Started on: 06-07-2007 07:05 PM
Replies: 449 (15907 views)
Last post by: FIEROPHREK on 08-05-2008 02:32 PM
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:
If someone wants to see Archie build a 600 HP monster, I'm sure he'd be willing to oblige once your credit card is approved.

As I understand it, (and somebody please correct me if I'm wrong), the car in the video was not done for a customer, but purchased specifically to show off Archie's new 6 speed swap kit. Is that right?

It would make sense to me in an advertising sense then, for Archie to build an "ultimate fiero". Something that runs 10's reliably, 6 speed V8, built with his kit. Something he can show off at the different car shows and get more customers. The question then is why not.... I don't think it's a cost issue, but a reliability issue. There just isn't a transverse tranny that can take more than 400hp reliably without blowing itself up. Having the "ultimate fiero" eat transmissions would be a PR nightmare.
IP: Logged
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crzyone:

All I have to say is that the motor in the video is definitly out of tune, obvious by the black smoke in the upper rpm range.

With a good dyno tune the engine could easily pick up 20+hp. Thats what dynos are for, tuning. Its a benefit that you get to see your power at the wheels. Adjusting a carb by ear is not an accurate tuning method.

so go tune it then.
not your job you say? well its not Archies either.
its cute y'all think he's some kind of Fiero god, but c'mon, he is just a guy installing V8 into Fieros. and not even his own V8's. you bring him a sloppy smoke belching V8 - you are gonna get a Fiero that belches smoke. He has no magic "anti-smoke" potion he rubs on. but, it is cute you think he can.....
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When we judge a swap, we should look at the HP number but we should also look at the cost per HP. If 230 or 250 HP is the number, why bother with a V8? The turbo 3.4L dyno video that I posted last week showed 397 ft lbs of torque and 336 RWHP from a 3.4L. Take a look.
[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watc...gV4oA[/youtube]Tioga runs mid 13's in the 1/4 mile with this 3.4L engine in a Camaro. 3800SC's in Fieros usually do even better. I believe that Don Kraus 3800 has already hit the 10's. Nothing against the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaqYdpgV4oAV8 in a Fiero but why use one?

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo- 0-60 5.2 seconds
2006 3800SC Series III swap in progress
Engine Controls, PCM goodies,
re-programming & odd electronics stuff
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 06-08-2007).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
why bother with a V8?

Because that's what the customer wants.

crzyone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

so go tune it then.
its cute y'all think he's some kind of Fiero god, but c'mon, he is just a guy installing V8 into Fieros. and not even his own V8's. you bring him a sloppy smoke belching V8 - you are gonna get a Fiero that belches smoke. He has no magic "anti-smoke" potion he rubs on. but, it is cute you think he can.....

WTF are you talking about? I stated an observation. Where the hell are you comming from exactly? The "smoke" is black meaning that its running very RICH. Its not blue meaning its burning oil. This can be fixed by leaning out the carb. Do some homework.

[This message has been edited by crzyone (edited 06-08-2007).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WTF are you talking about? I stated an observation. Where the hell are you comming from exactly? The "smoke" is black meaning that its running very RICH. Its not blue meaning its burning oil. This can be fixed by leaning out the carb. Do some homework.

Tuning can certainly be done. But this wasn't a test and tune session. With as many people as were waiting to get their turn on the dyno, I doubt many (if any) were tuning and running multiple times. Only 1 run means you get what you rolled in with - perfectly tuned or not.
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Granted. Archie said he went to another dyno and got 20 more hp, did he tune to get more hp or was he still running pig rich? He had the WB02 in the exhaust pipe, curious to see what the readings were.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am coming from a place that knows that not all SBC's are the same, and just becauise "Archie" installs them, they dont magicly transform. and, more so - that installation is NOT tuning. just because Archie installs it, it does not magicly tune itself. a transmission adapter plate will not make a SBC run stoich. no homework required. Archie is just a guy installing SBC's in Fiero's. that is it. he is not a magical being. he cannot magicly transform a 185 hp TBI 350 into a 400 HP 377. your Fiero will contain the motor you provided or requested. that is it.

but, if you want to go and do his tuning for him, go right ahead. I am sure the customers would LOVE a free dyno tuning. especially from someone who does homework.
GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just to note, the classic, high revving 377 is made from a 400 block and 350 crank. You can also make a 377 using a standard bore 350 with a 400 crank. Now that yeilds a 383 with a 0.030 overbore, but standard bore engines make it a 377. Now you may instantly think, hey, 0.030 on a 350 gives 5 more cubes, wouldnt that be a 378? no because remember your increasing the stroke still and that 0.030 will give you almost another cube, and a 383 is a rounded up number anyway.

So standard bore 350 block with 400 crank, 377
400 block with 350 crank, 377

but either way, as said earlier, Archie installs what the customer wants. its not archies fault the car put down about 230 to the wheels, its the customers car and motor. if the cutomer wanted a 500hp SBC, then it would have made 500hp. but now that everything set up, down the line if the guy wants a motor with more power, he can put it in in a few hours

------------------

Fiero- mild 2.9 160hp
Caprice- wild 383 500hp
--Adam-- ASE Certified Technician
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed

[This message has been edited by GTFiero1 (edited 06-08-2007).]

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

When we judge a swap, we should look at the HP number but we should also look at the cost per HP. If 230 or 250 HP is the number, why bother with a V8? The turbo 3.4L dyno video that I posted last week showed 397 ft lbs of torque and 336 RWHP from a 3.4L. Take a look.
[youtube] Tioga]http://www.youtube.co...gV4oA[/youtube]Tioga runs mid 13's in the 1/4 mile with this 3.4L engine in a Camaro. 3800SC's in Fieros usually do even better. I believe that Don Kraus 3800 has already hit the 10's. Nothing against the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaqYdpgV4oAV8 in a Fiero but why use one?

Again you are taking things out of context and comparing apples to oranges. The Turbo 3.4L was on racing gas and the boost was cranked for the dyno run. The car does NOT drive daily with that much power. (As stated by the owner of the car.) The V-8 in the Fiero was a standard run-of-the-mill V-8. If you want to compare engines set up specifically for power, What are your comments on the LS1 that dyno'd 508hp in a Fiero??? What did it cost to put the turbo in the Firebird and how much was the cost for the custom heads he used? A brand new Crate LM1 with 265hp is only $1800. So please find out the cost of that turbo 3.4L and lets compare cost vs. power properly.

How much did you spend on YOUR turbo 3.4L? If I recall it was somewhere around $5000, right?
My V-8 brand new off-the-shelf was only $4000.
So you spent $20 per HP and I spent $11.27 per HP. (Even if I include the cost of the install kit it's still only $14.27 per HP.)
So since you go by cost per HP as a guideline, How much have you spent so far on the 3800SC?
Will you actually dyno this swap? Or will you just post G-tech 0-60 times and claim an extra 50hp as well?

With 336 rwhp and it only runs mid 13's???? I have 309 rwhp and I run low 12's. So why spend all that time and money on a turbo V-6 when a N/A crate V-8 will actually produce faster times with no mods to the engine?

If Don hit 10's before he sold the car, he did not note it in the 1/4 mile thread. Actually the only 10-second cars on the list are V-8's. FieroX should be in the 10's but he seems to kill transaxles before getting there. (I am hoping FieroX will be able to get a transaxle to hold all the power he's making and get some decent mid 10-second runs in.)

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 06-08-2007).]

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

so go tune it then.

They (RFT) think he's a Fiero god? Which forum are you reading? As best I can tell, the root of all this is that THIS forum treats Archie like an infallible Fiero god (even when he's lying) that has done the Fiero community some kind of incomparable service by making an adapter plate and some mounts. Its the pervasive attitude that a SBC V8 is the coolest or best swap for the Fiero soley because its a V8, which is king in America. Nevermind that the most of the most powerful cars on the forum are running V6s. Worse than that, its this air of superiority that Archie carries with him because he's been treated like royalty for so long. He can get away with anything, whether its name calling, lying or generally being rude and dismissive because no one seems to mind the double standard. Why does he have some clout that no one else does? He can stride around here saying that the V8 is the best engine for the Fiero (despite its distaste for FWD transmissions), that its the fastest way from 0-100, that turbo 4 bangers are only fast over 160mph, or on his site say...

Welcome to V-8 Archie's!! Here you will find the necessary products to make your Fiero smoke just about anything on the street. Not only do we know how to makeyour Fiero perform, we can help you make it look good also. Are you building that exotic kit car, but also want the power of the real thing? We can help. Not only do we concentrate on making quality products, but we have fast, friendly customer service.

...and when its time to put up or shut up, he either does neither or puts up a car that makes N/A V6 numbers and makes excuses (or lets others make them for him) about how he's no engine builder and its the owners engine choice and all on the owner, even when its the V8/6spd car he built for himself!

Disclaimer for the flamers: I have no vested interest in V8 Fieros. I live in a state where there are not an option. I do, however, have an interest in this board, and am sick of watching some members violate rules and act like jerks and get away with it because of their popularity while others are held to far more stringent standards.

[This message has been edited by Fastback 86 (edited 06-08-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastback 86:

...and when its time to put up or shut up, he either does neither or puts up a car that makes N/A V6 numbers and makes excuses (or lets others make them for him) about how he's no engine builder and its the owners engine choice and all on the owner, even when its the V8/6spd car he built for himself!

I think you missed the point made earlier that the car was built to showcase the 6-spd, Not max power out of a V-8.

What N/A V-6 in a Fiero makes 230-250 rwhp???

As for the quote from his website, Using his products to attach a GM crate engine to my car, It does make my car perform and the quality of his kit appears to be good since I have yet to hear anyone break a kit.
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am coming from a place that knows that not all SBC's are the same, and just becauise "Archie" installs them, they dont magicly transform. and, more so - that installation is NOT tuning. just because Archie installs it, it does not magicly tune itself. a transmission adapter plate will not make a SBC run stoich. no homework required. Archie is just a guy installing SBC's in Fiero's. that is it. he is not a magical being. he cannot magicly transform a 185 hp TBI 350 into a 400 HP 377. your Fiero will contain the motor you provided or requested. that is it.

but, if you want to go and do his tuning for him, go right ahead. I am sure the customers would LOVE a free dyno tuning. especially from someone who does homework.

Again, no idea where you are comming from. This is Archies car. Archie said he installed a 377. Turned out bad numbers on a dyno for a 377 and was obviously running very rich. Archie comes out and says he really installed a next to stock 350. 230whp isn't too bad for the motor he supposidly installed but it is obvious it could possibly make more power with a tune.

All I said was he could make more power with a tune! Where exactly did I say he MUST tune the car? It was an OBSERVATION. Get it?

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They (RFT) think he's a Fiero god? Which forum are you reading? As best I can tell, the root of all this is that THIS forum treats Archie like an infallible Fiero god (even when he's lying) that has done the Fiero community some kind of incomparable service by making an adapter plate and some mounts. Its the pervasive attitude that a SBC V8 is the coolest or best swap for the Fiero soley because its a V8, which is king in America. Nevermind that the most of the most powerful cars on the forum are running V6s. Worse than that, its this air of superiority that Archie carries with him because he's been treated like royalty for so long. He can get away with anything, whether its name calling, lying or generally being rude and dismissive because no one seems to mind the double standard. Why does he have some clout that no one else does? He can stride around here saying that the V8 is the best engine for the Fiero (despite its distaste for FWD transmissions), that its the fastest way from 0-100, that turbo 4 bangers are only fast over 160mph, or on his site say...

"Welcome to V-8 Archie's!! Here you will find the necessary products to make your Fiero smoke just about anything on the street. Not only do we know how to makeyour Fiero perform, we can help you make it look good also. Are you building that exotic kit car, but also want the power of the real thing? We can help. Not only do we concentrate on making quality products, but we have fast, friendly customer service."

Disclaimer for the flamers: I have no vested interest in V8 Fieros. I live in a state where there are not an option. I do, however, have an interest in this board, and am sick of watching some members violate rules and act like jerks and get away with it because of their popularity while others are held to far more stringent standards.

ooops - sorry - didnt mean to force you to buy a SBC. or make you feel so insignificant because you dont have one. and, sorry so many americans are free to choose whatever motor they want. oh, and sorry he really doesnt install the V8's he claims to install, or have body kits he claims to have.....yup...such a sham....
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pyrthian

29569 posts
Member since Jul 2002

Again, no idea where you are comming from. This is Archies car. Archie said he installed a 377. Turned out bad numbers on a dyno for a 377 and was obviously running very rich. Archie comes out and says he really installed a next to stock 350. 230whp isn't too bad for the motor he supposidly installed but it is obvious it could possibly make more power with a tune.

All I said was he could make more power with a tune! Where exactly did I say he MUST tune the car? It was an OBSERVATION. Get it?

so what? does it matter where I am coming from??
and more importantly - wtf is it to you what someone else does with their car? if someone wants a SBC - let them have SBC. observe all ya like. I care not.
if it is such a concern - race him or something, instead of standing around pointing & crying.

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

oh, and sorry he really doesnt install the V8's he claims to install

Well, actually...

Anyway, as the thread starter, I just wanted to find out what the deal was with this dyno. I'll leave what I think about Archie and his swaps completely out of this thread. I searched the forum, I couldn't find any information regarding this run (yes, I looked in all the Daytona dyno threads I could find), and I wanted to find out if there was something wrong with the engine that had since been figured out, or if it had since been dyno'd.

Archie, say what you will about me, that's your opinion which you are entitled to.

[This message has been edited by FastIndyFiero (edited 06-08-2007).]

Zac88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zac88GTClick Here to visit Zac88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zac88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:
I think you missed the point made earlier that the car was built to showcase the 6-spd, Not max power out of a V-8.

Don't you think that the 6spd would be better "showcased" if it was shown that it can handle a decent amount of power? If he reliably put down 400-500hp through that transmission i think he would have significantly more interest in that swap. I think many people are hesitant to use the 6spd because it's failure point has not been found, i know i am.
p8ntman442

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for p8ntman442Click Here to visit p8ntman442's HomePageSend a Private Message to p8ntman442Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by p8ntman442:

maybee the dyno operator had the ebrake on. Did anyone check that?

Originally posted by Archie:

FastIndyFiero, ryan.hess, crzyone, p8ntman442

It's funny that Shaunbag has his nutswingers come over here and post his garbage.

Archie

jeesh I'm such a troll. Look at my red bar, its that way cause I used to hastle shaun. Then on RFT I called him out several times, and that makes me a nutswinger?

Bottom line is you said you dynoed a 377 making 230hp, and you dont expect people to make fun of you? Here is a quick freebie lesson, it takes two to argue. Shaun would just be a fly in the ointment if you didnt respnd to him, and nobody would think your "377" made 230whp. I think you made yourself look silly 3 times, one lying about the engine and making yourself look like you cant tune an engine, doing so to tease shaun, and lastly by showing up to a dyno event with a weak ass combination.

Grow up, and leave the name calling to children.

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

so go tune it then.
its cute y'all think he's some kind of Fiero god, but c'mon, he is just a guy installing V8 into Fieros. and not even his own V8's. you bring him a sloppy smoke belching V8 - you are gonna get a Fiero that belches smoke.

Again, I believe the car, engine, and transmission was bought by Archie, for Archie. This car was NOT a customers car.
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any time you actually want to read and comprehend my post then I'll actually respond to you. Until then!
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zac88GT:

Don't you think that the 6spd would be better "showcased" if it was shown that it can handle a decent amount of power? If he reliably put down 400-500hp through that transmission i think he would have significantly more interest in that swap. I think many people are hesitant to use the 6spd because it's failure point has not been found, i know i am.

GM rates the 6-spd for a higher torque rating than the Getrag 5-spd. (so obviously it is stronger) But aside from that, The 6-spd is not only an option for the V-8, But for many other engines as well. (If I recall he installed a 6-spd with a 2.8L, 3.4L and a 4.9L powered Fiero.) So the point of the car was to show a 6-spd could be installed not neccesarily how much power it can hold.
PFF
System Bot
Leafy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeafySend a Private Message to LeafyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:

yes - we all know that 350's can perform - so the reason shaun hassles archie so much is because archies swaps don't perform and he makes silly excuses for them all the while he says rediculous things like how "v8's make so much power that they don't need things like cold air intakes" then slapps a poorly tuned carb on it, some crush bent exhaust, and talks it up like its the best thing since sliced bread.

I once wanted a v8 fiero and contacted archie (some 9 years ago) but was turned off by his attitude and the rediculous claims he makes. i'd rather have a 400whp v6 than a 200whp v8

This is exactly my reasoning. We all know the potential of an SBC, it's the Kit maker's attitude towards anything but V8 that is what gets me. Fortunately there is a local V8 Kit builder here in Edmonton, that quoted me about 1100 Dollars for his type, after I approached him about his 350 Powered Fiero running 12.3 in the 1/4.

If I wanted an SBC, I'd be looking for his advise first, since he's proven his product, and has shown why a 350 is a good choice for the Fiero.

We know Archie doesn't build engines, but I'm much more inclined to swap in a 3.4 DOHC than a 350 that generates the same amount of power as my Cobalt SS, after seeing that video.

------------------
2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
86 Fiero SE 2M6 3.1 5 speed

www.purevolume.com/seanrainey

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

What N/A V-6 in a Fiero makes 230-250 rwhp???

As for the quote from his website, Using his products to attach a GM crate engine to my car, It does make my car perform and the quality of his kit appears to be good since I have yet to hear anyone break a kit.

Steven Snyder just put down 221rwhp with an N/A 3.4 DOHC. Thats 9hp under your baseline.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/083396.html
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fastback 86

7849 posts
Member since Sep 2003

ooops - sorry - didnt mean to force you to buy a SBC. or make you feel so insignificant because you dont have one. and, sorry so many americans are free to choose whatever motor they want. oh, and sorry he really doesnt install the V8's he claims to install, or have body kits he claims to have.....yup...such a sham....

Insignificant? That'll be the day. Have you seen CA gas prices? In case you hadn't noticed, I was talking about the attitude and "customer service" of the person providing the kit, as well as the erroneous claims he has made on this board and on his website.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zac88GT:

You see. This is the kind of BS. Where the hell are thsoe 400-500HP engines here V8 or not?? I can think of one or two proven in that range. Do you have one and are hesitant to use the 6 speed? I guess not. People get interested in a swap because cost, engine availability, wow factor and sometimes HP goal or technical expertise. I haven't seen trany as the main limiting factor. At the end we all have the same tranys to deal with. Very high HP use a $3K+ built 4T60. Want stick? Then check the limits. If Archie wanted a better showcase at D7 he could send people 30 feets away to my car with dynoed 304rwhp/366rwTQ and the 6 speed. It is torque what cracks the case and not HP

[This message has been edited by Alex4mula (edited 06-08-2007).]

ambfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ambfieroSend a Private Message to ambfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The fact of the matter is Archie does not have to prove anything. He has been in business for a long time and has been a great resource to the Fiero community. Its sad that these guys here have to start these little wars then hind behind statements like "I just wanted to find out what the deal was with this dyno". BS you guys post this crap just to get this stuff going, grow up. If you dont like Archie thats cool but you need to stop trying to attack him OVER AND OVER. Most of you are real knowledgeable and bring a lot of value to this forum. The problem is its undermined by the way you all act. Its like a bunch of little girls in high school.

------------------
In loving memory of Harold Hummel (PFF 4WHEEL)
1936-2004

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread is funny.

Shaunbag posts up a video making fun of someone on a Dyno, but he's never shown a video of his own car on a Dyno.

It gets a few comments from his nutswingers.

He gets bored and mentions that it would be fun to see the video posted on PFF.

A few minutes later one of his nutswingers is posting it up over here.

Within minutes the rest of the swingers from RFT are all chiming in like they'd never seen the video over the last few days on RFT. Yeah, sure.

They want to rehash all the stuff from the D7 Dyno thread in which they all had participated in, just a couple of months ago. Did they all forget about that other thread? Nope just another chance to impress the Shaunbag with how clever they are & another chance to bash someone.

Now they are all righteous & indignant because they claim they were lied to. Well wake up boys, Shaunbag has been lying to you idiots for years & you've been biting down on it everytime.

As far as the car I drove to Daytona I'd refer you to this thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/064529.html , yes it was running rich in the Dyno room. Anyone who was there knows how bad the air was in that little room with no ventillation. Any carbed car was going to run rich in that room. The car only had 100 miles on it when we left for FL & we had some rocker problems on the way down & back from FL. The car didn't blow black smoke out the back on the round trip to FL, so we knew it had to be the conditions that caused the rich exhaust. When I got back from FL Chuck & I took our cars to the local Dyno just a couple of days later. As I said in the other thread the only thing that was done to the car was that we fixed the problems with the rocker arms. The new Dyno runs showed the car was running lean & the Dyno operator suggested going up a couple sizes on the jets. I have the Dyno sheets for those 3 runs but I don't know how to post them up, I can email them to Alex or Oreif if they'd like to post them. I also have video of the Dyno runs we did here but it's still on tape. you can see that it's not blowing rich on those runs.

I bought that '88 formula with the plan to put an LS2 in it with a 6 speed. Back in January when we put it together, we didn't have time to do the LS2 so we just used an engine that I had on an engine stand. The LS2 will go into it later this year, that's why it has an '84 decklid on it now. The original decklid will go on when the LS2 goes in. I put together mainy because I just needed a 6 speed car I could drive that has a roof on it.

It wasn't built to showcase the 6 speed, only an idiot would think that. In case you hadn't noticed, The Perfect Union was at the show with it's 6 speed, DrCpu was there with his 6 speed & Alex was there with the 6 speed car he assembled. With those cars there why would you think that the Formula was the "showcase" car?

Some of you guys just don't get it. Dynos & dragstrips are really not my bag. Like Tom Cory said, I drive what I like & I like what I drive. I've built my own cars since I was 14 & racing them has never been a great desire of mine. The guys that are installing used engines should take them to a dyno but 95% of the cars I build are using brand new crate engines. I've surveyed my customers and none of them wants to pay me by the hour to put the breakin mileage on the engine & clutch & take them to a dyno to run them at WOT before they get to drive their then used swaps home.

My customers are the one's I have to answer to, not a bunch of crybabies who haven't even ridden or driven a properly build SBC Fiero.

If you bashers would sit back & take the time to think something thru, you'd see that it's you guys who feel you have to prove yourselves & your choices by bashing others & their choices.

Sit back & feel the love, there doesn't have to be so much hate. It's all good.

Archie

------------------

After Shaunbag is exposed as having asked Archie for a job as a Slack-Jawed Yokel
Archie sings ......... so I pulled off my hat & said imagine that, you workin' for meeeee. Lies, lies........

Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I'll probably get negged for this, but the main problem I see here is Archie's attitude. Granted some of the attacks may get old, but as the owner and advertiser of a business I would hope that he would conduct himself a little more professionally. I mean, why lower yourself to the same level that you consider immature by calling names? It reminds me of when John Hennesy (spelling?) blew up and started calling everyone names. I would think that this kind of conduct would turn off more than a few potential customers. Also, there does seem to be a general attitude around here that V8s are the only way to go if you want performance and that since Archie installs him, he's a god around here. I'm pretty sure the name calling and such is against the rules, yet certain people can do it anyway. That's just my opinion on the matter, and despite that I've been civil in presenting it (I think so at least), I'm sure I'll pick up some negs anyway which is what seems to happen when you disagree with certain forum members.

------------------

My Build Thread

Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Unsafe At Any Speed

2299 posts
Member since Feb 2003
My last post I started before I saw this one.

If you bashers would sit back & take the time to think something thru, you'd see that it's you guys who feel you have to prove yourselves & your choices by bashing others & their choices.

Archie

You say this after calling people idiots and nutswingers in the same post? Seriously, if you wanted this all to end you'd stop as well. I've been around for long enough that it all is not just perpetuated by Shaun.

ambfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ambfieroSend a Private Message to ambfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well you can see that I dont post much but I am tired of this crap.... and I am not the one always being attacked. I am sure Archie is sick of it and at his end of the rope with these guys. But its the internet and anyone can say and do what they want. The ones that have nothing better to do than to start crap or attack people come here, post crap, and sit back and giggle. I have said it once and I will say it agian. There are a TON of people on PFF but only the brave really post anything because they are affraid the PFF Klan will hang them for saying anything or god forbid the post some stat wrong by accident. What ever! Im done posting my 2cents but damn this stuff gets old.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Shaunbag posts up a video making fun of someone on a Dyno, but he's never shown a video of his own car on a Dyno.

Good point.

You two should have raced each other while you were down there. I would have paid money to see that. I think there's a track in Daytona. Next year maybe?

PFF
System Bot
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Right after you call me a nutswinger...Nice.

Where did I attack you in this thread? I was going to post this video before Shaun mentioned anything about it. I was hoping for some discussion about what this motor was, and what the deal was. Hell, read my posts in the thread on RFT. I thought the song was hilarious, big deal.

Nate
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The song is hilarious.

Because:
1) Archie's real name is Cletus Archambault.
2) Cletus really did go down to FL
3) The song talks about cars

I mean, what kind of coincidences does that take? But then once you have to explain it, it's not as funny.
Still funny though.
Humor.
Look it up.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastIndyFiero:

Right after you call me a nutswinger...Nice.

Where did I attack you in this thread? I was going to post this video before Shaun mentioned anything about it. I was hoping for some discussion about what this motor was, and what the deal was. Hell, read my posts in the thread on RFT. I thought the song was hilarious, big deal.

Nate

And yet you didn't post it until after everyone on RFT started talking about it being posted over here. Or as you put it, "I couldn't help myself." and then posted a link to this thread so the nutswingers can find it.

If you just wanted discussion, you would have posted the video earlier, and not gone out of your way to make sure everyone on RFT knows you posted it.
You did it to earn brownie points over there and to stir up shiat over here. At least have the stones to admit it.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Formula88

53788 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

Good point.

You two should have raced each other while you were down there. I would have paid money to see that. I think there's a track in Daytona. Next year maybe?

Why? People said Archie should run his car on a dyno. He did and it's been nothing but a ***** and moan festival. What possible incentive would anyone have to want to race Shaunna? Win or lose, it's still going to end up being a pissing match.

I've met a number of people who are happy with V8 Archie engine swaps. And I've met a number of people who are unhappy with them.
The difference is, the satisfied customers are the ones who actually own one.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:
What possible incentive would anyone have to want to race Shaunna?

Money? Pink slips? Who cares!

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

The song is hilarious.

Look it up.

I totally agree.

It's just too bad Shaunbag doesn't spend some of that time on proving any or all of the allegations he's made against me.

He demands everyone else put up proof, but he never has been badgered into providing any proof of any of his lies.

That's the definition of a nutswinger. Look it up.

Archie
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

so go tune it then.

This pretty much sums it up for me. Why the hell would I take an engine to be swapped and hope it runs right when it's done? Then have to take it to a mechanic to have it tuned? I guess if I follow that reasoning, I'd go to my local welder to have braces put on, then to the Orthodontist to have them straighted out.

Zac88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zac88GTClick Here to visit Zac88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zac88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:
You see. This is the kind of BS. Where the hell are thsoe 400-500HP engines here V8 or not?? I can think of one or two proven in that range. Do you have one and are hesitant to use the 6 speed? I guess not. People get interested in a swap because cost, engine availability, wow factor and sometimes HP goal or technical expertise. I haven't seen trany as the main limiting factor. At the end we all have the same tranys to deal with. Very high HP use a $3K+ built 4T60. Want stick? Then check the limits. If Archie wanted a better showcase at D7 he could send people 30 feets away to my car with dynoed 304rwhp/366rwTQ and the 6 speed. It is torque what cracks the case and not HP

My stock northstar put down 300.5rwhp/315rwTQ and now that my 5spd is junk and i'm rebuilding the engine for around the 450hp mark i'm looking for stronger transmission options while staying manual, so it's not BS. I know what GM's rating is but i would much rather know what they can actually take and how they fail when they fail. Thats all i would like to know.

Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 05:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steven Snyder just put down 221rwhp with an N/A 3.4 DOHC. Thats 9hp under your baseline.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/083396.html

And Michael Smith put down 240 whp with a 3.4 DOHC years ago (http://fiero.cc/fiero-tdc/members/mws/intake/index.html).
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock