Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  The economy, is it good or bad. (Page 31)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 46 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The economy, is it good or bad. by 84fiero123
Started on: 07-27-2007 10:05 AM
Replies: 1809 (21969 views)
Last post by: Back On Holiday on 11-22-2008 07:23 AM
84Bill

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aceman:

Cry and complain all you want space... I wont go away and I wont stop posting till the fat lady sings.
IP: Logged
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More of the same. You keep posting the same things over and over again. That doesn't make it worse bill. It only means the poll you have to pull your stories from is so small you have to rehash the same crap over and over. Still not down moths for GDP. Most indicators show positive growth. You can pull the same stories about how stupid people bought houses they can't afford but can you find one that shows the economy is actually doing bad. No you can't you might be able to find one that says its doing good but not as good as 2 years years ago.
Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Phranc

7777 posts
Member since Aug 2005

Originally posted by 84Bill:

Cry and complain all you want space... I wont go away and I wont stop posting till the fat lady sings.

Or the welfare runs up and your parents die and your living out on the streets. Can't live with mommy forever bill. YOu know if you put as much effort into working hard as you did not working hard you might have a better lot in life. BUt that would take real work and your just to good for that.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phranc:
Most indicators show positive growth.

Leading Indicators Adding to fears of recession. Next report Jan. 18

Economy faces weak winter
Conference Board index of leading indicators falls by 0.4 percent in November, adding to fears of 2008 recession.
December 20 2007: 10:32 AM EST

NEW YORK (AP) -- A gauge of future business activity fell last month, indicating the economy could be dragged down further amid rising costs and housing woes, a business research group said Thursday.

The Conference Board said its index of leading indicators dropped 0.4 percent in November, after falling 0.5 percent in October and rising by a slight 0.1 percent in September.

It was at 136.3 in November, versus a revised 136.9 in the previous month.

Last month's drop was close to what economists surveyed by Thomson/IFR had predicted, who on average said there would be a drop of 0.5 percent.

The index is watched as an indicator of where the U.S. economy is headed, and persistent weakness can signal a recession in three to six months. Many economist believe the current slowdown could mean a full recession in 2008.

Ten indicators make up the leading index. Seven of them fell: stock prices, average weekly initial claims for unemployment insurance, index of consumer expectations, real money supply, building permits, interest rate spread and manufacturers new orders for consumer goods and materials. To top of page
Jobless claims up
aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Skewing the numbers is what the news and you are trying to show, Bill.

I got a 3.5% raise last year. This year I got a 3% raise. I'm still making more money. I haven't lost anything. I'm still gaining more money. But the difference is that last year I got .5% more of a raise last year.

And those catch words that articles use..........Fears, Could, May, Might, Worries.

I FEAR I MIGHT get hit by a bus today. That MAY leave my family in a bad position and they MIGHT WORRY about their future.

I DIDN'T get hit by a bus today. That DIDN'T leave my family in a bad position and they DIDN'T have concern about their future.

Thanks for sharing, Bill. You can get those that don't have a grasp of understanding English well, all worried.

[This message has been edited by aceman (edited 01-06-2008).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got a 3.5% raise last year. This year I got a 3% raise. I'm still making more money. I haven't lost anything. I'm still gaining more money. But the difference is that last year I got .5% more of a raise last year.

Thats because you are a welfare recipient. Everyone on a government dole gets a raise. You dont even pay taxes
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thats because you are a welfare recipient. Everyone on a government dole gets a raise. You dont even pay taxes

BWOOOP! BWOOOP! Irony alert!

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here Bill (Love how you take things out of context.)...........

Now..........The economy went up say 5% last year. This year it only went up 2%. THE ECONOMY IS STILL GROWING. Just like my income did from last year to this year.

For once in your life call a Spade a Spade, Bill.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spade:
For once in your life call a Spade a Spade, Bill.

You are a welfare recipient who doesn't even pay taxes. Since you are on the government dole you get a raise every year regardless of the economy
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmmmmmm, paid $3,200 in property taxes last year Bill.

Nope, I didn't pay a dime in Federal Income Taxes. My tax credits and deduction dropped me to well below the taxable income line.

I paid sales tax on all my purchases from gas to internet access to clothes to cars.

I have residency in a state that has no state income tax.

I paid taxes, Bill.

And go ahead and try the "Your salary is paid by my taxes so even if you did pay Federal Income Tax, you're basically paying yourself." Bullsh!t. It's plain bullsh!t.
afRaceR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for afRaceRSend a Private Message to afRaceREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The question is not whether individuals are doing well in an economy, there will always be individuals doing well even in a totally broke economy. I got a 13% raise this year, but I'm just one person. There are many people working at $10 an hour that may get a 3% raise, if that. That's not really the point. From 1980 to 2006, inflation annualized 3.5%. These people aren't even keeping up with the rate of inflation, much less with the price of the falling dollar. This is not a question of living beyond ones means. There is a huge section of unskilled workers in this country, and growing as jobs are being sent overseas. How do these people affect the countries economy?

The value of the dollar is falling, as of right now, Canada's dollar is almost EVEN! The Euro is gaining value, especially since the Fed has loward interest rates - again. I hear people say it, well its in our interest for a lowered value dollar because it makes exports cheaper to foreign markets. But oil, which is traded in dollars, is going through the roof. the price of a barrel of oil in 1980 traded for around $21 a barrel, in todays money that same 1980 barrel of oil would cost you around $75. What this mean, is the value is tanking, foreign markets that used to hold dollars because the value was fairly stable are now converting them into Euros - or some other currency. Countries aren't trusting the value of the dollar, so they convert their dollars into another currency that is either increasing or has a stable value. This increased supply of dollars, devalues the dollar even more. Eventually, if the dollar keeps falling, the dollar will not be the worlds currency. Take this with the fact that the reserve is continueing to increase the supply of dollars to pay for wars and government programs, the dollar is in a very dangerous position - and we will suffer as a result, not foreign markets.

From 1775 to 1913, coincidently the year the Federal Reserve was created, the interest rate annualized at .19% - that's about 140 years. From 1913 to 2006, interest rates annualized at 3.33%, that's only 83 years! The Federal Reserve was supposed to protect our economy but the facts show they are destroying it. Since the Fed has started operating, they have created these bubbles which have helped to created recessions - directly responsible for the Great Depression. Instead of letting the market operate correctly in cycles, they create and fuel bubbles that grow way beyond what the market can sustain until they pop. In the end, these bubbles make a few men very rich and busts the rest of us that bought into their scams. The dollar that the Fed started out with in 1913 is only worth about 4 pennies today. Mises, who predicted the destruction of the German Mark, says that when a currency is on the brink, it will not be uncommon to use thousands - or millions - of a currency to buy common everyday needs. In 1908, a model T cost about $1250, in todays money it would cost about $21,000, using only GDP deflater, with CPI it would be closer to $28,000 - or about what you can buy a base model car for today. These are indicators that have been ignored but, as history has shown for other currencies, we cannot.

Our GDP, is extremely high for a developed country. If we were a third world country, there would be some real concerns about our economy.

At an estimated $670 billion, or 5.7% of gross domestic product (GDP), the 2004 current account deficit is the largest ever. An already huge trade deficit (the amount exports fall short of imports) made worse by high oil prices, along with rock bottom private savings and a gaping federal budget deficit, have helped push the U.S. current account deficit into uncharted territory. The last time it was above 4% of GDP was in 1816, and no other country has ever run a current account deficit that equals nearly 1% of the world's GDP. If current trends continue, the gap could reach 7.8% of U.S. GDP by 2008, according to Nouriel Roubini of New York University and Brad Setser of University College, Oxford, two well-known finance economists.

Most of the current account deficit stems from the U.S. trade deficit (about $610 billion). The rest reflects the remittances immigrants send home to their families plus U.S. foreign aid (together another $80 billion) less net investment income (a positive $20 billion because the United States still earns more from investments abroad than it pays out in interest on its borrowing from abroad).

The current account deficit represents the amount of money the United States must attract from abroad each year. Money comes from overseas in two ways: foreign investors can buy stock in U.S. corporations, or they can lend money to corporations or to the government by buying bonds. Currently, almost all of the money must come from loans because European and Japanese investors are no longer buying U.S. stocks. U.S. equity returns have been trivial since 2000 in dollar terms and actually negative in euro terms since the dollar has lost ground against the euro.

Our government, and trade markets operate in such a way that causes deficits. Right now, we borrow and create more money to offset these deficits, but this connot continue. Bob Bernanke, who is the chairman of the Federal Reserve has even stated to the Congress, that although the government can continue to operate this way, it will not be sustainable long term. Common sense says if its not sustainable for the long term, why have we been doing it for the last 80+ years and continue to do it.

I think discussion has lead away from the topic, we all know there are individuals are doing well. The government and trade deficits, along with falling dollar values and high inflation are the real indicators that show we are in trouble. It doesn't matter how well individuals are doing right now, when the value of the dollar drops out, nobody will doing well.

[This message has been edited by afRaceR (edited 01-09-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are a welfare recipient who doesn't even pay taxes. Since you are on the government dole you get a raise every year regardless of the economy

Projecting your own faults and failures on others again bill. Can you be anymore dishonest and/or stupid? An employee for the fed. actually works for their salary. Thats not welfare. Thats a job.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Ace,

Did you sell that house of yours yet?

Just how long has it been on the market?

Just how long do you think you can keep paying those $1200 a month payment if you get canned?

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmmmmmm, paid $3,200 in property taxes last year Bill.

Income taxes.

People who rent dont pay property taxes.

Nope, I didn't pay a dime in Federal Income Taxes. My tax credits and deduction dropped me to well below the taxable income line.

Even without the credits and blaa blaa you still wouldn't pay income taxes. You pay check comes from taxes therefore you dont pay taxes on your dole, you merely play a income tax shell game.

Face the facts space.
Your salary drains more from the coffers than 168 family's on welfare annually.

Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Face the facts space.
Your salary drains more from the coffers than 168 family's on welfare annually.

How is it a drain when Ace actually produces a service for his salary. Those on welfare just take take take.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Even without the credits and blaa blaa you still wouldn't pay income taxes. You pay check comes from taxes therefore you dont pay taxes on your dole, you merely play a income tax shell game.

I must say, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Those on welfare just take take take.

How many?
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by Douchebag:
I must say, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Great so I got kudos from a complete and total ass hole. Now all I need is a quarter and I can get a cup of coffee.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
266 (taxes a month) + 1100 (mortgage) = 1366+ insurance every month for the Aceman

Oh ya what about all that land in the middle of no where, is that paid for?

Over 15% of Americans are without any health insurance.

Most are just one or two paychecks away from just being homeless.

Could you still pay for that house if you get canned?

How about if you get canned and have no health insurance and end up in the hospital?

See these are the problems with your attitude about how well the economy is doing.

Federal report cites drop in employer-sponsored coverage
By Steven Reinberg
Posted 8/28/07

TUESDAY, Aug. 28 (HealthDay News) -- A record number of Americans are without health insurance, according to new U.S. Census Bureau statistics released Tuesday.
Some of the trend can be explained by employers who are curtailing coverage or making it too costly for lower income workers to afford, the report said.
Related News
Video: Health News & Features
Join a Discussion
More from Health
"The number of people without health insurance coverage increased from 44.8 million in 2005 to 47 million in 2006," David S. Johnson, chief of the bureau's Housing and Household Economic Statistics Division, said during a teleconference Tuesday.
The percentage of Americans without health insurance rose to 15.8 percent in 2006 from 15.3 percent in 2005, Johnson added. "This is the second consecutive year of increase," he said.
At the same time, the number of people with health insurance increased to 249.8 million in 2006, from 249 million in 2005. The number of Americans covered by private health insurance and government insurance remained about the same, according to the report, Poverty, and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2006.

http://health.usnews.com/us...health-insurance.htm

And these numbers are growing.

Being middle class no longer means you are immune from these problems.

What happens if the government decides you are expendable?

You are one of the lucky few in a recession proof job.

The only bitter one here is you Ace.

Bitter because you are wrong but will not admit it. You know you are wrong but just as in any other case where you have been wrong you deflect by calling others bitter.

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Great so I got kudos from a complete and total ass hole. Now all I need is a quarter and I can get a cup of coffee.

Really? I guess food stamps take up the rest of the cost.

And bill everyone on welfare takes. Thats what welfare is. You take handouts. They sure as hell aren't giving. Even a retarded monkey could have answered that question.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How is it a drain when Ace actually produces a service for his salary.

You mentioned earlier that "the majority of Americans are getting by just fine." You are correct. However what you are ignoring the fact that if 168 families can live one year on welfare and "get by just fine" then it would stand to reason that others on the government dole (names omitted) are living a life of extreme excess.

Space produces nothing for the people at all, he isnt even a public servant doing something for the public. He is in essence a worthless tax dollar drain sucking up money from the treasury who can easily do the same job a a fraction of his current salary.

PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yet another ad hominem attack brought to you by 84Bill. Please rate accordingly.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Really? I guess food stamps take up the rest of the cost.

Stop trolling and prove it

Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You mentioned earlier that "the majority of Americans are getting by just fine." You are correct. However what you are ignoring the fact that if 168 families can live one year on welfare and "get by just fine" then it would stand to reason that others on the government dole (names omitted) are living a life of extreme excess.

Space produces nothing for the people at all, he isnt even a public servant doing something for the public. He is in essence a worthless tax dollar drain sucking up money from the treasury who can easily do the same job a a fraction of his current salary.

Oh I see your just mad some one is doing better then you are. No bill you are a drain. For all th hand outs you suck up with glee.... oh I'm sorry in your stupid mind they are "entitlements" so for all the "entitlements" you suck up what exactly do you do for them? Do you have a job that they are payment for? Do you work for them? No. No you don't. You are just a dumb lazy bitter idiot who has a hissy fit every time some one points it out and you can't stand seeing people more successful then you are. Thats why you project you own failures and faults on others in a vain attempt to drag them down to your worthless level. You really are pathetic.
Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Phranc

7777 posts
Member since Aug 2005

Stop trolling and prove it

Thats not trolling dumbass its flaming. Christ you can't even get that right your so useless.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Over 15% of Americans are without any health insurance.

Most are just one or two paychecks away from just being homeless.

Could you still pay for that house if you get canned?

How about if you get canned and have no health insurance and end up in the hospital?

See these are the problems with your attitude about how well the economy is doing.

Actually, that type of situation exists even when the economy is booming. There are companies that don't want to offer insurance because of cost, and people who choose to go without because of cost. Few people can afford to pay their rent or mortgage without a job, and not many people keep much emergency cash on hand.

Most people tend to live to the extend of their income. When they get a raise, they don't increase their savings, but they raise their standard of living. This type of person is screwed if they lose their job no matter how the economy is doing. They just have a better chance of not losing their job when the economy is growing rapidly.

It's a fundamental problem with society in general today that we don't save enough or plan for the future or for potential rough times.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Originally posted by Formula88:
Yet another ad hominem attack brought to you by 84Bill. Please rate accordingly.

Yes, please do rate accordingly.

Originally posted by Formula88:

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by Skanc:
Thats not trolling dumbass its flaming. Christ you can't even get that right your so useless.

Uhh hello? Trolling and flaming are the same thing... Skanc.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Oh I see your just mad some one is doing better then you are. No bill you are a drain. For all th hand outs you suck up with glee.... oh I'm sorry in your stupid mind they are "entitlements" so for all the "entitlements" you suck up what exactly do you do for them? Do you have a job that they are payment for? Do you work for them? No. No you don't. You are just a dumb lazy bitter idiot who has a hissy fit every time some one points it out and you can't stand seeing people more successful then you are. Thats why you project you own failures and faults on others in a vain attempt to drag them down to your worthless level. You really are pathetic.

Welcome to another eddition of TRRRRRROOOOOOOOLLLLLL TRAIN with you host Skanc

Whooo Whooo....Chuga chugga

Prove it Skanc...

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 01-06-2008).]

Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Uhh hello? Trolling and flaming are the same thing... Skanc.

Ummm no they aren't if they were they wouldn't be called different things and have different deffinitions.
Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Phranc

7777 posts
Member since Aug 2005

Welcome to another eddition of TRRRRRROOOOOOOOLLLLLL TRAIN with you host Skanc

Whooo Whooo....Chuga chugga

Prove it Skanc...

You've proved it for me bill. Your just to dumb to realize it. And your use of troll is wrong. As per your usual Modus operandi.

Instead of draining the economy and crying about how bad it is why don't you go work a little more and a little harder and actually try to fix it by partaking in it.
PFF
System Bot
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You've proved it for me bill.

Uhh yeah.. and you are a troll who flames the forum but you havent proven anything.

You just made up some bullshit and climbed up on your soapbox and made a bunch of accusations about me. You havent proven a damn thing and the simple reason for that is I haven't dis proven it because quite frankly Skanc it's non of your business or anyone elses for that matter.

Instead of draining the economy and crying about how bad it is why don't you go work a little more and a little harder and actually try to fix it by partaking in it.

Nah.. I dont feel like it right now.

Ummm no they aren't if they were they wouldn't be called different things and have different deffinitions.

True.
Trolls start flame wars... Skanc.
Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't flame the forum bill just you.

Soap box? Ahhh thats right your talking about when I use your own words from previous posts to point out how much of a leech you are. Or to point out your lies. Yeah bill thats not a soap box. You haven't disproved anything because you can't. You got hemmed up by your own words.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't flame the forum bill just you.

Uhh yes you do. Skanc.

This topic was going just fine until you and your sidekick Spaceboy came along and decided to whine and complain about others and not the other way around.

For some reason you two superheros cant seem to keep a single line of thought and instead wriggle and twist things around until the essence of the topic has been so distorted by your Ad Homenim it doest even resemble the original topic at all.

This topic is about the economy... Skanc.

Soap box? Ahhh thats right your talking about when I use your own words from previous posts to point out how much of a leech you are. Or to point out your lies. Yeah bill thats not a soap box. You haven't disproved anything because you can't. You got hemmed up by your own words.

Speaking of lies... Skanc... You portray yourself as if you are without sin. But by all means Skanc hurl those rocks around and watch what happens to your glass house.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001
I'm still waiting for your reply to this Phranc.. or are playing the role of Skanc by proxy?

No need to answer because either way I'll know all I need to know.

Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Speaking of lies... Skanc... You portray yourself as if you are without sin. But by all means Skanc hurl those rocks around and watch what happens to your glass house.

No I haven't bill. But keep making things up to deflect from yourself its ok bill. Its all you got. You've dug you own hole with your own words. But you keep up that projection and deflection bill.

I'm still waiting for your reply to this Phranc.. or are playing the role of Skanc by proxy?

No need to answer because either way I'll know all I need to know.

I already answered bill. You just don't understand what you read. If you think you know all you need to know your a lot dumber then I give you credit for.

Speaking of the economy bill why don't work harder to add to it instead of crying about it? I know, I know you don't feel like it. You're just to lazy to pull your own weight.

Poor forum martyr bill.

And skank isn't a word.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No I haven't bill. But keep making things up to deflect from yourself its ok bill. Its all you got. You've dug you own hole with your own words. But you keep up that projection and deflection bill.

I dug no such hole Skanc, I had you dig it for me. You are trying to lead me around by humiliation and it wont work because I dont have any pride or fear. I have absolutely nothing to lose. You and your trusty sidekick on OTOH...

I already answered bill. You just don't understand what you read. If you think you know all you need to know your a lot dumber then I give you credit for.

Now I know for a fact you are a liar.

Speaking of the economy bill why don't work harder to add to it instead of crying about it? I know, I know you don't feel like it. You're just to lazy to pull your own weight.

Crying about what? What am I crying about that is so important that you feel the need to flame and troll every thread with your pitiful attempts to humiliate me. If anything all I ever hear out of your mouth is whining and complaints about welfare and those unfortunates who are on it.

Poor forum martyr bill.

I havent been martyred yet Skanc...

And skank isn't a word.

Uhh yes it is... Skanc

Just goes to show how smart you are.. Hey Skanc? You do know that gullible isnt a word... right?

skank /skæŋk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[skangk] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used without object)
Slang. to dance rhythmically in a loose-limbed manner.
[Origin: 1980–85; orig. uncert.]

—Related forms
skanker, noun
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
skank (skāngk) Pronunciation Key
n.

1. A rhythmic dance performed to reggae or ska music, characterized by bending forward, raising the knees, and extending the hands.
2. Disgusting or vulgar matter; filth.
3. One who is disgustingly foul or filthy and often considered sexually promiscuous. Used especially of a woman or girl.

intr.v. skanked, skank·ing, skanks
To dance the skank.

[Of Jamaican origin.]

skank'y adj.
(Download Now or Buy the Book)
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Online Etymology Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
skank
"unattractive woman," 1970s, from skag in this sense (1920s), of unknown origin. Meaning "dance to reggae music" is 1976, probably not the same word, but also of unknown origin.

Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2001 Douglas Harper
WordNet - Cite This Source - Share This
skank

noun
1. any substance considered disgustingly foul or unpleasant [syn: filth]
2. a rhythmic dance to reggae music performed by bending forward and extending the hands while bending the knees

verb
1. dance the skank

Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Uhh yes it is... Skanc

Just goes to show how smart you are.. Hey Skanc? You do know that gullible isnt a word... right?

skank /skæŋk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[skangk] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used without object)
Slang. to dance rhythmically in a loose-limbed manner.
[Origin: 1980–85; orig. uncert.]

—Related forms
skanker, noun
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
skank (skāngk) Pronunciation Key
n.

1. A rhythmic dance performed to reggae or ska music, characterized by bending forward, raising the knees, and extending the hands.
2. Disgusting or vulgar matter; filth.
3. One who is disgustingly foul or filthy and often considered sexually promiscuous. Used especially of a woman or girl.

intr.v. skanked, skank·ing, skanks
To dance the skank.

[Of Jamaican origin.]

skank'y adj.
(Download Now or Buy the Book)
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Online Etymology Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
skank
"unattractive woman," 1970s, from skag in this sense (1920s), of unknown origin. Meaning "dance to reggae music" is 1976, probably not the same word, but also of unknown origin.

Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2001 Douglas Harper
WordNet - Cite This Source - Share This
skank

noun
1. any substance considered disgustingly foul or unpleasant [syn: filth]
2. a rhythmic dance to reggae music performed by bending forward and extending the hands while bending the knees

verb
1. dance the skank

How cleaver of you bill. You got me on a typo. I meant skanc isn't a word. The one you use all the time. I bet you are real proud of your self now.

I don't complain about about the "unfortunates" on welfare bill just losers like you who don't really need it but take it any way and then brag about how you don't need it and take it as an "entitlement" and how your sticking it to the man. The man being those of us who work hard for a living. Your words bill. Your hole.

Why don't you have anything to lose bill? You are right I do have a lot to lose. I have lost it all before too. But unlike you I didn't cry about it and leech of others I worked hard and made something of my life. You're just a sad pitiful little loser who blames every one else for his failures.

So bill when are you going to help the economy out buy putting more then you leech out?

I don't try to humiliate you bill. You do it to your self with your own words. Now stop crying about how bad you have it and work harder to make it better.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How cleaver of you bill. You got me on a typo.

Liar. You wrote in plain English that skank inst a word and that is a lie.

I dont give a rats ass what you meant.

Most indicators show positive growth.

Liar..

Conference Board index of leading indicators falls by 0.4 percent in November, adding to fears of 2008 recession.

NEW YORK (AP) -- A gauge of future business activity fell last month, indicating the economy could be dragged down further amid rising costs and housing woes, a business research group said Thursday.

The Conference Board said its index of leading indicators dropped 0.4 percent in November, after falling 0.5 percent in October and rising by a slight 0.1 percent in September.

Last month's drop was close to what economists surveyed by Thomson/IFR had predicted, who on average said there would be a drop of 0.5 percent.

The index is watched as an indicator of where the U.S. economy is headed, and persistent weakness can signal a recession in three to six months. Many economist believe the current slowdown could mean a full recession in 2008.

Ten indicators make up the leading index. Seven of them fell: stock prices, average weekly initial claims for unemployment insurance, index of consumer expectations, real money supply, building permits, interest rate spread and manufacturers new orders for consumer goods and materials. To top of page
Jobless claims up

Lets see.. 7 - 10 = -3

Yeah I can see how you would believe that most indicators are up... Skanc.

As far as the rest of your drivel...

I already stated that I had you dig the hole for me.

Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2008 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:Liar. You wrote in plain English that skank inst a word and that is a lie.

I dont give a rats ass what you meant.
Of course you don't care bill. You got me on a typo clever little bill. So desperate to win one little argument.

Liar..

Jobless claims up

OMG less then 1/2 a %. What was it for the quarter bill? You picked up one almost insignificant negative area to make it look bad. And it was from 2 months ago. Oh and bill thats not a negative growth its a drop of .4% from the previous positive growth. Its still growing just not as much. So I didn't lie. Leading indicators do in fact still show growth. You don't even understand what your posting.

Dumb ass that would be 10-7 = 3.
You can't even get that right.

3 is still positive.

What other links do you have that you don't understand?

[This message has been edited by Phranc (edited 01-06-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 46 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock