Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Honestly, what's the deal with PFF vs RFT?? (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Honestly, what's the deal with PFF vs RFT?? by FieroGT42
Started on: 01-02-2007 02:55 AM
Replies: 404 (8297 views)
Last post by: Back On Holiday on 03-06-2007 09:51 PM
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:
All of your bullshit can't hide the fact that they are hypocrites. If you like it there, fine, knock yourself out. But why come here and waste our time telling us how great you think it is?

YOU are the hypocrite. You bag on the general RFT membership for causing trouble (despite the fact that only a few actually do), but that is EXACTLY what you did when you posted there, and that is the ONLY reason you went there.

Am I telling you how great it is? No. Am I pushing some sort of perceived superiority in your face (which is what you're doing, btw)? No.

If this is a waste of your time, why are you still in this thread?
What point are YOU trying to get across?

I think you're still looking for reasons to justify you doing what you bag on RFT membership for doing and you're pissed off because I'm not giving you any.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 01-16-2007).]

IP: Logged
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

YOU are the hypocrite. You bag on the general RFT membership for causing trouble (despite the fact that only a few actually do), but that is EXACTLY what you did when you posted there, and that is the ONLY reason you went there.

Will, pull your head out of your ass. Shaunna (gawddamn, that's funny) and his crew have been insulting us and causing Cliff problems, nonstop. THEY were the ones that started all this. Don't try to turn this back on me, because I fire back at them. That's not being a hypocrite, but you don't appear to be smart enough to be able to tell the difference. I suppose that's why you get along so well over there. You're in good company.

Am I telling you how great it is? No. Am I pushing some sort of perceived superiority in your face (which is what you're doing, btw)? No.

It has nothing to do with superiority, although that's how Shaunna and company like to play it. They claim they are better than us, because they don't have a rating system, and supposedly allow free speech. That is, until you disagree with them. OOOPS! There goes your free speech!

If this is a waste of your time, why are you still in this thread?
What point are YOU trying to get across?

If you have to ask again, you'll never know.

I think you're still looking for reasons to justify you doing what you bag on RFT membership for doing and you're pissed off because I'm not giving you any.

Will, I don't need a reason to justify anything to you or them. You don't like it? Tough s***. If you're too dumb to know the difference between defending your friends and pointing out hypocracy, and being a hypocrite, that's not my problem.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by lurker:

sometimes it's a rite of initiation. ive seen some of them talk about it in cliff's chat. they even claimed it was RFT's chat. they deliberately troll PFF and then go back to RFT to brag how much they "owned" someone.

Of course. I just wanted to see if I could get it out of him. Naturally, he resorted to accusing ME. Par for the course, eh?

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I thought you guys deserved a "best of" post... the things that bring smiles to your face

Originally posted by 84fierotrevor:
I relized over there most dumb posts and threads are started by one dude. and no one on any forum likes him. his name is aaron.

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:
But can an Ecotec installed in a Lexus auto park faster than a V8

Originally posted by Falcon4:
RFT is like the sewer trash with riced-up chop shop Fieros that go around pumping irritating loud music all over quiet neighborhoods and spraying silly-string all over the rich peoples' houses. PFF is like the rich kids with nice looking, shiny, new looking Fieros, going to shows, [legally] racing against Ferraris, etc...

but the v8 archie swap of my dreams is cancled. I don't want some dude that whines over the internet to work on my fieros.

Originally posted by FieroGT42:
GREAT TAPDANCING ZOMBIE JESUS, HOW DO I UN-SUBSCRIBE THIS THREAD???

I have been making a sincere effort not to insult people and get into flame wars.

Originally posted by Mr. Pat:
People really need to stop sucking each others balls. Its getting old.

The zombie Jesus one was my favorite.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This was my favorite quote. A very well articulated assessment of the Septic Tank. Absolutely brilliant.

(snip)...The arguement started when RFT was called a Septic Tank.

We have a place to flush our 5% of Turds so they don't polute the rest of our enviroment. That place is called RFT.

We think of it this way. A Septic Tank contains 5% Turds & 95% water. PFF could become a Septic Tank but it doesn't because it has a place to flush it's Turds & that place is RFT.

RFT becomes a Septic Tank because it has allowed it's 5% of Turds to make all the rules of the whole enviornment. Those rules don't allow a flushing of the Turds, so they just float in there poluting the other 95% that allow the minority 5% to make the rules.

Kinda like the old USSR, a great political system as long as you're in the 5% minority ruling party.

There you go.

Glad I was able to help.

Archie

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Shaunna (gawddamn, that's funny) and his crew have been insulting us and causing Cliff problems, nonstop. THEY were the ones that started all this. Don't try to turn this back on me, because I fire back at them.

He started it! He started it!
I thought I left that stuff behind in 6th grade. So what you're saying is that it's ok for you to troll as long as you're getting back at someone else for trolling. That's a nice double standard you have there. It lets you do whatever you want as long as you come up with a reason why the RFT membership is despicable enough to deserve it. The ends justify the means, right? Way to take the moral high road!

It has nothing to do with superiority, although that's how Shaunna and company like to play it. They claim they are better than us, because they don't have a rating system, and supposedly allow free speech. That is, until you disagree with them. OOOPS! There goes your free speech!

It has EVERYTHING to do with perceived superiority. You are an elitist who thinks that the membership of PFF is of a higher social quality than the membership of RFT, and that's another way you justify the things you say about the RFT membership.
For the record, Howard's original policy was "No Ban". IOW, you couldn't be banned for disagreeing with the majority the way you can here. Until very recently that was the case, but Aaron just pushed things too far and he was banned. The policy has NEVER been "say whatever you want without possibility of ridicule or reprisal". If there's no consequence to the act of making an ass of yourself, then what's to stop you from making an ass of yourself? You're just sore that your ass making parade was rained on.

Look at it this way... Nomatter what I might or might not have done to you in the past, I'd beat you senseless if you came into my house uninvited and popped a squat in my living room. I think that's a pretty reasonable reaction to have and could be expected of most anyone. That's exactly what you did in RFT and that's exactly the reaction you got. Acting like an ass has consequences in any social environment. Shaun has suffered those consequences here. You've suffered those consequences on RFT. The only person hypocritical is YOU because you expect to be above social norms and be able to pop a squat in someone's living room without consequence.

Will, I don't need a reason to justify anything to you or them.

Then why are you still in this thread?

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He started it! He started it!
I thought I left that stuff behind in 6th grade.

Your comment is beyond irony, considering the conduct of your buddies in the septic tank.

So what you're saying is that it's ok for you to troll as long as you're getting back at someone else for trolling. That's a nice double standard you have there. It lets you do whatever you want as long as you come up with a reason why the RFT membership is despicable enough to deserve it. The ends justify the means, right? Way to take the moral high road!

One man taking a stand is another man's troll, I suppose. I take a stand against their conduct. I take a stand against their attitude, insults and their attempts to make life difficult for Cliff Pennock. It is obvious you cannot discern the difference. You try to compare one person standing up for his friends with a group of people who cannot and will not try to get along with others and who obviously have NO respect for others.

It has EVERYTHING to do with perceived superiority. You are an elitist who thinks that the membership of PFF is of a higher social quality than the membership of RFT, and that's another way you justify the things you say about the RFT membership.
For the record, Howard's original policy was "No Ban". IOW, you couldn't be banned for disagreeing with the majority the way you can here. Until very recently that was the case, but Aaron just pushed things too far and he was banned. The policy has NEVER been "say whatever you want without possibility of ridicule or reprisal". If there's no consequence to the act of making an ass of yourself, then what's to stop you from making an ass of yourself? You're just sore that your ass making parade was rained on.

Wrong. They were being hypocrites and I took them to task on it. I called BS, but they had neither the integrity nor the BALLS to debate the subject. They simply edited my posts. THEY proved their social quality, or lack thereof, by their actions. They have an ENTIRE SECTION dedicated to insults directed at us. Elsewhere in their forum, they pull the same crap. They act like a bunch of 7th grade immature punks, with their name calling and other bullshit, and you have the GALL to compare my actions to theirs? I'd say "nice try", but it isn't. It's pathetic.

Then why are you still in this thread?

I'm taking a stand for people who try to act decent and keep a clean house against those who hang around in a septic tank, acting like a bunch of turds, and think it's cute to fling s*** at us. Again, I don't expect you to see the difference. Conversation over.

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They act like a bunch of 7th grade immature punks, with their name calling and other bullshit, and you have the GALL to compare my actions to theirs?

I don't think I've called anyone a "turd" since the 3rd grade.

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your comment is beyond irony, considering the conduct of your buddies in the septic tank.

Then yours must be satire.

One man taking a stand is another man's troll, I suppose.

You speak of irony, and then you say this... and STILL DON'T GET IT. I'm in an internet argument with the personification of irony.
So following your logic, since you call Shaun a troll, he must be taking a stand (where is he taking it? Come back with that stand, Shaun!)--or even making a stand--for whatever it is he believes in. What could that be? He's so secretive about what he thinks, I really have no idea what it could be. It couldn't possibly be the things he posts about, like not making claims without substantiation, not posting third hand heresay as advice, backing up knowledge with experience, and calling BS on people who post BS. Shaun could never be making a stand for those things, in his own abrasive way, could he?

I take a stand against their conduct. I take a stand against their attitude, insults and their attempts to make life difficult for Cliff Pennock. It is obvious you cannot discern the difference. You try to compare one person standing up for his friends with a group of people who cannot and will not try to get along with others and who obviously have NO respect for others.

Attitude and insults on the internet? Oh NOES!!!11
As for their conduct, you take a stand against their conduct by DOING THE SAME THING? "Killing for peace?!? That's like F@#$ing for virginity!" (Full Metal Jacket quote, in case you were wondering...)
Whatever difficulties Cliff may or may not have, they are his own. After all, the rating system makes the forum self-monitoring, right?
So if the membership of RFT can not and will not get along with or have respect for others... how do they get along with EACH OTHER?
You're so intent on demonizing people that you forget that we're all human here.

Wrong. They were being hypocrites and I took them to task on it. I called BS, but they had neither the integrity nor the BALLS to debate the subject. They simply edited my posts. THEY proved their social quality, or lack thereof, by their actions. They have an ENTIRE SECTION dedicated to insults directed at us. Elsewhere in their forum, they pull the same crap. They act like a bunch of 7th grade immature punks, with their name calling and other bullshit, and you have the GALL to compare my actions to theirs?

Ok, so you've been calling the RFT membership hypocrites (based on your misunderstanding of forum policy) because your posts were edited for "taking them to task" for being hypocrites. This doesn't compute. What were "they" hypocritical about before your posts were edited? Since all you ever talk about is how hypocritical it was for your posts to be edited, then "they" must not have been hypocritical about anything before your posts were edited. So what was your reason for going there? Who elected you "task taker toer" anyway? And who, exactly, is "they"?

In short, you went into RFT thinking that you could call RFT a septic tank and someone would DEBATE you about it? You misunderstood forum policy--and obviously human nature as well--and thought that the membership would sit there and listen to you? And take you seriously? And once you got EXACTLY what you asked for, you got sore because they had the GALL to deal with a troll less severely than the forum you worship deals with its trolls. You know you CAN still post at RFT, if you'd like. I haven't heard anything about you being banned.

Going back to the previous example, what you did was like popping a squat in someone's living room and then expecting him to be interested in what you have to say about it.

Think about how fast someone would get banned who registered here and posted "PFF is a septic tank" as the gist of his first post. THAT PERSON IS YOU.

It really sounds like you're deep into that hating thing. Are you Catholic? Think the Pope will declare a crusade for you? "Find the RFT server, most potent artifact of unholy evil, and destroy it" Jihad is big in the Muslim world right now. Maybe you could convert to Islam and start a holy war? Converting to Islam has always been easy.

I'm taking a stand for people who try to act decent and keep a clean house against those who hang around in a septic tank, acting like a bunch of turds, and think it's cute to fling s*** at us. Again, I don't expect you to see the difference. Conversation over.

No, it's not. I have not yet yielded to the utter and complete moral and social supremacy of your point of view, so you'll be back to claim the sweet taste of victory...

or at least argue some more.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Jesus wept." -- Stimpy

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 01-16-2007).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you're saying that the Tech section has no credibility, I'll take immediate issue with that.

I guess you'll have to take issue with it, then. The entire site has no credibility. I have no reason to suspect the crap that happens in other sections can't or won't happen in Tech or anywhere else. You may moderate it and you may have every intention of running it properly but there are enough others with mod rights that what you want isn't necessarily what's going to happen.

When you still have the auto replace calling all 4.9s tractor motors or 2.8s boat anchors, why expect anything else.

Yes, there are some people there with a lot of technical knowledge. But doesn't give you credibility. If RFT wants to be taken seriously, it has to get rid of the grade school b*tchfest and childish crap. Until then, you'll get members who like that sort of thing but the site won't ever grow much beyond what it already is. And if that's what RFT wants to be, so be it. If you want to try to moderate part of it and tell yourself that what happens in other sections doesn't reflect badly on tech, then you're deluding yourself.

Are you the one who decides if a tech question is a "pansy ass b*tch question?" What does that mean to a new user on their first visit? All they're going to get is ridicule and scorn until they figure out who's full of shiat and who isn't. Most people won't bother wading through the crap to get to any gems of info you have to offer.
PFF
System Bot
crzyone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

I guess you'll have to take issue with it, then. The entire site has no credibility. I have no reason to suspect the crap that happens in other sections can't or won't happen in Tech or anywhere else. You may moderate it and you may have every intention of running it properly but there are enough others with mod rights that what you want isn't necessarily what's going to happen.

When you still have the auto replace calling all 4.9s tractor motors or 2.8s boat anchors, why expect anything else.

Yes, there are some people there with a lot of technical knowledge. But doesn't give you credibility. If RFT wants to be taken seriously, it has to get rid of the grade school b*tchfest and childish crap. Until then, you'll get members who like that sort of thing but the site won't ever grow much beyond what it already is. And if that's what RFT wants to be, so be it. If you want to try to moderate part of it and tell yourself that what happens in other sections doesn't reflect badly on tech, then you're deluding yourself.

Are you the one who decides if a tech question is a "pansy ass b*tch question?" What does that mean to a new user on their first visit? All they're going to get is ridicule and scorn until they figure out who's full of shiat and who isn't. Most people won't bother wading through the crap to get to any gems of info you have to offer.

Has anyone ever actually told you to stfu? If not I am the first. Woohoo!

You are demonizing a whole forum because you don't like one section. It probibly boils down to 1 or 2 users. You sure show people how big a person you are by just ignoring RFT.....

If you don't like it, we don't care. You will always have your biased opinions of the site and the people that post there.

My sections are also respectible, as are Wills and the sections most of you can't even see.

Fierobear, if you actually stand back and read what Will is posting you will see that he is completely right and you look like an ass.

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crzyone:
sections most of you can't even see.

why are there sections that most of us can't see?
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Has anyone ever actually told you to stfu? If not I am the first. Woohoo!

You are demonizing a whole forum because you don't like one section. It probibly boils down to 1 or 2 users. You sure show people how big a person you are by just ignoring RFT.....

If you don't like it, we don't care. You will always have your biased opinions of the site and the people that post there.

My sections are also respectible, as are Wills and the sections most of you can't even see.

Fierobear, if you actually stand back and read what Will is posting you will see that he is completely right and you look like an ass.

Of course you completely missed the point. If you don't agree with me, fine. But take an honest look at the forum from the perspective of someone who's never been there before and doesn't know anyone on there from Adam. What is their first impression going to be? What kinds of posts are they going to be greeted with?

The impression may come from the actions of the minority, but they make you all look bad. Besides, why would you tell me to STFU? Doesn't everyone on RFT believe in speaking their mind? Or is that just a slogan used when talking about how great your forum is but you don't really believe it?
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Formula88

53788 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by lurker:

why are there sections that most of us can't see?

Well, they have a section called "Privileged Users Forum" which is apparently there to make sure everyone knows there's a forum they can access but you can't. There may also be hidden forums that don't show up at all unless you have access. That's how I've done it on any forums I've used that had to have special rights granted to certain forums. If you're not a member, it's not even there so you don't know it exists. (this was done on gaming forums, with each game group having it's own private forum). But with RFT, they want you to know there's a place where they only let their "in" crowd in.

Probably to make new users feel welcome, right crzyone?
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
"Jesus wept." -- Stimpy

"The cheerios are on fire people!" -- Stimpy

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Of course you completely missed the point. If you don't agree with me, fine. But take an honest look at the forum from the perspective of someone who's never been there before and doesn't know anyone on there from Adam. What is their first impression going to be? What kinds of posts are they going to be greeted with?

The impression may come from the actions of the minority, but they make you all look bad.

You are not a stranger to rft and who posts there. You just have a hatred for it which is silly. Its like hating an entire town and its populance because of one or 2 people there. Yeah, they act like dicks, but it doesn't mean you lable the whole place no good.

Probably to make new users feel welcome, right crzyone?

Unless a person knows about them then they are oblivious. What does it matter to a new member exactly? I can honestly say that there is only 1 trash talking section.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are not a stranger to rft and who posts there. You just have a hatred for it which is silly. Its like hating an entire town and its populance because of one or 2 people there. Yeah, they act like dicks, but it doesn't mean you lable the whole place no good.

That same explanation is equally valid for RFT member's hatred of this forum. But I don't see you telling them to STFU.
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That same explanation is equally valid for RFT member's hatred of this forum. But I don't see you telling them to STFU.

They were members of this forum at one time. If they have a reason to hate it then whatever. Thats their business. As far as I know, you have never been a member of RFT, and it seems like you don't surf outside of RFT VS The World. Maybe if you did you would see the forum is more respectable than you think. Your blind hatred is hard to take. There are a lot of good people over there that don't appreciate the septic tank comments. Like this forum or the people on it is better than any other forum on the internet...
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There are a lot of good people over there that don't appreciate the septic tank comments. Like this forum or the people on it is better than any other forum on the internet...

Then why don't they DO something about it? Or can we interpret their inaction to mean approval?

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

I wonder what part of "conversation over" he didn't understand?

PFF
System Bot
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, cause you call the shots.....
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, This has to be setteled once and for all!!!

fierobear are you a guy or a chick?
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Then why don't they DO something about it? Or can we interpret their inaction to mean approval?

you mean like go over to the forum that the haters are at and start an insult war (like you did)? oh how mature you must be in real life if this is how you portray yourself on the net.
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kohburn

7349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

and what the hell do you think the people in here that disagree with you are doing? taking a stand against your prejudicial crap rant against RFT. There is only one section over there that allows people to poke fun at anything they want, can be any forum. it just so happens that shaun's favorite target is a few people on this forum, and all you do is give him more ammo, not make the situation any better.

and yes you and formula88 are demonstrating textbook prejudice. take a step off your high horse and think about it some. you might realize you are in the wrong. But then again that would require you to admit having some fault ( THE HORROR, AAAHHH )

the hidden sections are there to protect the participating members from spam, unwelcome scrutiny, and improve the quality of the content. what to see it? you'll have to behave and be a good participant in the forum to get the privilage of access to the real content. don't want to behave? don't want to participate? then you get stuck with rft-vs-world, anything goes, and the basic tech section and maintanance sections.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To be honest the only reason I go there is to be a troll to Shaun. I really never go anywhere except RTF vs. the World section.. Except to find my threads that get deleted, changed or removed. Got to love the moderators. You can start all the Archie bashing threads you want, but they don’t like it when you start theads about them.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are not a stranger to rft and who posts there

As far as I know, you have never been a member of RFT,

Covering all your bases I see.

They were members of this forum at one time. If they have a reason to hate it then whatever. Thats their business. As far as I know, you have never been a member of RFT, and it seems like you don't surf outside of RFT VS The World. Maybe if you did you would see the forum is more respectable than you think. Your blind hatred is hard to take. There are a lot of good people over there that don't appreciate the septic tank comments. Like this forum or the people on it is better than any other forum on the internet...

There are a lot of good people here that don't appreciate the way this forum is attacked on RFT. Their blind hatred is hard to take. So you let them have their hatred because they were members here. I guess that means they "earned" their hatred. What about the people here who put up with their shiat until they finally got banned? And came back and got banned again. And again.

I have surfed the other sections, including Tech, but as Kohburn pointed out, unless you're part of the in crowd, you don't get to see the "real" content. The "real" content may indeed be congenial, well informed, and useful, but how many people actually see it?

You never did take my advice and try to look at the forum as a new user might, did you? You were more interested in blasting my opinion becasue you disagree with me.

I tell you what. I'll make you a deal. I won't say anything bad about RFT ever again, IF no one of RFT ever says anything bad about this forum ever again. It's a two way street. You don't get to whine about us hating you and how we've misjudged you while still talking smack out the other side of your mouth.

You (that goes for anyone on RFT) should judge yourselves by the same rules you wish to judge us by. Make no mistake, my comment that RFT isn't credible doesn't mean everyone there isn't credible. For example, I respect Will and believe him to be a knowledgable person. But that alone doesn't make RFT respectable.

Look at your own avatar. "Come to the dark side." You, and I'll wager most members on RFT, enjoy the idea of being the "bad guys" cuz it's cool. Fine, but don't whine about it if someone calls you on it.

Talk about a Milton complex. ....

88GT5.0KILLER
From: Watching a once great nation become a 3rd world slum. The power of stockpiles of ammo.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
User Banned

Report this Post01-17-2007 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GT5.0KILLERSend a Private Message to 88GT5.0KILLEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whats with all these "mature" references?

I have a feeling the majority are a bunch of metrosexuals.

I guess with all the ballpolishing, the "mature" talkers decided to put the whole richard in their mouth.

------------------

Originally posted by JM:
Instead of hanging off of what everyone else has built , why don't you actually do something with all those parts?
Internet video's are cool , but all the time you spend finding them could be devoted to actually building a car

Grow some balls.

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You just have a hatred for it which is silly. Its like hating an entire town and its populance because of one or 2 people there. Yeah, they act like dicks, but it doesn't mean you lable the whole place no good.

Yes, But the one or two people who act like "dicks", are there constantly badgering folks and insulting them by editing the avatar titles.
Seriously, If you were part of a forum and although it was only one or two folks (who have moderator power) put you were "gay" or a "dickhead" under your avatar and you could not change it, That you would be good with that???? It may be only two sections of the forum that "trash talks" but some posts from tech and motorsports have been MOVED into the "trash talk" areas.
So would you "respect" a town that labels you so that wherever you travel in it you have a sign branded to you that is unchangeable? Or that one or two folks seek out where you are for the purpose of berating you? What did Will state earlier? Oh yeah "I thought I left that stuff behind in 6th grade." Sorry Will but the 6 graders are also there as well. Problem is they have the power to constantly harass which pretty much negates anything you are trying to accomplish.

It is understood that folks like yourself and Will want to make it legit, But the immature folks that also have the "keys to the kingdom" counteract anything you could possibly do at present. The other thing is RFT was originally started for the sole purpose of mocking this forum. Once it established that personna, trying to step away from it is difficult. Especially when the "one or two" constantly act as they do.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 01-17-2007).]

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Told you you'd be back.
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will

14226 posts
Member since Jun 2000

Originally posted by Oreif:
It may be only two sections of the forum that "trash talks" but some posts from tech and motorsports have been MOVED into the "trash talk" areas.

Active moderation may be an alien concept here, but in forums that have moderators, that's the norm. If a topic is posted in an inappropriate section, it gets moved to the appropriate section. Or it may just get deleted.
I do not allow useful tech topics to degenerate into flame wars. I typically delete posts and topics that show up in Tech inappropriately, but I'm not at my computer all the time. In fact, the action seems to happen when I'm NOT at my computer. In cases in which I'm unavailable for a few days and somebody drops a load in Tech, Howard typically moves it elsewhere.

Originally posted by Oreif:

Yes, But the one or two people who act like "dicks", are there constantly badgering folks and insulting them by editing the avatar titles.
Seriously, If you were part of a forum and although it was only one or two folks (who have moderator power) put you were "gay" or a "dickhead" under your avatar and you could not change it, That you would be good with that????

Dude, it's *JUST* and internet forum. You're not Hester Prynne. But in a lot of ways, you're like FieroBear, only with thicker skin. You try to troll and are dealt with accordingly. Is that a surprise?

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 01-17-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will

14226 posts
Member since Jun 2000

Yes, I am the one who makes that decision. I have in the past moved topics that were inappropriate (maintenance related, mostly). I delete the posts that are inflamatory or trolling.
Maybe the kind of people Howard would like to have join the forum read those taglines and think "Wow, finally a place where I don't have to deal with lowballing bullcrap." It's not meant to appeal to everyone. Like Bob Lutz's opinions on car styling... It's better that a design be highly polarizing, because then the people who like it will definitely go toward it. This is not the case for a bland design which ellicits a universal "eh...".

I notice that most of your posts on RFT have been in RFT VTW. If that's all you chose to see on the site, then that's all you're going to see. Leading a horse to water doesn't make him drink.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Isn't HE the one who accused ME of being a troll?

Told you you'd be back.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Ok, This has to be setteled once and for all!!!

fierobear are you a guy or a chick?

You are from California, and I normally encourage everyone to attend the regional events here, like Westfest. In your case, I'll make an exception.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by Kohburn:

you mean like go over to the forum that the haters are at and start an insult war (like you did)? oh how mature you must be in real life if this is how you portray yourself on the net.

Let's check the scoreboard, shall we? Shaunna got banned here once, BEGGED Cliff to be let back on, then got his own ass banned a second time. So he and his a-hole buddies start RFT and insult us nonstop. When they can, they get new IDs here and come over and try to disrupt things here. I go there ONCE, and lob a few grenades at them, and call them for their BS (which you guys PROUDLY say you do there). I'd call that fair play, you call it trolling. It's OK for you, but not for us. You folks are truly amazing. You really can't see what you're defending, can you? No wonder you and crzyone and will like it so much over there.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, I am the one who makes that decision. I have in the past moved topics that were inappropriate (maintenance related, mostly). I delete the posts that are inflamatory or trolling.
Maybe the kind of people Howard would like to have join the forum read those taglines and think "Wow, finally a place where I don't have to deal with lowballing bullcrap." It's not meant to appeal to everyone. Like Bob Lutz's opinions on car styling... It's better that a design be highly polarizing, because then the people who like it will definitely go toward it. This is not the case for a bland design which ellicits a universal "eh...".

I notice that most of your posts on RFT have been in RFT VTW. If that's all you chose to see on the site, then that's all you're going to see. Leading a horse to water doesn't make him drink.

Well, you've succeeded in creating a polarizing forum that some people love and some people hate. If that's your goal, why complain when people say they hate it?

I think the type of people who are going to join RFT are the ones who are looking for "lowballing bullcrap" rather than avoiding it. Discussions of pansy ass boat anchors, tractor motors and what swaps are teh ghey doesn't strike me as highbrow intellectual content.

You're right, most of my few posts have been in VTW. I have surfed the other forums, but haven't found much I wanted to comment on, and to be honest, I don't have enough confidence in the forum to have any reason to believe any post by me would be greeted with anything other than scorn and ridicule, be editied, or deleted, regardless of the content of my post. That's not your moderation, that's the credibility of the entire forum.

Serious question, though. What is YOUR goal for RFT? What do YOU want the forum to be? Do you think the forum presents itself as a whole as what you want people to see?

It's seems very odd to me that a forum that boasts people can speak their mind and doesn't care what people here think of them has tjeor members posting here trying to stifle opposing opinions about their forum.
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let's check the scoreboard, shall we? Shaunna got banned here once, BEGGED Cliff to be let back on, then got his own ass banned a second time. So he and his a-hole buddies start RFT and insult us nonstop. When they can, they get new IDs here and come over and try to disrupt things here. I go there ONCE, and lob a few grenades at them, and call them for their BS (which you guys PROUDLY say you do there). I'd call that fair play, you call it trolling. It's OK for you, but not for us. You folks are truly amazing. You really can't see what you're defending, can you? No wonder you and crzyone and will like it so much over there.

what.. did I say you were trolling? if thats what you think you were doing fine. but don't put words in my mouth.
you are always saying shaun and his buddies, or all of RFT -- fact of the matter is that it was only shaun and long long ago stimpy.
Shaun is the only one that actively goes out of his way to find things to mock.

Have you ever seen me say that all of PFF sucks because of a few people that I have disagreements with?
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kohburn

7349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

I don't have enough confidence in the forum to have any reason to believe any post by me would be greeted with anything other than scorn and ridicule, be editied, or deleted, regardless of the content of my post..

what an exciting life you must lead - scared of anyone disagreeing with something you say.

I never understood why people were so afraid of being wrong and having the opportunity to learn something.
the only posts over there that would draw ridicule are the same ones that would give you negative ratings over here

infact if you started posting sincere tech questions or heck even entertaining off topic posts nobody would hold any past issues against you and would get along fine (well most anyways, there may be a few that hold grudges but i'm not one of them)

[This message has been edited by Kohburn (edited 01-17-2007).]

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kohburn

7349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by FieroGT42:

I'm not starting any flame wars here, I'm just asking a question! If you can't post a mature, informative reply then please don't post anything.

Anyway... I've tried to ask questions on there before, tried to sell some parts once, and I basically got flamed for daring to post anything because I was a know-nothing "noob". Now I tried to make the same post on RFT as I did here regarding making fiberglass and carbon fiber parts. Over here, I get a few replies. Over there, it gets moved immediately to the area "where all the gay threads are moved", which is where all of the spam and **** ads go, and people start sending me adolescent flame-mail.

What is this Hatfield-McCoy BS, and what's their problem with me almost every time I try to post? I honestly don't get it, because I've never done anything to anyone. Poor me *turns up the whiny emo music and gets out the dull razors*

on the oringinal topic - i never saw a thread on this over there or I would have posted - I avoid looking in the spam folder so I probably just missed it.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:

what.. did I say you were trolling? if thats what you think you were doing fine. but don't put words in my mouth.
you are always saying shaun and his buddies, or all of RFT -- fact of the matter is that it was only shaun and long long ago stimpy.
Shaun is the only one that actively goes out of his way to find things to mock.

The trolling comment wasn't aimed at you.

Shaunna is the only one who posts crap about us? You've GOT to be kidding? Do you even READ the other forum, outside tech? I'd make a list of names that do it, but I can't stand that place. It would be like standing in a septic tank, brushing aside feces. No thanks, I have better things to do.

Have you ever seen me say that all of PFF sucks because of a few people that I have disagreements with?

Granted, I haven't. What I can't understand is why you defend that forum. You and a few others seem to think the tech over there is the s***, but the rest of it is a bunch of junior high school level crap.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock