Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  The economy, is it good or bad. (Page 33)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 46 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The economy, is it good or bad. by 84fiero123
Started on: 07-27-2007 10:05 AM
Replies: 1809 (21969 views)
Last post by: Back On Holiday on 11-22-2008 07:23 AM
Phranc

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

And your point is?

I think the point is you are an idiot and a hypocrite talking out both sides of his ass.
IP: Logged
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phranc:
In the know? You don't know what you're talking about. Down isn't negative. its just less growth then before which is still growth. And growth that isn't negative is positive. As I said leading indicators show positive growth. Calling me assface doesn't make you anymore right. You are still an idiot and wrong and ignorant of what you thing you know what your talking about.

Again.. The report handed to me last month said growth should be here. Points to the top of the chart. This month you stop on by and throw down the report that says we fell below expectations... Point to the bottom of the chart. Then you try to pull off some smoke and mirrors magic trick and tell me that everything is fine and there is growth. There was no growth.. there was a decline in growth. that doesn't mean the economy is good or the indicators are showing groth becasue if they did show growth the indicators would have met or exceeded the expectations.,

Get a clue Phranc. If there was growth then indicators would be UP and not down. The "growth" as you so eloquently put it is negligible as it is WAY short of expectations. Nice attempt but you are still fired. 7 of 10 indicators are DOWN which means the growth you are so desperately fighting over and want to cling to is nothing but a fairytale.
aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Those who cant make in in society usually do turn the the government for support. You are nothing more than a dishonorable douche bag not even worthy of addressing me directly let alone in the third person. You are truly a disgrace to the uniform. I dont think I need to back that up with proof of your total lack of respect of some of the citizens who pay you your bloated salary but I edited this post to clarify my opinion of you.

Thanks for sharing Bill. But, you're the one that was an Unsatisfactory Participant that was kicked out and sent to the IRR. I've served honorably and have an impeccable service record.

BTW, this thread isn't about me. Stop trolling me.

(Oh, I'm sorry for stealing your line.)
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Troll:
I think the point is you are an idiot and a hypocrite talking out both sides of his ass.

Did I ask you what your point was? Phranc the flame bait troll is on track once again. What a POS you are Phranc.
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UhOh! Bill's mad now. He's calling everyone an ass and any other name he can on here.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spaceman:
Thanks for sharing Bill. But, you're the one that was an Unsatisfactory Participant that was kicked out and sent to the IRR. I've served honorably and have an impeccable service record.

BTW, this thread isn't about me. Stop trolling me.

(Oh, I'm sorry for stealing your line.)

I was never "sent IRR" I was never "Unsatisfactory Participant" or "kicked out."

So until you can back up your bullshit with some facts... stop trolling on me.

BTW this thread isnt about me either.
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You weren't? How many years did you serve, Bill? No......Not how many years did you attempt to serve.... How many years did you serve?
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aceman:
You weren't? How many years did you serve, Bill? No......Not how many years did you attempt to serve.... How many years did you serve?

Stop trolling on me... this thread isnt about me.
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TRANSLATION: "DAMMIT! Aceman's got me backed into the corner. If I don't answer this correctly, he's got the proof to nail my ass as a liar and an Unsatisfactory Participant. If I just deflect this, I don't have to answer the question."

How many years did you serve in a TPU, Bill? A simple question. 2? 3? 4? 5? 6? What was it?

Oh, and you were in the USAR and then went to the ARNG? Is that what you said?

I'd talk to you about this in PMs, but you blocked me and everyone else, so I can't get this answered except in a thread.

[This message has been edited by aceman (edited 01-06-2008).]

Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Again.. The report handed to me last month said growth should be here. Points to the top of the chart. This month you stop on by and throw down the report that says we fell below expectations... Point to the bottom of the chart. Then you try to pull off some smoke and mirrors magic trick and tell me that everything is fine and there is growth. There was no growth.. there was a decline in growth. that doesn't mean the economy is good or the indicators are showing groth becasue if they did show growth the indicators would have met or exceeded the expectations.,

Get a clue Phranc. If there was growth then indicators would be UP and not down. The "growth" as you so eloquently put it is negligible as it is WAY short of expectations. Nice attempt but you are still fired. 7 of 10 indicators are DOWN which means the growth you are so desperately fighting over and want to cling to is nothing but a fairytale.

Wow not only are you wrong and don't know what your talking but you just don't know when to stop. Indicators are down. Down from what bill? If i made 10 dollars yesterday and only 9.995 today I still made positive growth. Down from 10 but still growth. Only less then the day before. You suck at economic understanding. How you survive in life is beyond me. Your mommy must really take good care of you.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spacecadet:
TRANSLATION: mindless ramblings of a person under the influence.

VERBATIM: This thread isnt about me... stop trolling on me.
PFF
System Bot
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by Phranc:

Whatever... You are a liar regardless and that was my point from the beginning.
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Answer my questions, Bill. How's it going to hurt you?
afRaceR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for afRaceRSend a Private Message to afRaceREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
will you two just **** and get it over with............the sexual tension is killing me. I thought this was about economics not Bill and Phranc's excellent adventure
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Answer my questions, Bill. How's it going to hurt you?

My question is why do you need to dig into my business? If you that bored and need something to do I'm sure I can find you a job to do or something.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by Coach:

will you two just **** and get it over with............the sexual tension is killing me.

Well go masturbate in a corner then becasue that will be one cold cold day in hell before that warped idea even crosses my mind let alone gets acted upon.

I thought this was about economics not Bill and Phranc's excellent adventure

It is.. care to discuss what the leading indicators are used for, how they work, what an indicator means?

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 01-06-2008).]

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My question is why do you need to dig into my business? If you that bored and need something to do I'm sure I can find you a job to do or something.

"Or Something" is about all YOU could help me with Bill. You can't even get yourself a job.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spaceman:
"Or Something" is about all YOU could help me with Bill. You can't even get yourself a job.

You dont need to know anything about me as it has no bearing on the topic of discussion and you pose more assertions regarding my character that you cant back up with proof.

Simply put you are grabbing at straws because you are a desperate man trying to win an argument by use of ad homenim. I wont arm you with that.

Again... spacecadet.. This thread isn't about me so stop trolling on me...
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2yrs? 3yrs? 4yrs? 5yrs? 6yrs? How many was it before they Unsatted you, Bill?

You don't like me asking the questions because I'm not grasping at straws, I'm on to the reality of things and that would just screw you're little world up here for me to have solid proof that you were kicked into the IRR for Unsatisfactory Participation and you couldn't even complete your commitment to a 1 weekend a month job.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That’s just it, ace and phrac have no real argument because the economy IS steadily going down. They will continue to badger all who disagree with them and divert the thread.

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

2yrs? 3yrs? 4yrs? 5yrs? 6yrs? How many was it before they Unsatted you, Bill?
You don't like me asking the questions because I'm not grasping at straws, I'm on to the reality of things and that would just screw you're little world up here for me to have solid proof that you were kicked into the IRR for Unsatisfactory Participation and you couldn't even complete your commitment to a 1 weekend a month job.

[/quote]

Again.. I was never "Unsatted" unless you can prove it I would ask you to stop making such baseless unfounded assertions and hearsay.

I was Honorably discharged and thats all you need to know.

I dont know what this has to do with the topic of this thread so perhaps you can entertain us with your views on how it does?
PFF
System Bot
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I told you earlier....

You've blocked me and everyone else that disagrees with you in your PM's so I can't ask you there. I'm forced to ask you here in public.

I'll happily take it to PM's with you Bill.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have better things to do than to have a pissing match with to mental midgets who only see what they want to see and interpret facts to their advantage. When the facts are there, the economy is going down and has continued to go down since I started this thread but like the Ostrich they burry their heads in the sand.

These so called men with educations will never admit the economy is in trouble no matter what because they are doing well.

Oh ya Ace, when I was 25 I bought my first home, a 3 decker in Mass. And paid cash.

You are not going to get me to post in this thread again.

------------------

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:
That’s just it, ace and phrac have no real argument because the economy IS steadily going down. They will continue to badger all who disagree with them and divert the thread.

Yeah.. It's pathetic to see grown men reduced to grade school aged hair pulling and other snot nosed childish behavior commonly heard on a playground but it really isnt their fault. They are victims just like the rest of us but what makes them so difficult to work with is they are in a state of denial. The educational system in this country is FUBAR
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh ya Ace, when I was 25 I bought my first home, a 3 decker in Mass. And paid cash.

They stack mobile homes three high? I've never seen that. I did see once where they put mobile homes into a 4 tier girder tower as an apartment complex. We called it Tornado Towers.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I told you earlier....
You've blocked me and everyone else that disagrees with you in your PM's so I can't ask you there. I'm forced to ask you here in public.
I'll happily take it to PM's with you Bill.

I told earlier, "No."

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have better things to do than to have a pissing match with to mental midgets who only see what they want to see and interpret facts to their advantage. When the facts are there, the economy is going down and has continued to go down since I started this thread but like the Ostrich they burry their heads in the sand.

These so called men with educations will never admit the economy is in trouble no matter what because they are doing well.

So is it "in the toilet" , "going down", "in trouble" or what? It can't be all three of them at once, Mr. Bitter. Remember, the nice people that write the articles you try to comprehend use catch words like "Could", May", "Fears", "Might"

So those of us middle-class Americans that post the the economy is not as bad as you think, are doing well? So if middle-class Americans are doing well, and Upper -class Americans are doing well, then the majority are doing well and I guess the economy is not in the toilet.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I agree.. And NICE! cash on a home? What year? If you did that today the ATF FBI CIA IRS and DHS would seize it, throw you in jail, freeze your bank accounts and probably tattoo a bar code on your ass for tracking purposes. You aren't allowed to have that much cash on hand in America or it raises suspicions.

You are not going to get me to post in this thread again.

Bahhh.. don't let the ankle nippers get to ya...
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

People who rent dont pay property taxes.

Renters absolutely pay the property tax! Just like ANY business does not actually PAY for the taxes,, the customers do! Christ this is basic 101 crap.

I think this proves beyond all doubt that you are completely clueless in economics. You further the proof by claiming that a federal employee does not pay income tax because they are paid by tax dollars (a shell game you claim) heh. Somehow you think you are being clever and everyone else is a fool. Thanks for the good laugh at your expense.

This makes Toddsters joke at your expense in the posts being edited thread (that was edited) so so very true! hehehe hahaha Taking economic advise, theory or projections from a welfare recipient living with his mommy is right up there too! hehehehehe.

And Mr.. Bitter, the economy, is it good or bad? was the thread topic, not what gloom and doom may happen at some point because my uneducated ass thinks so. Slower growth is still growth! how simple does it need to be?

I truely hope this worthless thread goes to the trash where it belongs.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I find it hard to believe that instead of discussing this topic in a grown up manner that some here have chosen to ruin a topic by changing the topic to a pissing match between a few.

If anyone is wondering who these people are simple go back to the first few pages and look at who has diverted the thread topic to degrade others opinions.

I myself have tried to keep on topic but have been called names, told I know nothing, and more.

So in cases when that has happened I have found myself countering those remarks with ones of my own. Was this smart? NO, but then how do you debate a point with someone who will not discus the topic?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, good, bad, right, wrong without another going completely off topic and trying to degrade the other.

If you feel you must do that please take it to Pms. I tried that, but have been blocked from sending Pms to another. I got back.

“I believe you and Bill started it today.”

Real adult.

I sent this man 2 Pms since Christmas, one on this subject and one on another subject.

So you know who you are, those that have turned this into a pissing match. Stop it or stop posting here.

------------------

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 01-07-2008).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-07-2008 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heheh back on topic hehehhhe.

Automakers end a tough '07 with lower sales
Most automakers post year-over-year decline in December - the weakest for full-year sales since 1998; U.S.-based automakers continue to lose ground to imports.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Automakers posted lower sales in December, closing out a difficult year that likely brought the worst performances of the decade in the face of higher gasoline prices and declining home values.

Industry wide sales were off nearly 3 percent in the month from the year-earlier period, although they rebounded nearly 18 percent from the very weak November sales level, according to preliminary figures from sales tracker Autodata. Still even with the rebound, the full-year sales ended down 2.5 percent - at their weakest level since 1998.

I wonder if they had one of our own forum members write that article. A "rebound" that ends with the weakest level since 1998."

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 01-07-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr Bitter,

YOU are FAAAAARRRRRR from innocent on degrading other people's opinions and getting into a pissing match with others!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW Bill, because you didn't read my post that you tried to slam about what taxes I pay...... I OWN a $235,000 house that I pay $3200 a year in property taxes. I RENT an efficiency apartment here in Omaha for $250/month. I also do have farm land that I pay property taxes on. I suppose because I rent that land that the renters are the ones that pay the taxes on that land and not me, huh? I guess that's a bit more property taxes than you pay to Mommy.

I don't pay Federal Income Taxes, but I do pay FICA and Unemployment Taxes. That's just a little bit more than you have probably paid combined in the past 10 years.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So is it "(A)in the toilet" , "(B)going down", "(C)in trouble" or what? It can't be all three of them at once, Mr. Bitter. Remember, the nice people that write the articles you try to comprehend use catch words like "Could", May", "Fears", "Might"

So those of us middle-class Americans that post the the economy is not as bad as you think, are doing well? So if middle-class Americans are doing well, and Upper -class Americans are doing well, then the majority are doing well and I guess the economy is not in the toilet.

it is B. going down. it is not yet C - in trouble, but certainly not A - in the toilet
there is no way anyone can say that they can get as much for $100 as you could before 9/11.
and, I do beleive that 9/11 was the tip point.

tho, another "basic" indicator is, it used to be that the average child would surpass their parents in economic standing. that is not as likely anymore.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

there is no way anyone can say that they can get as much for $100 as you could before 9/11.

This is a bit misleading. For just about any period of time in recent history, your dollar has bought less from one year to the next.

$100 in 1970, compared to it's buying power in later years:

1970 - $100.00
1980 - $ 50.41
1990 - $ 29.52
2000 - $ 22.04
2002 - $ 20.98
2004 - $ 20.11
2006 - $ 18.83

While you can clearly tell the poor economy in the 70's with the drastic drop in buying power of about 50%, even during the economic growth of the 80's and 90's, the buying power still declined every year, dropping 41% in the 80s and 25% in the 90s. From 2000 - 2006, the dollar's buying power has dropped 14.5%, and while that doesn't include 2007, it does cover the 9/11 era.

Keep in mind that "buying power" is not the same thing as the dollar's value on the global market. These figures are based on inflation and the consumer price index.

$100 in 1970 would take $531 in 2006 to have the same buying power.
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

it is B. going down. it is not yet C - in trouble, but certainly not A - in the toilet

tho, another "basic" indicator is, it used to be that the average child would surpass their parents in economic standing. that is not as likely anymore.

My viewpoint is that it is "In Trouble" but not yet a "Going down the toilet"

From being in trouble it MAY (catch word) go down the toilet. From being in trouble it MAY (catch word) continue to show stagnant GROWTH. From being in trouble it MAY (catch word) rebound and have good growth.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

From being in trouble it MAY (catch word) go down the toilet. From being in trouble it MAY (catch word) continue to show stagnant GROWTH. From being in trouble it MAY (catch word) rebound and have good growth.

And that uncertainty is responsible for much of the wild swings in the Dow, independant of the actual economic performance.
Investors are worried, and that's a more powerful factor than taxes, jobs, and unemployment.
86blackse

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackseSend a Private Message to 86blackseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how in the hell did this thread ALSO get turned into another pissing contest..why not END it cliff ????????? it has nothing at ALL to do with the economy....its totaly B.S.....another thread distroyed by this kind of garabge!!!
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They stack mobile homes three high? I've never seen that. I did see once where they put mobile homes into a 4 tier girder tower as an apartment complex. We called it Tornado Towers.

Actually I was 24 when I bought my first home in 78, I had to think back on that. The 70’s were a very fuzzy time for me. It was a 3 decker, three story wood framed home with three apartments and cost $20,000.

That same home is somewhere in the ½ million dollar range.

This is part of the problem with the economy today. Most people are not making that much more than they did in the 70’s. yes they are making more but not enough to keep pace with inflation.

I made money on that one, the rents where around 200 a month, and they more than paid the taxes, utilities and any other bills with money to spare.

Problem is my first wife got that one in the divorce.

------------------

Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-07-2008 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hobby farmer I like how you say I have no argument. When yours is the same tired rehashed articles. And then there are bills arguments that he thinks he knows what hes talking about but really doesn't. So I have a bitter man who uses his crutches and an idiot who doesn't understand what he posts making doom and gloom posts about how bad the economy is. Yet neither of you can drum up numbers showing negative growth. In fact all leading indicators still show positive growth. Just less of it then before. And 4th GDP was up in the black. Yup thats right still growing. Not negative.

When you two actually learn about the subject and get a clue maybe you wont get so pissy and frustrated from being shown to be nothing more then ignorant. At least you stopped blaming the stroke. And bills only excuse is that hes an idiot. IF you are going to post things you could try to understand them. Instead of posting things that contradict the point your' attempting and failing to put forth. Remember billy down is less then before but not less then zero.

Or you two could stop whining about the economy and actually add to it.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2008 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wow - thats surprising - I was under the impression you were more confident in the economy than I was.
Here in Detroit - yes - In Trouble. and maybe even dropping pants for the toilet.....not yet in, or going down tho
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 46 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock