You f*ck up, you get banned, end of story. The rating system is not meant to be used as a tool for banning, only for people to give a + or - to people based on their posts and personal feelings of how that POST helped them. You give crap info, you get crap ratings. End of story.
I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:

I disagree with this statement. I've been here for a year, and I don't see how this forum is moderated by way of voting system. I've had a membership on many different forums in the past, and to me this forum seems like its moderated like any other forum. Fair and just. You f*ck up, you get banned, end of story. The rating system is not meant to be used as a tool for banning, only for people to give a + or - to people based on their posts and personal feelings of how that POST helped them. You give crap info, you get crap ratings. End of story.

I'm not even complaining about any bannings, the theme is that of a group of guys that left here and started a new forum due to them hating the moderating system here; that's it. I have no issues with this moderation or others, just pointing out a phenomenon of RFT and PFF. Yes, there is no magic number, just a way for Cliff to get an estimate of who is liked or disliked, I have no issue with that. What I am demonstrating is that people who did have a problem with it opened a new forum called Real Fiero Tech, they denounced this system of public opinion and opted for "Independence," then became what they disavowed.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The existence or opinions of RFT are of no consequence.

Devotshka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DevotshkaSend a Private Message to DevotshkaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TL;DR

I remember EdsB52 from long long ago. This post looks pretty consistent with the last time I saw you post based on it revolving around material aimed at favoring and mudslinging. Just skimming your post I honestly can't see any other purpose in it whatsoever.

I can't say I miss you or anything.

Also,

And,

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by I'm Back:

What I am demonstrating is that people who did have a problem with it opened a new forum called Real Fiero TechPennocks Sucks, they denounced this system of public opinion and opted for "Independence," then became what they disavowed.

Fixed that for you. Might as well call them by their original name.
That was their answer to being banned to the island of misfit Fiero owners.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 03-15-2009).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post03-15-2009 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just like the free use of language, free use of directed insults when I see them necessary.

I find the "use of directed insults never necessary".
Just my for what it's worth.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 03-15-2009).]

I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

The existence or opinions of RFT are of no consequence.

Without a doubt, but people here know people there and know the issues surrounding the formation of RFT and all the trash they talked about the moderation and voting system as a way to, in their ideas, censor and over-moderate. Then they employ the same tactic. I'm not here to stir crap and my existence here one way or the other is to connect the dots, if you will and perhaps state that RFT owes PFF and Cliff an apology. I'm sure that won't happen and I'm sure Cliff's life will be just as complete without it, but I am here for this thread and this thread only. Don't worry, I won't be running here to spread anymore sunshine . I prefer other forums for conversation, wish all well and just want to state the truth as to the reality behind RFT, as if anyone cares, which I'm sure they don't.
I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm Back

3780 posts
Member since Oct 2002

Fixed that for you. Might as well call them by their original name.
That was their answer to being banned to the island of misfit Fiero owners.

Without a doubt. Then they became what they *claimed* they hated. That's all I'm here for folks, don't wanna piss anyone off.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Devotshka:

TL;DR

I remember EdsB52 from long long ago. This post looks pretty consistent with the last time I saw you post based on it revolving around material aimed at favoring and mudslinging. Just skimming your post I honestly can't see any other purpose in it whatsoever.

*snip*

Glad im not alone in not seeing a point. I tried, but just couldn't see it.
I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I find the "use of directed insults never necessary".
Just my for what it's worth.

Well you're right and I prefer not to use that, but in political discussions people's ego's usually refuse to allow for concession, so that's what follows. I don't wanna go there in this 1 thread I will be here for, I just want to focus on what RFT is really about and that they have no right making fun of Cliff's protocol or PFF in general.
PFF
System Bot
I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm Back

3780 posts
Member since Oct 2002

Originally posted by Nurb432:

The point is that RFT acts as if they are the alternative to PFF, the alternative that is independent from any moderation. If anyone cares, they are not. If no one cares, have a nice day all.

[This message has been edited by I'm Back (edited 03-15-2009).]

Devotshka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DevotshkaSend a Private Message to DevotshkaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I think I used too many words.

"Who cares?"

Would have sufficed. Sorry I wasn't clearer the first time.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have many reasons I don't post over there. Everyone of them is reason enough.
Lack of intelligence in general is one of them. That means the majority but not all. I don't have time to wade through so much **** to get to a few gems.
Even for just entertaining reading it is a chore to have to deal with. If I wanted to waste my time there is a high school near by I am sure I could listen to their wealth of wisdom as it amounts to much the same thing.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pokeyfiero

16189 posts
Member since Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nurb432:

The point is the hypocrisy. They are nothing without Pennocks from creation and still to this day.
Independence has been declared and never achieved. Truly if they were independent why would they need to declare it? Over and over and over.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The point is you need someplace to vent and complain about them. You've apparently exhausted your time over their complaining about this forum and now look for an audience here.
I speak only for myself, but this thread serves no useful purpose and discussion about RFT is not welcome here. Please take your observations about RFT somewhere else.
I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

I have many reasons I don't post over there. Everyone of them is reason enough.
Lack of intelligence in general is one of them. That means the majority but not all. I don't have time to wade through so much **** to get to a few gems.
Even for just entertaining reading it is a chore to have to deal with. If I wanted to waste my time there is a high school near by I am sure I could listen to their wealth of wisdom as it amounts to much the same thing.

Yea, I hear ya, it's like conversing with a bunch of 15 kids. Will is pretty sharp, but he has issues too. There are a couple cool guys there, but their whole claim was that they were independent of moderation, come here, swear, call the mods names, it's all good. They have banned a few, which is fine and their right, but the whole independence thing is a facade.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The point is you need someplace to vent and complain about them. You've apparently exhausted your time over their complaining about this forum and now look for an audience here.
I speak only for myself, but this thread serves no useful purpose and discussion about RFT is not welcome here. Please take your observations about RFT somewhere else.

I don't like I'm back not even a little but I don't see where he doesn't have a right to express his opinion. He is still a member, not by my doing but he is.

The only reason I even clicked on this thread was because I noticed it was I'm back that posted it. I was very interested to see what someone I almost always diagree with has to say after so long.

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 03-15-2009).]

I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think it has a place here, they still disparage this place and Cliff, I'm sure no one has hurt feelings. Many members from there were legends here, such as Stimpy, so there is a correaltion. Don't worry my friend, I am here for this thread alone, I won't look for it as a way to drift back in. I think it does have relevance and if Cliff doesn't think so, he can delete it, ban me, whatever works. I'm not trying to infuriate anyone here, just inform; I think some might find it interesting, maybe not.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello again Ed. I don't guess I know of any board that doesn't have some form of censorship or moderation--and most have a clique of one kind or another to deal with. Just a part of life.

BTW, the war of classes you warned me about umm---maybe 5-6 years ago has come to pass it seems. Thankfully it happened at the ballot box and not in trenches. Take care of yourself.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-15-2009).]

Devotshka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DevotshkaSend a Private Message to DevotshkaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've never wandered over there before, but it all has become quite clear now.

http://www.realfierotech.co...opic.php?f=6&t=16173

I lol'd. I'd be pissed too, but this isn't helping anything. Just move on. Be it back here or somewhere else. Pointing out how that people said one thing on the internet then did something else isn't going to make anything better, it's just the online version of wallowing in self pity. Settle back in here, or some other place, I don't care. But don't bring their pissy shenanigans back here.
PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's all about "acknowledgement". My 6 year old son hits hiw sister when he wants to be acknowledged. That is what children do. They know they are incapable of reasoning for the attention they seek so they misbehave. My son will grow out of it with good parenting and a loving hand but alas, some people didn't get enough breast milk the old fashioned way and are hell bent and determined to keep kicking their sisters for attention and deny that they did it.

In AND out before trash can.
I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Hello again Ed. I don't guess I know of any board that doesn't have some form of censorship or moderation--and most have a clique of one kind or another to deal with. Just a part of life.

BTW, the war of classes you warned me about umm---maybe 5-6 years ago has come to pass it seems. Thankfully it happened at the ballot box and not in trenches. Take care of yourself.

Hey Don, I hope all is well. As for moderation on all forums, I agree, my 1 and only point is that PFF claims it and practices it, RFT denounces it, abhores it, makes the abolition of it the theme of their very existence, then practices it.

As for the other political statement, PM me if you wish, I'm not here to stir any political issues; I'm here for this thread alone.

Take care my friend

Ed

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This has been hashed numerous times, but it is funny to hear once in awhile. I have always loved the "independence declared" slogan, yet the group over there that posts in "RFT vs teh world" posts over here pretty often as well. The sad fact is that they miss it over here so much, they keep coming back. I think they realize that here you don't have to sift through the BS to find the information you're looking for.
I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've never wandered over there before, but it all has become quite clear now.

http://www.realfierotech.co...opic.php?f=6&t=16173

I lol'd. I'd be pissed too, but this isn't helping anything. Just move on. Be it back here or somewhere else. Pointing out how that people said one thing on the internet then did something else isn't going to make anything better, it's just the online version of wallowing in self pity. Settle back in here, or some other place, I don't care. But don't bring their pissy shenanigans back here.

The point is that they made it the purpose of their very existence to rebel against moderation, then they became moderators. I'm so done there and I will only wander here for Fiero tech archives, I'm not here to piss anyone off, just thought it might be interesting to some. I'm not here for round 3 either, I'm here for this 1 thread. Take care.
I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm Back

3780 posts
Member since Oct 2002

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

This has been hashed numerous times, but it is funny to hear once in awhile. I have always loved the "independence declared" slogan, yet the group over there that posts in "RFT vs teh world" posts over here pretty often as well. The sad fact is that they miss it over here so much, they keep coming back. I think they realize that here you don't have to sift through the BS to find the information you're looking for.

For sure, all of it very true. I prefer less moderated forums, but they have their very real downsides too, they tend to have more rhetoric than they have substantive information, regardless of the topic. It's just personal preference, but the Independece Declared slogan is just very thin window dressing.

I'm sure many come to PFF as well, probably many under an alias. Take care bro.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Simplified explanation of RFT:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Devotshka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DevotshkaSend a Private Message to DevotshkaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

just thought it might be interesting to some.

Well here's the awesome part about it: The people here that frequent that forum too already know about it. The people here that don't frequent that forum in most circumstances avoid that forum for that very reason.

The fact that that forum is over moderated after claiming to be free of moderation was abundantly clear to EVERYONE within about 2 weeks of it opening. There were numerous threads here about it. This is absolutely NO different than any of the other threads about that place other than this time you were the 'victim' focal point if you will.

You hung out with, in the majority, childlike folks. Expect no less from them. I'm just surprised it took you so long to realize it.

edited for clarification

[This message has been edited by Devotshka (edited 03-15-2009).]

I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well here's the awesome part about it: The people here that frequent that forum too already know about it. The people here that don't frequent that forum in most circumstances avoid that forum for that very reason.

The fact that that forum is over moderated after claiming to be free of moderation was abundantly clear to EVERYONE within about 2 weeks of it opening. There were numerous threads here about it. This is absolutely NO different than any of the other threads about that place other than this time you were the 'victim' if you will.

You hung out with, in the majority, childlike folks. Expect no less from them. I'm just surprised it took you so long to realize it.

1) I'm certainly not a victim

2) As you wrote, it is over-moderated only because they claim to be non-moderated, otherwise, objectively, they are not real moderated. They should just drop the Independence facade.

3) I wasn't here, so I didn't see the threads here about it.

4) You hung out with, in the majority, childlike folks. Expect no less from them. I'm just surprised it took you so long to realize it. <---- exactly, on all counts. I think they didn't want to ban me as I kept reminding them that they would be what they were trying to avoid. I guess ole DiggityBiggity just had too much, I think it's hillarious.
I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm Back

3780 posts
Member since Oct 2002

Originally posted by fierobear:

Simplified explanation of RFT:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I couldn't have IMG'd it better myself! Take care Fierobear.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, the irony. (Yeah, I get the "moderation" thing.)

OTOH, It seems like Ed can't get along with anybody.

Or perhaps they just can't get along with him. Perhaps. Who knows?
("G*D-DAMMIT!!! LISTEN!! EVERYONE'S WRONG BUT ME!!!")

In any event...
I was of the mind to just "agree to disagree" until a remark you made, in response to one of my comments, about inbred southerners. Totally uncalled for, within the context of the convo. (Funny thing is, all of my relatives were damyankees. And it still pissed me off.)
I believe that my response was "Go fsck yourself."

It still stands.

I don't like you. Not one little bit.

(Redacted)

Take care now. Ya' hear?

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 03-15-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought I banned you. I might remember wrong since perhaps you did leave at your own merit. What I do remember is that I truly hate your guts. The BS you sent me through PM and email was the reason I once almost closed PFF for good.

And now your back indeed.

So let me correct this and ban you and tell you once more you are not welcome here.

I reconsidered because banning you was my gut reaction. Let me think about it a few more minutes.
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

I thought I banned you. I might remember wrong since perhaps you did leave at your own merit. What I do remember is that I truly hate your guts. The BS you sent me through PM and email was the reason I once almost closed PFF for good.

So let me correct this and ban you and tell you once more you are not welcome here.

I reconsidered because banning you was my gut reaction. Let me think about it a few more minutes.

It took me forever to find this, but you did let Ed come back once (hence the "I'm Back" name) and he hasn't earned a re-banning (EDIT: Per the rating system).

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...030204-6-010899.html

I can't believe it's been almost 7 years since all of those threads..........

[This message has been edited by AkursedX (edited 03-15-2009).]

Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Am so lost in this one .Was before my time I guess
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Logged in just to give you a neg EB! You're so pro-voting and democracy, well I vote you out of office.

RFT is your only savior, its the only place on the internet that CAN'T ban you.

I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's fine, Cliff, I have no issue with what you want to do, whatever works for you. I'm not here to reconcile, I'm not here for the longrun either, really just to inform and actually support you in that I was with the goons at RFT, thought they had a sanctuary and now realize it is somewhat the same. IOW's, all I was saying with this thread is that altho I don't agree with heavily-moderated forums, most forums aren't that different even tho they claim to be.

As for why I'm here, just to pass along the RFT myth, it appears that has been well established. Where will I hang out? Not here, not there (RFT). I will come back here or there if I need tech info, I have other forums I prefer to shoot the crap at. I really didn't post at RFT all that long anyway, I would hang out for a while, then leave, come back, then leave.

As for the bad old days, time has gone by and I think you are forgetting a bit of time in the middle where we actually reconciled. Initially I was EBSB52, then came back as I'm Back, then just left. Most of the real dissention was as EDSB52 in 99-00. Yes there was the forum closing where you urged people who live near me to do whatever, then retracted. I just read a PM from 2004 that was unread until a few minutes ago where I asked where to donate. You replied by telling me and then told me my computer clock was off and something else, it was a polite exchange. I recall 2 small donations. I think you have forgetten middle part where all was well and the 10 year ago fiasco stands out. As well, this forum and the internet were in their infancy so we all had to learn to get along via a medium that was a new twist. I'm not here with this 1 thread to slander RFT or any people over there, I'm here to debunk the myth they advertise.

This particular forum isn't for me and I'm not for it, I just wanted to drop by, pass along my message and say hi, I won't take up anymore bandwidth than this thread. In the furure I would come back to research data, that's it. If I get banned, I can circumvent that, so I respect your right to do what you have to do. That last statement wasn't meant to inflame, just that the reality is we all do what we have to do.

I'm sorry you have all that hate for me, I have had differences with you but I'm at peace with all that and wish you well. I want you to stay here, where else would I get tech info? I might buy a CD if I thought you were going offline. I'm glad you're here and hope you go don't go offline.
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The BS you sent me through PM and email was the reason I once almost closed PFF for good.

Are you actually SCARED of this douche? Its your forum dude, tell him to stick it.

I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AkursedX:

It took me forever to find this, but you did let Ed come back once (hence the "I'm Back" name) and he hasn't earned a re-banning (EDIT: Per the rating system).

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...030204-6-010899.html

I can't believe it's been almost 7 years since all of those threads..........

Exactly, good recall!!! A lot of time has gone by and I understand how Cliff would forget the middle part. Thx my friend. I'm just passing thru, 1 thread only.
I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm Back

3780 posts
Member since Oct 2002

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:
Are you actually SCARED of this douche? Its your forum dude, tell him to stick it.

I doubt anyone is scared of anyone here, take care.
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"You know, Fastback, you suck one dick you can’t, ‘ungay’ yourself; you ban one person you can’t ever declare yourself independent from censorship."

Wow dude, the vision of all that is wonderful and pure in this world of forums talks like THAT. You're a dick dude, the pedophiliac jokes are perverse, calling everyone a redneck is uncalled for, you add nothing to the internet. You add nothing to tech, you add nothing to nothing. All you do is spew hate and ignorance. Go get on some inbred **** site and leave us all the hell alone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock