Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  archie is gettin bashed on streetfire? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
archie is gettin bashed on streetfire? by kyp
Started on: 03-13-2008 03:51 PM
Replies: 523 (11892 views)
Last post by: AutoTech on 04-29-2008 02:21 AM
kyp

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kypSend a Private Message to kypEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
has anyone looked at the fiero vids on streetfire? there are a number of them that are bashing archie, it kinda pisses me off i think that we should go and stick up for him.

http://videos.streetfire.ne...ctor-Clet_119731.htm

there are alot more than just this one, i have mad respect for archie i think he does amaizing work so dont think im bashing him at all.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just ignore them. None have raced one, prob never even seen one. Ricer wanna bees are the worse group of car enthusiasts there is. I dont give them any respect. This guy in his super duper souped up tiberon raced me once in my Magnum Station wagon and I blew him off the road the second I hit the gas.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Shaun posted that video. He also has it over on RFT. It certainly is a poor showing of performance for that V8, if those numbers are accurate.
kyp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kypSend a Private Message to kypEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i definitely agree with the ricer comment thats all there is around where i live and i just cant wait till the fiero is up and running and i can wipe thos cocky grins off their faces. but i think its retarted that they are bashing him so much, plus a sbc has more potencial than any ricer in the world minus the 2jz and rb26dett.
wiccantoy

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rotflmao . yeah thats shaun . boy has alot of time on his hands. just let it go

------------------

DONE: 86gt 5 speed 4.9 complete rebuild with buds outback northstar pistons , delta cams E303 cam , full ported , polished , stronger head springs, and flow tested heads and manifolds. rockcrawl's custom chip , polished crank . too much to list

86 gt 350 4 speed
85 t-top BEING PARTED
86gt 4.9 highly modified
86 and 87 fiero database www.geocities.com/cwandall/fiero.html

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shaun really needs to get a life...devoting his pitiful life to stalking Archie isn't what I would call a life.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That was from the Daytona Dyno last year.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/064529.html

Shaunna likes to make this little video's because he seeks and needs attention. I think he has a mental disorder because his obsession has been going on for many years now. If you look at any V-8 Fiero video on Youtube or Streetfire you'll see he always leaves negative comments on all of them.

Just ignore them and his comments.
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

That was from the Daytona Dyno last year.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/064529.html

Shaunna likes to make this little video's because he seeks and needs attention. I think he has a mental disorder because his obsession has been going on for many years now. If you look at any V-8 Fiero video on Youtube or Streetfire you'll see he always leaves negative comments on all of them.

Just ignore them and his comments.

Yeah, it really getting old and I doubt that Archie is loosing any sleep over it.
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Just ignore them. None have raced one, prob never even seen one. Ricer wanna bees are the worse group of car enthusiasts there is. I dont give them any respect. This guy in his super duper souped up tiberon raced me once in my Magnum Station wagon and I blew him off the road the second I hit the gas.

I wouldnt say that, most of the RFT guys have beat up on SBC fieros at one time or another. It doesnt take much to beat mid 13 second cars.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

I wouldnt say that, most of the RFT guys have beat up on SBC fieros at one time or another. It doesnt take much to beat mid 13 second cars.

Well big shot, it takes more than what you've got to offer.....

I am waiting for the manual v8 guys to accept my challenge, I will race for whatever, money/pinks, heads up best of 5 races pinks style anywhere in the midwest.

Originally posted by Archie:
I never saw that challenge before, but you're on.
We will be racing for $5000.00 cash, just like on Pinks. (bring cash or Money Order)
We will be racing at Great Lakes Dragaway.
We can run in late April or early May whatever day you can make it into town.
Bring proof that the car you are racing belongs to you.
Put up or shut up.

Archie

On the otherhand, knowing I will take crap for this, but I am not going to call archies bluff here, as I dont have 5000 to risk, nor do I want to take my car into the drag racing direction at the moment. i like driving it around town, and the fact I have already gotten back what I invested in it.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So are you saying that all SBC fieros are 13 second cars and that most RTF guys cars are under 13 sec.??

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 03-13-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
typhoon

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

On the otherhand, knowing I will take crap for this, but I am not going to call archies bluff here, as I dont have 5000 to risk, nor do I want to take my car into the drag racing direction at the moment. i like driving it around town, and the fact I have already gotten back what I invested in it.:

Now, turn up the volume real loud and click here: http://www.barbneal.com/wav/uncat/chicken.wav
FieroJimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

You know, I've let this go over and over, and I'm personally getting pretty sick of it. Archie, just how many Fiero owners do you think have $5k laying around to bet? Not that many, I'd imagine. It's real easy to buy your way out of a challenge when you know you've got more liquid assets than most people here.

If everyone really wants to put this debate to bed (rather than continue this particular pissing contest), why not make it $250 and a public acknowledgment of the other guy's engine's superiority?

I'm not very impressed with the numbers that I've seen from most, if not all, SBC Fieros. Where the fault lies, I don't know. I'm sure the SBC Fieros are plenty fast (and fun to drive), but there is a lot of room for improvement (from what I've seen).

[This message has been edited by FieroJimmy (edited 03-13-2008).]

typhoon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
image removed to prevent a barage of explicit emails from shaun-a$$-bag

[This message has been edited by typhoon (edited 03-14-2008).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am waiting for the manual v8 guys to accept my challenge, I will race for whatever, money/pinks, heads up best of 5 races pinks style anywhere in the midwest.

I never saw that challenge before, but you're on.
We will be racing for $5000.00 cash, just like on Pinks. (bring cash or Money Order)
We will be racing at Great Lakes Dragaway.
We can run in late April or early May whatever day you can make it into town.
Bring proof that the car you are racing belongs to you.
Put up or shut up.

Archie

On the otherhand, knowing I will take crap for this, but I am not going to call archies bluff here, as I dont have 5000 to risk, nor do I want to take my car into the drag racing direction at the moment. i like driving it around town, and the fact I have already gotten back what I invested in it.

Archie

You know I don't know why you even entertain these idiots with any response at all but if your going to acknowledge their existence why not just let the broke ass braggers put up their car in lieu of the money. Wipe their ass up and take their car..

Then you could mount it up on a pole above your shop like Romans did to the heads of their enemies.
FieroBobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

Archie

You know I don't know why you even entertain these idiots with any response at all but if your going to acknowledge their existence why not just let the broke ass braggers put up their car in lieu of the money. Wipe their ass up and take their car..

Then you could mount it up on a pole above your shop like Romans did to the heads of their enemies.

That would be the ultimate "Put Up or Shut Up" move.

(Too bad they probably won't Put Up, or Shut Up.)

I for one am getting tired of the petty bickering.

[This message has been edited by FieroBobo (edited 03-18-2008).]

indyguy

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for indyguySend a Private Message to indyguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just a thought why not contact pinks and see if they will let you guys settle this on the track if ya got the gonads to talk then back it up on the track all talk and no action! my money would be on archie if i wasn't broke lol!
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroJimmy:

You know, I've let this go over and over, and I'm personally getting pretty sick of it. Archie, just how many Fiero owners do you think have $5k laying around to bet? Not that many, I'd imagine. It's real easy to buy your way out of a challenge when you know you've got more liquid assets than most people here.

Then perhaps a broke ass punk shouldn't make a challenge he can't keep?

Maybe he should have said, "Hey, I'm a broke ass punk and I've got $10 that says my POS can beat any V8 Fiero."

Maybe that's what he should have said - but he didn't. His mouth has a long history of writing checks neither he nor his car can cash.
Personally, I think he should be reminded of it every time he posts.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by indyguy:
just a thought why not contact pinks and see if they will let you guys settle this on the track

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

I'd pay at least $1.39 to see that race. Maybe more, I'm still looking for change.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's immature **** talking (among some stuff that is valid) that goes on constantly on both sides of this argument.

------------------

My Build Thread

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If everyone really wants to put this debate to bed (rather than continue this particular pissing contest), why not make it $250 and a public acknowledgment of the other guy's engine's superiority?

I'm not very impressed with the numbers that I've seen from most, if not all, SBC Fieros. Where the fault lies, I don't know. I'm sure the SBC Fieros are plenty fast (and fun to drive), but there is a lot of room for improvement (from what I've seen).

You know, you better get used to it or stay away from these kinds of threads. DH says in one thread that he's not into drag racing & then in the next post says he lives a 1/4 mile at a time. He can't even keep his own story straight. He has been bashing for several months, throwing in a jab every chance he gets. For the most part, I've ignored him but just like Shaunbag DH never gives up. He couldn't care if he's right or wrong, it's the jab that he lives for. Just like Shaunbag, he can't keep his story straight from one post to the next & no one asks him for proof of any of his statements. When Shaunbag was on this Forum he was just like DH. He went from thread to thread throwing insults around to start flame wars so the threads would go down in flames. If you have any doubts about that, just go to the trashcan & start reading just about any thread in there that's over 3 years old. So, just like Shaunbag was getting when he was here, Everytime DH posts the hate, he's gonna get it back in kind.

As far as Shaunbag is concerned, it couldn't matter if I ignore him or not. He's been posting his hate on the Forums for several years. Before that he was just EMailing his BS directly to me. There are at least 20 popular members on this Forum, both customers & non customers of mine, who have received hateful, cussing sometimes even racist emails from this punk. He sends these messages to members all over the country, Cliff has even rec'd. some. He's even putting the hate on a few people who live real close to him, that aren't even customers of mine. How can he not think that someone might just drive 20 miles to slap him up the side of the head, like his parents should have done.

The funniest thing of all is that there are a few members here who pretend to be some of us then turn around & post hate on RFT in support of Shaunbag. Those people don't even know him, they have no freaking clue what this dic head is really like. He's never posted his own dyno slips, or Time slips, never video taped his own car on a Dyno or drag strip. Yet, he demands that everyone else does it.

You see he doesn't care if he's right or wrong or if his BS can be backed up with proof. He's not about proof, he's not about facts, it's all in the bashing, it's all in the hate.

You see, I could have taken a car that made 500hp to FL & Shaunbag would have still been posting his hate.

Yes, that's was my 88 car on the Dyno & Yes, I was a bit disappointed in the V-8 Fiero I took to Florida. I had the engine built by a disabled Viet Nam Veteran that I met at a Swap Meet. As it turned out, he didn't build it as good as I had thought he would. He died about a month after building the engine, so I never got a chance to confront him about the engine build. I'm not sure if I'd have confronted him even if has was still alive, I still like him & enjoyed the hours we were able to spend together.

The car only had about 100 miles on it before we left for FL & it was driven all the way down there and all the way back. On the trip down a few flaws on the engine were exposed. One, it didn't make as much power as I had asked this guy to build to so the big BG racing carb that I had bought for it turned out to be way too much carb. & fouled the plugs. Two, the roller rockers he used were used & the Locks on them kept coming loose. So once on the way down & once on the way back we had to stop & adjust them. But it still got real good mileage when it was in 6th gear.

So the car was a bit out of it on the Dyno & I'll never again pay someone to build an engine when I can buy a new crate engine & know what I'm getting. But this isn't about that car. It's about some 20something kid that's still working nights at Taco Bell & has nothing else to do but put the hate on others.

He has another video where he puts the Hate on Tom Corey with a mocking video of Tom's Dyno run. Tom never bought a thing from me, he bought the car with the engine already in it & has done a lot with it since. Tom does a lot in the Florida Fiero community & is a big part in putting together the Daytona show each year. Tom is a dear friend of mine, respected & liked by everyone in FL. Well the video wasn't enough, Shaunbag had to also send him hateful EMails. Shaunbag:, you prikk, what did this guy that's old enough to be your grandfather, do to you?
Didn't your parents teach you anything?

Shaunbag, I know you're gonna have a little pussy fit over there in your sewer. But be aware that even the few idiots that still support you, are going to wake up someday & realize what a real jerk, you really are.

KMA Shaunbag !!!

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 03-13-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a few more hp could have been squeezed out of it judging by the black smoke comming from the exhaust. Looks like it was running a little rich. Did the dyno operator offer to tweak anything or was it strictly a dyno run to see how much power it was making?
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

crzyone

3571 posts
Member since Dec 2000

Originally posted by typhoon:

Well here is my timeslip. It's from a few years back but shows what a V8 Fiero will do, 11.4@120mph. I've got $5k laying around but I wouldn't bet it.

What are you running?

You have to be a miracle worker to get a TPI sbc to run 120mph in the 1/4.
prostreet505

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prostreet505Send a Private Message to prostreet505Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not to take this thread in a different direction, but there was a comment made by DH on pages 5 & 6 in my thread that I took as a challenge. I said I would race him for the bragging rights. No money involved. I even made an offer that if something happened to his car I would tow it back to my shop and get him up and running again. He Declined!!!
He has no intention on backing up anything he says. He is just here to cause problems in my opinion.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...2/HTML/087711-6.html
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crzyone:

Looks like a few more hp could have been squeezed out of it judging by the black smoke comming from the exhaust. Looks like it was running a little rich. Did the dyno operator offer to tweak anything or was it strictly a dyno run to see how much power it was making?

The Dyno operator was Shaunbags buddy, he wasn't about helping anyone dial the cars in. The ventillation system in there sucked, you couldn't hardly breath.

The Dyno day was setup by the Daytona show people. It was supposed to be fun event to cap off the Daytona weekend. Shaunbag didn't dyno his car but the Dyno operator allowed him to walk around taking videos that would later turn that fun even into He77 for those that attended for the year since.

I know that you're one of Shaunbags nutswingers, Shaunbag posted on RFT, a few minutes ago, that someone should go after that timeslip & here you are swinging right along.

I can't go to Daytona this year because of my wifes' health. But, I'll tell you, the BS that your buddy Shaunbag is into is going to destroy that show if you don't get him under control soon.

You keep carrying his torch & you'll see.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, did anybody take pics of Shaunbag's 2.8 and what excuse(s) did he give for a "no-show" on his car?
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

So, did anybody take pics of Shaunbag's 2.8 and what excuse(s) did he give for a "no-show" on his car?

Wait a minute!!!!!!!! You tellin me he runs a 2.8?

So he has more motor in his mouth than in his car. That's funny. Pathetic but funny.

Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Arch man, chill out, RFT isn't shauns forum, he's just a frequent contributer. crzyone was talking about cars, I don't think he was attacking you. Also it doesn't say much for drama that you troll RFT waiting for yourself to come up. Who gives a **** , is shaun really affecting your business, I doubt it. The people who want V8s come to you and don't subscribe to the drama. Seriously can we get over the freaking daytona thing, first the dyno was rigged, then the car was bad, then it was rigged again, then it was air/fuel, then it was shauns jedi magic. It was a bad day, be it humidity, be it temp, whatever, the numbers were real, but thats what a dyno is for, I know archie went home and improved on the Formula, as did all the other V8 owners who dyno'ed low, thats kind of the point of dyno tuning. Seriously, lets move on. V8s are cool, just not for everyone, that streetfire video is olddddddddddd. yeah its a bashing video, but its not fake, want to prove the 'nutswingers' wrong? Go post a FieroX rivaling dyno run. Harping on the same low result videos isn't going anywhere. All this bullshit has made me not want to buy V8 parts or 3800SC parts from anyone and I am doing my swap off the forums, on my own. Jesus people get lives, its the internet, why are we taking life so seriously.

PSA:
You want a V8 buy one, you want a 3800SC buy one.

"Thou shalt keep thy engine choice to hisself"
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mr.PBody

3172 posts
Member since Oct 2006

Originally posted by madcurl:

Turbo 3.4... but close. Go on RFT, dyno charts aren't hard to find on his car. It was like 230-250hp IIRC, supposidly this spring he will be back with more.
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sig test

------------------
www.FieroDomain.com
"If any car is both the parade and the rain, it is the Fiero"

Play UnrealTournament? Join my Server:

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know that you're one of Shaunbags nutswingers, Shaunbag posted on RFT, a few minutes ago, that someone should go after that timeslip & here you are swinging right along.

I can't go to Daytona this year because of my wifes' health. But, I'll tell you, the BS that your buddy Shaunbag is into is going to destroy that show if you don't get him under control soon.

You keep carrying his torch & you'll see.

Archie

I know you are an Archie nutswinger, and you will stick up for anyone with an Archie swap but I will question anyone with a wild time slip. Getting a TPI into the low 11s and at 120mph is magical, almost too hard to believe. But he has a sbc V-8, who am I to question him right Archie?

I didn't even see what Shaun was refering to, but after seeing the time slip and going to his website to see a TPI SBC I am a bit amazed. A TPI is the 4.9 of the SBC world. Lots of torque but fall on their face at high rpm. Nittous is the only way I can see that time slip being legit.

Remember v8fiero400? Exactly. Made up time slip that was proven to be false. Hopefully I get proved wrong and its not just another bench racer with someone elses time slip.

------------------

Buy a fiero, become a mechanic
3.4 dohc Install
Sub Install
Northstar Install

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know you are an Archie nutswinger, and you will stick up for anyone with an Archie swap but I will question anyone with a wild time slip. Getting a TPI into the low 11s and at 120mph is magical, almost too hard to believe. But he has a sbc V-8, who am I to question him right Archie?

I didn't even see what Shaun was refering to, but after seeing the time slip and going to his website to see a TPI SBC I am a bit amazed. A TPI is the 4.9 of the SBC world. Lots of torque but fall on their face at high rpm. Nittous is the only way I can see that time slip being legit.

Remember v8fiero400? Exactly. Made up time slip that was proven to be false. Hopefully I get proved wrong and its not just another bench racer with someone elses time slip.

See this is funny, now your lying. You came here & questioned that time slip as a direct result of Shaunbags recommendation that you do so.

You should go back & read this thread...... No place in typhoon's post does it say that his car was TPI when it was run. And no place does he send you to his web site to view the car. SHAUNBAG said all of that on RFT just before you posted over here on the subject.

I know that guy & I know the car. I didn't put it together, it was assembled by a previous owner. But in 2006 I did help put that injection system on it.

But here you are, just like Shaunbag, putting the hate on the guy without realizing that in 4 years the configuration could change.

Kind of funny how many times in the last year you've posted a similar type of post over here right after your girl friend suggested it on RFT.

Let's see how do you say Ow3n'd?

Archie
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
let's see if i understand this process.

plan A. demand to see timeslips, then say theyre fabricated.
plan B. demand a race for titles or cash, then beg off
cant wait to see plan C.
KennyC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KennyCSend a Private Message to KennyCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

On the trip down a few flaws on the engine were exposed. One, it didn't make as much power as I had asked this guy to build to so the big BG racing carb that I had bought for it turned out to be way too much carb. & fouled the plugs. Two, the roller rockers he used were used & the Locks on them kept coming loose.

Couple things, and maybe I'll even earn a few negatives for it. Oh well. For one, far too many, typically ricers, do not understand the first thing about carbs.... including the fact that, even if a carb'd car was perfectly tuned, it is pretty much tuned for THAT elevation and temperature... it will not perform the same over a thousand miles away, far to the south, and at a lower elevation, and the differences become more pronounced with higher horsepower and performance thrown in. That is why the CCC carbs came around in the 80s, that and emissions, to build a computer into the system and the adjustment screws were sealed at the factory... the computer could, to a degree, make up for the differences although cars sold for higher elevations were not unknown to get regional tuning. Alot of younger drivers never owned/drove a carbeurated car, and certainly not one without computerized controls.

Which is not to mention winding up with a carb of too many CFM to boot... no wonder the exhaust gases were rich, fouling plugs, not burning fuel completely, and failing to make as much power as otherwise would be the case...

And second, normally, I wouldn't even post in a thread like this on a board anyways.... but, that said, where I come from if someone calls bull on a timeslip there's ONLY one way to settle it.... head to the track, and make a gentleman's wager on it to make it worthwhile. If someone wants to challange a slip, they make it worth the other party's while to go to the track.

Otherwise, IMO, all the benchracing online is about as effective as sitting at home with a laptop and vaseline instead of meeting real girls at the bar saturday night... Kind of like most of the "hotties looking to chat" are creepy old men, the internet benchracer is usually the guy with a tree growing through the hood of an old Aspen parked in the yard which hasnt ran since the disco era.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The problem is they only have a single timeslip of an SBC going mid 13's. The run was done by a person who's run was his first time running down the 1/4 mile. When you ran down the 1/4 mile your first time ever, how well did you do? Was your launch perfect? did you shift at the best shift point?

There are a few who have run in the 12's and a couple in the 11's and we have posted our timeslips. It's just somehow Shaunna seems's to ignore these.

Besides Shaunna even admits he posts things just to be a "donkey". He posted that "BMWguru's car dynoed 200rwhp", (that is how he even titled the thread.) then when Shaunna was called out for proof, He admitted it was made up and tried to pass it off as "His guess".

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

Turbo 3.4... but close. Go on RFT, dyno charts aren't hard to find on his car. It was like 230-250hp IIRC, supposidly this spring he will be back with more.

His dyno he posted showed 210 rwhp. Pretty sad for a 3.4L turbo with nitrous considering a normally aspirated 3.4L can and has gotten 200 rwhp. He then proceeded to blow that engine and now he is running another 3.4L turbo that magically is beating 400+ horsepower Mustangs. The problem is his "kill stories" on RFT don't seem to match reality. As an example he claimed to beat a 460 rwhp Mustang. The video he posted up on one of the video website (youtube or streetfire, Can't remember which one) had a comment by the Mustang driver that his car was't running right and the nitrous bottle was empty.
He said last month he was going to the dyno in a couple of weeks and yet hasn't. (or he did but is afraid to post the results) He stated before he was having too much fun doing his "rolling races" to go to the track and actually run it. He has already backed out of at least two races on a track against a V-8 powered Fiero. Then he claims he'll race any V-8 in a "rolling race" on the highway. He will most likely go to the Daytona show only to harass others as he has done in previous years.
The more he posts, the more pathetic he looks. Originally I use to think he did it for the laughs, Now it seems he just has a mental defect. He should seek professional help before it's too late.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 03-14-2008).]

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No place in typhoon's post does it say that his car was TPI when it was run. And no place does he send you to his web site to view the car.

Archie

What are you running?

You have to be a miracle worker to get a TPI sbc to run 120mph in the 1/4.

If his setup has changed then geat. Thats why I asked what he is running. According to his website it looks like a TPI.

Try looking at his profile, his webpage is RIGHT THERE. Not like I had to go looking for it. On his page is a stock looking TPI. And by ctock looking I mean the intake runners are from a stock TPI. Fairly impossible to support a 120mph low 11 second car.

I like fast cars regardless of what engine is used.

Low 11s and 120mph is a seriously fast car, and with that 60' it looks like drag radials. What transmission is being used?

[This message has been edited by crzyone (edited 03-14-2008).]

FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JUST A SUGGESTION:
I think if there were to be a race once and for all. It should be at the 25th anniversary. NO Money, No Ttitles, just 400 plus fiero owners viewing it. I think that would end it and with no excusses.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIERO JOHN-WI:

JUST A SUGGESTION:
I think if there were to be a race once and for all. It should be at the 25th anniversary. NO Money, No Ttitles, just 400 plus fiero owners viewing it. I think that would end it and with no excusses.

at the 20th, there was a dragstrip day.
we are planning a "unofficial" dragstrip day also, for the wednesday, and there will be V8's present - both SBC & 4.9
come get some.

the fastest Fiero at the 20th was of course the mighty Don Krause & his Ferrari rebody w/3800SC. and only ONE SBC Fiero ran - and ran very poorly - was carbed & way off tune - high 14.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is how it always is.
someone is good at what they do and another person wants it for themself and does everything they can to
tear them down. sometimes it works but most of the time it just makes the person look like a petty a$$.
people say girls are bad. I worked in a custom shop and the gosip that whent threw that place !!!!!
live and let die !!!!!
Curlrup

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take all of you in my tired, old, 104,000 mile, Iron Duke!! Yeah what do you guys think about that?? Scared? I thought so.

The preceeding was a joke. This was in no way a real legit challenge to anyone. .

Archie I love what you do.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock