Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  For those that think imported goods sold in America are a good thing. (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
For those that think imported goods sold in America are a good thing. by 84fiero123
Started on: 07-22-2007 11:08 AM
Replies: 275 (4259 views)
Last post by: Back On Holiday on 08-27-2007 12:41 AM
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is on my wife’s homesteading forum and just goes to show all those that say imports are good should buy a pair of these.

Ya lets let the Wal Marts of the world take over and buy all those good import products.

You decide.

http://www.lamanaphotography.com/walmart.htm

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting. Problem with your shoe example is that for the past at least 15 years, 95% of the shoes sold in the US are imported. I think all that's made in the US are work boots.
I avoid Walmarts as much as I can. Walmart gets about .5% of my income, if that. Now, that's not to say I won't buy imports. You just can't avoid it anymore. And, Target gets my money instead of Walmart. So one devil gets my money over another devil

[This message has been edited by aceman (edited 07-22-2007).]

RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont know but I purchase lots of things at walmart, including food, and have not had any problems. You can probably find products at any store that are defective. Sorry, China is the cheap labor market of the world right now, and so they do most of the manufacturing. If walmart was such a terriable place then people would stop going there and they would go out of business, but the fact is that I save money by going there.
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post07-22-2007 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She had a reaction to the chemicals and was burned. That could have happened in America made too. Unless every one gets the same burns its only an issue for a few people. Since the news hasn't said anything about a rash of burns from China made Wal*Mart sold flip flops I think this is a non-issue.

[This message has been edited by Phranc (edited 07-22-2007).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As Phranc said: American made products have done things like this too. Think Pharma companies. Think GM and unsafe automobiles and so on.

While it's unfortunate that happen to that woman, she did say she kept on wearing them flip-flops over and over again. Wal-Mart should at least look into it and pull it off the shelves.

But I'm sure some "slip-and-fall" greedy asss John Edwards mofo is going to come in looking to line his pockets up with millions for this.

CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RotrexFiero:I save money by going there.

Walmart is the symbol of so many things wrong with our country, both from the economic view of where they get their goods, how they push out small businesses, and the problems of their workforce being almost completely supported by government welfare dollars.
GTPat

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTPatSend a Private Message to GTPatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CTFieroGT87:

Walmart is the symbol of so many things wrong with our country, both from the economic view of where they get their goods, how they push out small businesses, and the problems of their workforce being almost completely supported by government welfare dollars.

I`ve never been to a WalMart...I`ll never go to a WalMart...I don`t like their policies...Frontline had a very good documentory on them about a year or so ago. Look it up if you get a chance to.
Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-22-2007 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CTFieroGT87:

How is cheaper goods and less accumulated debt bad? Most small businesses don't get pushed out. They fail to keep up with capitalistic growth. I've seen plenty of small shops keep going by altering business structure. The work force is supported by welfare how exactly? The average Wal*Mart worker makes over $8 and hour. It is an entry level job with entry level pay. People from all social economic levels shop at Wal*Mart. Its not just poor people.

Wal*Mart gets a bad reputation because it is successful. It is the American dream realized. And as a side note I was an active participent is keeping Wal*Mart from oping a store on the other side of the highway when there was one store 5 miles south and another 10 miles north. So don't think I love Wal*Mart. I just don't like the dishonesty perpetuated about it.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two problems here - imported crap, for sure, but the primary bad guy here is Wal-Mart - a U.S. company. We don't why the shoes burned your feet. It may have been intentional use of substandard materials, or it could have been a mistake that affected only a portion of production. But Wal-Mart's stonewalling effectively keeps the source of the problem from being found and fixed.

I try to buy American whenever possible, but that's increasingly hard to do. Many products just aren't make in the U.S. anymore. And with so many "global" companies, how do you define what is American? Which is more American, a Honda, Toyota, or BMW made in the U.S. or a Chevy made in Canada or Mexico?

If you have a local news crew that does consumer product spotlights, give them a call. This could be a great opportunity for them to do some investigative reporting. Nothing like a camera crew showing up to give someone a reality check. If a lawsuit gets files, be sure to go for class action status.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Ya lets let the Wal Marts of the world take over and buy all those good import products.

You decide.

http://www.lamanaphotography.com/walmart.htm

Cha ching!
Derek_85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Derek_85GTSend a Private Message to Derek_85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I try to give Wal-Mart as little money as possible and to support local businesses whenever possible, but it isn't always possible. Just about the only things I buy at Wal-Mart these days are toys (yes, I know, I am 20, but I will be buying Hot Wheels cars until the day I die) and toiletries. You can't find that stuff anywhere else...it happens. I just do not like what Wal-Mart stands for, even if it is technically capitalism at it's best, so I choose to give them as little of my money as possible. But hey, it's a free country, shop where you want, I just like shopping where I feel I get the best service, even if they aren't the absolute lowest prices.

~ Derek
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I usually shop for the typical "stuff" at Target.
Although I go to Sam's club every few weeks (we buy a lot of stuff in bulk), I hate going to Wal Mart.
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that any American that buys anything made in China is a fool.

Your most powerful vote is how and where you spend your dollars!

This subject would make a good thread on it's own.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Umm, isn't Vodka imported, .
Heh, I don't like Wal-Mart either. They will give an employee 39 hours a week to keep them from being full time with benifits. Their cleaning contractors were illegal aliens. They do drive the Mom and Pops out. Most of all, the stuff they sell is a one size fits all kind of thing. ehh, Home Depot and Lowes are the same in that manner.
I do buy some stuff there. I think I have been there twice in the last three months. I will buy the everday stuff everyone needs. I would not buy a TV there. Nor clothes. Nor food unless I am shopping sales/prices.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Red88FF:

I think that any American that buys anything made in China is a fool.

Try buying brake rotors then. Most if not all are you guessed it, MADE IN CHINA

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula T-tops
CJB 143 of 1252 "factory T-top cars"

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phranc:

She had a reaction to the chemicals and was burned. That could have happened in America made too. Unless every one gets the same burns its only an issue for a few people. Since the news hasn't said anything about a rash of burns from China made Wal*Mart sold flip flops I think this is a non-issue.

Gee I just heard Wal Mart is going to start installing windows to compete with you. Use illegal aliens and smuggled in glass. Now how do you feel?

------------------

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004

Originally posted by htexans1:

Try buying brake rotors then. Most if not all are you guessed it, MADE IN CHINA

Up here they are made in Canada, I would rather give my money to a Canadian than a Chinaman.

------------------

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Derek_85GT: Just about the only things I buy at Wal-Mart these days are toys (yes, I know, I am 20, but I will be buying Hot Wheels cars until the day I die) and toiletries. You can't find that stuff anywhere else...it happens.

Wal-Mart is the only store in Pennsylvania that sells toys and toiletries?
You need to get out more.

Try any number of drug stores, Target, K-Mart, Sears ... god, the list is endless.
Now you might not be able to buy a 5 gallon bucket of pickles for a dollar at those other places, but there are plenty of alternatives to Wal-Mart for toys and toiletries.
Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-22-2007 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gee I just heard Wal Mart is going to start installing windows to compete with you. Use illegal aliens and smuggled in glass. Now how do you feel?

I feel like your ignorant trolling comment has bearing on the real world. But I heard they would do it all with unionized worker. How does that make you feel. Now if your done with the BS why would you rather give your money to a Canadian that can just go sit at a job bank and make absurd amounts of money in a union instead of a china man who just moved from the substance farming sector where he was a burden to his family to the city to work in a factory making stuff? Is it race? Geopolitics? Or do you just like keeping other people poor? Are you afraid of the competition? Whats makes the China man so different you would discriminate against him?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm. Costco is the place I buy most of my items; ranging from the basics (some canned food, toletries items) to electronics. The last time I've entered a Wallyworld store was 3-4 yrs ago and there stores have a very bad smell too. If its cheap brand name clothing, I go to Ross stores. I was at a Target store last month to buy a cheaper CD music since they've ran out of town Wherehouse and Tower Records.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-22-2007).]

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it's been my personal experience from knowing people from china and former east germany that people from behind either the bamboo or iron curtains believe that if they can get away with something, it's OK. if there's no rule against something, no problem. if there's a rule, go around it. if they kill a few thousand consumers, no problem, they'll breed more.

in the quest for cheap products and higher profits for importers and mega-retailers who influence foreign policy, we've invited these folks into our closets, kitchens, bathrooms and workshops. as noted above, many auto parts are chinese. it's difficult if not impossible to get US-made electronics. now theyre working on importing chinese automobiles, which are made with substandard materials, stolen patents and are basically unsafe.

now we have a problem. american workers are out of jobs, locally owned businesses are pushed out, and we get products that poison us, our pets and our livestock. and we're financing one of the more repressive regimes on the planet. but what choice do we have? in the short run, the economics are compelling. in the long run, we're killing ourselves.

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 07-22-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Derek_85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Derek_85GTSend a Private Message to Derek_85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Wal-Mart is the only store in Pennsylvania that sells toys and toiletries?
You need to get out more.

Try any number of drug stores, Target, K-Mart, Sears ... god, the list is endless.
Now you might not be able to buy a 5 gallon bucket of pickles for a dollar at those other places, but there are plenty of alternatives to Wal-Mart for toys and toiletries.

Well, when I am shopping near Target I will go there, but it is over 20 minutes from my house. The rest have shut down in my area and I cannot patronize them anymore Personally I would rather actually purchase at Wal-Mart over the chain drug stores since they have felt it necessary to put one on every damned corner. Most mom and pop places in my area have already been run out of business, so pickings are getting slim. And just as a side note, if I saw a 5 gallon bucket of pickles at Wal-Mart I would buy it on sheer principle...man I love pickles.

~ Derek
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, Blame Walmart... Tow that Union Line. Never mind that Target, Kmart/Sears, and every other Retailer and Grocery on the continent buys from China and the other substandard manufacturers as well. Oh Wait... You can't call it sub standard... They Don't Have Any Standards so how can they be below standards that don't exist? Or did you all miss the major F'up over poison pet food ingredients and toxic toothpaste recently as well? The pet food fiasco included brands never sold anywhere except pet supply stores. The toothpaste has shown up all over North and South America. But so far Not at Walmart that I've heard of.

Every single major manufacturer in U.S. has moved out to Mexico, China and other countries. And it's nothing to do with Walmart. I know at least some people here have been following Delphi. Carrier stopped making nearly all AC products in the U.S. about 20 years ago, where they didn't just stop making products completely. GE and everyone else has been moving out of the U.S. right along with them. Those Dell, HP, Gateway, and other computers sitting in front of you all right now are at best using some U.S. assembly. Most of the parts are made in China, Taiwan, S. Korea and everywhere but the U.S. Even if you built the computer yourself odds are extremely high most of the parts you bought were not U.S. made. It's virtually impossible to find wholly U.S. made electronics.

This started long before Walmart was even a small factor in retail or grocery. You can bet that the same nasty, inferior, products are in your local Dollar General, Kmart, and other stores. They are also in your kids "happy meal" and so on. Go look at the list of toys recalled by the CPSC, which includes BK McD and most other chains children's meal items at one time or another. McD and BK have had multiple recalls.

The only real reason we keep hearing about Walmart is because they have managed to keep the Unions out. Union Retailers and Grocery carry the same import crap as Walmart and have for many years. And they started carrying it long before Walmart was even a small thorn in their profit margins. No other major retailer would have been any nicer about the flip flops above. Just like Microsoft, Apple and Dell don't give a rats ass when something goes wrong with stuff they sell. It has to be a complete disaster to get most companies to do much about a problem any more. Xbox 360 problems are going to cost MS allot more than a couple billion before it's all over. The original Xbox was catching fire and they still didn't properly fix them. (The real problem was a defective power supply inside the unit. Not a power cord. The power cord with fuse was just a cheap mask.)

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurasic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top of every forum page...)

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I feel like your ignorant trolling comment has bearing on the real world. But I heard they would do it all with unionized worker. How does that make you feel. Now if your done with the BS why would you rather give your money to a Canadian that can just go sit at a job bank and make absurd amounts of money in a union instead of a china man who just moved from the substance farming sector where he was a burden to his family to the city to work in a factory making stuff? Is it race? Geopolitics? Or do you just like keeping other people poor? Are you afraid of the competition? Whats makes the China man so different you would discriminate against him?

At least a Canadian built rotor has some steel made up to American Steel standards. Ever buy a wrench made in china? Half the time the size is wrong the other half the steel is so soft the wrench strips.

If they are going to sell a product here it should at least be of a grade equal to those that they are replacing, parts wise.

And yes Wal Mart does drive out the mom and pop stores. Then they raise the prices after their competition is gone. I have seen it here in Maine at my local store.

They drove out the local suppliers of pet foods that they sell and them once all other suppliers are gone they raise their prices.

You want everything made in other countries, keep supporting them.

Get an education. Ya right that did all those guys at HP a lot of good, now when you call tech support you can’t understand the guy because of his Indian accent.

Every company is trying to send as much as possible overseas. Lets help them by buying their products.(Sarcasm)

20 years, that’s all I give this country, 20 years and we will be a third world nation. You will be working, if you can find a job, for someone like Turdster who is God all mighty, as far as he is concerned anyway.

If you can even find a job.

You that say an education will save us are sadly mistaken, ask the guys who lost their jobs at HP to India.

Global Economy, the war cry of the corporate world so that they can make millions and put every American out of work.

Problem is, if no one in America has a job, no one can afford these Globally made products. Even at their low prices.

Do what you want, do what you feel is right.

------------------

loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's kind of funny how everyone bashes the quality of Chinese goods, but American automanufacturers like GM actually spend extra time on vehicles bound for China because their market demands a higher quality product. Now if only we could get these same quality Chinese bound GM's over on this side of the pond.

http://www.washingtonpost.c...AR2007071901266.html

Edit: Did some more digging and it turns out these higher quality GM's are actually assembled in their Shanghai China plant, not imported from the US.

[This message has been edited by loafer87gt (edited 07-22-2007).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loafer87gt:

Edit: Did some more digging and it turns out these higher quality GM's are actually assembled in their Shanghai China plant, not imported from the US.

Of course they are they have to be or they get a higher tariff on them.

------------------

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 07-22-2007).]

Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-22-2007 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Of course they are they have to be or they get a higher tariff on them.

Ummmmmmmm..... No. The QUALITY meaning the cars are built better in China then in America (Canada/Mexico).

Its a shame you're such a bitter old man. I'm sure in 20 years when this is a 3rd world country ( yeah right like will ever happen) you will still be crying about everything. Do you have a clue why America is so great? Because you can create your own job. Or if you're like me 15 of them from nothing. All with out your unions. You just sit there and be crotchety while the rest of us move on with out you.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ummmmmmmm..... No. The QUALITY meaning the cars are built better in China then in America (Canada/Mexico).

Its a shame you're such a bitter old man. I'm sure in 20 years when this is a 3rd world country ( yeah right like will ever happen) you will still be crying about everything. Do you have a clue why America is so great? Because you can create your own job. Or if you're like me 15 of them from nothing. All with out your unions. You just sit there and be crotchety while the rest of us move on with out you.

If I recall, and I may be wrong my memory is shot from the stroke, but didn’t quite a few of those fail?

Good for you, file bankruptcy and move on to the next one.

------------------

Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-22-2007 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You would be wrong. Your memory does fail you.

Why would I file for bankruptcy exactly?
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You would be wrong. Your memory does fail you.

Why would I file for bankruptcy exactly?

You said before that some of your companies has failed.

------------------

aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Henry Ford failed a couple times before Ford Motor Company was created. What's your point? Most businesses in America fail.

Better to have tried and failed than sit on the porch and ***** about how you would have done this or that and everything would have been a success.

Armchair quarterback.
PFF
System Bot
Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-22-2007 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You said before that some of your companies has failed.

Seeing as I've only had one and its doing swimmingly that statement would be incorrect.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Or if you're like me 15 of them from nothing. All with out your unions. You just sit there and be crotchety while the rest of us move on with out you.

Ah so you are also a pathological liar to.

------------------

Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-22-2007 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ah so you are also a pathological liar to.

No your anilitical skills and reading comprehension suck with other upper level thinking skills. Show me where I said I created 15 companies. I said 15 jobs. That would include my employees. Now if your done calling me a lier with mis-contextualized quotes I'd gladly accept an apology.

[This message has been edited by Phranc (edited 07-22-2007).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No your anilitical skills and reading comprehension suck with other upper level thinking skills. Show me where I said I created 15 companies. I said 15 jobs. That would include my employees. Now if your done calling me a lier with mis-contextualized quotes I'd gladly accept an apology.

I no longer can work, or didn’t you comprehend that? I loose the use of my legs at times and with my being on blood thinners, from the stroke no one would hire me.

Education is out as I forget most things as soon as I read them. That could be the reason I misinterpreted what you wrote.

Now maybe I will apologize for calling you a liar but at least I can spell the word. Even without spell check.

------------------

Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-22-2007 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I no longer can work, or didn’t you comprehend that? I loose the use of my legs at times and with my being on blood thinners, from the stroke no one would hire me.

Education is out as I forget most things as soon as I read them. That could be the reason I misinterpreted what you wrote.

Now maybe I will apologize for calling you a liar but at least I can spell the word. Even without spell check.

What does your not being able to work have to do with anything?

Spell check doesn't come up with it spelled wrong because "lier" is a legit word. Now since your desperate attempt to make me look bad has made you feel special. And you've given some sob story about why you mis-comprehended my post. And posted a quote out of context to bolster your dishonest argument which has shown your wrong and grasping for a proverbial high ground you wont find. You should apologize instead of saying that maybe you will. It will go a long in recovering some of your credibility.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What does your not being able to work have to do with anything?

Spell check doesn't come up with it spelled wrong because "lier" is a legit word. Now since your desperate attempt to make me look bad has made you feel special. And you've given some sob story about why you mis-comprehended my post. And posted a quote out of context to bolster your dishonest argument which has shown your wrong and grasping for a proverbial high ground you wont find. You should apologize instead of saying that maybe you will. It will go a long in recovering some of your credibility.

No sob story just telling you that I have reading comprehension, memory problems because of a stroke.

My credibility has never been questioned by anyone other than you union haters. When I show proof of the things I say people like you and other union haters just forget them. I have an excuse for my problems, the stroke has impaired my reading retention skills.

What is your excuse.

Would you like a copy of my doctors letter to the disability board.

If I comprehension of what you wrote made me state something incorrectly then I do apologize.

Now how about you?

------------------

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the unions are a part of the problem. there was a time when they were the solution, when workplaces were very dangerous, and the workers were paid just enough to keep them alive for another shift. there was a reason they were called "wage slaves". unions helped change that, and it was good.

however, in the last 30 years unions have gotten out of control. in part, it's been because they were doing their job, taking care of the workers, but sometimes it's to coddle the union hierarchy, often at the expense of the workers. just like any organization, power tends to concentrate at the top, and the top of any organization takes care of themselves first and best. when the pendulum swings again, unions will be necessary again, but right now they're part of the problem, not the solution

we have a whole collection of problems contributing to the malaise, the rise of mega stores driving out small business, high domestic wages for (some) workers enlarging markets for cheap imports, high executive salaries and bonuses unrelated to long-term success or failure... the list goes on.

in the midst of all this is the illegal immigration/cheap labor/illegal hiring problem, and the foreign energy dependency problem. im'm sure we could come up with more. The United States is in for hard times, and i think 20-30 years is a reasonable timeline. weve got a bunch of people "employed" in iraq and afghanistan, and a lot more people employed making the things they use. when/if the "war" ends, those folks will have to find something to do.

historically americans have been tough, resourceful and adaptable people who rise to any challenge. i once asked my father who served in ww2 about "the greatest generation", and what that title implied about succeeding generations. he said that people of his generation were just as decadent and self-absorbed as mine, and that they rose to meet the occasion. it wasnt easy, and the outcome was far from certain. hopefully he was right, we are our fathers' sons and will meet these challenges too.

I am concerned, however. in the last couple of decades the situation has changed. we no longer have the security of thousand mile salt water moats, we're already straining to fight a couple of insurgencies, and perhaps most important, we've allowed our heavy industries to decline. you cant build tanks, jets, and aircraft carriers from plastic, or from simulators. while i have no doubt that if sufficiently provoked the people of the United States will willingly bear the burden, i do have doubts that we will have the tools to do the job.

politics plays a part here. the last several administrations (clinton and bush) have stifled or squandered our economic, military and industrial strength, and we're undercutting the individual liberties that made us strong in the name of feel-good "security" and short-term profit. i'm not convinced that in 30 or 40 years this will be the same country my father fought for. there is no magic in the name USA that will protect us from decline if we refuse to see or act on it. maybe it's inevitable , empires come and go. third-world? no. second-rate? quite possibly.

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 07-22-2007).]

Phranc

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-22-2007 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No sob story just telling you that I have reading comprehension, memory problems because of a stroke.

My credibility has never been questioned by anyone other than you union haters. When I show proof of the things I say people like you and other union haters just forget them. I have an excuse for my problems, the stroke has impaired my reading retention skills.

What is your excuse.
Would you like a copy of my doctors letter to the disability board.

If I comprehension of what you wrote made me state something incorrectly then I do apologize.

Now how about you?

My excuse for what exactly?

I accept your apology.

Now how about me what exactly?
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2007 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I usually shop for the typical "stuff" at Target.
Although I go to Sam's club every few weeks (we buy a lot of stuff in bulk), I hate going to Wal Mart.

Did you not know that Sams IS Wal Mart?
Its named for Sam Walton. He founded both stores.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock