Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Five against one. Fair fight? Perhaps not. (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Five against one. Fair fight? Perhaps not. by Raydar
Started on: 05-30-2006 09:35 AM
Replies: 254 (4302 views)
Last post by: greengoblin0129 on 08-19-2006 08:04 PM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I heard about this on the news, on the way to work this morning.

Apparently, in midtown Atlanta, there lives a retired Marine who owns (or at least closes up) one of the local businesses.
Last night after closing, as he was walking down the street, a car pulled up to the curb and five people (3 men and two women) jumped out to rob him. One of them had a shotgun.

The Marine kicked the shotgun out of the guy's hands. Then, armed with only his pocket knife, killed one of the attackers and put one of the others into the hospital in critical condition. The other three were arrested, later.

There will be no charges filed against the Marine.
The police made the statement that he actually did them a big favor. (Duh!)

The Marine did not wish to speak to the press, and even entered the police station through a back door, in order to maintain his privacy.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierogtowner

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every one of the robbers deserve to die. Scumbags!

Good the Marine remained uninjured.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's putting his training to good use. I hope the survivors learned their lesson and pass it on.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No one ever said that criminals were intelligent. They'll most likely do it again or get the Marine's name and file some kind of rediculous charges.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's an article on it: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/9290011/detail.html

"Thomas Autry, who is a former U.S. Marine, will not be charged since police say he was acting in self defense."

Semper Fi!
DtheC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's unfortunate, in a way, they gave his name. Knowing the US legal system these punks will be out on the street in nothing flat.
Creeps like these don't 'think' the way most of society does, hence the mugging in the first place, they have no Idea of the consequences of their actions or reprocusions. OK, they got their asses handed to them, but they will not even consider that their own actions caused them to get their butts whipped. All the other muggers they know didn't get thier asses whipped? There is something about this Marine that is a menace to their 'society', there fore it's probably OK, in their minds, to take out the guy that whupped their butts. They already have been known to carry wepons. Thomas Autry may be a marked man who needs to keep a low profile, or at the very least get a 'permit to carry'. I know this is not the way an orderly society should work, but these muggers don't think the way a normal member of society thinks! Just ask a cop or a judge. A Liberal would just blame the muggers deprived social upbringing. Myself I would treat these muggers no diferently than a rabid dog, they are too far gone to be healed by conventional medicine. Do animal control officers put rabid animals in a nice environment to let the animal live out it's time peacefully?
Sorry rant over.
"I'm a nice guy. If I had any friends, you could ask them."

[This message has been edited by DtheC (edited 05-30-2006).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just to keep some perspective on this, it was a pregnant teenage girl who was killed.
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He probably had a flash back of NAM and went insane ! Marines rule ! Does anyone know the story (or joke /tale) that goes kinda like this "1 marine is better than 10 iraqi soldiers" ?

------------------
HARDCORE SBC CRONIE AND PROUD OF IT ! GOT TQ ?

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The last line of the article that Formula88 linked...

"Officials say Autry is extremely remorseful."

It also stated that he tried to run away. He didn't just "go off" on them.
It was only when he was met by lethal force that he returned the favor.

I certainly don't have any questions about the man's character or motivation.
DtheC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Just to keep some perspective on this, it was a pregnant teenage girl who was killed.

And do you beleive that she gave a damn about her unborn child?
Strike one, hanging with these creeps.
Strike two, getting out of the car.
Strike three, trying to subdue a marine who has a knife and is trained to use it.
Or maybe they needed the money for prenatal care?

[This message has been edited by DtheC (edited 05-30-2006).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DtheC:

And do you beleive that she gave a damn about her unborn child?
Strike one, hanging with these creeps.
Strike two, getting out of the car.
Strike three, trying to subdue a marine who has a knife and is trained to use it.
Or maybe they needed the money for prenatal care?

Why so defensive? I simply stated a fact from the above link.

Sorry if it wrecks the illusion of some 6'5" 350lb muscle-bound guy being handed his ass.

[EDIT] Since the news story in the link first posted by Formula88 has been updated and changed, I've supplied a copy of the original report in its entirety below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Midtown Rambo; Victim Fight Backs, Kills Robber

ATLANTA -- Five robbers picked the wrong victim in Midtown Atlanta last night and one of them paid with her life.

The victim, Thomas Autry, fought back; killing one robber and wounding another. Three other suspects are in jail.

Autry was walking to his girlfriend's home after getting off work as a waiter at Jocks and Jills.
The five suspects pulled up in a car and confronted the victim in the 500 block of Penn Street just before midnight.

Autry began running down the street yelling for help. Residents who heard him called 911. While he was running, Autry pulled a pocket knife from his backpack.

Two of the robbers jumped from the car. When one of the robbers pointed a shotgun at him, the Autry kicked it out of his hands.

At that point two of the robbers jumped on the victim. During the struggle he stabbed both of them. One, a teenaged female who has been identified as Amy Martin, died of her wounds. Officials say Martin was pregnant. A second is in critical condition.

Police arrived on the scene and with a description of the car; they quickly arrested the three other suspects.

Other suspects arrested were identified as Christopher Daniel, 19, of Atlanta; Kendall Barksdale, 18, of Atlanta; Christopher Hayes, 18, of Douglasville and a 16-year-old male juvenile. They will all be charged with aggravated assault and armed robbery.

Thomas Autry, who is a former U.S. Marine, will not be charged since police say he was acting in self defense. Officials say Autry is extremely remorseful.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-01-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Her fault for jumping him. Don't start none, don't get none.
mxfox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mxfoxClick Here to visit mxfox's HomePageSend a Private Message to mxfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't the article say that she was 17 and two weeks pregnant, being that she was involved in this she would have probably had the child aborted by a doctor or aborted herself with drugs and drink, sad that she or anyone has to die but sometimes when you ask for trouble you find it.
GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why so defensive? I simply stated a fact from the above link.

Sorry if it wrecks the illusion of some 6'5" 350lb muscle-bound guy being handed his ass.

Well, it does come across that you're trying to turn a criminal into a victim. Don't know if that is your intent, but that's how I interpreted it.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastback 86:

Her fault for jumping him. Don't start none, don't get none.

I'm all for the Marine protecting himself. However, it seems unfortunate to me that as a "civilized" society we can so easily shrug off the stabbing death of a pregnant teenage girl. It's an ugly event from any angle.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The only perspective that puts on it is that there were two victims here, Mr. Autry, who was able to defend himself, and the unborn child, who was not.

Given the circumstances, 5 against 1, they were armed, AND he tried to run away, I have no sympathy for that girl. It's a tragedy that she made her child a victim as well, but I wouldn't have expected Mr. Autry to act any differently whether or not she pregnant.

A shotgun is no less lethal when being pointed at you by a pregnant teenage girl or a 350lb 6'5" man.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT86:

...but that's how I interpreted it.

Interpretations can be quite informative. Probably reveals more about the person reading the post than about the person who wrote it.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36251 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by Formula88:

A shotgun is no less lethal when being pointed at you by a pregnant teenage girl or a 350lb 6'5" man.

So now you're stating that the pregnant teenage girl who was stabbed to death was the one holding and pointing the shotgun? Please supply some evidence of this.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm all for the Marine protecting himself. However, it seems unfortunate to me that as a "civilized" society we can so easily shrug off the stabbing death of a pregnant teenage girl. It's an ugly event from any angle.

It is indeed unfortunate, but I am more concerned with a "civilized" society that had pregnant teenage girls commiting armed robbery than how much pity and sympathy people have for this armed robber when she gets killed while attacking someone.

My sympathy goes out to Mr. Autry who has to live with the fact that he killed a pregnant teenage girl to protect his own life.
My sympathy goes out to the unborn life that was cut short because it's mother was a criminal.
GT86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Interpretations can be quite informative. Probably reveals more about the person reading the post than about the person who wrote it.

Possibly. I do feel sorry for the unborn child, but I have no sympathy at all for the attackers in this case. They made their decisions, and the outcome of this incident is the direct result of those decisions.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So now you're stating that the pregnant teenage girl who was stabbed to death was the one holding and pointing the shotgun? Please supply some evidence of this.

From TFA: "Two of the robbers jumped from the car. When one of the robbers pointed a shotgun at him, the Autry kicked it out of his hands.

At that point two of the robbers jumped on the victim. During the struggle he stabbed both of them. One, a teenaged female who has been identified as Amy Martin, died of her wounds. Officials say Martin was pregnant. A second is in critical condition."

So it would appear a male was holding the shotgun, and when it was kicked out of the attacker's hands, "two of the robbers" jumped the victim. I think it's safe to assume the other person of the two was the pregnant girl. When both of them jumped him, he defended himself. Period.

Perhaps I should have said, a shotgun is no less lethal when pointed at you with a pregnant teenage girl standing nearby?

Does it change anything? Does it make her actions or Mr. Autry's actions any more or less justified? If you have a point, make it.
PFF
System Bot
BN Boomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BN BoomerSend a Private Message to BN BoomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good. Sounds like that 2 dirts bags our society won't have to support and be victimized by.

I sure hope to never see you showing support for abortion rights.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to keep this funny before it goes political.

One of our club members was at his home with wife and new baby. So he is living in one of those super protective of everything modes.

He hears his car alarm go off and see someone trying to break the steering column.

Well our club member just happened to be a New Zealand rugby player. (rugby is think, socker+mosh pit+hockey fight)

There were 2 guys, he was only able to catch one, but that one, wished he had chosen a new carrer path.

When the cops finally got there, (wife called them) He simply told the cops he must have tripped and hit his head, nose hand, arms and knees on the concrete.

The cops took the thief into custody. Probably ended up getting out in a day, but at least he will think twice about stealing a fiero.

I think we average about 10-12 fiero's in the club per year get stolen. Really sucks but only thing you can do is get a good alarm and club.

------------------
85GT 5spd ,93 Eldorado 4.9 Dual O2 Custom Chip, Archie Clutch. Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything 245/50/16's Not Your Average 4.9 Capt Fiero Com --- My Over View Cadero Pics

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Does it change anything? Does it make her actions or Mr. Autry's actions any more or less justified? If you have a point, make it.

Yeah, put the gun in her hands, why don't you. Interesting how you tried to alter the news story a bit to more justify your position. I'm sure my point isn't lost on anyone who cares to see it.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36251 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by BN Boomer:

I sure hope to never see you showing support for abortion rights.

Excuse me ?

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's unfortunate that anyone had to die. Much less it being an unborn child. However, Mr. Autry was defending himself. Man or woman, adult or child, he probably feared for his life. Sounds like they would have probably killed him had he not fought back. When they jumped him, Mr. Autry probably had no way of know who he was using his knife on. Much less know that the girl was pregnant. While I mourn the loss of life, I don't question Mr. Autry's actions one bit. Given the same circumstances, most of us would probably do the same thing.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, put the gun in her hands, why don't you. Interesting how you tried to alter the news story a bit to more justify your position. I'm sure my point isn't lost on anyone who cares to see it.

Actually MY point was it doesn't matter who's holding the gun, so your suppostion of any ulterior motives on my part is baseless and unfounded.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 05-30-2006).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actually MY point was it doesn't matter who's holding the gun, so your suppostion of any ulterior motives on my part is baseless and unfounded.

It just sounded so much cooler when you made it appear that the shotgun was in her hands, right?

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually, the entire thread sounded better before you started trolling.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You come from the false premise that this society is "civilized" which, clearly, it is not. Caviat emptor. The woman was trying to mug someone.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actually, the entire thread sounded better before you started trolling.

Yeah, you tried to fabricate the facts and I'm the bad guy.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-30-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

The Marine kicked the shotgun out of the guy's hands. Then, armed with only his pocket knife, killed one of the attackers and put one of the others into the hospital in critical condition. The other three were arrested, later.

Hmm...."The Few, The Proud [badass], The Marines." Yep, it seems everything is in order, hehe.

------------------

"Anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good but it ever is the real car, make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has, anything is possible and, ideas can be a reality."

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

You come from the false premise that this society is "civilized" which, clearly, it is not.

You're right. How silly of me.

GT86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, you tried to fabricate the facts and I'm the bad guy.

You're the one that attempted to paint one of the instigators as some sort of victim.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

During this lull in the action, I'd just like to thank those responsible for all the negative ratings I've picked up in this thread.

I'd also like to mention though that not once did I criticize the Marine for doing what he did.

However, unlike some of you apparently, I didn't do any cartwheels upon hearing that a pregnant teenage girl died during this confrontation

Hey, if it makes you feel good, keep those negatives coming...
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36251 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by GT86:

You're the one that attempted to paint one of the instigators as some sort of victim.

As I stated to you earlier:

cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So basically the girl threw the baby in front of a knive, so in essence she killed the baby, not the marine.

He had no clue she was pregnant.
GT86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Alright then, let's set my interpretations aside. Whose fault is it that this girl is dead?

[This message has been edited by GT86 (edited 05-30-2006).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You guys just don't get it, do you? How many times do I have to repeat that I've not once criticized the Marine for doing what he did. My message all along has been that it's ugly and distressing (to say the least) that we have teenage girls (pregnant or otherwise) dying in the streets. Is this the kind of society we wish to be living in? It's not about who's right or wrong, it's about what a ****ed up world we're living in at the moment.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36251 posts
Member since Apr 99

Another negative.... thanks!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors