Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Somebody call a doctor...I'm dying laughing! (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Somebody call a doctor...I'm dying laughing! by Toddster
Started on: 06-25-2004 10:59 AM
Replies: 396 (4749 views)
Last post by: vwaltdog on 07-24-2004 11:18 AM
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2004 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reagan's memoirs "Dutch" was on the New York Times Bestseller list for something like 50 weeks. Clinton's Memoirs haven't been on the bookshelve a full week yet and they have been reduced by 30%!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2004 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fact vs fiction ??
Wait, what is the definition of is ?
Fact vs humor ??
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post06-25-2004 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
www.target.com

Guess what, all of Bill O'Reilly's books are at least 30% off, too. That the way Target sells a lot of books. Next.

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2004 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stimpy:

www.target.com

Guess what, all of Bill O'Reilly's books are at least 30% off, too. That the way Target sells a lot of books. Next.

Of course, that MUST be it. The book sold 400,000 copies (mostly in NY) the first week. Multiply that times 40 and it will close in on the first week's sales of the last Harry Potter book.

Next.

Steve Normington

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2004 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve NormingtonSend a Private Message to Steve NormingtonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

Of course, that MUST be it. The book sold 400,000 copies (mostly in NY) the first week. Multiply that times 40 and it will close in on the first week's sales of the last Harry Potter book.

Next.

That's because some people actually believe what is written in the Harry Potter books.

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-25-2004 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm curious, Todd. I would guess that you would be closest to being a book expert around here. What is the best selling memoir? Do they ever sell that much? And wasn't Clinton's book pre-sold to the tune of 1 million? Just curious.
stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-25-2004 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

stimpy

8197 posts
Member since Jan 2000

Of course, that MUST be it.

Dude, it's got a Target sticker right on it! I'm not making this up. Look on the website and find me a hardcover that isn't discounted 30%. Yep, even your pal Harry Potter...

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2004 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lot of places that sell books discount all new releases and best sellers. It is in part because they build a gigantic margin into the list price, and everyone, author, the book publisher, and the store can still make a killing. Its to make you think your getting a deal on it righ then and there, so you buy it on impulse. Its not a reflection on how well it is selling at all.
stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-25-2004 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Of course, that MUST be it!

Todd must be off doing research.

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-25-2004 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

stimpy

8197 posts
Member since Jan 2000

Next.

BTW, that was 400,000 copies in the first DAY. Compared to Harry Potter 500,000 in the first day.
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/06/24/MNGN57B2Q81.DTL

I'm not trying to be Bill Clinton's cheerleader, but for God's sake, Todd, do some homework!

Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2004 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's nunber 1 on Amazon .com Best seller list!
PFF
System Bot
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2004 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Typical Clinton. Use a LOT of words but not say a lot.

His picture on the front says, "I'm still hot. I can still pick up chicks."

People have a lot of reasons for wanting to be president, but how many people's number ONE reason was to pick up chicks?

I'm waiting for the "video not available in stores" version of Ex-President's Gone Wild.

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-25-2004 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by frontal lobe:
His picture on the front says, "I'm still hot. I can still pick up chicks."

Hey Doc, didn't think you swung that way!

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2004 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm curious, Todd. I would guess that you would be closest to being a book expert around here. What is the best selling memoir? Do they ever sell that much? And wasn't Clinton's book pre-sold to the tune of 1 million? Just curious.

Best selling of all-time?

I'd have to look it up to be sure but I'd put my money on U.S. Grant. It still sells today and it's been in print for 120 years. Bill has some catching-up to do.

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2004 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Toddster

20871 posts
Member since May 2001

Of course, that MUST be it!

Todd must be off doing research.

Actually I have a day job.

I got the point, yes it has a TARGET sticker on it because that is where I bought it. But lets check the sales again in week 50 and do a little Presidential comparison shall we.

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-25-2004 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a date. Oh, wait! That's right, I forgot that I don't care!
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2004 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stimpy,

Ha. LOL. No swinging that way. I don't think Bill, either. Well, unless relatives count.

(yes, apologies to the southerners on the forum for that way too easy stereotype swipe).

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2004 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's a date. Oh, wait! That's right, I forgot that I don't care!

Yeah, I could tell by your 7 posts

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2004 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought it @ Costco for $18.95!!!!!

President Clinton speaks and writes in complete sentences, sometimes using 3 syllable words.
Its nice to read an intelligent, articulate, idealistic persons thoughts. He DID write it himself!
Even if he does "tell it from his own point of view". Thats what the book supposed to be about.
BTW, Has any sitting president (including Clinton) had as many "I hate the SOB" books written about him as the current one? Not even Nixon or LBJ. One or two anti president books may be attributed to kooks, but SO MANY?
I think Bush II has set another record.
When Bush IIs' book comes out, we can debate the merits of that learned tome.
Oh wait, Bush only reads childrens books. (a cheap Farenheit 9/11 joke).
Seriously, if you buy Clintons book looking for objectivity, shame on you.
Good read so far.

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 06-26-2004).]

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2004 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

He DID write it himself!

sigh..
Well, since that is what Clinton is telling everybody I guess the faithful will believe it. But I have been in the book business for 22 years and the truth is the Robert Gottlieb wrote the book from Clinton's "notes". Robert Gottlieb is a well known editor and ghost writer who has worked for Toni Morrison, Robert Caro, and other leading wiriters.

At least when my father wrote his two books he gave FULL credit to his ghost writer Bill Simon. Clinton barely even mentions Gottlieb in the acknowledgements at the end of the book.

BTW, Has any sitting president (including Clinton) had as many "I hate the SOB" books written about him as the current one?

The last one. Dick Morris ( a forrmer Clinton adviosor) wrote a great book called Rewriting History that is both credible and educational.

Seriously, if you buy Clintons book looking for objectivity, shame on you.
Good read so far.

Of course I am not looking for objectivity. Honesty would be nice, but objectivity? No way. So far I find the book to be patronizing. for example, the very firt page of the book attribute's Clinton's "genius" becasue he prioritizes his tasks with an A, B, and C. Uhh, OK. I've taken time management 101 already Bill, can we now talk about the failure to kill Bin Laden?

Later he explains after preparing for his primary in Georgia that one of his political opponents is going to "split him open like a peanut". Then Clinton goes on to explain that remark by telling us dumb ignorant readers that Georgia grows a lot of peanuts. Gee, I musta slept through the entire Carter Administration cause I didn't know that.

So far, however, the book is just boring. I have to agree with the NY Times (for once) who called the book "sloppy, self-indulgent and often eye-crossingly dull." There is a lot of minutia crap in here. Who called who but never what was said. Lot's of, "I knew something had to be done" comments but no comments like AND HERE IS WHAT WE DID.....

So far it's as frustrating as his whole administration...and about as long!

edit: botched the quote location

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 06-26-2004).]

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2004 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just can't wait for George W.'s memoirs. It will have pretty pictures!
PFF
System Bot
I'm Back

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2004 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just can't wait for George W.'s memoirs. It will have pretty pictures!

And connect the dots.

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That was funny.
trailboss

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trailbossSend a Private Message to trailbossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like Ann Coulters take from her column titled "mobys dick";

But Clinton thinks people are dying to read 900 pages about his very ordinary life. He views being president as just one more episode in a life that is fascinating in all its stages because he is just so fascinating as a person -- at least to himself. In a perverse way, it's utterly appropriate. What actually happened during the Clinton presidency? No one can remember anything about it except the bimbos, the lies and the felonies. Fittingly, in the final analysis, Clinton will not be remembered for what he did as president, but for who he did.

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2004 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Love it!

DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Harry Potter rules, Bill Clinton drools!
I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trailboss:

But Clinton thinks people are dying to read 900 pages about his very ordinary life. He views being president as just one more episode in a life that is fascinating in all its stages because he is just so fascinating as a person -- at least to himself. In a perverse way, it's utterly appropriate. What actually happened during the Clinton presidency? No one can remember anything about it except the bimbos, the lies and the felonies. Fittingly, in the final analysis, Clinton will not be remembered for what he did as president, but for who he did.

Good point, his legacy won't be memorialized with such greats as:

1. The Overtime Bill
2. A worthless/fruitlesss war that will net over 1k American deaths before the elction
3. Record job losses
4. Record deficits
5. Record stock market drops (although it appears they may recover enough for him to lose that titleb4 the election)
6. Revoked rules that reduced the acceptable levels of arsenic in drinking water.
7. Killed the Ergonomics Bill
8. Cut the budget of the Environmental Protection Agency by $500 million.

Oh, what the hell; look for yourselves...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/653153/posts

Another site:

1. Attacked and took over two countries.
2. Spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury.
3. Shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history.
4. Set economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.
5. Set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market.
6. First president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.
7. First year in office set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history.
(like that's a bad thing with our criminal president)
8. Appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history.
9. Cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.
10. My presidency is the most secretive and un-accountable of any in US history.
11. First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the human rights commission.
12. Removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history.
13. In a little over two years created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided the US has ever been since the civil war.
14. Entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.

http://www.buzzflash.com/contributors/03/04/23_resume.html

Clinton's resume:

Helped make America a great, proserous place; most prosperous in history. Oh, screwed as many hags as possible too, but I guess that revokes the rest of the great things he's done, right? I see the neo-con agenda; keep the male's penises out of the wrong places, even if it litteraly means the end of the world.

[This message has been edited by I'm Back (edited 06-27-2004).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not even Nixon or LBJ

Don't know about books, but there are several million veterans who would like to pee on his grave. (LBJ)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 06-27-2004).]

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
back to the original topic.. 30% sounds like a smart way to sell it. Take CD's for instance.. new releases are always 14.99, or 12.99, or whatever.. When they get older, they go up to 22.99, etc.. People might already be curious about it, then when they see 30% off, boom.. sold..
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2004 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by I'm Back:

Ya forgot one...
Cough!!! NAFTA.. Cough... gag... ::clears throat::

I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Don't know about books, but there are several million veterans who would like to pee on his grave. (LBJ)

I, for one...

PFF
System Bot
I'm Back

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm Back

3780 posts
Member since Oct 2002

Originally posted by 84Bill:

Ya forgot one...
Cough!!! NAFTA.. Cough... gag... ::clears throat::

Under Clinton's resume I asume you are referring to. NAFTA was signed by Clinton, but don't forget it was initiated by Bush Sr. right before he left office. That doesn't absolve Clinton, but it illustrates that it was more of an elitist tax break than a partisan movement. Clinton also pardoned Symington from prison, so he's no angel, but he did enact many tax breaks for students and their families when in college. He initiated many welfare programs too.

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trailboss:

ANNE COULTER? Give me a break. NO ONE quotes Anne Coulter in a public forum and gets away with it.
She is even more of a wacko for the neo cons than Michael Moore is for the liberals. At least MM slants his facts. AC lives in a fantasyland!
"The war in Iraq is going swimmingly"
-Anne Coulter, recently seen on Fox "news".

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 06-27-2004).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2004 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Under Clinton's resume I asume you are referring to. NAFTA was signed by Clinton, but don't forget it was initiated by Bush Sr. right before he left office. That doesn't absolve Clinton, but it illustrates that it was more of an elitist tax break than a partisan movement. Clinton also pardoned Symington from prison, so he's no angel, but he did enact many tax breaks for students and their families when in college. He initiated many welfare programs too.

Yup..

You know anything about SAFTA?

I bet Kerry signs it in after November.

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

She is even more of a wacko for the neo cons than Michael Moore is for the liberals. At least MM slants his facts. AC lives in a fantasyland!
"The war in Iraq is going swimmingly"
-Anne Coulter, recently seen on Fox "news".

Ground Control to Major Tom. I think your circuit is dead. The difference between Coulter and Moore is that Coulter USES facts. She is an extremist, no doubt. But at least she doesn't have to fabricate evidence and manipulate circumstances to support her position.

PS, the boredom rolls on. I've not read such a vapid piece of self-egrandizing drudgery in my life. You wouldn't have believed it of a President of the US but this guy has led a pretty boring life...only he thinks it's interesting. You know, sort of the way some corn pone thinks watching cows have sex is the high point of his day.

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 06-27-2004).]

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Toddster

20871 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by 84Bill:

Yup..

You know anything about SAFTA?

I bet Kerry signs it in after November.

Just before he gets arrested for impersonating the President.

GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You know, sort of the way some corn pone thinks watching cows have sex is the high point of his day.

Wow. What an elegant insult. Nice work

Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it shows great insight into the character of the man.

Hardest day of his presidency was when he had to admit to Hillary that he had been cheating.

No mention of terrorist attacks on the world trade center 93, Khobar tower attacks, Cole attack, sending Elian back to Cuba, burning a bunch of Jesus freaks to death in Texas..

Really show's that it was, is and always will be all about him..

Steve Normington

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve NormingtonSend a Private Message to Steve NormingtonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Clinton's resume:

Helped make America a great, proserous place; most prosperous in history...

Someone asked this in another thread and I never saw the answer. What did Clinton actually do to make all of this happen?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock