Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  archie is gettin bashed on streetfire? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
archie is gettin bashed on streetfire? by kyp
Started on: 03-13-2008 03:51 PM
Replies: 523 (11893 views)
Last post by: AutoTech on 04-29-2008 02:21 AM
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroJimmy:

I'm not very impressed with the numbers that I've seen from most, if not all, SBC Fieros. Where the fault lies, I don't know. I'm sure the SBC Fieros are plenty fast (and fun to drive), but there is a lot of room for improvement (from what I've seen).

Yup http://members.shaw.ca/calg...OWNLOADS/fastRUN.MPG

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003/2004 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner

IP: Logged
crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There you go, a 383 stroker with nitrous and an auto runs 11.5 @ 120mph.

How did a TPI run the same times as Troy's highly modified 383 on nitrous?
typhoon

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crzyone:
If his setup has changed then geat. Thats why I asked what he is running. According to his website it looks like a TPI.

Try looking at his profile, his webpage is RIGHT THERE. Not like I had to go looking for it. On his page is a stock looking TPI. And by ctock looking I mean the intake runners are from a stock TPI. Fairly impossible to support a 120mph low 11 second car.

I like fast cars regardless of what engine is used.

Low 11s and 120mph is a seriously fast car, and with that 60' it looks like drag radials. What transmission is being used?

The year 2004. The car, Fiero GT. The motor, 383 small block with Edlebrock intake and carb, headers. Probably well over 400 hp. The Transmission lasted only a few runs. Fast forward to 2006, different motor, TPI intake. The timeslip is true.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here you go....
I am working on the same setup in my Fiero.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

you want to play ?????
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is meaningless until its actually in the Fiero though..
animal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for animalSend a Private Message to animalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You know, I've let this go over and over, and I'm personally getting pretty sick of it. Archie, just how many Fiero owners do you think have $5k laying around to bet? Not that many, I'd imagine. It's real easy to buy your way out of a challenge when you know you've got more liquid assets than most people here.

If everyone really wants to put this debate to bed (rather than continue this particular pissing contest), why not make it $250 and a public acknowledgment of the other guy's engine's superiority?

I'm not very impressed with the numbers that I've seen from most, if not all, SBC Fieros. Where the fault lies, I don't know. I'm sure the SBC Fieros are plenty fast (and fun to drive), but there is a lot of room for improvement (from what I've seen).

I've pretty much had it with this crap. Shaunbag took unauthorized video of me (and others) at the dyno last year and put it on the web without my permission. Since that time, he has harassed me with unsolicited personal emails that I have found offensive. I doubt that most of us do SBC Fieros (or any other engine swap) to go drag racing, I know I didn't. Mine is set up for RFTH and just having a car thats reliable and fun to drive around town. I for one did absolutely nothing to prep/tune my car for the dyno last year and I did absolutely nothing to dial it in while there. I do have NOS up to 150hp, it is fully functional, I have used it, and won't do it again without a subframe and a roll cage installed. What Shaun has done this past year is invade my privacy - it's like he broke into my home or keyed my car - I think he' s a very sick individual. I consider him a personal threat. I have owned an 88 stock 2.8L Fiero GT, 88 3800 Series II Fiero GT, a 4.9L 88 Fiero GT, and my current 87 SBC Fiero GT. I have helped build and I have driven 3800 SC Fieros. I loved every single one of them and did not go quarter mile racing with any of them. My personal favorite is the SBC because of a) the sound b) all the available aftermarket stuff for it, c) the wild ride from 0-60 when I dump the clutch, and d) the reaction it gets from other car guys when they see the engine or hear it run. My seat of the pants meter tells me the SC and the SBC were the quickest with the SC probably quicker in the mid range and the SBC with more power up top. Again, I think the SC and the SBC have the edge with the 4.9 right on their tail for 0-60 runs. Relatively speaking my 4.9 didn't have the power of those two, but it was certainly quicker than a 5.0 Mustang and definitely great around town, however my 4.9 was shifted by a 4T60 and probably not as quick as a 5 spd version. All that said, what is the all the macho saber rattling BS about quarter mile times anyway? How many of us grownups really care? There are numerous different SBCs wiith hp ratings that go from near 200hp to near 600 hp. What you have is a function of $ and time. There are also lots of options with the 3.8 (circa the Buick Grand National). I have to believe most of us that own Fieros are car guys and for the most part, level-headed normal adults. So its fun to talk about cars and maybe even go to the track to prove a point. But, and this is a big but (no pun intended), this Shaunbag business has gone too far. Its not friendly, its not nice, IMHO Shaunbag is jealous of other Fiero people, deceitful, he twists the truth, and he's is a troll who probably gets his rocks off when these threads get going on any forum or web page and even more so when they turn nasty and people start getting upset - thats the kind of guy I think he is. However, I will have to disagree with Archie here and say that Shaunbag will not destroy the Daytona show because we won't let a creep like him have a negative impact on what we do or how we do it - and we have nothing we need to prove other than who's the Go-Kart King or Queen. Shaunbag's and his friends' issues are too petty to cause us to stop having fun with good Fiero people or to engage in anything as stupid as street racing. Hope to see lots of you (with one exception) at Daytona next week.

------------------

87 GT, SBC, 5 Spd
Melbourne, FL

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the cradle,f40 6 speed trans and the long block is at the machine shop getting done.
it will not be quite this radical but I am shooting for 1000 hp twin turbo Ls6
the motor is being built by the same company as my friends corvette.
the f40 trans has been taken apart and redone with cryo hardened parts and much more.
it will be done by the end of the year.
I will keep you posted and also provide a dyno sheet and 1/4 m. time
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crzyone:
There you go, a 383 stroker with nitrous and an auto runs 11.5 @ 120mph.

How did a TPI run the same times as Troy's highly modified 383 on nitrous?

because there are no other variables. every car, track, transmission, driver, weather, tire and everything else is identical, except for the motor......

anyways - open invite for the 25th at Milan Dragway - wednesday, july 23, gates open @ 4pm, come show us how its supposed to be done. several V8's of SBC & 4.9 variety will be there for you to dominate upon. I will be there with my lowly 60dV6. if we are lucky, there will be some 3800SC & 3.4TDC Turbo's.
crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by typhoon:

The year 2004. The car, Fiero GT. The motor, 383 small block with Edlebrock intake and carb, headers. Probably well over 400 hp. The Transmission lasted only a few runs. Fast forward to 2006, different motor, TPI intake. The timeslip is true.

So the slip is from when you had a 383 with a carb? 400hp seems reasonable if the motor is built right. A 383 TPI won't have the intake capacity to run as fast in the 1/4, but would be nicer to drive. With the 60' you were pulling I have no doubt the transmission didn't last long. That is a hard launch.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Here you go....
I am working on the same setup in my Fiero.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

you want to play ?????

I hope this is a joke, cause there is no transverse Transmission that will stand up to that.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no joke I am using a f40 6 speed trans that has been taken completely apart and re done using
cyro hardened parts and other one off parts.
I have a lot of time and money invested in this project so it will hold together.
I will start posting the details in the fall when the motor comes back from the shop and is ready to go in the car.
I am sure stuff will brake but I am doing everything I can to make every part as strong as it can be.
A lot of what I am using in the car are one off pieces.
Over the top ? Yes but I dont have any other vice's
PFF
System Bot
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You know, I've let this go over and over, and I'm personally getting pretty sick of it. Archie, just how many Fiero owners do you think have $5k laying around to bet? Not that many, I'd imagine. It's real easy to buy your way out of a challenge when you know you've got more liquid assets than most people here.

...hmmm...that is why it's called "put up or shut up" - if you KNOW your car can beat the other, then you are risking NOTHING. If you are scared to lose the money, then you have doubts that you can win and are admitting that the other car is could actually be faster.

Obvious, you have no experience here, any engine can be built up to produce way more than it puts out in stock trim, be it a SBC or a 6 cylinder, etc. If not, the Lingenfelters, the Shelbys, the Elderbroks, etc would be out of a job. Could it be that some people are happy with the stock hp when they install it?

Remember if it is "all about the 1/4 mile time" - I have yet to see a V6 power car break the 4.5sec mark in the 1/4 mile.

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 03-14-2008).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am building this car for my injoyment only.
I know when I post this stuff that people will talk trash but that is the way it is but I will keep posting.
just like Archie provides people with a service just like anyone he can not make everyone happy.
but he does the best he can and he should not be downed for that.
Archie has been an insperation to A lot of Fiero owners if they like him or not he has given all of us some insperation
to do things to our cars or have them done.
I say great work and keep it up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Internet stalking is a crime.
http://www.wiredsafety.org/...assment/stalker.html

I like this !
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I say, to each his own, and I get two negs. Jesus H. Christ. This is why I kept my swap offline. Internet stalking goes both ways, Shaun may be an instigator but sooooooo many people walked right into the trap and made themselves look stupid as well. Like I said I highly doubt shaun is affecting archies business, if you really want to be all high and mighty be the bigger man and stop responding (open note to all V8 guys) but no, you just fire back, shaun fires back, its a vicious cycle, but you are all the engineers of your own destructions.
Ales

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlesSend a Private Message to AlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have a lot of time and money invested in this project so it will hold together.

And if your F40 tranny don't hold together, you can always go for this one :

http://www.gforcetransmissions.com/tran_gt-50.asp

P.S. This tranny its capable of withstand up to 1100 HP, and you can do sequential shifting and/or air shifting with it...

Good Luck ...

Xanth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have the cradle,f40 6 speed trans and the long block is at the machine shop getting done.
it will not be quite this radical but I am shooting for 1000 hp twin turbo Ls6
the motor is being built by the same company as my friends corvette.
the f40 trans has been taken apart and redone with cryo hardened parts and much more.
it will be done by the end of the year.
I will keep you posted and also provide a dyno sheet and 1/4 m. time

Holy crap, I thought you were making fun. Is this going to be streetable or track-only?
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

Jesus people get lives, its the internet, why are we taking life so seriously.

This is it, everytime some jerk gets called for something stupid he said or did on the Internet, he says "Oh, it's just the Internet who cares"

YOU SHOULD CARE !!!!!!!.

Every embarrassing, stupid or wrong thing you post, say or do on the Internet is going to be there for your grandchildren to find 5 years from now or 50 years from now. You could grab a can of spray paint & paint your thoughts on a bridge overpass. A few days later, you may realize how embarrassing, stupid or wrong your words look on that bridge. But someday, a highway worker will come along and remove your words & all record of your stupid comments would be gone. But the Internet is here forever, you can edit your embarrassing, stupid or wrong post but you can never be sure that there isn't a copy someplace that your grandchildren aren't going to come across someday. "Grandpapa used to be into something called the Fiero. Let's search the Internet to see what a Fiero was & maybe we can even find some of his postings on that subject." Now how would you like them finding some of the embarrassing or stupid things you said on one of these Fiero Forums. Maybe they'll even find this thread & see you getting your butt chewed out today & how wrong you were thinking that the Internet wasn't permanent record of your deeds both good & bad.

I don't watch American Idol, but my wife does. A couple of weeks ago a good looking great young singer, who made himself out to be Mr. Goodie Two Shoes & could very well could have been the winner got voted out the week after a video of his offensive words & actions was found on MySpace or U-Tube or some such website. Not only is he embarrased all to heck in front of his family & friends but he lost out on the chance of a lifetime. What's he going to tell his grandkids 20 years from now when they find it on the Internet.

Yep, it's only the Internet.

I'd love to be there when Shaunbag has to answer to his grandkids or co-workers.

Archie
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Animal, when you are in a public place anyone can photograph or take videos of you, it's not illegal. If you didn't want Shaun taking a video of your dyno run you could have asked him to leave the premises, but I don't know if you had the authority to do so. You could have asked the owner of the dyno to ask him to leave or to not allow video taping, if you felt your privacy was being invaded. I doubt this would have happen if they are friends with Shaun or weren't in the mood to accomodate you. The bottom line is now you (and anyone who watches the video) know what your car is putting out at the wheels.
You can improve upon these numbers if you want to or live with them. This should only matter to you. There is no need to get upset because someone else makes fun of your numbers. What matters is that you are happy with them and enjoy your car as is. Not everyone would be happy with a car that makes 300 HP or more at the wheels, like most people seem to be pointing to as their goal. That is when a car starts to become a handful and isn't as enjoyable or reliable to drive. There are a lot of haters out there. Most are haters because they are jealous that they don't have what you have. Enjoy what you have and don't worry about the peanut gallery.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 03-14-2008).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
I'd love to be there when Shaunbag has to answer to his grandkids or co-workers.

Archie

This would require him to get either a girl or a job.
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ales:

And if your F40 tranny don't hold together, you can always go for this one :

http://www.gforcetransmissions.com/tran_gt-50.asp

P.S. This tranny its capable of withstand up to 1100 HP, and you can do sequential shifting and/or air shifting with it...

Thanks for the info on the trans. I like it I wish I would have seen it before I put like 5k into the F40 trans
but it has a custom case and they tell me it should handle 1100 - 1200 hp.
and yes it will be on the street ! no Joke.

Good Luck ...

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
archie has a business, and his livelihood depends on his reputation in the fiero community.
he can stay above the fray and ignore his critics, or he can respond in kind and get dirty with them. i'm sure the best approach is somewhere in between, but it's hard to judge exactly where that point is after they've been jabbing at you for a while.

it's obvious from what ive seen on rft that shaun is obsessed with his little "crusade".
kyp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kypSend a Private Message to kypEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well im sorry for starting this thread i did not mean to start a flame war. at the 25th show ill race archie if my car is running. not for money but just for fun. thats right im callin you out are you gunna put up or shut up. lol im just pokin fun but i really will take archies fastes car cuz i wanna see where mine stacks up in the ranking. and typhoon thats a fast car good work.
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

This is it, everytime some jerk gets called for something stupid he said or did on the Internet, he says "Oh, it's just the Internet who cares"

Archie

What the hell dude, I was trying to be on your side and diffuse the situation. Stop attacking everyone, I am not out to get you. I just didn't want to see another pissing match go to the trash can.
Xanth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol, you're leaving yourself a nice trail on the internet as well Archie.

I would like to see a race, don't see why there needs to be any money or anything else involved.

What's wrong with just racing to see who wins? Such a simple argument that can be easily resolved. I would like to see a 3800SC Vs a V8. Don't even care who's cars, just interesting to see.

It would be nice to see a V8 doing something other than just idling.
The_Stickman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think this thread shows one thing. We all have Fiero's. BUT we all like to have them OUR way. And that bashing someone else and their car(s) because it's not what we want is just wrong. It's not about the numbers, although they are nice for bragging rights. I don't think there is anyone that simply builds a car just to have the fastest one out there. We build them to enjoy them and drive them. So the next time someone says "I want to do this" either lend advice(not by telling them to do something other than what they want) or don't say anything. The diversity of engines that the Fiero can take is one of the things that make it so special. We are very lucky in that respect.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xanth:
I would like to see a race, don't see why there needs to be any money or anything else involved.

Except egos!

We might have to call in a couple semis!

But then they'll be arguing over whose semi is bigger! You just can't win!

Xanth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

Except egos!

We might have to call in a couple semis!

But then they'll be arguing over whose semi is bigger! You just can't win!

lol

They'll argue over whose semi is bigger, but both sides will refuse to measure them
animal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for animalSend a Private Message to animalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

So I say, to each his own, and I get two negs. Jesus H. Christ. This is why I kept my swap offline. Internet stalking goes both ways, Shaun may be an instigator but sooooooo many people walked right into the trap and made themselves look stupid as well. Like I said I highly doubt shaun is affecting archies business, if you really want to be all high and mighty be the bigger man and stop responding (open note to all V8 guys) but no, you just fire back, shaun fires back, its a vicious cycle, but you are all the engineers of your own destructions.

Can you effing read?????????????????????
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What's wrong with just racing to see who wins? Such a simple argument that can be easily resolved.

That's a great idea. Except for a bit of a problem.
Between a couple friends or rivals, if they want to race and see who wins, it's all good. But when you're someone like Archie who does this for a living it's not about 2 people comparing cars - it becomes about any car Archie's ever built and everyone who's ever thought they were faster than any of Archie's cars.

If you've read this forum for any length of time, you've seen dozens of people talk trash about Archie. What should he do, take his time and money and go race everyone that walks up? It would be an endless line of people who want to prove themselves. Should he race anyone with a Fiero who thinks they're faster than him? What's in it for him? Seems to me it's a lose-lose scenario. If he wins, people will say a V8 should be faster, so he's not gained anything. If he loses, people rag about how slow his car is. Regardless he's out the time and money for the race.

People like Shaunbag and his nutswingers have a problem with Archie and anyone who has a V8 swap. Should every V8 owner be willing to race any challenger at any time just to settle an argument that the V8 owner doesn't even care about in the first place?

I had this same problem back in the day when I had my '87 Grand National. It was touted as the fastest American production car for that year, and every punk under the sun tried to race me all the time to prove he was faster - because the GN was the big gun in town. Old Camaros, Mustangs, Chevelles, every 5-oh Mustang on the planet, not to mention an endless supply of ricer Hondas with fart cans - they all tried to race me whenever we got caught at a stop light, because the GN was supposed to be fast and they wanted to prove they were faster. I didn't care how fast their car was, and I damn sure didn't feel like proving my car was faster (or not) at every freaking stop light.

If you want to prove something, bring something to the table to make it worthwhile for all parties involved.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 03-14-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Funny how your alter ego only appears in flame wars tom, can you effing read the PFF rules about one user name?
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mr.PBody

3172 posts
Member since Oct 2006

Originally posted by The_Stickman2:

I think this thread shows one thing. We all have Fiero's. BUT we all like to have them OUR way. And that bashing someone else and their car(s) because it's not what we want is just wrong. It's not about the numbers, although they are nice for bragging rights. I don't think there is anyone that simply builds a car just to have the fastest one out there. We build them to enjoy them and drive them. So the next time someone says "I want to do this" either lend advice(not by telling them to do something other than what they want) or don't say anything. The diversity of engines that the Fiero can take is one of the things that make it so special. We are very lucky in that respect.

THANK YOU!
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

lol, you're leaving yourself a nice trail on the internet as well Archie.

What's wrong with just racing to see who wins? Such a simple argument that can be easily resolved. I would like to see a 3800SC Vs a V8. Don't even care who's cars, just interesting to see.

It would be nice to see a V8 doing something other than just idling.

Why are you blaming Archie for the "race for money"?? darkhorizon is the one who stated he would race for "money/pinks", Archie just stated $5k to see how serious dh was.
Obviously the original challenge was only to stir the pot and dh had no real intention of going thru with it. There was no "argument" just someone making a challenge that was actually a bluff and someone called his bluff.

animal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for animalSend a Private Message to animalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

Animal, when you are in a public place anyone can photograph or take videos of you, it's not illegal. If you didn't want Shaun taking a video of your dyno run you could have asked him to leave the premises, but I don't know if you had the authority to do so. You could have asked the owner of the dyno to ask him to leave or to not allow video taping, if you felt your privacy was being invaded. I doubt this would have happen if they are friends with Shaun or weren't in the mood to accomodate you. The bottom line is now you (and anyone who watches the video) know what your car is putting out at the wheels.
You can improve upon these numbers if you want to or live with them. This should only matter to you. There is no need to get upset because someone else makes fun of your numbers. What matters is that you are happy with them and enjoy your car as is. Not everyone would be happy with a car that makes 300 HP or more at the wheels, like most people seem to be pointing to as their goal. That is when a car starts to become a handful and isn't as enjoyable or reliable to drive. There are a lot of haters out there. Most are haters because they are jealous that they don't have what you have. Enjoy what you have and don't worry about the peanut gallery

I don't know why you people can't seem to read. I did not know Shaunbag was taking video. Ask the networks what the financial and/or legal liablilty is on broadcasting video without permission or at least intentionally misrepresenting the facts. I still don't know who Shaun is. I have never met him or if I did he did not make himself known to me. I would not know him if I were sitting next to him and I don't care to know him. I am not at all upset about the dyno numbers because I didn't give a Shi$$ in the first place and did absolutely nothing to get ready - no timing changes, no advance curve optimization (and I have an MSD digital distributor so that would have been easy) - again can't you people read or is it a comprehension problem. I also own a C6 that makes over 350 hp at the rear wheels and I certainly don't consider it a "handful" to drive - its fun. Once again, I personally feel like Shaunbag has invaded my privacy and he turned something that was supposed to be a fun car guy day into an ugly competition it was not. I spent the majority of my time trying to help and accomodate the kid with the 3800 turbo trying to stop leaks long enough so he could get it on the dyno, then the kid stiffed us for the dyno fee. this is not a simple argument among friends - Shaunbag haas an ageenda and I personally consider Shaunbag a wacko and a potential physical threat - what part of that don't you understand?

Xanth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

Why are you blaming Archie for the "race for money"?? darkhorizon is the one who stated he would race for "money/pinks", Archie just stated $5k to see how serious dh was.
Obviously the original challenge was only to stir the pot and dh had no real intention of going thru with it. There was no "argument" just someone making a challenge that was actually a bluff and someone called his bluff.

I don't care who races, or who challenged who. I don't think either side is really serious. What I'm saying is I would like to see a V8 race a 3800SC, without any stakes involved.

These same BS arguments keep wasting space here, but no one on either side has any real results to post, but both sides defend their lack of results with pointless ferocity. Many times, V8 owners will give the "i didn't build the car to go fast" statement, but then furiously argue that the V8 will beat a 3800sc.

I myself would like to Turbo my 2.8, because thats what I want to do. I also have no false hopes of it being faster than a V8 or 3800SC, and as such wouldn't defend it as being so. I am not for or against either side, because both are full of BS when it comes to hacking each other up over engine swaps. If you care if the car is faster, than just race or dyno the damn thing. If not, then don't worry about it and just enjoy what you've built.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Many times, V8 owners will give the "i didn't build the car to go fast" statement, but then furiously argue that the V8 will beat a 3800sc.

Please cite an example.

If you care if the car is faster, than just race or dyno the damn thing. If not, then don't worry about it and just enjoy what you've built.

Good advice, except for the person who doesn't care if their car is faster and a bunch of nutswinger keep harassing them to race. Saying you're not interested doesn't end the BS - it only feeds the fire and they keep ragging and complaing and harassing.

Do you actually think if any V8 owner says "I didn't build my car to drag race." that the nutswingers would stop ragging and harassing them? History says they wouldn't.
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Do you actually think if any V8 owner says "I didn't build my car to drag race." that the nutswingers would stop ragging and harassing them? History says they wouldn't.

Example cited.
kyp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kypSend a Private Message to kypEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't care who races, or who challenged who. I don't think either side is really serious. What I'm saying is I would like to see a V8 race a 3800SC, without any stakes involved.

These same BS arguments keep wasting space here, but no one on either side has any real results to post, but both sides defend their lack of results with pointless ferocity. Many times, V8 owners will give the "i didn't build the car to go fast" statement, but then furiously argue that the V8 will beat a 3800sc.

I myself would like to Turbo my 2.8, because thats what I want to do. I also have no false hopes of it being faster than a V8 or 3800SC, and as such wouldn't defend it as being so. I am not for or against either side, because both are full of BS when it comes to hacking each other up over engine swaps. If you care if the car is faster, than just race or dyno the damn thing. If not, then don't worry about it and just enjoy what you've built.

well lets take the fastest v8 here and match it up with the fastest 3800sc and see who wins. im throwing my name in the hat for 3800's it isnt finished yet but when it is ill run it im building it to race it. so i think it would only be fair to race a v8 thats built to race not to dd. im not trying to flame here i just wanna see a race just for the fun of it, doesnt have to be an archie car just a v8.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shaunbag was posting on all of the vid's of my car on YouTube, At first I let the little nut sack pis me off but then I would chalk it off to immaturity and ignorance. So when he or his crew start sh*t I just think of this:
http://www.ladyofthecake.co...k/sounds/bastard.wav
and laugh it off
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock