Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  The economy, is it good or bad. (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 46 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The economy, is it good or bad. by 84fiero123
Started on: 07-27-2007 10:05 AM
Replies: 1809 (21981 views)
Last post by: Back On Holiday on 11-22-2008 07:23 AM
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2007 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Uaana:

Bill, sometimes I worry about you..

You'll let us know if you start writing a manifesto and start wearing sunglasses and a hoodie right?

Too late!

As for the "doing great" part. Yes, we are strong but I reiterate how concerned I am about the National Debt. Debt financing is good for a while but in the end it will lead to fiscal instability if we have a crisis that is catastropic enough. We have a very thin safety margin right now if we absorb another Katrina/Rita 1-2 punch. a major Caifornia Earthquake, for example, could crimple this country. Louisiana is a small economic contributor by comparison. If California slows down, we could be in serious trouble. So even though things are fine right now, I want a bigger safety net than we have.
IP: Logged
Uaana

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2007 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand your concern Todd. but Katrina wasn't all that bad.. I know we've been deluged with endless pleas to help the "katrina survivors".. but the heavy tech/oil/industry rebuild/repaired/ or moved within 6 months.. Sorry sounds callus but nobody really cares about rebuilding slums and ghettos. Too many ppl got bit by bringing "refugees" into their homes only to find they had adopted welfare squatters.
That said.. worst hit we've taken was 9/11.. shut down all of our financial district for the better part of a week. With new redundancy.. not really an issue anymore.

and sorry.. not trying to step on too many toes.. but the World Trade Center droppped.. 2 massive buildings that employed close to 50k ppl. Both brought down along with numerous buildings along side.. Business was back in 2 days! I'm still hearing about "relief" for katrina victoms" Sorry.. you had a flood.. move the f on. Want sympathy.. why did you reelect an idiot like Nagin? He left you sitting there to die while 200 buses sat idle. Sorry.. i'm guessing most of you are too stupid to breed/live anyways.
Uaana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2007 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Uaana

6570 posts
Member since Dec 1999
BTW to Mistress and others.. that wasn't a personal slam
sorry.. and really sucks what you had to go through.

Rant was targeted to the looters/whiners that sat there and did nothing but ask/expect the gov't to bail them out.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2007 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://money.excite.com/jsp...ews_id=ap-d8qme2i00&

U.S. Treasury Secretary Visits China

Sunday July 29, 2:48 PM EDT

BEIJING (AP) — For months, U.S. lawmakers have warned Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson that patience was wearing thin as his economic dialogue with China failed to produce breakthroughs on currency and other disputes.
Now, as he meets this week with Chinese leaders, Paulson faces new pressure in Congress, where legislators have proposed measures that would punish Beijing for manipulating its currency.
"The problem is, there is very little they can do in the immediate future that will make Congress happy," said Andy Rothman, a China strategist for investment bank CLSA.
Paulson is due to hold talks with President Hu Jintao and other officials on the "strategic economic dialogue" launched by the two governments last year to deal with tensions over China's swollen trade surplus and other issues. The secretary also is to meet with Vice Premier Wu Yi, who leads the Chinese side of the dialogue.

I wonder if this could have anything to do with it. Or is it just me who thinks they are flooding us with crap that is toxic, as well as built by prisoners, and child labor.

How can any country compete with this kind of BS. They allow trash products, illegal copies of our own products in the software area.

I just think we are looking at this Global Economy crap in the wrong way. If a country like China can manipulate their own money what chance does anyone have when trading with them.

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Uaana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2007 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:
http://money.excite.com/jsp...ews_id=ap-d8qme2i00&

U.S. Treasury Secretary Visits China

Sunday July 29, 2:48 PM EDT

BEIJING (AP) —

John Birch sounds like a great idea.. but what is your alternative? Should the US only purchase US goods? can we compete / exist completely independant of the rest of the world?
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2007 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

John Birch sounds like a great idea.. but what is your alternative? Should the US only purchase US goods? can we compete / exist completely independant of the rest of the world?

How about not allowing any imports from China.

Think they would get the idea?

Probably not. They are not allowing anything in, taxing what does go in and limiting American companies access, to their markets.

Why can’t we do that to them?

------------------

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2007 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's how our government was originally funded, the taxes on the people is the newcomer idea... shifted the cost of government from importers wanting to sell stuff here of onto the people.
Uaana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2007 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How about not allowing any imports from China.

Think they would get the idea?

Probably not. They are not allowing anything in, taxing what does go in and limiting American companies access, to their markets.

Why can’t we do that to them?

Sounds good.. you're ok paying $2 more for everything right?

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post07-29-2007 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You'll let us know if you start writing a manifesto and start wearing sunglasses and a hoodie right?

I did, it's called Old Glory.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2007 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sounds good.. you're ok paying $2 more for everything right?

If it will keep the crap, toxic, child labor, junk from China out of this country until they start following the rules the rest of the free world live by sure.

Why you think its OK for them to do what they are doing?

------------------

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2007 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the easy way to know if the economy is good/bad is to compare the value of a US Dollar against other currency's.
a fine example is the canadien dollar. for a long time, the US dollar was worth a good amount more. suddenly - it is almost equal. either Canada shot up - or we dropped down. maybe both.

but, here in "motor city" - or - more accurately - "motor ghost town" - we've been dead for over 5 years now.

PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2007 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pyrthian

29569 posts
Member since Jul 2002

not entirely - but - if it is to be sold in the USA - it is to made to USA standards.
I could manufacture competivly, if I could dump into the clinton river & hire the neighborhood kids.

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2007 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wonder if this could have anything to do with it. Or is it just me who thinks they are flooding us with crap that is toxic, as well as built by prisoners, and child labor.

How can any country compete with this kind of BS. They allow trash products, illegal copies of our own products in the software area.

I just think we are looking at this Global Economy crap in the wrong way. If a country like China can manipulate their own money what chance does anyone have when trading with them.

This is actually a great question!

In the short term, monetary policy can have an impact but it is unsustainable over the long term. In the end, productivity rules the nest and when the PEOPLE of China become too disillusioned with having to work 10 hour days for slave wages only to see the comsumers of their labors profit and thrive, they will rise-up! China has tried to stave off insurrection since the fall of Moscow opened their eyes. They can not compete in a global economy and keep pace with the west. Hence, they have learned that Communism can not work. However, unlike the chaotic transition Russia went through (and still is going through) China decided to take their medicine in small doses with a transistion to a market driven economy. This has made China LOOK stronger that it really is. When ever you open a new market the flood gates open and investment money pours in. Just like the Dot Coms of the 90s money is rolling in by the truck load. But in the end, these investments must see returns. As long as China can continue to supply a steady supply of slave labor the profits will be there. The problem they face however is that there is no such thing as a "little" freeedom. The people will want freedom and it will come one way or the other.

The cost to China in the long run is instability and revolution. The rest of the world will gang-up on China economically and they will be forced to take the next step towards capitalism, full private ownership. THAT is the day I worry about China as a global competitor. They have the work ethic and they are getting the technology.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2007 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:
This is actually a great question!

In the short term, monetary policy can have an impact but it is unsustainable over the long term. In the end, productivity rules the nest and when the PEOPLE of China become too disillusioned with having to work 10 hour days for slave wages only to see the comsumers of their labors profit and thrive, they will rise-up! China has tried to stave off insurrection since the fall of Moscow opened their eyes. They can not compete in a global economy and keep pace with the west. Hence, they have learned that Communism can not work. However, unlike the chaotic transition Russia went through (and still is going through) China decided to take their medicine in small doses with a transistion to a market driven economy. This has made China LOOK stronger that it really is. When ever you open a new market the flood gates open and investment money pours in. Just like the Dot Coms of the 90s money is rolling in by the truck load. But in the end, these investments must see returns. As long as China can continue to supply a steady supply of slave labor the profits will be there. The problem they face however is that there is no such thing as a "little" freeedom. The people will want freedom and it will come one way or the other.

The cost to China in the long run is instability and revolution. The rest of the world will gang-up on China economically and they will be forced to take the next step towards capitalism, full private ownership. THAT is the day I worry about China as a global competitor. They have the work ethic and they are getting the technology.

yes, I've said this many times too. they have created a middle class - and this means many people with something to lose. and, things get ugly when that something gets threatened.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2007 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So just how long are we supposed to put up with the crap from countries like China?

This is not really a question, but look back. 40 years to when Honda sent cars over here in the beginning, they not only sent rusting crap buckets, but sent them here and sold them for less than what it cost them to build just to sell products here.

Why do we allow this crap?

------------------

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2007 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
undercutting to establish a market is a normal thing. "intraductory rates" is probably something you've seen plenty of. Honda now builds here. it forced the "big three" to take a 2nd look and improve quality. you remember what them hunks of crap the "big three" put out 40 years ago? oversized sloppy rust buckets. it took them 20 years to catch up again. competition is good. when its done fairly. being unaccountable to the environment & the workers is NOT fair tho. this is one of the problems with china. but, the people WILL demand their due. the farming filth, the industrial filth & the lifestyle filth will become to much. remember SARS? filth disease. and, I am sure its not alone, or the last.
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2007 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the economy good?????? No...
I'm making more money, have fewer bills, but I have less money remaining after paying the "normal" expenses. That's normally called inflation. In the last ten years the cost of living has gone out of sight as far as i'm concerned. I think we're riding on a bubble that's going to burst one of these days.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-30-2007 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2farnorth:

You are mismanaging your money... just ask the experts.. or Toadster... He can tell you and his decree alone it means its an undeniable fact.
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

52 week range 11,423.60 to 14,121.00

Going back up! no big surprise here.

Funny how a 200 point change in a day or two pannicks people when it dropped over 800 points in a few the weeks before, Whats that 20 billion dollars? heh

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2farnorth:

I'm making more money, have fewer bills, but I have less money remaining after paying the "normal" expenses. That's normally called inflation. In the last ten years the cost of living has gone out of sight as far as i'm concerned. I think we're riding on a bubble that's going to burst one of these days.

The bubble that folks *were* riding on for several years was cheap gasoline. The current price is in line with inflation. It's a bummer that the prices went up all at once, but they should have been going up steadily, to where they are now, over a long period of time anyway.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by 84Bill:

You are mismanaging your money... just ask the experts.. or Toadster... He can tell you and his decree alone it means its an undeniable fact.

Hmmm, here's a link to an article, and Toddster didn't write it...

Consumer Confidence Rebounds in July to 6-Year High Amid Healthy Employment Outlook

NEW YORK (AP) -- Consumer confidence hit a six-year high in July, a widely watched gauge of sentiment showed on Tuesday, as Americans shrugged off falling home prices to focus on a healthy jobs market, instead.

The New York-based Conference Board said that its Consumer Confidence Index, rebounded to 112.6, its highest level since August 2001 when it recorded a 114.0 reading. That compared to a revised 105.3 in June. The July 24 cutoff for the preliminary survey of 5,000 U.S. households was before last week's stock market tumble, however.

"An improvement in business conditions and the job market has lifted consumers' spirits in July," said Lynn Franco, director of The Conference Board Consumer Research Center. "Looking ahead, consumers are more upbeat about short-term economic prospects, mainly the result of a decline in the number of pessimists, not an increase in the number of optimists. This rebound in confidence suggests economic activity may gather a little momentum in the coming months."

Here is the link. Its byline is AP.
PFF
System Bot
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Hmmm, here's a link to an article, and Toddster didn't write it...

Consumer Confidence Rebounds in July to 6-Year High Amid Healthy Employment Outlook

[.

Heh, beat me to it!
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bill you are what's wrong with this country. Instead of using the expertise of those who have spent a lifetime learning a skill or trade to help improve your life you would prefer to sit in your van down by the river and piss and moan about the fact that you aren't respected for not knowing jack.

My opinion is not FACT...it's just INFORMED.

Try it sometime.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Toddster

20871 posts
Member since May 2001

So just how long are we supposed to put up with the crap from countries like China?

This is not really a question, but look back. 40 years to when Honda sent cars over here in the beginning, they not only sent rusting crap buckets, but sent them here and sold them for less than what it cost them to build just to sell products here.

Why do we allow this crap?

This has a lot to do with Asian Culture. The economic of the Far East is centered around CASH FLOW rather than PROFIT like in the west. That is why we often have trade disputes with Eastern countries. They figure that we are all here temporarily and it does not matter if a company survives beyond it's founder whereas the American ethos has been to build a lasting monument with business.

The practice of "dumping" has been curtailed dramatically since the 70s but still goes on through shell companies in South America. For this reason alone, NAFTA does not include South America or we'd be in REAL trouble now!

Tarrifs are a double edged sword so imposing them hurts us more than it helps us. Our best solution is to build in incentives for local producers instead of slapping the hand of foriegn producers. Hence, tax cuts, investment tax credits, long term government leases and yes, that dirty word, subsidies.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-31-2007 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tinkerster:
Bill you are what's wrong with this country.

Within that microspeck you call a brain that may be so but in the grander scheme of things, which is WAY too far beyond the tip of your nose to even be considered, is simply untrue. That comes as no great shock to me you would feel that way.. Stupid... but not shocking.

Instead of using the expertise of those who have spent a lifetime learning a skill or trade to help improve your life you would prefer to sit in your van down by the river and piss and moan about the fact that you aren't respected for not knowing jack.

Kloddster,
I wouldnt trust you to the most mundane of tasks. Regardless of your haughty self affirmations and delusions of grandure you are indeed a pathetic excuse and poor example of a human being let alone an american. Your child nearly drown because you were too busy primping yourself or something... as I recall... Anyway... With that, may he who is without sin cast the first heap of bull pucky.

My opinion is not FACT...it's just INFORMED.

May I suggest.... Get better informed.
Better yet, look past the mirror if thats possible, maybe see a sphincter.. I mean shrink for that whacked out head of yours and get some new meds.

Try it sometime.

I'm sure I have and done a hell of alot more trying that you ever thought of or would care to indulge in.

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 07-31-2007).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kloddster,
I wouldnt trust you to the most mundane of tasks. Regardless of your haughty self affirmations and delusions of grandure you are indeed a pathetic excuse and poor example of a human being let alone an american. Your child nearly drown because you were too busy primping yourself or something... as I recall... Anyway... With that, may he who is without sin cast the first heap of bull pucky.

I have trusted him with over $2 million in real estate sales, and he hasn't let me down yet. What could *you* do for a guy like me, Bill? What sort of expertise do you have to add to the mix?

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-31-2007 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have trusted him with over $2 million in real estate sales, and he hasn't let me down yet.

:::golfclap:::

What could *you* do for a guy like me, Bill? What sort of expertise do you have to add to the mix?

What are you looking for?
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What are you looking for?

If you have to ask, why would I hire you?

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-31-2007 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you have to ask, why would I hire you?

If you require an answer to that question, you definatly nee to hire me. I "can" provide it but only if the price is right.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post07-31-2007 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wrote something to post here a while go, but my laptop ate it!! (it didn´t die as a result, so I will just say the gist of it here... )
Devaluation of a national currency isn´t always a bad thing..it makes exports cheaper....and re-balances the economy. Unfortunately, the Industrial Manufacturing base of the US seems to have shrunk so badly, the goods to export and take advantage of their associated cheapness just aren´t there in big enough numbers..so it is a problem, rather than an opportunity to regroup...
Nick
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

I wrote something to post here a while go, but my laptop ate it!! (it didn´t die as a result, so I will just say the gist of it here... )
Devaluation of a national currency isn´t always a bad thing..it makes exports cheaper....and re-balances the economy. Unfortunately, the Industrial Manufacturing base of the US seems to have shrunk so badly, the goods to export and take advantage of their associated cheapness just aren´t there in big enough numbers..so it is a problem, rather than an opportunity to regroup...
Nick

Unfortunately for the U.S., we import more than we export and a devalued U.S. Dollar makes everything made overseas more expensive. And if you look at the tags of almost every product in our stores - that's most products.
PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:
Unfortunately for the U.S., we import more than we export and a devalued U.S. Dollar makes everything made overseas more expensive. And if you look at the tags of almost every product in our stores - that's most products.

maybe this is for another thread - but - what are the USA's exports? I know we do have ALOT more than most people think, but food is all thats coming to mind right now...?
Uaana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

maybe this is for another thread - but - what are the USA's exports? I know we do have ALOT more than most people think, but food is all thats coming to mind right now...?

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/us.html#Econ

Exports - commodities:
agricultural products (soybeans, fruit, corn) 9.2%, industrial supplies (organic chemicals) 26.8%, capital goods (transistors, aircraft, motor vehicle parts, computers, telecommunications equipment) 49.0%, consumer goods (automobiles, medicines) 15.0% (2003)

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84IQ:

I'm sure I have and done a hell of alot more trying that you ever thought of or would care to indulge in.

That's the problem. I have no doubt that you really beileve that.

sigh...
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

sigh...

So how about Mr. know it all answering the questions we posted, Buddy and I?

I will repeat mine.

How does the ratchet mechanism inside the rear brake caliper pistons work?

Can it be rebuilt?

Edited because,
Oops my bad, wrong thread, they were one on top of the other when I posted this. But then you have stopped posting on the other thread.

------------------

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 08-01-2007).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

Mostly agriculture, but we also export cars and trucks. I'm sure cosmetics, clothing, etc. Craftsman tools made in the U.S.... etc.
But you hear continually about the "trade deficit" and that's where the devalued dollar bites us since we import much more than we export.
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it is nice to pay the mortgage with deflated dollars anyway.

We also export a lot of steel and ore so they can make cheap crap and sell it back to us.

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So how about Mr. know it all answering the questions we posted, Buddy and I?

I will repeat mine.

How does the ratchet mechanism inside the rear brake caliper pistons work?

Can it be rebuilt?

OK, I'm not even going to bother reading back over the entire thread to find this question for the simple and obvious reason that even if I DID notice it, what the hell does this have to do with the economy?

Jeremiah

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JeremiahSend a Private Message to JeremiahEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't say I'm too worried about the economy. Mixed political situations where one branch of the government is one party and another is the other are always a good thing to keep taxes AND spending low. Our trade deficit has me worried, the sinking of the US $ is encouraging other nations to switch to international sales with the Euro and purchasing Euros and not US dollars, which means they're going to want to cash in their US bucks, and the feds will have to pay up with money they don't have.

Overall, I don't think there is anything to worry about or look forward to.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-01-2007 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Turddster:

sigh...

K riste.
Judging by all the negative BS you hurl around regarding my opinions on certin subjects I'd have to say you dont even venture in though the places I have been let alone gained the first hand experience I posess.

Unlike you, I dispell myth while you try to play the part of the all knowing all seeing oracle. Opinions greatly differ from experience which you claim to have in all cases at all times... which makes you a walking bullshit factory.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 46 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock