Stock 4.9 1/4 mile times? by hoola47
Started on: 07-26-2004 01:17 AM
Replies: 283 (7648 views)
Last post by: FieroGTguy on 09-30-2004 01:06 AM
hoola47

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2004 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hoola47Send a Private Message to hoola47Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All the times (1/4 mile thread) are modded, or modded heavily, 12.51 for Master tuner and PBJ"s her 86gt turbo etc.

Rockcrawl: 13.3 modded
Fieroking: 13.90@96mph (mod. 4.9 Caddy)

I was wondering what does a stock 4.9 with an auto or stick run in a fiero, ( at the most with a rockcrawl chip)?
I'd be more interested in this install if I had an idea on performance times.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2004 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The first (and only) time we ran the Finale with the 4.9 we ran a 14.81@ ~100 mph. BUT, we have a problem. When Rockcrawl did the chip, the code on our transmission was unreadable and he used the most common gear ratio in a '93 Deville, a 2.73 (or thereabouts) to program the chip. When we ran it on the strip, we would hit the rev limiter and the car would not shift unless Chris got out of the throttle first, then he could go again. We've since had the car on the dyno and from that were able to calculate the true final drive ratio is a 2.97. Rockcrawl is even now reprogramming us a new chip. The dyno showed our engine to be making good HP and we should be in the high 13's. I'm HOPING for a 13.89, but I'll be satisfied with anything under 14.

I've driven a lot of quick cars in my years and this car certainly feels like an honest 13 second car to me if we don't have to get out of the throttle two times every pass down the strip.

John Stricker

PS: Forgot to say this has the 4T60E transmission and is bone stock except for an MSD 6A and is in excellent tune.

[This message has been edited by jstricker (edited 07-26-2004).]

hoola47

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2004 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hoola47Send a Private Message to hoola47Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the response, anyone else ever take there stock 4.9 to the track without any problems?

[This message has been edited by hoola47 (edited 07-26-2004).]

linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2004 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hoola47:

Thanks for the response, anyone else ever take there stock 4.9 to the track with any problems?

Not yet, trying to go for the 1st time this saturday, worst case my 1st run will be on the 14th at St. Thomas

4.9 PFI FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2004 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4.9 PFI FIEROSend a Private Message to 4.9 PFI FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to know this information too before I do this swap. I dont wanna put a motor in my car if i'm gonna be running 14's I want at least a 13.x 1/4 mile. It just sounds better to say 13 rather than 14 know what i mean.

[This message has been edited by 4.9 PFI FIERO (edited 07-26-2004).]

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2004 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by linenoise:

Not yet, trying to go for the 1st time this saturday, worst case my 1st run will be on the 14th at St. Thomas

Got any pics of your new install?

------------------
-Chris - Custom Gun Metal 86 GT 3.4 5spd
3.4 SOLD & 4.9 being installed

"It's too low, too rough, too loud, drinks gas, it's totally impractical, but damn good lookin. In other words, It's almost perfect!"
Build up tread or MODS w/ Pics

linenoise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2004 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black-Azz-GT:

Got any pics of your new install?

Weathers good, Camera is charged. I'll take some pictures and post them tonight.

4.9 PFI FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4.9 PFI FIEROSend a Private Message to 4.9 PFI FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bring back to life (bump)
The Punisher

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 433
User Banned

Report this Post08-28-2004 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
all 3 stock 4.9's that have posted times here have been high 14's to low 15's at 90ish mph with the auto tranny

So with those 3 stockers its safe to assume that your 4.9 swap with an auto tranny as well will turn a high 14. Sad but true

------------------
JM / SH

I gotta have more cowbell!!!

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought Rockcrawl, before he modded his 4.9, was in the high 13s? I've always thought the 4.9 was a mid to high 13 second car. The torque down low makes it a real good 1/8th mile car, do they seem to run out of breath at the end of the 1/4?

------------------

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I am forced to agree with the Punisher.. My 4.9/auto bone stock is running consistent 15.1 That's with tires that were not hooking up well and a load of crap in the trunk. Also, unlike most 4.9s my car has a full exhaust with a CAT. So with new tires I think I could get to high 14s.

But I don't think you are going to get to the 13s with a bone stock 4.9

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 08-28-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I think I am forced to agree with the Punisher.. My 4.9/auto bone stock is running consistent 15.1 That's with tires that were not hooking up well and a load of crap in the trunk. Also, unlike most 4.9s my car has a full exhaust with a CAT. So with new tires I think I could get to high 14s.

I will be running a Carbed 5spd Notchie with TRUE Dual Exhaust and I hope to be in the 13's Will be able to post when I get it done.

linenoise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I agree with the punisher here. Rock crawl’s 13.9 was with a manual tranny and some mod's. I'm willing to put money down the a stock auto 4.9 will run at best 14.6 (I'm in the 14.7's now). Every time I drive it at the track I seem to get faster however I really don't think I'll break 14.6 without doing some mods. I hope to be the 1st person to show what a stock 4.9 / auto will run on a 100 shot of nitrous. Right now I'm waiting on a few required items (imho) before I spray it (MSD Ignition, MSD Retard & Upgraded fuel pump, the stock Fiero pump is only good up 250 or so by other people’s observations)

------------------

1988 GT Black W/Beechwood Interior & 17" ADR Battle Exe's
Want a 4.9 Installed into your Fiero? PBJ can do it!
My ¼ mile time.
The Cadero Registry.

[This message has been edited by linenoise (edited 08-28-2004).]

PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have driven and been in many 4.9's incuding Rockcrawls modded 4.9. The 4.9 is great for the light to light low end grunt. With the caddy transmission, using caddy a caddy torque converter, you will be going down the highway at 80 mph and 2000 rpm. The combo is set up for factory cruising not for drag racing. I am sure a stock 4.9 with a standard transmission would drop a second in the 1/4. Even without a caddy trans/torque converter it would drop into a consistant mid to high 14's. Most people who pay for swaps are looking for reliability not a mix and match to get it down the track to be quick enough to satisfy some punk(s) with thier expections. So yes. . . there are many things you can do to the 4.9 to increase the 1/4 mile performance but changing from stock factory takes away from the daily driver reliabilty.

I would say if you want a drag car then don't go 4.9. But my wife has well over 250 1/4 mile passes on her 4.9 while other 3800 sc have broken before reaching what she is producing on the track. Also sbc 350 are complaining about traction or tranies or I could have done better if I tried.......

So please, the stock engine bashing is really lame, my brothers stock sbc in his auto firebird does 16.5 sec in the 1/4 mile. A stock auto V6 fiero is mid 16 sec but light to light is not a challange for a civic at times according to some. So why is a stock 200 hp V8 auto a problem if it produces times that a 200 hp engine should. Light to light it will have no problem even if the honda has NOS.

We have proven the 4.9 to put-out mid 300 hp with a 12.2 ET quarter mile and are now surprisingly in the top 10 of fieros on the 1/4 surpasing many other known "better" engines according to some.

Anyways I have been rambling, What I am saying is why compare a stock automatic 4.9 V8 to a modified whatever. There are many stock 350's not pushing out 200 hp that thier owners are more than happy with.

The 4.9 is an engine that as it revs it looses power, which is really a different sensation that most people are use to, and must be driven in to feel and appreciate the right-off-the-line feeling.

Pete

scrabblegod

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scrabblegodSend a Private Message to scrabblegodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stock 4.9 and stock chip, 4T60E, 2.73FD, BF Goodrich 245-55-17 with car at 2990 with me in it.
60 ft 1.896
1/8 9.290@ 73.6mph
1/4 14.694@ 90.172mph

There is slight tire spin, so with good rubber, maybe could find another tenth or so.

In the 16 passes down the track, I have run against Mustangs, Camaros and Firebirds that were mid-high 13 second cars, and in every case, beat them to the 1/8 mile (that includes a New Corba R) . After that, it is over.

This is why the 4.9 is such a great street combo. It has the power where it counts in light to light racing.

------------------
87 Notchie 4.9
87 SE 3.4TDC swap in progress
87 Notchie Pontiac 428 longitudinal coming soon

[This message has been edited by scrabblegod (edited 08-28-2004).]

jeffndebrus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeffndebrusSend a Private Message to jeffndebrusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who cares -------I like the way it sounds!!!!! No 4 banger or v-6 will ever sound this good!!!!!!!
If you are reading this and like the way a 4cyl sounds with a poopcan exhaust then you wouldn't understand----Those of us born a few years back appreciate the sound of an American v-8. My 2.8 was tired and the caddy will give me good gas mileage plenty of power and nice reliability for a good price and it will always sound wonderful to my ears.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jeffndebrus:
My 2.8 was tired and the caddy will give me good gas mileage plenty of power and nice reliability for a good price and it will always sound wonderful to my ears.

Imagine the upgrade from a duke

Mastermind

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 207
User Banned

Report this Post08-28-2004 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As most will tell you, the 4.9 may not be the best choice if you have the dragstrip in mind. However, it's damn hard to beat (even in stock form) when dueling in light to light challenges.
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
go with what you like not what everyone else likes...

------------------
http://formula.cryptnix.com

Mastermind

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 207
User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2004 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:

go with what you like not what everyone else likes...

I agree with LoW_KeY. BTW Did I mention I have a 4.9 with Caddy trans?

tn88gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tn88gtSend a Private Message to tn88gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
go with what you like, but where else can you get such an affordable swap that is a pleasure to cruise in and is within striking distance of a stock C5 Corvette, which runs a 13.63 1/4 mile.
PFF
System Bot
86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boy it seems like everytime I here anything about 4.9 times I always see some type of troll hijack 4.9 threads..... That troll knows who he is.... I will not say names.

anyway I think a stock 4.9 with the 4t60E will do mid 14s, Now a carburated stickshift 4.9 in my guess might do a high 13s, Only why I say carburated is because your allowed to play with the timming advance with softer springs meaning your advancing the timing faster including several other things.... I won't turn this into a carb vs pfi thread......

Now for the price of a 4.9 swap is good and running mid 14s But with a bit of work you can easily get this engines ETA time faster ..... There's sooo much you can do proformance wise and im talking with only bolt ons. And it's been proven from fuel pfi swaps and carburated swaps.

The problem is ppl expect to drop a 4.9 in there fiero with no mods and expect to hit 13s...... Power requires money and work.

[This message has been edited by 86fieroEarl (edited 08-29-2004).]

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, if it only shifts after you run up against the rev limiter and have to back off to make it shift then that's what you can expect.

John Stricker

Originally posted by The Punisher:

all 3 stock 4.9's that have posted times here have been high 14's to low 15's at 90ish mph with the auto tranny

So with those 3 stockers its safe to assume that your 4.9 swap with an auto tranny as well will turn a high 14. Sad but true

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It seems to me that the Caddy auto is ok for modded 4.9's with higher hp to work with, but, for a stock Caddy engine, the gearing is not favourable for 1/4 mi.

Just my opinion, but I don't think I'd be using the Caddy tranny. I think I'd be looking for a 4 gear auto like an Olds or GTP tranny, otherwise a manual tranny if I was looking to make the most of the 4.9 on the quarter mile.

The rpm range of the engine seems to call for on OD gear for highway, ruling out a 4 speed Muncie and leaving the 5 speed Gehtrag as a good possibility if you want stick.

I'd sooner try a better suited 1/4 mi. tranny before writing off the stock engine's potential.

Arn

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you haven't already go ask Pete to take a spin in my car. It should give you a good feel for what a stock 4.9/auto feels like.
The Punisher

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2004 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fieroEarl:

Boy it seems like everytime I here anything about 4.9 times I always see some type of troll hijack 4.9 threads..... That troll knows who he is.... I will not say names.

anyway I think a stock 4.9 with the 4t60E will do mid 14s,

Hmm you are probably talking about me. Sorry but how is my post a trolling post? I spoke the truth. Every stock 4.9 auto owner here who has posted times has posted times of either very high 14's or low 15's.

And I dont' care what you "think" a stock 4.9 with 4t60E will do, cause its been proven it will NOT do a mid 14 EVEN WITH SLICKS!!!!! Keep thinking that all you want. It still wont' change the fact that it won't run mid 14's on a stock setup.

Case closed.

------------------
JM / SH

linenoise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cause its been proven it will NOT do a mid 14 EVEN WITH SLICKS!!!!!

Actually I'm closing in on mid 14 right (14.67@91, If you recall 3 weeks ago 14.89@89 was my best, without changing anything other than my driving I have dropped 2 10th and I'm sure I can pull 1 more out of it) now on street tires, every time I have run it down the track I pull a fatser ET. I'm still learning to launch it just right. I suspect that the 4.9 with Auto is really capable of 14.5.

BTW Punisher you stoll my avatar from another forum? I use the will Ferrell one on another site.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it's quite possible to run mid 14s on slicks with a 4.9/auto. But I agree that 13s are probably out of reach on a bone stock 4.9/auto.
86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmm you are probably talking about me. Sorry but how is my post a trolling post? I spoke the truth. Every stock 4.9 auto owner here who has posted times has posted times of either very high 14's or low 15's.

And I dont' care what you "think" a stock 4.9 with 4t60E will do, cause its been proven it will NOT do a mid 14 EVEN WITH SLICKS!!!!! Keep thinking that all you want. It still wont' change the fact that it won't run mid 14's on a stock setup.

Case closed.

Did you even read my post ?

And the sad truth is.... a person that hijacks every post that invovled a 4.9 is a troll in my book..... Sorry that I hurt your feeling I was actually trying to be nice by not naming any names you already named yourself so there. And it is very possible to run mid 14s with a pfi 4t60e setup.... I had to take time out to laugh when you said that it couldn't do mid 14s on slicks because alot of the caddy trannies is geared where you barely squeek the tires..... So answer this.... Why would a car that barely squeeks the tires need slicks ? There actually a bit heavier.

oh well im done with you...... When you claimed that you could get a 2.8.... Up to what? 200hp for only $500bucks?... then when everyone questioned you your only remark was nitrous on a tired 2.8 I just shook my head.

So 14s is good but there's alot more to build on with bolt ons alone and im not talking about using nitrous on a tired 4.9

The Punisher

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2004 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by linenoise:

Actually I'm closing in on mid 14 right (14.67@91, If you recall 3 weeks ago 14.89@89 was my best, without changing anything other than my driving I have dropped 2 10th and I'm sure I can pull 1 more out of it) now on street tires, every time I have run it down the track I pull a fatser ET. I'm still learning to launch it just right. I suspect that the 4.9 with Auto is really capable of 14.5.

BTW Punisher you stoll my avatar from another forum? I use the will Ferrell one on another site.

RUN THE 100 SHOT , YOU WILL KICK ASS!!

I talked to PBJ today... you need the nitrous. no candy ass 50 shot.. 100 or nothing!!!

JM

linenoise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RUN THE 100 SHOT , YOU WILL KICK ASS!!

I talked to PBJ today... you need the nitrous. no candy ass 50 shot.. 100 or nothing!!!

JM

I was going to step up to 100 in 25 Shot increments. However now that I have everything inbound (Upgraded Fuel pump, MSD Ignition and Retard box, Hobbs switch) I'm skipping the 25, 50 and 75 Shot and going directly to 100

PFF
System Bot
The Punisher

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2004 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fieroEarl:

Did you even read my post ?

Yes

Sorry that I hurt your feeling I was actually trying to be nice by not naming any names you already named yourself so there. And it is very possible to run mid 14s with a pfi 4t60e setup.... I had to take time out to laugh when you said that it couldn't do mid 14s on slicks because alot of the caddy trannies is geared where you barely squeek the tires..... So answer this.... Why would a car that barely squeeks the tires need slicks ? There actually a bit heavier.

No you didnt' hurt my feelings. You can't possibly hurt my feelings. Yea I am so glad you didnt' name names cause its not like noone knew who you were talking about because you were being so discreet about it But I guess you are right. It is possible to run mid 14's on a stock 4.9 and auto tranny as Linenoise is now proving with his 14.6 but I am glad you got a chuckle out of it. Laughter is the best medicine and I think you could use quite a bit to be honest.

Also you are barking up the wrong tree. Why dont' you ask Linenoise why he is using slicks with his 4.9 swap? he is the one that ran a 14.8 with the use of the slicks. I think you will be able to find your answer with him, not me. Boohya. You just got pwn3d!!!

oh well im done with you...... When you claimed that you could get a 2.8.... Up to what? 200hp for only $500bucks?... then when everyone questioned you your only remark was nitrous on a tired 2.8 I just shook my head.

Shake your head all you want just dont' break your neck. Yup thats right. I did 200 hp on a "tired" 2.8. I would think thats such a nice feat on a "tired" 2.8 don't you? And its kind of funny. That "tired" 2.8 was hella faster then many of the 4.9 swaps here. Thats impressive I would think for a "tired" old 2.8 Lets see a 14.1 at 91 mph with an auto tranny. With a 8.8 1/8th mile at 76 mph? Lets see here. That "tired" old 2.8 is still .5 faster then the fastest 4.9 here that has posted times and still even faster mph wise too!! Not bad for just a "tired" 2.8

I might have bought my car with a "tired" 2.8 but at least I didn't swap out one tired engine for another tired engine.

So 14s is good but there's alot more to build on with bolt ons alone and im not talking about using nitrous on a tired 4.9

Show me 4 bolt ons made by aftermarket companies for the 4.9 without including nitrous because you know, nitrous doesn't count.

86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ignorance is bliss..... ROLF

And if your refering to me buying a tired 4.9 then you may be right if you count a engine that had only 50k miles from a wrecked caddy at purchase.

And I thought a 2.8 on a 100shot Will run a bit more then 200hps? I guess since it's tired then you lose the 40hps.... Huh?

The Punisher

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2004 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought you were done with this thread?

And it goes to show you how ignorant you are. I never said my 2.8 was tired. Others did. Unless of course you consider a 20k mile 2.8 tired. But if that makes my engine tired what does that make your 50k mile 4.9?

I see you live in Florida. I know someone with a tired 2.8 that has no problem meeting you for a freindly race. his tired 2.8 vs your not tired 4.9 swap.

PM with what general area you live in and maybe something can be setup.

Lets see if you are willing to back up any of that big 4.9 talk you spew.

------------------
JM / SH

86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM SENT !!!

Available on weekends.......

[This message has been edited by 86fieroEarl (edited 09-28-2006).]

The Punisher

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2004 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And more ignorance from you again. I never said that I ran a 100 shot. Where did you get that number? Where did you read that and who said it? Because I sure never did.

I ran a 70 shot. So I guess technically I had in the area of 210 hp or so. but thats not important.

You are being called out!!!!! Are you willing to step up to the challenge???

Lex

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 217
User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2004 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whoops....

[This message has been edited by Lex (edited 08-29-2004).]

The Punisher

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2004 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today is sunday. Are you willing to do it right now? I can call my buddy and see if he is available.

Meet halfway inbetween.

My buddies car.

88 Formula 5 spd.
80k mile stock "tired" 2.8 This one is pretty tired actually so you might have a chance.

I can only assume you run an auto tranny. Is this correct?

Also since you live in Orlando I am sure there is a drastrip right there. What did you run?

86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And more ignorance from you again. I never said that I ran a 100 shot. Where did you get that number? Where did you read that and who said it? Because I sure never did.

I ran a 70 shot. So I guess technically I had in the area of 210 hp or so. but thats not important.

You are being called out!!!!! Are you willing to step up to the challenge???

I am willing to step up to the challenge......... Dis is going to be sooooooo fun

The Punisher

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2004 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PunisherSend a Private Message to The PunisherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can only assume you run an auto tranny. Is this correct?

Also since you live in Orlando I am sure there is a drastrip right there. What did you run?

Edit:

you have yet to mention 4 bolts on made by aftermarket companies other then nitrous.

I also think its funny you said you were done with this thread long ago. HAHAHA

[This message has been edited by The Punisher (edited 08-29-2004).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay