Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  archie is gettin bashed on streetfire? (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
archie is gettin bashed on streetfire? by kyp
Started on: 03-13-2008 03:51 PM
Replies: 523 (11892 views)
Last post by: AutoTech on 04-29-2008 02:21 AM
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know all of this has nothing to do with what engine people choose. The problem is attitude, if I have a problem with Archie and send him an e-mail or pm he would answer me. I have sent Shaun several messages to just let it go and let me be, but there he is all the time pointing a finger at me, and what for? Because I have a V8? Have I called him out? Because I stick up for myself? He just seems to have a problem and has singled out people that like V8s.
IP: Logged
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post03-14-2008 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

archie has a business, and his livelihood depends on his reputation in the fiero community.

That certainly shows through... Unfortunately when I step back from the situation I see poor quality of work, lack of performance, and a mask built around the afore mentioned product to protect it. Collectively of the above, I see little pride in his work. But I'm sure there's a market in the Fiero community for that.

Everyone makes mistakes I understand, but not everyone learns from them.

[This message has been edited by Emc209i (edited 03-14-2008).]

kyp

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kypSend a Private Message to kypEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man i definitely think its time that this thread goes away im very sorry for bringing this up. archie takes alot of pride in his work keep in mind v8 swaps arnt the only thing he doesn his rebody kits are among the best in the fiero world. so do your searching b4 you say that he takes no pride in his work. thats an ignorant claim, how would you know what he takes pride in and what he doesnt. he tries to keep it simple and affordable not everyone has oodles of cash to throw around. i bet is he wanted to he could build the fastest fiero in the world easy, its just not what he does. keep thos kinda of comments to yourself
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

You know all of this has nothing to do with what engine people choose. The problem is attitude, if I have a problem with Archie and send him an e-mail or pm he would answer me. I have sent Shaun several messages to just let it go and let me be, but there he is all the time pointing a finger at me, and what for? Because I have a V8? Have I called him out? Because I stick up for myself? He just seems to have a problem and has singled out people that like V8s.

Why is necessary to stick up for yourself against attacks from someone you have no regard for? If you don't give a damn about him, then why care about what he says? You can't win an argument against someone who is dead-set on arguing over nothing.

Originally posted by troyboy:

Shaunbag was posting on all of the vid's of my car on YouTube, At first I let the little nut sack pis me off but then I would chalk it off to immaturity and ignorance. So when he or his crew start sh*t I just think of this:
http://www.ladyofthecake.co...k/sounds/bastard.wav
and laugh it off

This is how I would respond to it, what does his opinion really matter? If everyone stopped giving him attention, all this crap would stay on RFT. Instead, we end up with stuff dredged up from Shaun's rants on RFT causing more issues here. He revels in the fact people go over there just to look at his posts then respond to them here. I do visit RFT, and for the most part even the people on RFT look on Shaun's rants with bemusement.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Emc209i:

That certainly shows through... Unfortunately when I step back from the situation I see poor quality of work, lack of performance, and a mask built around the afore mentioned product to protect it. Collectively of the above, I see little pride in his work. But I'm sure there's a market in the Fiero community for that.

Maybe you should step back and take off your "Shaunna glasses".

Poor quality of work? 3 years - No problems
Lack of performance? So 12 second car lacks performance?

That "mask" you think you see is just a smudge of Shaunna's BS on your "Shaunna glasses".

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am not at all upset about the dyno numbers because I didn't give a Shi$$ in the first place and did absolutely nothing to get ready - no timing changes, no advance curve optimization (and I have an MSD digital distributor so that would have been easy) - again can't you people read or is it a comprehension problem. I also own a C6 that makes over 350 hp at the rear wheels and I certainly don't consider it a "handful" to drive - its fun. Once again, I personally feel like Shaunbag has invaded my privacy and he turned something that was supposed to be a fun car guy day into an ugly competition it was not. I spent the majority of my time trying to help and accommodate the kid with the 3800 turbo trying to stop leaks long enough so he could get it on the dyno, then the kid stiffed us for the dyno fee. this is not a simple argument among friends - Shaunbag haas an ageenda and I personally consider Shaunbag a wacko and a potential physical threat - what part of that don't you understand?

For not giving a Shi$$ it really seems like your feelings were hurt or you wouldn't be making such a big deal out of it. That is what I don't understand. You say one thing and then you're all upset about the numbers showing up in a video and call this an invasion of privacy. You then reveal a fear of Shaun, a person you have never met. He is a small skinny dude that couldn't hurt a fly and he's too smart to throw the first punch, so there is nothing to fear. He's all bark and no bite, but he might belly bump you if you do this to him first.
You were at a public event, live with it or don't show up to any more public events. If you want privacy and secrecy that is the only way to ensure this.
Oh, and a C6 is built to handle 350 HP from the factory, the Fiero wasn't designed for this and requires modifications to do so. That is why it would be a handful with that power level. Stock brakes, transmissions, suspension, etc. were not designed for this level of power. Let's compare apples to apples, not oranges.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 03-14-2008).]

typhoon

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is one of the several emails I have gotten from shaunbag. I have young kids in the house and they saw this crap. I cleaned it up for your viewing pleasure:

subject: RE: your fiero timeslip

sorry but even a 383 with over 400 won't get you there. And sorry but your tranny won't last 1 time with a 1.5 60 ft time. You would need to launch at 6k rpm with a clutch dump with drag radials on. Sorry but you weren't doing that.

Just because you have been racing for 30 years doesn't mean you can't lie. In fact you are more willing to lie.

Your timeslip is f*cking bogus and you are f*cking bogus. Oh no you know my ip. I am so scared.

GEt the f*ck off pennocks you lying h*mo.
Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-14-2008 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:
Maybe you should step back and take off your "Shaunna glasses".

That "mask" you think you see is just a smudge of Shaunna's BS on your "Shaunna glasses".

Longevity does not qualify detail.
Yes a 12 second car is slow. And a complete joke to me, being that there are cars faster than yours that have half of a small blocks displacement and weight more..... But then again what would I know. I'd like to look at it through your lenses, but I can't say I would appreciate it more than mine.

There are some here, such as Troy and Curly, that make sure things get put together better than others. But if I want an engine swap I have more confidence in other sources. Back to my regularly scheduled program.
typhoon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crzyone:

So the slip is from when you had a 383 with a carb? 400hp seems reasonable if the motor is built right. A 383 TPI won't have the intake capacity to run as fast in the 1/4, but would be nicer to drive. With the 60' you were pulling I have no doubt the transmission didn't last long. That is a hard launch.

It was about 4 years ago. I think it was my third run, I dumped the clutch at about 5500 rpm and the getrag let loose. Oil and chunks everywhere. My previous run was the best, I had Hoosiers on the back and they were pretty sticky. My Fiero weighed in around 2800 lbs.
Found this on the net. Possibly my motor was not quite 400 hp.
http://www.dragtimes.com/ho...+Horsepower+Estimate

Horsepower Calculator from 1/4 mile time, Trap Speed & Weight

This calculator will estimate the amount of horsepower a car
is generating at the flywheel from the car's 1/4 mile time, trap speed and weight.

1/4 mile time: 11.4

Trap Speed: 120

Weight of vehicle
with driver (pounds): 2800

Horsepower @ flywheel = 375.58HP

Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-14-2008 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One more quick thing I'd like to point out from my standpoint. I think its funny some of you can excuse the beyond bad for a poor excuse like Shaun. Furthermore, how horrible would it be if the object of Shaun's discontent were to be addressed. Shaun couldn't complain, although I'm sure he'd find something else, and Archie's market would go through the roof. It seems instead, Archie would rather argue the point than fix the problems pointed out by so many of the educated here. Professional business men don't do that. You're shooting yourself in the foot, because your market is going to dwindle over the years due to your unprofessional conduct.

Am I entitled to my opinion being part of this community: Absolutely.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes a 12 second car is slow. And a complete joke to me, being that there are cars faster than yours that have half of a small blocks displacement and weight more....

So how fast does a car have to be not to be slow and a complete joke to you?

Is your car a complete joke because there are cars faster than it with less displacement? How's it feel to consider yourself a joke?
PFF
System Bot
Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-14-2008 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never said my car was fast.... There's a reason I don't. From where I'm coming from, 12 second is slow for a car that was "built" to be fast. I don't under appreciate things, I can truly say that my car is fun to drive for what it is. I don't jump into discussions about 1/4 times though. Twelve seconds is at least expected, but nothing to rave about.

Edit: but then again- I'm not building cars for a living, so its all relative right? I guess I need an 11 second car before I can state my opinion about a 12 second car, huh?

Originally posted by Formula88:
So how fast does a car have to be not to be slow and a complete joke to you?

V8 should mean faster than 12 seconds... And from what I understand all of the others are slower, right? So the creme of the crop is running under Matt Hawkins. That seems kinda funny too me. You do understand what that con entails right.... being you read into it so much.

Please correct me at any time..

typhoon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by typhoon (edited 03-14-2008).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

3 years but you have ONLY 3000 miles on the car--The motor is barely even broke in on that swap so cant really base long term qaulity off your swap. Drive it daily for about a year and then check back in.

One 12 second run in 3 years really isnt saying much. I can say that your car does put down the HP but until it has some miles on it, its just another Sunday driven SBC Fiero.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

V8 should mean faster than 12 seconds...

That's an interesting opinion. Is there some reason you choose that particular time bracket for V8s?
So Dave's 12 second V8 Fiero is slow, but Tina's 11.9 second V8 Fiero is fast?

Is that just for V8 Fieros or all cars? How about a slow 12 second Corvette or Firebird?

How fast does a 6 cylinder have to be to be fast? 13 seconds? 14? You could have a slower car be "fast" but a faster car would be "slow" because it's a V8.

You're a strange little boy.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes a 12 second car is slow. And a complete joke to me, being that there are cars faster than yours that have half of a small blocks displacement and weight more.....

Being I have a 12 second Fiero that I use as a DD, I can tell you a 12 second DD Fiero is not slow nor is it a joke. I have $5500 in my car total and it runs a 12.0 and thats driving it to the track and back. There will always be cars out there that are faster but those cars also cost alot more compared to the cost of my car.

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:
Being I have a 12 second Fiero that I use as a DD, I can tell you a 12 second DD Fiero is not slow nor is it a joke. I have $5500 in my car total and it runs a 12.0 and thats driving it to the track and back. There will always be cars out there that are faster but those cars also cost alot more compared to the cost of my car.

For less money, you could have had a 12 second van as a daily driver: http://www.turbominivan.com

They are, bar none, the cheapest and easiest way to go fast.
prostreet505

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prostreet505Send a Private Message to prostreet505Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes a 12 second car is slow. And a complete joke to me

Have you ever driven a 12 second car?

You watch way to much tv if you think a 12 second car is slow. A 12 second car is no joke.

Oh, let me guess, your fiero must do high 9's. Now I see why you think 12 seconds is slow.

Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And people wonder why the Fiero has the shitty reputation it does in the automotive world...

[This message has been edited by Unsafe At Any Speed (edited 03-14-2008).]

Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-14-2008 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How fast does a 6 cylinder have to be to be fast? 13 seconds? 14? You could have a slower car be "fast" but a faster car would be "slow" because it's a V8.

You're a strange little boy.

We call what you just pulled circular reasoning; not very interesting at all, just sort of lame. That's fine, because back to what I said before, it's my opinion whether you agree or not. Oh, and I had graduated boyhood 4 years ago according to the state's judiciary system.

No joke cars- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2weBQH0rAY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPxDVwn4Eto

I don't watch much Tv to be honest. I do hang out with guys who laugh at 12 second V8 Fiero's though.Several Fiero people, including myself, are usually the exception because. 1. We aren't old and closed minded. 2. We appreciate other things (back to one). 3. We drive cars with paint on them (directed at Formula88). Or if they don't have paint they have motors that are faster than 12 seconds.

Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-14-2008 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Emc209i

3091 posts
Member since Apr 2005

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:

And people wonder why the Fiero has the shitty reputation it does in the automotive world...

It has a shitty reputation because people do know what kind of people own them....
PFF
System Bot
Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-14-2008 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by prostreet505:

For my own gratification... yes.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It has a shitty reputation because people do know what kind of people own them....

WOW !!! That one should get you a few more points on this Forum !
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We call what you just pulled circular reasoning; not very interesting at all, just sort of lame.

Well, you may be an adult, but you still lack a bit of an education. Circular reasoning is trying to reach a new conclusion by repeating a statement in different or stronger terms.
What I did was called "extrapolation." If you say a V8 should run a 12 second quarter mile or better, does that mean an engine with fewer pistons only needs to run a slower time to be considered fast?

Unfortunately, the judicial system doesn't teach logic.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 03-14-2008).]

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You watch way to much tv if you think a 12 second car is slow. A 12 second car is no joke.

Oh, let me guess, your fiero must do high 9's. Now I see why you think 12 seconds is slow.

WORD. Around here 12 seconds means you have a roll cage or they toss you off the track. (well not actually 12 seconds, but > 100 MPH in the 1/4, but at 12 thats a given)

Why are we even having this conversation? Lets look at this... cornerstone of the Fiero community (archie) VS complete drama queen (shawnbag). So why are we having this convo again?

How that guy has survived this far in life baffles me.
prostreet505

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prostreet505Send a Private Message to prostreet505Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No joke cars- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2weBQH0rAY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPxDVwn4Eto

Your right 12 seconds is slow compared to the videos you posted, but I don't think those cars drove to and from the track either.
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys are missing the point of the conversation of this page.

That statement is a damn joke. I literally laughed out loud when I read that and almost spit out my drink.

In any case, YES, a 12 second weekend fun, speed built car IS a joke. This isn't 1992. Any stock block fox body or SN95 will run WELL under 12 with nothing but a cheap homemade turbo setup. The same holds true for LS camaros. Anyone who builds a car to be fast and runs in the 12s will get laughed at now a day, thats just how it is. There are basic upgrade srt4 neons, and even Mazda 3s running well into the 12s with only a few hundred bucks. Lets fast forward to 2008 people, 12s are an everyday car nowaday.

[This message has been edited by Jncomutt (edited 03-14-2008).]

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

and you own a fiero, therefore...
prostreet505

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prostreet505Send a Private Message to prostreet505Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

That statement is a damn joke. I literally laughed out loud when I read that and almost spit out my drink.

12s are an everyday car nowaday.

Do you own a 12 second fiero?? And I'm talking about a daily driven 12 second fiero, not a weekend fun fiero.

It's easy for everybody to say that it's slow, when the cars they drive are even slower. hmm, whats wrong with that picture.
Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-14-2008 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, you may be an adult, but you still lack a bit of an education. Circular reasoning is trying to reach a new conclusion by repeating a statement in different or stronger terms.
What I did was called "extrapolation." If you say a V8 should run a 12 second quarter mile or better, does that mean an engine with fewer pistons only needs to run a slower time to be considered fast?

Unfortunately, the judicial system doesn't teach logic.

Oh nohz you win.. Being that most of you older folks relate speed to power, and power to rotating pistons... I guess so. But I think 12 seconds is slow for any drag car, regardless of rotating mass.

Some fat bald guy jumped in a car with me the other day at the yard. I was busy working on something electrical, but I listened to him tell me about the drag cars that he helps build at their speed shop. They apparently just drove the car 500 miles to the strip, dragging a trailer behind it. Once they got there, they ran a 9.5 something quarter. I thought it was interesting that someone who looked and acted as much like you could be talking about something like this. This bears nothing to do with the conversation at hand, I just thought I'd throw it your way before I took off.
Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-14-2008 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Emc209i

3091 posts
Member since Apr 2005

Do you own a 12 second fiero?? And I'm talking about a daily driven 12 second fiero, not a weekend fun fiero.

ROFLOL Get em John.
PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

no joke I am using a f40 6 speed trans that has been taken completely apart and re done using
cyro hardened parts and other one off parts.
I have a lot of time and money invested in this project so it will hold together.
I will start posting the details in the fall when the motor comes back from the shop and is ready to go in the car.
I am sure stuff will brake but I am doing everything I can to make every part as strong as it can be.
A lot of what I am using in the car are one off pieces.
Over the top ? Yes but I dont have any other vice's

Don't want to be disrespectful, but if you've done your research the F-40 is even weaker then the Getrag with one more useless gear. The physical size & cut of the gears of BOTH transmissions are simply too small for major HP. I'm sorry you wasted any amount of money on the F-40, but if your going to hold HP that G-force is a little spendy at approx 15k - Look at one of these http://www.libertysgears.com/clutchless.htm
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ring Ring Ring, this PWN-Call is for you...

I put over 3000 miles on my car a month. I get over 30mpg, drive it home from school over 800 miles each way quite often. Oh, btw, it IS in the 12s....

Edited to add another ring, cause you probably wouldn't have answered by two.

[This message has been edited by Jncomutt (edited 03-14-2008).]

Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL! dissssssssssssssssssss
Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-14-2008 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spit orange juice on the monitor ... brb . I need to clean this up.
prostreet505

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prostreet505Send a Private Message to prostreet505Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I put over 3000 miles on my car a month. I get over 30mpg, drive it home from school over 800 miles each way quite often. Oh, btw, it IS in the 12s....

Edited to add another ring, cause you probably wouldn't have answered by two.

So if 12 seconds is slow, Why are you driving one? Why did you even bother building it if you knew it was going to be slow? Let me guess. It must be a 3800sc?
Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-14-2008 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ohhhh noooz. He wants more!
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So if 12 seconds is slow, Why are you driving one? Why did you even bother building it if you knew it was going to be slow? Let me guess. It must be a 3800sc?

jncomutt only posted once dipshit, emc209i said 12s are slow, pretty sure its not an SC anymore....
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I never said my car was fast.... There's a reason I don't. From where I'm coming from, 12 second is slow for a car that was "built" to be fast. I don't under appreciate things, I can truly say that my car is fun to drive for what it is. I don't jump into discussions about 1/4 times though. Twelve seconds is at least expected, but nothing to rave about.

V8 should mean faster than 12 seconds... And from what I understand all of the others are slower, right? So the creme of the crop is running under Matt Hawkins. That seems kinda funny too me. You do understand what that con entails right.... being you read into it so much.

Please correct me at any time..

Please tell me where I said I "built" my car to be the fast???? I said it "performed", 12 seconds on a street car is "performance" to most.
That's yours and Shaunna's problem. You think just because it's a V-8 that it must have been built for strictly max power and drag racing.
When will you guys get a clue. It's an off-the-shelf stock crate engine. I never modified it for more than it's rated power. It is basically a "stock" engine from GM. It was built on an assembly line with a bunch of like engines and stuck on a shelf. It is not a hand built, flow matched, dyno'd engine. While it is CLEARLY obvious that the engine does make about it's rated power, (as noted by a dyno and 1/4 mile times.) I never claimed my car to be the "fastest Fiero". Yes, There are other Fiero's like Matt's and FieroX's running faster, with more power on a smaller engine, but none of those engines are stock off of GM's shelf. They are modified for their owners purpose. Show me one other Fiero with a unmodifed off the shelf engine of smaller displacement running 12 seconds. There are none. But I know of at least three ZZ4 powered Fiero's and all three have posted actual timeslips showing 12 second runs.

12 seconds may be considered slow with respect to building a drag race car, But to take a 20+ year old car and drop in a basically stock crate engine and run in the 12's, seems to be impressive to many other car enthusiasts. Many are impressed when a stock 3800SC is dropped into a Fiero and it runs mid/low 13's. Most folks who do a V-8 swap tend to drop in an off-the-shelf engine. Those that do actually build and modify the engine have dyno's or 1/4 mile times that show what power is attainable. Tina added nitrous to a 383 and is running in the mid 11's, The main page has an article of a guy who modified his V-8 and dyno'd 508 rwhp.

Why do you keep comparing a basically stock V-8 to a modified engine?

That what makes Shaunna so pathetic. He bags on any Fiero with a SBC V-8 without any regard for facts. While there are some who may brag about the power their engine makes without ever going to a dyno or a track, (which is done by many on any car forum) To blanketly bag on all V-8 Fiero's does nothing but shows a complete lack of common sense and intelligence. Not to mention most of these comments are from a guy who hasn't run his own car down a 1/4 mile in over 10 years, Blew up his first 3.4 turbo in less than a year, Has not run on a dyno, and yet "claims" to blow away 400+ hp cars in "rolling races".

Details? You stated "poor quality of work". Poor workmanship would mean that the vehicle would breakdown or some part of the kit would fail. If you are talking about details then that would mean appearence. Which would be the owners responsibility to make it look pretty. So which is it that concerns you actual workmanship or how it looks?

The quality of the products appear to be fine since his kit has been around since the 80's. Out of all of the kits that I have seen installed into Fiero's I have never seen or heard of a kit breaking. If you know of a kit that has failed due to poor workmanship, By all means post your source.

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

One 12 second run in 3 years really isnt saying much. I can say that your car does put down the HP but until it has some miles on it, its just another Sunday driven SBC Fiero.

What????? One run in 3 years?? Guess you have not been paying attention. My car has seen at least 12 runs on a drag strip and over 90 laps on a few different road courses. Which I am sure has seen more stress than driving it to and from work (which I do happen to enjoy doing in the summer). It's not a "Sunday" car, It's a "Summer" car. Please verify your facts before making unfounded comments.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 03-14-2008).]

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't build it to run 12s. I don't have a shop budget so I had to just tweak it to where it is for now. I drive it daily, to and from class, I'm a full time student who lives on campus and has a great life. There is more to myself than sinking money into this car.

The point is that Archie is getting paid thousands of dollars to put built up engines into cars and they can't run 12s, let alone do so on a daily driver and get as good as gas mileage I do. When these crate motors are putting down in the 200s to the wheel, there is certainly a problem.

For what its worth, I will be MUCH faster than 12s this summer, because yes, 12 seconds is slow and I can hardly stand driving this pig. The 3800 part is right but you were missing the T70 extension.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock