Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Vent here about cop antics and episodes (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Vent here about cop antics and episodes by stalen88GT
Started on: 09-15-2006 01:14 AM
Replies: 63 (1227 views)
Last post by: synapse on 10-02-2006 09:11 PM
stalen88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stalen88GTSend a Private Message to stalen88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will make this fiero related.............While I am driving my Little Red Bomb I see cops speeding for no reason, crossng double yellow lines, going through intersections by flashing their light and then turning them off. There I have started this I would like to hear from the rest of you.

Any cops on this forum too bad we all have bad experiences with you guys/gals and us tax payers need to vent. I do respect officers and the laws out there and there is a need for them I just hate the way there is one (read - no) set of laws for them but official ones for the tax payers on the road or possible anywhere else.

Well I will not accuse with showing my own faults so the next is my greatest short coming.

The only law I tend to break and not by much is speeding. If I speed it is 5-10 mph more than posted generally speaking. So I am not perfect, but come on I see more flagrant abuses by the law enforcers all the time and I am pissed about it. who's with me?

Galen

------------------
Make it FAST or don't make it :)
......... .........
LITTLE RED BOMB......Someday it will be mine....The Teacher
www.velocityaircraft.com
DIRECTIONS FOR FREE COMPUTER

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
without knowing the whole story you can't be sure there wasnt a reason for what they were doing. sure there are badge-heavy and abusive cops out there but they are really the exception, not the rule. i for one am somewhat offended that you seem to be saying that "blah blah cops dont obey the traffic rules they are big bullies" etc etc is ignorant and just overall assinine.

cops have to follow the same rules that everyone else does, but in exigent circumstances they are allowed to bend/break them if needed.

in short, QQ, or get over it. your view of reality in this case is pretty skewed.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jermz238:

without knowing the whole story you can't be sure there wasnt a reason for what they were doing. sure there are badge-heavy and abusive cops out there but they are really the exception, not the rule. i for one am somewhat offended that you seem to be saying that "blah blah cops dont obey the traffic rules they are big bullies" etc etc is ignorant and just overall assinine.

cops have to follow the same rules that everyone else does, but in exigent circumstances they are allowed to bend/break them if needed.

in short, QQ, or get over it. your view of reality in this case is pretty skewed.

Ah Jerm chill out. I know several cops personally and they do drive by a seperate set of rules as do their spouses. Not all just as not all of any group do but more than enough to generalize.
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For what it's worth my uncle is a state trooper. He told me one time he was doing 90mph or so and dispatch asked him why he was speeding. My uncle replied " because im chasing somebody ! " Thats all that was said . I guess there is some type of monitoring but it might not be to strictly watched/enforced. Back on subject. I get passed by police officers everday out on the interstate. I'll be scooting along at 70-75mph (in a 65mph) and have them blow by me ,no lights, no siren. I especially love the tailgating in traffic. Or how about the cell phone ,while speeding ,while tailgating. Oh well i guess no one is professional anymore.

------------------
HARDCORE SBC CRONIE AND PROUD OF IT ! GOT TQ ?

Fosgatecavy98

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well for the most part I think cops are very good at there job *BUT* with my fiero I have been pulled over 3 times, 2 times from the same guy, actually very nice guy, for my car being to loud. Granted its a 3.8 with just a cherrybomb, but the motor was knocking at the time and was extremely loud at low throttle and sounded like a diesel on crack. He pulled me over told me whats up and I said I was planning on removing the motor within a few weeks and it would be much civil afterwards. He asked alittle about it and went on our ways. 2 days later he pulled me over again... same thing, hows the motor remove going? Ran my stuff again, another cop came at this time and asked me about it (both of these guys are rookies and in our little town nothing better to do) Last time was the 2nd cop, within 2 weeks of being pulled over. Go figure....... no tickets (thank god) but it got extremely annoying...
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Police do occasionaly drive pretty dang aggressive.
tho, mostly, I find them driving at the speed limit, or just below, and create the rolling road block, where everyones scared to pass the cop.
and, when they do get on it, its usually for a very good reason. I dont think they should hand out flyers, asking for permission before going on a silent run. they are trained, and know what they are doing. and they are also careful. they dont "hang it out". it is not to hard to drive fast & be careful at the same time. remember, this is their job. and they are under CONSTANT surveielance by both their superiors, and by the public. the must walk on eggshells daily.
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My biggest beef is when cops DO NOT USE THEIR TURN SIGNAL! And no, I'm not talking about while they are in pursuit.
I think it's irresponsible, selfish, lazy and is also a BAD EXAMPLE for those who are supposed to be upholding the law.
With authority comes responsibility. When you are set high on a pedestal, people look up to you and expect a good example.

On the other side of the coin, a lot of the drivers on the road dont signal either so its not just law enforcement. However, for those in authority such as the police, that are supposed to uphold the law, it looks really bad.

Kit (86 GT)
88 Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most states, I know for a fact PA does, have a section in the vehicle laws that specifically allows emergency vehicles to be exempt from certain listed sections of the code, like speed limits, one-way streets, stopping and parking sections. etc. So, most likely the police cars were following the law. You just don't know all the applicable laws. If the police cars were just lighting up at intersections they probably had a medium priority call or possibly had a silent alarm set off at a local business that calls for a quiet response so the offenders don't know someone set off an alarm.

Try to look at it from the viewpoint of the people calling for help, if it's got to the point of them calling the police, usually any response time seems like hours to them. If it's your family or friend in an accident, exactly how much extra time do you want the police and ambulance drivers to take to get there to protect the scene (from somebody else plowing into them) and provide help. Most reasonable people would say get there as soon as humanly possible.
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

Police do occasionaly drive pretty dang aggressive.
tho, mostly, I find them driving at the speed limit, or just below, and create the rolling road block, where everyones scared to pass the cop.
and, when they do get on it, its usually for a very good reason. I dont think they should hand out flyers, asking for permission before going on a silent run. they are trained, and know what they are doing. and they are also careful. they dont "hang it out". it is not to hard to drive fast & be careful at the same time. remember, this is their job. and they are under CONSTANT surveielance by both their superiors, and by the public. the must walk on eggshells daily.

lol. Yeah, mostly by me they do that rolling road block too. that's a good name for it. Usually there is a reason for what they do, atleast in the area i'm at. At times they do need to run somewhere quick, without lights and sirens, as not got totally give away where they are going. I could see reasons for not using a signal too, ie. following someone but not letting on untill last second etc.
Going to the dells show this year me and a continental were screeming along at 85 ( I was running late for the show. No excuse i know) and I saw a state trooper pretty much too late. I was under 65 by the time I passed him but i know he clocked me. well when I slowed down the lincoln passed me saw the cop and slowed down. the cop screemed out, almost bump drafted me, then almost instantaneously did the same to the lincoln and ended pulling him over. So when the cops are tailgating you or someone else on the freeway i think they are just practicing
Some of you describe haveing really bad police by you. I hope that's not the case, but I'm just glad the police department where i am is quite good. If you follow the rules of the road you will not have anything to worry about
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86fierofun

3650 posts
Member since Aug 2004

Originally posted by 88 Formula:

Most states, I know for a fact PA does, have a section in the vehicle laws that specifically allows emergency vehicles to be exempt from certain listed sections of the code, like speed limits, one-way streets, stopping and parking sections. etc. So, most likely the police cars were following the law. You just don't know all the applicable laws. If the police cars were just lighting up at intersections they probably had a medium priority call or possibly had a silent alarm set off at a local business that calls for a quiet response so the offenders don't know someone set off an alarm.

Try to look at it from the viewpoint of the people calling for help, if it's got to the point of them calling the police, usually any response time seems like hours to them. If it's your family or friend in an accident, exactly how much extra time do you want the police and ambulance drivers to take to get there to protect the scene (from somebody else plowing into them) and provide help. Most reasonable people would say get there as soon as humanly possible.

very well said!!
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86fierofun

3650 posts
Member since Aug 2004

Originally posted by FIEROPHREK:

Or how about the cell phone ,

That's my only beef with the cops here. hang up and drive.
Though I've been guilty a few times myself *hides in corner*
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Brick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero BrickSend a Private Message to Fiero BrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What about when an off-duty cop gets pulled over by a cop on-duty for speeding or whatever, then doesn't end up getting a ticket in situations where a normal person wouldn't? Or people related to cops, even just cousins to one. It happens here.
88 Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What about when a doctor gets pulled over because he got called out by the emergency room for a bad wreck with multiple people hurt and the police let him go? Why didn't they do their job?

Face it, a lot of people get let go with a warning. How many here were let go when you know you were guilty?
Fastkx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastkxSend a Private Message to FastkxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If any of you guys read my post when my Fiero got broke into and they stole my plates I had to vent about the attitude the police officer had. I respect police officers my father was one and I have numerous friends that are local police and one state trooper and I had a talk with one of them about how they can speed and run lights and other things that we have to abide by day in and day out, lets just say it was a spirited debate and I told him that they should lead by example ! (he agreed) How can we not lose respect for them when we see them do these things. I still respect them though. Not everyone of them does these things. One of my friends got called on the carpet for his high # of dui/dwi arrest, which really got me. I thought he is taking the drunks off the road and they are getting on him about it !
Fiero Brick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero BrickSend a Private Message to Fiero BrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hear about my smooth talking, fast driving friends getting out of tickets by claiming relation to someone on the force than I hear any of them griping about having to pay another fine.

Call me prejudice, though. I don't like city cops. Long story, no ticket came of it because the cop was way in the wrong and I'd done nothing but looked like a 16-year-old driving a sporty red car. If I'd called to complain about it like I should have, he'd have gotten reamed.

Troopers are nice guys in my experience, though. For the most part.

Oh, and I didn't really answer the question, though, I guess.

I've never been let go from anything I was guilty of. One trooper let me go, but that was for a burnout he only thought I was guilty of... until I pointed out that I was driving a 4-cylinder ranger, and I speek gud engrish so I'm not enough of a moron to bother with a burnout in my truck.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Brick (edited 09-15-2006).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What about when a doctor gets pulled over because he got called out by the emergency room for a bad wreck with multiple people hurt and the police let him go? Why didn't they do their job?

Face it, a lot of people get let go with a warning. How many here were let go when you know you were guilty?

That is BS side stepping. That analogy doesn't really apply. Cops make a call based on a situation and that is why we don't have robots running the world. It is their job to make that call.
But cops don't write cops tickets. Even out of town cops don't and when they do there is some feuding going on. If a cop is acting way out of line most of the time they will have to deal with their cheif because crap like that is almost always handled in house even between stations or citys.

Fact is cops abuse their position but probably not any more than anyone elses job. I know people here and there and get special treatment. They are no different except maybe under the microscope more.

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live in a little town with only 900 people in it. So for the activities at night are not all that exciting. I think that all there is for the cops to do is sit at Hwy 35 and nab speeders.
I agree with the speeding thing because you have these guys with huge trucks and facial hair thinking that they are above the law. Then they get taste fo reality from our county boys. But there was a time in the heat of the summer night when it was about 80 some degrees, I couldn't sleep. So I decided to take a little trip to the store for somthing to munch on. I was heading out of town doing the speed limit in and out. I had my brother with me at the time. This cop pulled me over out of the village limits,which he couldn't do. Then he tried to tell me I was doing 60-65 when all I was doing was 55. (deer) He was trying to get to admit to speeding and other things. I told him that I had the right size tires on (rare for the 13") and the speedo works exactly how it should. I think that he pulled me over because I was driving a pretty little sports car when I was doing nothing wrong. He had nothing better to do. He was one of the cops that thinks he can push a person around. Well when it comes to an Irish man, they fight back just as hard or if not harder.
urbanairpaint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for urbanairpaintSend a Private Message to urbanairpaintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys are lucky. In my neck of the woods cops are way worse. I get pulled over in my 85GT because it has nice rims, tinted windows, sound system, and Im a young kid. I get searched, treated like sh*t, and harrassed. And when Im just walking around the neighborhood with my boys they stop us and haggle us about selling drugs. They told us we cant walk around in groups of more than 3 people! Drug trafficing is a little problem around here, but most of us dont sell drugs; we are highschool athletes with good grades. Racial profiling is one of the biggest issues that I experience amost once a week. It pisses me offf, but I cant do or say anything becuase they are the law and they run things. In my area if you are dressed in expensive clothes, and have a cellphone with walkie talky ability you are automatically labeled a dopeboy. Its sad and frustrating, which is why cops end up getting no respect around here. But, on occasion, there are some very helpful and friendly cops. Whenever they haggle me I always talk to them with intelligence and respect, it kinda throws them off when they here me talk because they expect me to be some drug selling, gun toting thug. If you get pulled over, no matter how upset or frustrated you are, just act calm and friendly and most cops will respect you for that, especially if you are a young kid.
under8ted

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
User Banned

Report this Post09-15-2006 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for under8tedSend a Private Message to under8tedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are right........there is a very real tendancy for cops, and other assorted sub-human scum, to think they are better than us.

Laws apply to us, not them. they can demand to see our ID--but just watch what happens when you as a free man demand to see thiers.....

they can question whre you are going and what you are doing.........but just try to ask them the same questions.

Personally, I consider it a goddamn shame the WTC;s werent filled with them instead of insurance salsemen.

salsemen are easy to make go away. Nazi cops are a problem.
fierosrule

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosruleSend a Private Message to fierosruleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
its a little off subj but im a fire fighter and i can tell you that there are many times when you dont use the siren because of bothering people, but when a call comes out the law says we can run 15mph over limit. but if it were their house,or family in a wreck i bet they would love for us to run 50+ over limit so not to take sides but ill almost garentee that they are in the right just most civillians? dont realize it.
BekaintaFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BekaintaFunkSend a Private Message to BekaintaFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to agree with the negative part of this thread. Almost every expierience I have with a cop is a bad one... I'm not too sure why either... I'm just a teenage female who allways smiles and acts really nice when I talk to cops, yet I still get treated like crap. I did get let go once when I was doing maybe 10 over the speed limit, which I was very gratefull for. But when I got my ticket (doin 82 in a 65) the cop was very confusing and retartedly mean! He asked me where I was coming from and I said "Williamsville", then he asked me what I was doing there so I said "ummm... living?" and he told me that was the wrong answer....? Well.... what else was I supposed to say? That was just a tid bit of the horrible conversation but I really think he was trying to trick me into saying stupid things because I suck at talking to "higher-ups" and what not. But there are waaaay too many crap things that cops have done to me to list. Don't get me wrong, a lot do their jobs but some people don't seem to see how many jerk cops there are out there.
PFF
System Bot
Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

this doesnt always work. i've heard several stories from both sides where they were speeding to the hospital (emergency), and the cop let them take off, except he would follow them to the hospital and write them a ticket, and either wait and have them sign it or stick it on their windshield for them.

fact is, cops are humans too, and i dont think very many of us can say that we wouldn't take advantage of the extra leeway/power that comes with such a station. its the same as working at a restaurant and getting free/cheap food/drinks. its like a perk if you will. its the people that take it too far that are a menace and a danger, and normally they get what's coming to them.

and they do actually have the same rules, its just the punishments are a little different, i.e. they dont typically get tickets, they get in plenty of trouble if the boss finds out tho
BekaintaFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BekaintaFunkSend a Private Message to BekaintaFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fact is, cops are humans too, and i dont think very many of us can say that we wouldn't take advantage of the extra leeway/power that comes with such a station. its the same as working at a restaurant and getting free/cheap food/drinks. its like a perk if you will. its the people that take it too far that are a menace and a danger, and normally they get what's coming to them.

...now I'm not trying to start a debate, but from all the jobs I've worked with food taking extra stuff doesn't hurt anyones feelings like cops over using their power does...
Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BekaintaFunk:

...now I'm not trying to start a debate, but from all the jobs I've worked with food taking extra stuff doesn't hurt anyones feelings like cops over using their power does...

it would if you were in charge of inventory and had your boss kicking your ass for too much shrinkage...
BekaintaFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BekaintaFunkSend a Private Message to BekaintaFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

it would if you were in charge of inventory and had your boss kicking your ass for too much shrinkage...

in almost every food situation I've been its been extra thats gonna get thrown out anyways, like most places do at the end of the night, then its free for the taking.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stalen88GT:

I will make this fiero related.............While I am driving my Little Red Bomb I see cops speeding for no reason, crossng double yellow lines, going through intersections by flashing their light and then turning them off. There I have started this I would like to hear from the rest of you.

Any cops on this forum too bad we all have bad experiences with you guys/gals and us tax payers need to vent. I do respect officers and the laws out there and there is a need for them I just hate the way there is one (read - no) set of laws for them but official ones for the tax payers on the road or possible anywhere else.

Well I will not accuse with showing my own faults so the next is my greatest short coming.

The only law I tend to break and not by much is speeding. If I speed it is 5-10 mph more than posted generally speaking. So I am not perfect, but come on I see more flagrant abuses by the law enforcers all the time and I am pissed about it. who's with me?

Galen

Actually they do have clear rules they are supposed to follow ( they learn this in training ). But like in every segment of the popuation there are good ones and bad ones. Problem is its not often the bad ones get caught, and bad ones can cause REAL damage...

loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cops are revenue generators plain and simple. If you think they are wearing that badge and uniform to protect the public you are sadly mistaken. From my own experience, if you are in dire need of assistance and call the cops, you might as well sign your own death ticket because they won't care one bit. They might show up three hours later , but only after making numerous stops on route to issue "public endangering" tickets such as window tint violations, rust citations, mud or snow obstructing your license plates, etc. Truth be told, I think the police's true goal is to get violence and crime rates as high as possible, that way they can appeal to the public and the city to hire more of their useless asses promising that increased policing will the lower crime nubers. Then once these extra thugs in blue hit the street, they too turn a blind eye to crime and instead pester the average joe with their money grubbing antics. Like i have said earlier, if the cops around here were put in a situation where they came upon a woman getting raped and a car with a taillight out at the same time, they would go after the guy with broken taillight 9 times out of 10. More money, less risk, and another violent crime = win for the police.

I'm sure there are a handful of police out there who are genuinely good individuals, but from my past experience they are far and few outnumbered by the power tripping a-holes described above.

[This message has been edited by loafer87gt (edited 09-16-2006).]

RickN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RickNSend a Private Message to RickNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My beef is that law enforcement should be required to abide by civilian traffic laws unless they have at least flashing lights on. I can understand the need to respond to a scene silently but I believe there is no situation that should warrant breaking civilian traffic laws without the lights. Casually cruising 20+ mph over the prevailing traffic speed and/or speed limit, making multiple lane changes with no signals, and tailgating are just arrogant abuses of their position. I have sat and listened to the bragging and boasting of law enforcement officers in their off hours at dinner parties and other social gatherings and it's inexcusable, describing how their buddy got the latest "hot" car and they took it onto the interstate and got up to "insert stupid mph here". Law enforcement needs to start policing there own more vigorously. They can't expect respect from the rest of us when they behave this way themselves whether they are exempt or not from the laws that you and I must obey. Don't even get me started on chases...
------------------
RickN
White 88GT 5spd
White 85GT Auto
White 99 F250SD 7.3PSD 6spd

[This message has been edited by RickN (edited 09-16-2006).]

under8ted

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-16-2006 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for under8tedSend a Private Message to under8tedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

and either wait and have them sign it or stick it on their windshield for them.

DO NOT--EVER--sign anything for a piece of filth pig. Once you do, it becomes contract law--not civil law.

Use the pen as a dagger and put it in the bastards throught.......thats better than they deserve, but the best that can be done at the moment.

Its LOOONNGGGGGG past time to teach the nazi trash they are not a ruling class. If they dont like it, they have 2 choices-=-shut up and leave, or die.

In case you havent guessed my politics by now--I really do think its time for a new civil war, and once and for all kick some government pig ass. The taliban 1/2 a world away isnt my enemy, thay have done nothing to harm me personally---the asswipe pig on the corner, well thats a different storey.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loafer87gt:

Cops are revenue generators plain and simple. If you think they are wearing that badge and uniform to protect the public you are sadly mistaken. From my own experience, if you are in dire need of assistance and call the cops, you might as well sign your own death ticket because they won't care one bit. They might show up three hours later , but only after making numerous stops on route to issue "public endangering" tickets such as window tint violations, rust citations, mud or snow obstructing your license plates, etc. Truth be told, I think the police's true goal is to get violence and crime rates as high as possible, that way they can appeal to the public and the city to hire more of their useless asses promising that increased policing will the lower crime nubers. Then once these extra thugs in blue hit the street, they too turn a blind eye to crime and instead pester the average joe with their money grubbing antics. Like i have said earlier, if the cops around here were put in a situation where they came upon a woman getting raped and a car with a taillight out at the same time, they would go after the guy with broken taillight 9 times out of 10. More money, less risk, and another violent crime = win for the police.

I'm sure there are a handful of police out there who are genuinely good individuals, but from my past experience they are far and few outnumbered by the power tripping a-holes described above.

I do agree with the statement they are not here to protect your family from harm. That is your job.

They are here to 'serve' the community and find/prosecute the criminal afterwards. To serve as a deterrent mostly.

That is, unless we degerate into a total police state.. then the rules are different.

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nurb432

33616 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by under8ted:

DO NOT--EVER--sign anything for a piece of filth pig. Once you do, it becomes contract law--not civil law.

Use the pen as a dagger and put it in the bastards throught.......thats better than they deserve, but the best that can be done at the moment.

Its LOOONNGGGGGG past time to teach the nazi trash they are not a ruling class. If they dont like it, they have 2 choices-=-shut up and leave, or die.

In case you havent guessed my politics by now--I really do think its time for a new civil war, and once and for all kick some government pig ass. The taliban 1/2 a world away isnt my enemy, thay have done nothing to harm me personally---the asswipe pig on the corner, well thats a different storey.

Not all cops are bad. Its just that the bad ones get a lot of press due to the power they have. For every bad cop there are thousands of hardworking ones that are just out to do their job every day and go back home to their family in once piece.

PFF
System Bot
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are right........there is a very real tendancy for cops, and other assorted sub-human scum, to think they are better than us.
Laws apply to us, not them. they can demand to see our ID--but just watch what happens when you as a free man demand to see thiers.....
they can question whre you are going and what you are doing.........but just try to ask them the same questions.
Personally, I consider it a goddamn shame the WTC;s werent filled with them instead of insurance salsemen.

Wow. No one here really cares about your politics, save it for off topic. Have fun in Canada.
D B Cooper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did somebody piss in your Cheerios this morning ?
under8ted

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-16-2006 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for under8tedSend a Private Message to under8tedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by D B Cooper:

Did somebody piss in your Cheerios this morning ?

Yeh, I apologize for being blunt. Its been a morning from hell, and I propably shouldnt be anywhere near a computer, let alone the internet.
under8ted

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-16-2006 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for under8tedSend a Private Message to under8tedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

under8ted

1108 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Not all cops are bad. Its just that the bad ones get a lot of press due to the power they have. For every bad cop there are thousands of hardworking ones that are just out to do their job every day and go back home to their family in once piece.

I've pesonally had a pig ***** kick me in the balls during a custotody battle, my "crime" was entering a room in my own freaken house........her comment was "that will teach you to knock before entering"

Excuse me ????? I DO NOT knock on any G-D door in my own home. I am lord and master, not a piece of trash government employee. If the scum dont like it, thats just freaken tough.

(I did end up bankrupting the ***** at civil trial later. which got me all of 10 bucks or thereabouts. I tried to have the **** charged with assult on the spot and her partner laughed at me and put me in handcuffs along with a bat upside the head. The supervisor pig was about as much help as a case of the clap.)

As far as I'm concerned, the only good nazi is a dead nazi, and there are more of us than there are of them.

so why do we let them live?? If you want to fight terrorism, you need go no further than your local city hall and department of pig **** .
87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This one time, I was smoking crack while getting a bj from a hooker and driving the wrong way down the highway, and this damn cop arrested me... BS
under8ted

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-16-2006 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for under8tedSend a Private Message to under8tedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87FieroGTx:

This one time, I was smoking crack while getting a bj from a hooker and driving the wrong way down the highway, and this damn cop arrested me... BS

Believe what you will man, thats up to you.

I'm going to continue to support the extermination of nazis. screw the nazis and thier lawyers if they dont like it.

Timothy McVeys only crime was only using one truck.
Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

so sayeth the canadian. i dont know how it goes up there, but as they'll tell you on the spot its not an admission of guilt, just saying you've been notified so you can't deny getting the ticket.
Vunda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VundaSend a Private Message to VundaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RANT FOLLOWS

originally posted by UNDER8TED
. You are right........there is a very real tendancy for cops, and other assorted sub-human scum, to think they are better than us.

now this is my first time reading this thread and i had to stop after reading the abouve quote. So if he has already been spoke to this then, well ok, i dont mind saying it again!! WHO THE H#LL ARE YOU AND HOW DARE YOU WISH THAT ANY AMERICAN OR PERSON FOR THAT MATTER WOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE WORLD TRADE CENTER? I have only been haggled once by police(before military), and even then for what i was doing i got off easy. Yes i am in the military, and the way i see it the Police/EMT/Firefighter's allow me to do what i need to over seas, by making sure that they are here to respond should my family need them , so because of them i sleep better at night and am thankful for them. I am done for now so that i dont go too far overboard, but that comment hit a nerve. to everyone else that is not "under8ted" sorry that you had to waste your time reading this.
But anywho the

[This message has been edited by Vunda (edited 09-17-2006).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Timothy McVeys only crime was only using one truck.

Are you on drugs or is this your actual stance?
An office building full of civilians,secretarys, a day care , you know with little kids!!! If that guy is your hero then you are a real pos.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock