Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  The economy, is it good or bad. (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 46 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The economy, is it good or bad. by 84fiero123
Started on: 07-27-2007 10:05 AM
Replies: 1809 (21983 views)
Last post by: Back On Holiday on 11-22-2008 07:23 AM
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 84Bill:

The thing is theres nothing to hide the money in except the coffeecan burried in the back yard.

which is why "inflation" is created - to prevent this
money: use it or lose it
IP: Logged
84Bill

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post08-15-2007 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:
which is why "inflation" is created - to prevent this
money: use it or lose it

Inflation is created by high costs and low wages, not that fact that it aint being used.. it is being used but there just isnt enough to go around.. cant buy 30 gallons of gas this week so I'll buy 15 and not go to the store, cant buy that DVD and FLAT SCREEN becasue I need to pay the increase in house insurance. Unless you are a scumbag CEO, then you have a plenty and all is fine fine fine.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:
Unless you are a scumbag CEO, then you have a plenty and all is fine fine fine.

Is *anyone* with more money than you a scumbag?
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post08-15-2007 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Only the ones who work for it. If they are on welfare and make more bill idolizes them.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Inflation is created by high costs and low wages, not that fact that it aint being used.. it is being used but there just isnt enough to go around.. cant buy 30 gallons of gas this week so I'll buy 15 and not go to the store, cant buy that DVD and FLAT SCREEN becasue I need to pay the increase in house insurance. Unless you are a scumbag CEO, then you have a plenty and all is fine fine fine.

thats more "what it is" - the "why it is" is to prevent hoarding of cash.

and - there are in fact decent stand up CEO's. more so than the "scumbags". but, like everything else - you only hear about the bad ones. you have to go and look to find the good ones. and when you do - you will be amazed how many good decent folk are out there doing the "right thing". the "news" will make anyone cynical quickly. its "news" because its the exception.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NYSE down below 13000 today. Watch out Bill, the market is crashing, no more handouts for the welfare parasites.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-15-2007 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Just CEO"s who make more money in a day than 5 of his workers do in a month.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-15-2007 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by Old Lar:

NYSE down below 13000 today. Watch out Bill, the market is crashing, no more handouts for the welfare parasites.

Actually with more losses like thus, more welfare "parasites" will be joining the ranks in a few months. The Federallies still have the printing presses at full tilt processing those checks and printing up the strong American dollar.. Doesnt apear they will interrupt my checks or anything..

BTW
Norway and Germany are the only ones posting gains.. But everything is fine... We are winning the war and the market is still making minor adjust ments..

I'm unaffected.

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 08-15-2007).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know personally I think that Stock Brokers are just one level bellow the Blood Sucking Lawyers, and one level above Realtors. They all should be sent to the bottom of the Ocean.

Someone who makes money no matter what, if you make money I can see them making money, but when you loose money why should they make money.

Ya invest in the Stock Market now, while its low, it will only go up, ya right.

http://money.excite.com/jsp...ews_id=ap-d8r1nj080&

Stocks Tumble After Fed Adds Liquidity

Wednesday August 15, 6:07 PM EDT

NEW YORK (AP) — Wall Street tumbled again Wednesday after the Federal Reserve added more cash to the banking system but failed to quash investors' jitters about problems in lending.
The market traded nervously, jerking the Dow Jones industrial average above and below the 13,000 mark throughout the day as investors wrestled with reports about potential trouble at Countrywide Financial Corp. and KKR Financial Holdings LLC.
By late in the day, investors saw little reason to buy beyond the fact that stocks are at bargain prices right now, and the Dow closed down nearly 170 points. The Standard & Poor's 500 index also dropped sharply, and is now down for the year.

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004
Ya we are in great shape.

http://money.excite.com/jsp...ews_id=ap-d8r1nm7g0&

Amgen to Cut Up to 2,600 Jobs

Wednesday August 15, 6:14 PM EDT

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Biotechnology company Amgen Inc. said Wednesday it will cut up to 14 percent of its work force and has lowered its profit guidance because of slimmer than expected sales of its anemia drug Aranesp.
The company said it plans to reduce its work force by 12 percent to 14 percent, or between 2,200 and 2,600 positions and will get hit with a restructuring charge between $600 million and $700 million.
Amgen also reduced its adjusted earnings per share guidance for the full-year to between $4.13 per share and $4.23 per share from previous guidance of $4.28 per share.
The Thousand Oaks-based company said it would also reduce capital expenditures by $1.9 billion.

http://money.excite.com/jsp...ews_id=ap-d8r1nnsg2&

Ya we are in great shape,

Macy's 2Q Profit Falls 77 Percent

Wednesday August 15, 6:17 PM EDT

CINCINNATI (AP) — Macy's Inc. said Wednesday that its second-quarter earnings fell 77 percent as it continues to be hurt by costs from its takeover of a former rival along with lower sales. It also warned that third-quarter and full-year earnings would come in below Wall Street estimates, and its stock hit a 52-week low.
Profit declined to $74 million, or 16 cents per share, for the quarter ended Aug. 4, from $317 million, or 57 cents per share. Excluding costs of $60 million, or 13 cents per share, from the acquisition of May Department Stores Co., Cincinnati-based Macy's earned 29 cents per share in the latest period, compared with 33 cents in the 2006 second quarter.

Doing just fine, ya right,

http://money.excite.com/jsp...ews_id=ap-d8r1nl6o0&

Consumer Prices Edge Up; Gas Prices Drop

Wednesday August 15, 6:12 PM EDT

WASHINGTON (AP) — Consumer prices in July edged up by the smallest amount in eight months as gasoline prices posted a big decline.
The Labor Department reported Wednesday that consumer inflation rose by a tiny 0.1 percent last month, the smallest advance since prices were flat last November. Core inflation, which excludes volatile energy and food, was also well-behaved, rising by just 0.2 percent, the same as June.
The inflation performance was in line with economists' expectations and bolstered hopes that declining inflation pressures will give the Federal Reserve room to cut interest rates if needed to deal with the recent turbulence in stock and credit markets.

I wonder just how truthful the government is being with us? Rather than cause a wholesale panic they tell us we are just fine.

------------------

aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
84fiero123,
Do you REALLY have ANY IDEA of what exactly you're posting?

The stories of Amgen Inc and Macy's. They're not posting as high of a PROFIT as they projected. They're still posting profits!

The last story was great! Consumer prices EDGED UP BY THE SMALLEST AMOUNT. Gas prices posted a BIG DECLINE. Inflation was up ONE TENTH OF A PERCENT.

Why aren't stock brokers allowed to make any money? Because they use their brain and don't use their hands to do blue collar work? Because they're white collar? Because they make white collar people lots of money? Because you have NO FRIKKEN CLUE what they really do?

All you do is post articles you get from Yahoo News waiting for someone with some knowledge to disagree with you and then you call them arrogant and scumbags.
PFF
System Bot
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-15-2007 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aceman:

Do you know what you are reading?

Sales are down... inflation is up, jobs are ending, mortgages are going bust, the WORLD market is "adjusting."

Christ.. gimme the bad news becasue all this good news is killing me.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Now if I could just delete all your posts I could win a Nobel maybe.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ace do you even read these articles, or just the parts that agree with what you think?

Amgen Inc the only reason they are posting a profit at all is because they are laying off thousands.

Macy’s is a high dollar department store who always makes money when the economy is good. It’s not.

Ace I don’t need you or anyone else to tell me what I read, you need to get off your highly educated horse and smell the coffee.

We are headed for a recession if not worse.

You keep believing what you want but this time it looks like a world wide one this time. Because of the world wide economy.

------------------

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Inflation is up.BY POINT ONE FRIKKEN PERCENT!!!!!!

Unemployment is up.BY POINT ONE FRIKKEN PERCENT!!!!!!

Who's really reading ALL of the articles?
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

aceman

4899 posts
Member since Feb 2003

We are headed for a recession if not worse.

You keep believing what you want but this time it looks like a world wide one this time. Because of the world wide economy.

Well Gardener Steve, you should be feeling quite good about this then, personally.....

A) You're on a fixed disability that isn't affected by a recession

B) You're about to draw a fixed retirement pension that isn't affected by a recession

C) You're a gardener or a hobby farmer..... I know from living through a couple recessions in the farm belt, that when big business is in a recession......Farmers are making huge profits. When big business is doing good, farming sucks.

D) You bought your house. No need for you to worry about the housing market taking a dump.

E) You're like Daniel Boone......living off the land. Food prices won't affect you much. (Besides, inflation is still at record lows. We have good checks and balances to control inflation from skyrocketting like when Carter was in office.)

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya and those checks and balances are working just fine.

The government has put BILLIONS of DOLLARS in to prop up this foundering economy.

Gardener, hobby farmer is an insult to what Melanie does. You may have worked at large corporate farms as a kid but things that big are supported by government subsidies. You have said so.

This is a full time job for Melanie, lets see you milk 5 goats twice a day, plus feed another 20 goats. Plus the 20 dogs, plus the horses, plus the rabbits, ducks, Pigs.

You really are an arrogant man.

------------------

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Of course I'm an arrogant man to you. I disagree with your uneducated un-thought out posts. Anyone that disagrees or counters your thoughts is arrogant.

Nope.....Not corporate farms that I worked on. Just regular sized 400-800 acre farms and 1000+ acre farm/ranches. (That 1000+ acre farm/ranch was owned by two brothers.)

25 acres is a hobby farm by any measure.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Of course I'm an arrogant man to you. I disagree with your uneducated un-thought out posts. Anyone that disagrees or counters your thoughts is arrogant.

Nope.....Not corporate farms that I worked on. Just regular sized 400-800 acre farms and 1000+ acre farm/ranches. (That 1000+ acre farm/ranch was owned by two brothers.)

25 acres is a hobby farm by any measure.

Really a hobby farm, have you ever worked a hobby farm?

With no help?

No employees?

No farm tractors?

No equipment?

No help other than yourself?

Just you and the Mrs.?

You have no idea.

Just because you have helped out on a large scale farm makes this one less of a farm, or less work. Matter of fact this is more work.

------------------

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you make a large profit? Was the hobby farm intended to make a profit? Was it intended to be a primary source of income? If the answer is "no" to any of this.,,,,,,,,Classification......HOBBY FARM.

I could post more links for a definition but.......
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobby_farm

If you did farm this for profit and made a profit, you'd probably get insulted if I said it was a small business.

Hobby Farm.

I still called it a FARM. Just put HOBBY in front of it. Phranc owns a small business. I don't think he'd be insulted if I called it a small business. My best friend from high school is a millionaire nd got there by owning 4 small businesses. He still calls them small businesses.

[This message has been edited by aceman (edited 08-15-2007).]

Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-15-2007 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm quite happy to have my business called small, far from insulted. It is what it is. I just hope it it isn't always small. But even if it is thats ok.

I'm looking to hire 2 more people soon and my stock portfolio is up despite this "looming recession". Man this economy is so bad.
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phranc:

I'm quite happy to have my business called small, far from insulted. It is what it is. I just hope it it isn't always small. But even if it is thats ok.

I'm looking to hire 2 more people soon and my stock portfolio is up despite this "looming recession". Man this economy is so bad.

So you have a hobby business then Franc, By aces description.

Hobby hob·by

hob·by [hóbbee]
(plural hob·bies)
n
1. enjoyable activity: an activity engaged in for pleasure and relaxation during spare time

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

This is not a hobby, this is a job, full time for Melanie and part time for me.

You can call it whatever you like, you will anyway, you have the education.

Books don’t teach you everything and that is shown by your posts.

------------------

Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-15-2007 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So you have a hobby business then Franc, By aces description.

Hobby hob·by

hob·by [hóbbee]
(plural hob·bies)
n
1. enjoyable activity: an activity engaged in for pleasure and relaxation during spare time

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

This is not a hobby, this is a job, full time for Melanie and part time for me.

You can call it whatever you like, you will anyway, you have the education.

Books don’t teach you everything and that is shown by your posts.

Sure you could say that if you wanted to be completely wrong. Seeing as I employ people, make a profit above sustenance and have a goal of growing. No my hobby business is stained glass, etched glass and hand blown glass that I sell ( more often give away).

I hope the education drivel wasn't aimed at me since all I have after graduating valedictorian is one year at a trade school for automotive industries. A field I'm not working in. I worked my way up the food chain from the lowest level helper monkey. And I got to where I am by not being in the union for years and years.

You can can learn a lot from books.

And its Phranc.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No that education remark was meant for Ace.

------------------

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you make a large profit? Was the hobby farm intended to make a profit? Was it intended to be a primary source of income? If the answer is "no" to any of this.,,,,,,,,Classification......HOBBY FARM.

You never answered any of these questions. From you previous posts, I would believe that the hobby farm supplements your income, doesn't make a large enough profit to support a family and is done more for enjoyment rather than strictly business. HOBBY FARM.
Aug 16th, 2007
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2007 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Phranc must have another government tate to suckel on. I dont see many comercial buidlings being planned and if they are they have a very remote shot at being winning propositions. About all thats really viable is govt contracts.. I've got one myself.. slurp slurp.
Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2007 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Phranc must have another government tate to suckel on. I dont see many comercial buidlings being planned and if they are they have a very remote shot at being winning propositions. About all thats really viable is govt contracts.. I've got one myself.. slurp slurp.

What is a tate? What is suckel? What is comercial? What are buidlings?

On to the rest of your retarded posts. I happen to be doing a commercial site. And commercial sites pay more then government sites. And actually working isn't the same as being a leech moron.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2007 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Retarded Phranc:
On to the rest of your retarded posts. I happen to be doing a commercial site. And commercial sites pay more then government sites. And actually working isn't the same as being a leech moron.

Whatever Skanc.. You suckel off the government tate / the peoples money making windows. Dont lie, you lap it all up..
Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2007 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whatever Skanc.. You suckel off the government tate / the peoples money making windows. Dont lie, you lap it all up..

What is a tate? And what is suckel?

But yes I do do work for the feds bill and those bills are paid for by tax dollars. But unlike you who do nothing and squander the gov. money I and the people who work for me actually work for the money. There are tangible beneficial outcomes with real results. And the money the feds. pay the people who work for it goes to men who take care of their families and pay taxes. Now if your done being an idiot stop posting so people who know a thing or two about work and economics can have a conversation. Unless you want me to make you look like an idiot again. Its not that hard.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2007 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Unemployment is up.BY POINT ONE FRIKKEN PERCENT!!!!!!

Who's really reading ALL of the articles?

Right one percent = how many? a million? Bhh peanuts.. X weekly salary no longer circulating, mortgages not being paid, credicards not being paid car payments not being paid.. Stock and IRA sales to call in the reserve cash...

You are missing the larger ball of wax. There is a very large ripple effect to loosing 1% of the work force.

1% rise in inflation.. humm how exactly is the inflation rate calculated because round here costs have exceeded pay rates by 35% last time I checked
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2007 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

What is a tate? And what is suckel?

But yes I do do work for the feds
idiot, leech, moron,

So I see you are back to the childish name calling.. tisk tisk... better nip that hate in the bud... bud.

So you do suckel from the federal tate then.. Welcome to the club.

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 08-16-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2007 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So you do suckel from the federal tate then.. Welcome to the club.

What is suckel? What is tate?

And no bill you stupid fool. I work for the federal money. I explained this already a few posts up. God you are dumb and stubborn like a jackass only you're worthless and retarded.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2007 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Never mind Phranc you are obviously out of control and can not control your anger.

------------------
Names Phranc has called me in this thread.

idiot, leech, moron, retarded, stupid, fool, jackass, worthless, retarded, dumb and stubborn

Stop the hate and rate.

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think he meant "teat" heh, makes you wonder. Tate's are what we bake in the oven around here.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you make a large profit? HOBBY FARM.

Depends some years we do, some we don’t. but as you well know having worked on a farm as a kid. Depends on the harvest for the season.

The year I had the stroke and while recovering, NO, my help was not there, and Melanie spent more time taking care of me than the farm.

Before that, yes. Some weeks she made more than I did working construction.

Was the hobby farm intended to make a profit? HOBBY FARM.

YES, but as you well know, harvests and breeding do not always work out as predicted.

Was it intended to be a primary source of income? If the answer is "no" to any of this.,,,,,,,,Classification......HOBBY FARM.FARM.

Primary source of income for Melanie yes,

me no. I make my money during the summer months, construction is seasonal here in Maine.

You never answered any of these questions. From you previous posts, I would believe that the hobby farm supplements your income, doesn't make a large enough profit to support a family and is done more for enjoyment rather than strictly business. HOBBY FARM.

Ever do something you love to make a living Ace?

Melanie does, I always tried to help out, but after my stroke many of the things she made a profit doing,

Goats milk soap sold at local Fairs just stopped.

Breeding Great Pyrenees for other ranchers/farmers went to the way side, it does require a lot of work besides just putting dogs together. If you don’t understand that then you do not understand responsible breeding.
Growing our own food without a tractor, (Just a hand tiller) is a lot more work than just sitting on a tractor and driving around, like the farms you worked on.

Ever till an entire acre with a tiller, no tractor?

hob·by

hob·by [hóbbee]
(plural hob·bies)
n

Now I really don’t expect you to understand or believe anything I said, yet you believe everything the Government says, even though most is BS. Sounds like a double standard to me.

I don’t even expect you to read all of this post, that would be to much for you to fathom.

------------------

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2007 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Regardless of Phranc's inability to make basic word associations..... Back on topic.

Index Change %Change Level Last Update *

Australia ASX 100 -57.00 -1.22% 4,613.90 8/16 5:00pm
Australia ASX All Ords -89.30 -1.54% 5,712.20 8/16 5:00pm
Australia ASX Mid-cap 50 -100.10 -1.71% 5,756.50 8/16 5:00pm
Hong Kong Hang Seng -703.33 -3.29% 20,672.39 8/16 5:59pm
Hong Kong HSCC Red Chip -202.34 -4.99% 3,855.42 8/16 4:26pm
Japan Nikkei 225 -327.12 -1.99% 16,148.49 8/16 4:30pm

Europe

Belgium Bel 20 -113.19 -2.75% 4,001.70 8/16 1:39pm
Europe DJ Stoxx -96.61 -2.64% 3,569.11 8/16 1:39pm
Europe Euronext 100 -26.15 -2.71% 940.55 8/16 1:39pm
Europe Euronext 150 -63.19 -3.44% 1,771.62 8/16 1:39pm
France CAC -151.68 -2.79% 5,291.04 8/16 1:39pm
France SBF 80 -205.19 -3.12% 6,374.50 8/16 1:39pm
France SBF 120 -112.54 -2.83% 3,860.20 8/16 1:39pm
Germany DAX -179.62 -2.41% 7,266.28 8/16 1:39pm
Germany MDAX -357.93 -3.60% 9,593.19 8/16 1:39pm
Germany TECDAX -43.89 -5.03% 828.43 8/16 1:39pm
Netherlands AEX -13.21 -2.61% 492.83 8/16 1:39pm

Norway BRIX +2.10 +0.06% 3,801.81 8/16 12:22pm

Norway OSE Industry -18.89 -1.12% 396.08 8/16 1:39pm
Sweden OMX -10.32 -0.86% 1,183.45 8/15 12:00am
Sweden OMSX All Share -3.98 -1.03% 382.33 8/15 12:00am
UK FTSE 100 -188.90 -3.09% 5,920.40 8/16 12:39pm
UK FTSE All Shares -96.62 -3.06% 3,062.62 8/16 12:39pm
UK FTSE Eurotop -80.96 -2.61% 3,018.94 8/16 12:39pm
UK FTSE Techmark -53.05 -3.23% 1,587.28 8/16 12:39pm

Americas

Canada TSE 300 -193.86 -1.46% 13,048.76 8/15 12:00am
Canada CDNX -123.76 -4.44% 2,660.84 8/15 12:00am
Canada S&P/TSX 60 -9.07 -1.19% 753.32 8/15 12:00am

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- European stocks tumbled in early trade on Thursday as credit market jitters intensified, the yen rose, government bond yields fell and all measures of risk reflected growing investor queasiness.

South Korean shares plunged 6.4 percent Thursday following losses in U.S. markets.

Financial stocks led a 2.7 percent fall in Europe as part of an across-the-board slide fueled by worries over exposure to the battered U.S. subprime mortgages market.

Asian shares outside Japan headed for their worst daily percentage fall since the attacks on the United States in September 2001, tracking a broad U.S. stock slide spurred by rumors of funding trouble at top mortgage lender Countrywide Financial.

Analysts said investors were being forced to sell high quality assets to meet margin calls in many cases.

"People are selling good stocks for bad, selling liquid assets because they can," said Justin Urquhart Stewart at 7 Investment Management.

"The key questions are what levels of margin calls people are facing and whether the carry trade will snap with the rise in the yen and the dramatic falls in local currencies."

The yen rose to a five-month high against the dollar and yen carry trades -- purchases of higher yielding, riskier assets using the low-yielding Japanese currency -- unwound.

MSCI's main world stock index was down 1.6 percent and has shed 11 percent from a peak hit in July as a credit crunch stemming from a crisis in subprime mortgages has led to fears of a withering in acquisition activity and raised broader questions about the banking system's exposure.

Easy credit, which has fueled leveraged buyout activity, continued to fade on Thursday. The iTraxx Crossover index, Europe's most widely watched index of credit sentiment, widened 18 points.

"The effects from U.S. credit on global markets remains consistent with a textbook case unraveling of financial contagion over a week after central banks intervened to normalize conditions," wrote Lena Komileva, an economist at Tullett Prebon.

CNN/Money: Dow hits 4-month low
The European Central Bank (ECB) had so far on Thursday announced no plans to inject extra funds into the euro zone money markets, staying away for two days running.

Some measures of risk aversion are at their most intense since September 2001 but corporate earnings this quarter have come in broadly strong, leading some strategists to recommend overweight positions on equities.

Underlining gold's diminished status as a safe haven, the precious metal fell by $4.10 an ounce, and Brent Crude dropped by $1.66 to below $70 a barrel.

Oil shares BP and Total were the top weighted losers on the pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 stock index.

Strong UK retail sales belied expectations that consumer activity is slowing, leading analysts to conclude that the Bank of England may still raise interest rates again this year. The figures led sterling to pare losses and added to the gloom on Britain's FTSE share benchmark.

Data released on Thursday showed that Eurozone inflation eased to 1.8 percent in July, well within the ECB's target area.

Eurozone Government bonds rallied as investors sought sanctuary from a broad sell-off. The two-year Schatz's yield fell 5 basis points to 4.05 percent.

A Reuters poll earlier this week showed that most economists expect a rate rise next month in Europe but less than half of those polled see another increase by the end of the year.

Emerging market equities fell 4 percent and JPMorgan's EMBI+ gauge of bond spreads widened 7 basis points to its widest in three weeks, taking its move over the past three days to 24 basis points. Most emerging market currencies hit their lowest levels in several months.

Tullett Prebon's Komileva said that volatility in VIX and bond markets suggested that the repricing of credit risk was not over, and that the market remained underweight in government debt.

Carry-trade unwinding had already exceeded a sharp move in February and March, she noted. "Option pricing suggests that we are far from the end of this."

The DAX-NEW volatility index, a measure of anticipated volatility in Europe, was up 13 percent, on track for its biggest daily percentage gain since worries over growth roiled markets in March.

Futures for the Dow Jones industrial average, Nasdaq and S&P500 were all trading lower, indicating a weaker start on Wall Street.

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 08-16-2007).]

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dang - y'all are all over the place

EVERYONE directly or indirectly gets their cash from the federal g'ment. duh. they print the stuff.

the "graph" will always look like its climbing, if zoomed out enough - the joy of inflation

I cant speak for the entire US economy - but I know for a downright FACT that the economy around Detroit is fully screwed.

my retirement is in the stock market, and it seems to be holding fine. yes - up/downs happen all the time. its not a smooth ride. my daughters college money is in foriegn (asian) stock markets. they be doing better. MUCH better. of course these are funds, not individual stocks I picked. but, they do work out to show a good average sample.

good/bad is a matter of perspective. yes - on its own "its good". but, compared to others - not so good. the main pointer to look at - if you want to compare to others, is the ratio of the value of the dollar to other nations money. remember when the canadien dollar was about 50% the US dollar? back in the 70's. slowly been creeping up. or are we creeping down? held a steady 70% for a long time. go check today. this is a SOLID method of comparison. takes every aspect into acount.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think one of the best measurements of monetary value is the price of gold. Historically, an ounce of gold had roughly the same buying power over time, regardless of it's price. i.e. the value of the money went up or down, but the actual "worth" of the gold didn't change.

But as prices rise, if the price of gold doesn't keep pace, that points to inflation and a devalued currency. That's one reason I think it was a mistake to ever take us off the gold standard.
Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2007 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Never mind Phranc you are obviously out of control and can not control your anger.

Names Phranc has called me in this thread.

idiot, leech, moron, retarded, stupid, fool, jackass, worthless, retarded, dumb and stubborn

Its funny you try to play the victim now bill. Not really funny more like sad. Its what you do best bill. And each of those descriptive titles are spot on except I didn't actually call you a jackass. And what word associations are you failing to attempt bill?

As for the stocks any body with a slight understanding would have known that when it shot up like it did it was an abnormality and when to high to fast. Its falling back down to a more understandable level. People are panicking because then don't understand what a correction is. That and the over hype of failing subprime lending. Its a very small percentage but if you listen some people its 1/2 the market.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As for the stocks any body with a slight understanding would have known that when it shot up like it did it was an abnormality and when to high to fast. Its falling back down to a more understandable level. People are panicking because then don't understand what a correction is. That and the over hype of failing subprime lending. Its a very small percentage but if you listen some people its 1/2 the market.

Funny that’s what they said just before the stock market crash.

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 46 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock