Started on: 10-07-2004 12:58 AM
Replies: 73 (2761 views)
Last post by: wikid_one on 10-25-2005 03:41 PM
84Bill

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post10-09-2004 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Ok fb.. but It's not like you are running for office and need the majority vote. like you said "Giving someone a negative for their opinion is just WRONG." so why let them win? Just try not to let the attacks "spill over" into another thread. It just makes you looks really bad and I'm sure thats where alot of negs stem from..

Anyways..

A fragment of "Old Glory"

Old Glory; hallowed symbol of our Republic now seemingly hollowed and emptied by the misplaced pride of those who hold you dear. Wrap your undying spirit around our fallen heroes; guide us true and deliver them tranquil rest in the fertile soil of your birth; that their love of you may remain forever shining as the sun untarnished. They being the seed commanding eternal reverence for you we weep; the multitudes of wounded souls long cried out amassed; nourishing you with unflinching truth. Restoring to us the great tree of liberty; this embodiment of you bearing the fruits of their many sacrifices; that we may subsist in equal measure: as is meant to be.

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 05-29-2007).]

IP: Logged
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2004 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

Ok fb.. but It's not like you are running for office and need the majority vote. like you said "Giving someone a negative for their opinion is just WRONG." so why let them win? Just try not to let the attacks "spill over" into another thread. It just makes you looks really bad and I'm sure thats where alot of negs stem from..

Anyways..

Originally, I had just responded to someone else's comments about ratings and so forth, I didn't intend for this to become a long discussion about my ratings thing and my plans. Let's drop it.

Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2004 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread had potential trash goodness, but it has definatly not fulfilled it.

Boring.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2004 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

like you said "Giving someone a negative for their opinion is just WRONG."

Well there you go, You talk out of both sides of your mouth, don't you ! I posted my opinion, didn't use any harsh or foul langage, but you quickly announce (to the whole Forum) you rated me a negative for it. I'm not going to defend my position on this, frankly don't care about the negative you've given me, because I don't have that much respect for you in the first place.

------------------

Car History: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 10-09-2004).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-09-2004 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Well there you go, You talk out of both sides of your mouth, don't you ! I posted my opinion, didn't use any harsh or foul langage, but you quickly announce (to the whole Forum) you rated me a negative for it. I'm not going to defend my position on this, frankly don't care about the negative you've given me, because I don't have that much respect for you in the first place.

I see.
Well, "Red bar brigaders" don't fly with me. It's unfortunate you don't understand why so I'll make it simple. Creating the "hit list" was your way of getting others to rate those guys negativly. In my books this "hit list" was an antagonistic post and warrants a negative rating.

BTW..
Dont worry about it because I change them regularly. The only time it becomes perminent is if you are a constant troll.... Which you are not.

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 10-09-2004).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-09-2004 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 10-09-2004).]

CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black88GT:

I was first on the list

I'M NUMBER 1, I'M NUMBER 1

I bet its because youre black, damn those rednecks......

lol

------------------

"Naw man, not a Ferrari, it's a Fiero. I don't know, its kinda like a poor mans Ferrari. I dont give a damn about what Kelly's says about its value."
Part of a Phone Conversation with my Auntie, lol

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2004 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CommanderKeen:

I bet its because youre black, damn those rednecks......

lol

lol. Kill whitey! j/k, I am not black but that sounds like a good excuse anyway

Down with the man!

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2004 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think we need the fire department to come and put this one out... but i dont know if FDNY is big enough...

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

My Fiero XoticRydz
Mid-Rear Madness

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My point is if a "good" forum memeber got banned by "bad" forum members, should the "good" member be allowed to rejoin?

well, it would be virtually impossible for a 'good' member to be banned by any group, simply because of the math involved. For a person to even fall below "50%", 1/2 of his ratings +1 would have to be negative or neutral I believe. both 'good' and 'bad', are like beauty-it's in the eye of the beholder. I happen to be one of those who believes there is some of both in all. Anyone who is simply a troll would still have to be an absolute axhole to warrant a neg, especially if he/she were knowlegable in automotive endeavors and tended to share that knowlege here. Some may choose to share that knowlege in a somewhat abrasive manner, but still, it is available if anyone cares to read thru a little jocularity and trollishness. I also believe tenacity is a hell of a desirable virtue, even if that tenacity is used in pursuing an ideal I don't happen to agree with. I think one of the reasons some give negs out, is that deep down, they have a fear that the 'bad' person might actually be right, and they'd rather not face that possibility. Rating them to the point of banishment tends to put that fear 'out of sight-out of mind'.

But, to address your original question Lex:
Sure. I believe everyone deserves a second chance. In this scenario tho, where the majority is now 'bad' and the 'good' are evidently a minority, that second chance would have to include the previously banned member coming back and behaving as a 'bad' member. Otherwise, he/she would just be beset with negs and quickly banned again. Kind of interesting really, if you think about it a bit. a little like a law abiding citizen suddenly being thrust into a society of miscreants, and having to change his spots, as it were, in order to fit into that society and survive. Intresting question. I'll change you from a neutral to a positive just for making me excersize my brain a little.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-13-2004).]

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

well, it would be virtually impossible for a 'good' member to be banned by any group, simply because of the math involved. For a person to even fall below "50%", 1/2 of his ratings +1 would have to be negative or neutral I believe.

I disagree though.. There are a few respected members who are mostly green, who don't have many ratings.. (60 we'll say, 40-45 of those being positives for arguments sake).. I mean, it would take a bunch of people, but it still wouldn't be miraculous to have him flashing red.. Granted, they'd start a rate me thread and bump it up to 110 green ratings, but if that didn't happen, I think it would be quite possible. Well, then again in retrospect, if I'm not mistaken, Cliff still has the last word I believe, so it wouldn't happen, but you know what I"m saying..

PFF
System Bot
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2004 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder what the percentage of neg to pos would cause this to happen?
The Punisher

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 433
User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2004 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
JM / SH THE MOST ELECTRIFYING MEN IN FIERO ENTERTAINMENT!

I am The Punisher and I approve this message
Opinions are like ‘The Punisher” everyone has one ™
Member of the Redbar Brigade

The Punisher

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2004 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Punisher

1253 posts
Member since Jul 2004
I like cheese

------------------
JM / SH THE MOST ELECTRIFYING MEN IN FIERO ENTERTAINMENT!

I am The Punisher and I approve this message
Opinions are like ‘The Punisher” everyone has one ™
Member of the Redbar Brigade

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
both 'good' and 'bad', are like beauty-it's in the eye of the beholder. I happen to be one of those who believes there is some of both in all.

look out, youre going to get in trouble with the moral absolutists!
i'd give you a + for that, but too late, youve already got one.
MarkJPana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkJPanaSend a Private Message to MarkJPanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sig test

------------------

3.4 Turbo project Started ~ Gathering The Goodies
AIM : Mjpana252
email : MarkJPana@Comcast.net

[This message has been edited by MarkJPana (edited 10-17-2004).]

DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2004 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mark, you're sick is psychodellic I like it

------------------
1988 Aero 88 coupe.. 2.8l v6.. more mods to come.
Photo Gallery - Fiero Links - WebShop

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2004 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow I know I'm home sick when I'm reading the trash can...but it can be entertaining! SH/JM your sig is hilarious and so is yours MJP!

fierohobby

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohobbySend a Private Message to fierohobbyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm reading this thread, and Eminem's "Without Me" keeps running through my head....

TP, you and Donk put up some of the funniest posts in the place. You guys really ought to call yourselves the RedBar Comedy Brigade.

MarkJPana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkJPanaSend a Private Message to MarkJPanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sig test

------------------

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.
3.4 Turbo project Started ~ Gathering The Goodies
AIM : Mjpana252
email : MarkJPana@Comcast.net

[This message has been edited by MarkJPana (edited 10-22-2004).]

The Punisher

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-22-2004 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ani sigs are against forum rules.
PFF
System Bot
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2005 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by KissMySSFiero (edited 01-20-2005).]

KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2005 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KissMySSFiero

5541 posts
Member since Nov 2000
del

[This message has been edited by KissMySSFiero (edited 01-20-2005).]

KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2005 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KissMySSFiero

5541 posts
Member since Nov 2000
x

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com
Yellow Formula Signature

• 88 Yellow FORMULA
  • ZZ3 HSR, 345hp, 390lb-ft. Est to be done one of these days.
  • V8 buildup thread
  • My Shower Cam
  • At mile 20 I thought I was dead At mile 22 I wished I was dead At mile 24 I knew I was dead At mile 26.2 I realized I had become too tough to kill
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2005 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
test

------------------
1988 Fiero GT 2.8
1991 S-10 5-speed 2.8
www.gmfwd.com

LITEDAZE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2005 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LITEDAZESend a Private Message to LITEDAZEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sig test biaaaaaaaaatch

------------------

Musmaro13

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2005 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Musmaro13Click Here to visit Musmaro13's HomePageSend a Private Message to Musmaro13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
testing my sig dogg!!!!!!!!!

------------------
http://www.outpimp.com/?x=461381 http://www.mistreetscene.org

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2005 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero1:
Shut up

classic thread!

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2005 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Talk about a blast from the past...
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2005 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
why would anyone bookmark a thread like this and bring it back from the dead after 9 months? what's the purpose?
UDLOSE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post10-24-2005 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UDLOSESend a Private Message to UDLOSEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

why would anyone bookmark a thread like this and bring it back from the dead after 9 months? what's the purpose?

To see how many pieces of sh!t own fieros!!!

Or the ones that just hang out here and dont even own or like Fieros.

pathetic

------------------
Im glad I dont have to listen to closet ricers on the other car forums. Some peoples kids.

PFF
System Bot
wikid_one

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2005 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sig test

------------------

wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2005 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wikid_one

2838 posts
Member since Dec 2003
one more time
wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2005 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wikid_one

2838 posts
Member since Dec 2003
crap... forgot to check it

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page