Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  C & C T-Tops Kit: Used, Complete, $500.00 (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
C & C T-Tops Kit: Used, Complete, $500.00 by Car Michael
Started on: 01-21-2004 11:33 PM
Replies: 107 (3184 views)
Last post by: Oreif on 04-08-2004 12:33 AM
Car Michael

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2004 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car MichaelSend a Private Message to Car MichaelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pseals need to be replaced. everything else is there. Shipping in the continental US will be $90.00, same for Canada
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2004 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
dcaprio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2004 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcaprioSend a Private Message to dcaprioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
E-mail if there still avalable. Thanks

------------------

88 Formula

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2004 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's up with these ?
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2004 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
According to Car Michael I was supposed to pick these up last Sunday, but he never confirmed the time. Anybody hear anything ?
dcaprio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2004 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcaprioSend a Private Message to dcaprioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope not ! I sent payment for the t-top kit last week.

------------------

88 Formula

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2004 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder what the heck is going on - look at the times above and you'll see that less than 10 minutes after Car Michael posted, I sent him a PM saying I'd take them. He then agreed and we were arranging to meet this past weekend, so I could pay him and pick up the kit !?

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 01-28-2004).]

86fierose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 213
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2004 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroseSend a Private Message to 86fieroseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
gotta love newbies.....
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 05:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah .. i think it's a scumbag thing to not respect the order people post/offer in (everyone here does) and to set people up to buy things when you've already sold them to someone else. Hope everyone remembers this if Car_Michael tries to sell something here again. But it's not only the newbies - pondski did the same thing to me with t-tops.

I hope dcaprio got the t-tops and they were in good shape .. that might explain why the were sold by mail instead of to someone who could see them b4 he bought them ...

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 01-31-2004).]

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think some people reply with email to avoid bumping the post and attracting more attention to the item. This could cause you to be the first post but the second or even third buyer to reply. I know it has happened to me before.

------------------

DCsoundNut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DCsoundNutSend a Private Message to DCsoundNutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

I hope dcaprio got the t-tops and they were in good shape .. that might explain why the were sold by mail instead of to someone who could see them b4 he bought them ...

Kinda makes you wonder, aye? If you're local, you save HIM the effort and aggrivation of carefully packaging up the product and then driving to the UPS counter or arranging pickup.. Very weird indeed.

Nathan
DC
formula d/d

PFF
System Bot
Car Michael

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car MichaelSend a Private Message to Car MichaelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im sorry, i thought that when an item was sold that the thread was no longer important, apparently it can become a breeding ground for hysteria and lynching.

Pauljk i decided to sell to dcaprio because he was more prompt with communications and had contacted me first and was ready to buy before you. I have put these t-tops in the mall 3 times, and personally i got tired of you telling me you were interested in them and then not hearing from you. According to FieroMonkey you were an unreliable customer when he was selling his T-Top kit in the mall as well.

And as far as your "theory about me selling to someone via mail so he would not know what he was getting, good grief, are you that upset about not getting them that you have to start a retarted myth like that?!
I believe that dcaprio will vouch for the 7 or 8 high quality digital pictures i sent him of every part. Only after he saw pictures of everything did he agree tp buy them. He is a good guy, and i doubt he will be dissapoited when he gets his T-Top set. How in the hell do you ever buy parts for your car. Must be tough when unless you see them with your own to eyebalss and carress them apparently, eh?

Originally posted by 1MohrFiero
I think some people reply with email to avoid bumping the post and attracting more attention to the item. This could cause you to be the first post but the second or even third buyer to reply. I know it has happened to me before.

You sir are correct on both counts

Originally posted by DCsoundNut

Kinda makes you wonder, aye? If you're local, you save HIM the effort and aggrivation of carefully packaging up the product and then driving to the UPS counter or arranging pickup.. Very weird indeed.

SAVE me effort? if i had sold to pauljk i was going to have to drive almost 100 miles to meet him as he requested, and run the risk he might not want them as he was complaining about p-seals all the time. nearly 200 mile trip is almost a tank of gas in my big truck, thats over $20.00 out of my pocket as opposed to boxing it all up and driving my truck 1.3 miles to a Fed-ex store. Which would you choose?

Originally posted by 86fierose

gotta love newbies.....

ignorant. i have been reading this forum since Feb 2000 when i first heard about it. just because i did not register until recently doesnt mean i do not know how to sell a part to a good customer.

oh ya....nice red ratings bar, looks like you earned it

EDIT: had a [b/] where a [/b] should have been

[This message has been edited by Car Michael (edited 01-31-2004).]

Car Michael

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car MichaelSend a Private Message to Car MichaelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car Michael

176 posts
Member since Oct 2003

Yeah .. i think it's a scumbag thing to not respect the order people post/offer in (everyone here does) and to set people up to buy things when you've already sold them to someone else. Hope everyone remembers this if Car_Michael tries to sell something here again. But it's not only the newbies - pondski did the same thing to me with t-tops.

Oh, and,

sold to someone else? when did i take your money?! i didnt, you see, something isnt sold to you UNLESS you actually pay money for it guy. I think YOU are the one people should look out for. esspecially if they are selling T-Tops.

Hmmm, everyone read pauljks words he posted here: Hope everyone remembers this if Car_Michael tries to sell something here again. But it's not only the newbies - pondski did the same thing to me with t-tops.

i think this is an important thing to note. lets see......
1) Pondski, who was a great reputation here on the forum
2) FieroMonkey, whom also has a goor rep
3) Me the newbie.....

3 people ALL selling T-Tops and wont sell to Pauljk.....now what is more likely? All three of us that cooincidentally are selling T-Tops and have never had a complaint about selling items before on the forum, are somehow a$$holes and backstabbers? Or maaaybe Pauljk is the one that has problems buying T-Top sets....you decide. I think its pretty obvious

dcaprio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dcaprioSend a Private Message to dcaprioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He did send me a bunch of quality pics and when I had a few questions he sent more pics. He answered all my e-mails and put up with a lot of dumb questions. When I recieve the t-top kit I will post the final results. Its hard enough buy parts from a guy 200 miles away let alone 2000 miles away. Lately there have been an increase in posts about sellers that shipped slow or not at all. When I saw the post I jumped on it as I wanted the t-tops bad for my Formula. Yes , I took a chance but as I see it you can go through life not trusting anyone and be safe or take a chance one in a while and enjoy life. I read this once and it stuck with me.

" I refuse to cafefully walk through life only to arrive safely at death "

At least give the guy a chance if the parts are crap I'll post that but if their as I expect, I think some of you will owe him a big I'm sorry. For the most part I keep my mouth shut and don't resort to bashing anyone. I've bought and sold parts ,cars and help others on this forum. Alot of the people in Pa. know me as I attend most if not all shows in my area. Ive recieved 4 e-mails so far that some how did something wrong by buying the t-top kit. If you have the BALLS and have a problem with me call anytime (570)421-8838 and my name is Dean Caprio if not don't send me any more nasty e-mails.

------------------

88 Formula

foxgapfiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for foxgapfieroSend a Private Message to foxgapfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I get to see them in person, just as soon as we cut that roof off. Don't need no stinkin pictures. Opps, thats right, I already saw the pictures from CarMicheal

[This message has been edited by foxgapfiero (edited 01-31-2004).]

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car Michael, anyone looking at the thread can see that everything i said is true.Simply look at the thread above. Now maybe you want to deny the following PM:

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

6638 posts
Member since Oct 2001
Matter of fact, I was being nice to you as everyone can see in myPM by saying : "Sorry to see you had to lower your price this low but I can afford them now. Thank You."

I think the PM I posted clears things up - YOU clearly agreed to sell them to me ("yea, that's fine") and was setting up a place and time to meet, when you had apparently already sent pics and promised the tops to dcaprio ?!

LOOK AT THE DATES AND TIMES: Your PM agreeing to the sale and setting up a meet is 01-22-04 at 11:15 AM. Dcaprio's post asking if they were still available is 01-22-04 at 4:18 PM !! There are NO other posts between the post where you offerred them for sale for $500 and the PM you sent me saying my offer was fine !

Are you going to say that 8 minutes after your post to sell for $500 was not prompt enough ? you wanna call me unreliable because i want to negotiate price or ask questions about your USED parts ?

Since you mentioned Monkey, I happen to have YOUR PM talking about him:

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

6638 posts
Member since Oct 2001
Monkey had posted his t-tops for sale and had been lowering his price. When he got to about $700, I told him I would give him that (back then i had that much to spend) but he sold them to someone else for more. He obviously had no problems, BECAUSE MONKEY REFERRED YOU TO ME as the PM above clearly shows ! Also shown by the PM, YOU THEN CONTACTED ME - hmmm, but now you're saying that monkey told you i was an unreliable customer. yeah ... right....

That PM dated 12-22-03, also shows that i had been talking to you a LONG while back about these tops. You originally wanted more money than I had to spend. And naturally, I was concerned about the p-seals or any other part that I might need but might not be able to get. By the time you decided to sell your set for $700, I no longer had that much money too spend on them.

In ponski's case, i think he used my interest in his tops to pressure Stephan into saying yes or no, because i guess stephan had shown interest but no money. When i was going to buy the tops, stephan steppped up with money. Still unscupulous because pondski was setting up a date and time with me, then just stopped corresponding.

SOOO, Car Michael. i think this REALLY shows what happened here. There is NO problem with anyone selling stuff to me. If i was gonna cause a problem, I surely would NOT have wanted to meet you to give you CASH !!

But YOU are, in my opinion, the lowest of the low. You can't even own up to your own actions. You lie about things to try to cover yourself and make me look bad, when I was only trying to buy what you were selling and be nice about it. You cause trouble and hard feelings when there is NO NEED for it and then don't have the courage to own up.

454Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 454FieroSend a Private Message to 454FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Monkey had posted his t-tops for sale and had been lowering his price. When he got to about $700, I told him I would give him that (back then i had that much to spend) but he sold them to someone else for more. He obviously had no problems, BECAUSE MONKEY REFERRED YOU TO ME as the PM above clearly shows ! Also shown by the PM, YOU THEN CONTACTED ME - hmmm, but now you're saying that monkey told you i was an unreliable customer. yeah ... right....

That PM dated 12-22-03, also shows that i had been talking to you a LONG while back about these tops. You originally wanted more money than I had to spend. And naturally, I was concerned about the p-seals or any other part that I might need but might not be able to get. By the time you decided to sell your set for $700, I no longer had that much money too spend on them.

In ponski's case, i think he used my interest in his tops to pressure Stephon into saying yes or no, because i guess stephan has shown interest but no money. When i was going to buy the tops, stephan steppped up with money. Still unscupulous.

SOOO, Car Michael. i think this REALLY shows what happened here. There is NO problem with anyone selling stuff to me.

But YOU are, in my opinion, the lowest of the low. You can't even own up to your own actions. You lie about things to try to cover yourself and make me look bad, when I was only trying to buy what you were selling and be nice about it. You cause trouble and hard feelings when there is NO NEED for it and then don't have the courage to own up.

You have got to be the biggest crybaby i have seen in a while, good grief. If he wants to sell to someone else, fine. Doesnt mean you have to whine and trash his rep suggesting he is trying to con someone. Your attitude shows that you are certainly NOT a person to deal with. And it also sounds as if you are harrassing the buyer (dcaprio) with emails? what business do you have with him. If anyone in this thread has been making outlandish lies and trouble, so far it looks to be you man.

Looks like carmicheal made a judgment call to sell to someone else, which in america is a right any buyer still has i think. pretty obvious chosing to NOT sell to you was the right one. Get over the fact that people dont want to sell to you, and move on

------------------
--- 454, 3 isuzu trans and counting ---

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i guess you haven't this thread completely - ask someone to help you with the big words. There is a respect that people have here - first come, first served. This is common courtesy AND common sense AND is the way people buy and sell things here - check out other threads from The Mall. My problems were that (1) i was the first to respond to the sale for $500 so my offer should have been respected; AND (2) i was left hanging - Car michael sent me a PM asking to set up a meet, then just stopped corresponding with no explaination. My posts today merely show I was telling truth. If anything, my posts show that I AM a person you want to deal with. You obviously don't recognize my explaination as such - maybe try a night class in reading comprehension ...

What makes you accuse me of sending harassing e-mails to dcapriio ?! The person sending threatening e-mails to dcaprio should be easy to track down - look at the e-mail address. I guarantee that it wasn't me. Matter of fact, look at the thread that someone from mass. started apparently bcause he owes them money - i'd say that that person would be a good place to start. As a matter of fact, in my 01-31-03 post i said i hope he got the t-tops and they were in good condition !!

You have NO RIGHT to accuse me of sending e-mails or saying anyone was conned or lying (look at the posts or have someone help you figure out the timeline) - or maybe you're just another 'newby" from the same mold as car michael ... you can go back under your rock now ...

Car Michael

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car MichaelSend a Private Message to Car MichaelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When FieroMonkey first told me you might be interested, he warned me that you might be a bit flakey and a jew (i am jewish and harbor the right to use this term as i see fit). when you flaked out on me after saying you WOULD buy them for 700.00 and then come out of the woodwork when i offer them again for 500 when i did not hear back from you the first time, i asked monkey if he had a suggestion. he sent me the PM you guys had so that i could make a judgement call.

after reading this i decided to go with someone else, someone more dependable and courtious. from the PM monkey sent me, i decided you were a flakey, and a jew.

First come first serve? if the first person that walks up to you wanting to buy something of yours is a complete and untrustworthy a$$hole, just because he came up first obligates you to sell to him?!@ i think not!

YOU pauljk flaked out on ME!

i can see now i made the right choice of customer....

if i had a fiero part i was selling, and you were the only person that was interested, i would smash it before ever dealing with you, you friggen psycho.

PFF
System Bot
454Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 454FieroSend a Private Message to 454FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You have NO RIGHT to accuse me of sending e-mails or saying anyone was conned or lying (look at the posts or have someone help you figure out the timeline) - or maybe you're just another 'newby" from the same mold as car michael ... you can go back under your rock now ...

i dont hide anywhere from trolls like you.

read your own posts dumbazz. you are the one suggesting foulplay with no proof other than your own jealousy that someone else got them instead of you. the first mudsling was from you and you alone

and what is with this "newbie" crap you fling around like an insult. apparently you dislike "newbies" but not so much that you wont do business with one? a bit two faced dont you think? your character presents itself more and more with every post!

and since i am a newbie, please tell me where on the mall rules it says you must sell to the first person that posts. i must have missed that one, you being a master here should know right where to find that

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...just got a call from carmichael wondering if i had seen what was going on in here. Having read all of this i am a bit surprised at the mess this has become. the only thing i think that should have been done by carmichael is to have posted that they were sold when he had cash in his hands. and when cash is in hand is when an item is "yours" paul, sorry, thats just business

Does he have to sell to you paul because you posted first...no. it is his right to sell to whomever he likes. I had a bad vibe from you when i was selling my t-tops, and told that to michael when i sent a pm about your interest in t-tops. I can see now from your attitude and trouble starting here (yes, you came out in this thread attempting to stir things up, deny it if you like, but it is dreadfully obvious) my vibe was not misguided.

i would not recommend doing business with you to anyone in the future

------------------
-Monkey

dcaprio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcaprioSend a Private Message to dcaprioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are refering to me , that I owe anyone money you are dead wrong. The only person I've delt with in Mass sent me a M/o months ago. I returned the envelope unopened. She took 2 weeks sending it to me and didn't respond to my e-mails so I sold the wheel to a local buyer. There were no hard feelings . The e-mails sent to me earlier today mentioned the t-tops and you. If Monica had a problem all she has to do is e-mail me or call. I have NEVER recieve an e-mail that I owe anyone any money. I posted my name and home phone # , why don't you ? Don't you get it ,a seller can sell his part to anyone he wants. If he feels uncomfotable with the buyer he can sell it to someone else. You don't get what you want and you attack me. I never accused you of e-mailing me or anyone else. I just stated a fact and if they had a problem then they should have the balls to call me so I can see their # on my caller Id .
Lets try to clear my part in this.
Michael posted a t-top kit for sale.
I resonded that I wanted it.
He e-mailed me that if I was interested I could have it for the listed price.
I asked for pics
I recieved pics
I asked for his address
I mailed out a M/O to him the next day.
What did I do to deserve e-mails that said that I stole the t-tops from Paul, That you'll never see the t-tops its a scam and that Michael sold the same t-tops 3 times allready. Now you Paul has attack me on this forum spreading false information. I will contact you via e-mail to keep the disagreement off the forum.

------------------

88 Formula

Car Michael

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car MichaelSend a Private Message to Car MichaelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When i was going to buy the tops, stephan steppped up with money. Still unscupulous because pondski was setting up a date and time with me, then just stopped corresponding

wow, hypocrite. that is what you did to me when you wanted my t-tops for 700.00

you know what. i am done posting in this thread. I sold the t-tops to a good guy who will enjoy them. mission accomplished. goodbye, i am done posting here. If paul wants to go on publicy with his tyrade he can do it alone, i urge others to ignore this thread and all future posts. thanks to those that tried to help me here.

i also would like the people i "so called scammed 2 other times with this t-top set to contact me. if i am to be acused of ripping you off, i would at lease appreciate you sending me the money i apparently stole from you.

[This message has been edited by Car Michael (edited 01-31-2004).]

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car michael - the PMs you posted are BETWEEN MONKEY AND ME ( I see you conveniently CUT OFF the part that shows this); they show my concern for getting the p-seals and negotiating the price. I was willing and able to pay monkey $700 on 12-06-03. No argument. I was concerned about getting ALL the parts; tough for me since I have never done a t-top install b4. Monkey thought I wanted him to throw them in with the deal, i didn't but i asked him to help me get them at an RV store since he said he knew what to get. He finally sold them for more money. If you did not intend to sell to me,why did you contact me to start with ? The rest of the facts are in my posts above. Your post doesn't change or add anything.

However, I will not deal with anyone who uses "jew' in such a derogatory manner. Are you racist and a bigot too ? My conversations and dealings with you are over.

454 - looks like you have a problem with the english AND the math. Sorry you're so confused and can't follow this .. yeah, I must be a psycho ... you're over your head ...

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 02-01-2004).]

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2004 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dcaprio - why do you think i attacked you ? READ my post to 454 above. It says that if he wants to look for someone sending you e-mails, he should start with the person in mass. that you apparently owe money to. Maybe you have not yet seen the thread with your name on it from Monica Mayhem ?

What do I care if you a beef with someone in mass. ? That's your problem. Those e-mails should have an address - go after THAT person - it wasn't me. i was wishing you well - or did you miss my 01-31-04 post above too ?

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2004 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

6638 posts
Member since Oct 2001
Well MONKEY, I'm glad that Car michael posted the PMs that YOU AND I were sending regarding YOUR t-tops. This was around 12-06-03 about 3 WEEKS BEFORE i told him I'd buy his for $500. BUT i see he CUT OFF the part that showed it was between you and I. This is just plain DISHONEST. Maybe you can explain to him that someone that has $700 on 12-06-03 might not have $700 three weeks later, if this is any of his business ...

Anyone who wants to sell me t-tops can expect the same questions as shown in the PMs. i want to know what i am buying AND that i have everything i am expecting. This is ESPECIALLY true with something that is no longer available or extremely hard to get, like T-top parts. You apparently had to put in more effort than you wanted to answer my questions and resent it. You also neglected to mention that you sold your tops for more than you asked - you asked for $700 and i offerred $700. You THEN sold them to someone else for more. but i see that your only purpose was to come here and help your racist friend, who has had problems with 2 other people over the way he sold his t-tops.

i guess you BOTH think it is OK to lead people on about a sale until you have money in hand - i don't. i think it is LOW to lead someone to expect that they are buying sommething, when you are also arranging to sell it to someone else. How else do you explain the posts above ? he didn't say 'i sold them to someone else - he said "ya, that's fine" to my offer and was arranging for a meet. If anything, this kind of crap makes me MORE cautious about buying things, here or anywhere else. I'd have a HARD time sending large amounts of money for something.

By the way, your recommendation doesn't mean anything to me one way or another, considering the company you keep ... matter of fact, I'm glad if people DON'T think I'm anything like you guys ...

454Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2004 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 454FieroSend a Private Message to 454FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol, pauljk vs. the world. g'luck paul. Do you ever quit you moron, just let it rest already. nobody here will sell you t-tops. go on with your life and take a nap or something

And darn you carmichael for being a jew, and calling someone else a jew. you must be racist agaisnt yourself..you bastard! hahaha

Pauljk, you seriously need to seek therapy. you are a hazard to yourself and those around you

[This message has been edited by 454Fiero (edited 02-01-2004).]

indypbody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2004 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for indypbodySend a Private Message to indypbodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
your making a mountain out of a mole hill pauljk, let it go.....

------------------
Tony
-------------

86 Chebby Blazer 4x4, 226K of course orig paint
83 Lotus Esprit 19K orig paint
99 Merc SLK Sport 38K perfect paint
71 Mach1 ?K orig paint!!
33' Campbell Cruiser (Double Martini) Whoo Hoo!!

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2004 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony ... just trying to get at the truth, that's all .. i think it's all there now ..
PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2004 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

6638 posts
Member since Oct 2001
454 - thanks for the g'luck .... but i still don't think you're getting this ....
musicman_L7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2004 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for musicman_L7Send a Private Message to musicman_L7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

454 - thanks for the g'luck .... but i still don't think you're getting this ....

Not that I wish to stir the pot further, but...

I doubt that he really cares if he gets it, or he doesn't... I skipped through HUGE portions of this thread, because I don't even care what happened... It comes down to a simple idea that I followed whenever I sold an item at the last stereo shop I worked at.

I foolishly held back products for people that said, "I'll be in tomorrow," and then I told the next customer, "Sorry, we're sold out on that item." That was stupid. I rarely saw the original person the next day, yet my true customer had already walked out the door, and probably bought something else, somewhere else. So, I changed methods... If somebody said they want it, but haven't paid yet, I tried to keep it from walking out the door. But, if someone else waved money in my face; cash talked, B.S. walked. That's that. The funny thing is, I sold far more radios this way.

That's what worked for me. Like I said, I'm not trying to stir the pot, or step on toes, but I just wanted to throw this in (and add another post # to my profile, so I look less and less like a newbie!).

------------------
Nic
1987 GT 5-spd

Now accepting donations for my diseased paint...

Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2004 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is kinda entertaining. Plus for all.

...oh yeah...I hope everything works out for everyone and such...ummm...happiness...yeah...

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2004 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Musicman - i hope alot of people read everything so they can make up their minds about who did wrong here. However, i think post # 16 (my post of a PM) is at the heart of the matter - i clearly told car michael I would pay him $500 and he accepted; the $700 was to Monkey 3 weeks b4 but he sold to someone else BECAUSE HE GOT MORE $$$. There were 2 other buyers who felt "scammed" by this seller (post # 25 by car michael) ... maybe they were jews too, so that's why he messed them around too (post # 21 from car michael).

GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2004 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Musicman - i hope alot of people read everything so they can make up their minds about who did wrong here.

I wasn't going to bother posting, but since this thread keeps getting bumped to the top, why not?

I don't think anybody did wrong here. It's not like he took your money and then turned around and sold them to someone else. Then you'd have cause to be so pi$$ed off. Since when is a post on an internet board an iron-clad contract to buy/sell something? His t-tops, he can sell them to whoever he wants. Sorry it didn't work out, I wish you luck in your search for t-tops. But quit trying to trash the guy because he didn't sell to you.

Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2004 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Paul, here's your chance to try again........//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/018356.html

------------------
A coward dies a thousand deaths..................A soldier dies but once.

Red 86 SE
Yellow 87 GT
Gold 86 SE (wrecked)
Red 84 2.5 Coupe
In the process of buying another 87 GT

dcaprio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2004 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dcaprioSend a Private Message to dcaprioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To paul, thanks for the e-mail. I hope everything is cleared up.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post02-01-2004 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by musicman_L7:

Not that I wish to stir the pot further, but...

I doubt that he really cares if he gets it, or he doesn't... I skipped through HUGE portions of this thread, because I don't even care what happened... It comes down to a simple idea that I followed whenever I sold an item at the last stereo shop I worked at.

I foolishly held back products for people that said, "I'll be in tomorrow," and then I told the next customer, "Sorry, we're sold out on that item." That was stupid. I rarely saw the original person the next day, yet my true customer had already walked out the door, and probably bought something else, somewhere else. So, I changed methods... If somebody said they want it, but haven't paid yet, I tried to keep it from walking out the door. But, if someone else waved money in my face; cash talked, B.S. walked. That's that. The funny thing is, I sold far more radios this way.

That's what worked for me. Like I said, I'm not trying to stir the pot, or step on toes, but I just wanted to throw this in (and add another post # to my profile, so I look less and less like a newbie!).

Just throwing in my .02 worth before the thread is trashcanned...

This sales model works well, but it has negative consequences as well. For example, two years ago I had a verbal agreement to purchase a nice high-end video card from a gentleman on the other side of the Dallas area from me. We agreed on a price, I got directions, and we agreed on a time to meet at his house. I drove almost two hours through some of the worst traffic I've ever seen to get to his house, only to discover that he had sold the card to someone else a few hours earlier. His reasoning was that the first person that showed up with cash got the card, and when I questioned him about our agreement he basically said that "cash talks, bullshit walks". Well, besides being out almost 4 hours of my time I burned up a tank of gas at $1.50/gallon, and for nothing. If he had stated at the outset that he would sell to whomever got there first, regardless of any agreement to sell to me, I would have blown him off like the flake he turned out to be. I asked him to reimburse me for my fuel, and he told me to get lost and shut the door in my face.

What can one say to that?

There are two worlds out there, one where verbal agreements and a man's word are as good as a written contract, and the world that the flake that cause me to waste an evening and $18 in gas lives in. I choose to live in the honest world, that's a choice I make on principle, and I don't do business with people who live in that other world where a man's word has no meaning or value.

I won't even start with what happened when I tried to buy my first Fiero. That ended up with me abandoning Fieros for three years altogether.

JazzMan

454Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2004 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 454FieroSend a Private Message to 454FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dude, have you read this thread at all? pauljk never got a time set.....never got directions.....and never left his front door for that matter.

what happend to you sucks ballz, but doesnt really apply here. Had carmichael left the guy standing somewhere after saying "meet you there at XX:00 pm at such and such street". then i would have a different stand on this, similar to what your experience was. However, that was not the case

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock