Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  how to make a stock 4 cyl fiero fast (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
how to make a stock 4 cyl fiero fast by ionstorm666
Started on: 01-14-2004 06:44 PM
Replies: 190 (10580 views)
Last post by: Jeremiah on 05-07-2004 09:45 AM
dasher

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2004 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dasherSend a Private Message to dasherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RWDPLZ i have the Crane Cam you speak of. sucks on gas millage and sounds like a heilicoptor at 950 Rpm. i cant say what the cam gave me for power but i do know that my new fuel millage is about 11km/L witch is far down from stock. i think even a 350 can have better millage with more power. lastly i have to agree with mostly everyone 200 Hp is i think very unrealistic. i felt just as you did this summer but i spent the money and the time and got next to nothing in return.

------------------

86 coupe 3.0L P&P shaved, 4 cyl 5 speed
full Body kit ASA Rims
hood and light mods

IP: Logged
psychic_mechanic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2004 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychic_mechanicSend a Private Message to psychic_mechanicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still think you'd be a lot happier with a quad4 if you have to have a 4 cylinder.

If you want to keep up with 2.8 fieros, sell the 2M4 and buy a GT. That's the cheapest way I can think of, but it's still not fast.

NOS stickers = Ricer

50 hp NOS system + old worthless 4 cylinder = slightly faster fiero

I think you've watched "Fast and the Furious" too much, dude.

psychic_mechanic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2004 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychic_mechanicSend a Private Message to psychic_mechanicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

psychic_mechanic

145 posts
Member since Oct 2003
I forgot, I'm calling "absofrigginlutely BS" on a 1300hp 350. No one you know is getting even 700hp out of a 350.

------------------
-Vinny

87 Fiero GT 202k miles on the 2.8, just waiting to have an excuse for a swap
94 Infiniti Q45t (wife's car: 278 hp, RWD & LSD , leather)

Slammed Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2004 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slammed FieroSend a Private Message to Slammed FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dasher:

RWDPLZ i have the Crane Cam you speak of. sucks on gas millage and sounds like a heilicoptor at 950 Rpm. i cant say what the cam gave me for power but i do know that my new fuel millage is about 11km/L witch is far down from stock. i think even a 350 can have better millage with more power. lastly i have to agree with mostly everyone 200 Hp is i think very unrealistic. i felt just as you did this summer but i spent the money and the time and got next to nothing in return.

Holy crap.... Im sorry if I said anything negative in your direction... You are one of the few that does have a clue!. I just get miffed @ people who claim big numers that are totally unbelievable... But Kudo's to you for illustrating the pro's and cons.

88Fiero2M4...Your backtracking so fast I have no doubt your flux capacitor is in complete working order. If your going to BS out you ass atleast stick to your guns..

Oh yeah.i still think your a phag.

JM

[This message has been edited by Slammed Fiero (edited 01-23-2004).]

virii01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2004 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for virii01Send a Private Message to virii01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by virii01 (edited 01-23-2004).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2004 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dasher:

When you say it sounds like a helicopter, do you mean it's a lot louder or changes the sound of the engine? Any sound clips? Where'd you get yours? Thanks for taking the time to type that.

That still leaves the Fiero Store's cam, anyone have it?
1984 PERFORMANCE CAM & LIFTER KIT - This custom ground performance camshaft offers increased valve lift and duration over the stock unit. These cam profiles were selected to provide maximum power and are still compatible with GM electronics. Engines will breathe better, which greatly increases horsepower output. Lift - .497, Duration - 280
- $190

ALSO looks like none of my links in my other posts work, seems they redid their entire website this morning?!

88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2004 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by psychic_mechanic:

I forgot, I'm calling "absofrigginlutely BS" on a 1300hp 350. No one you know is getting even 700hp out of a 350.

I personaly have seen this car. It was a white 69 Chevy Chevelle that my cousin was in on the build up on. It was at the shop in Fort Collins near the south side of the Fort Collins downtown airport. The engine had about 40K worth of work done to it. The car was so fast that the guy that had it built decided he didnt want it and sold it to the shop owner. My Cousin would not be lying about it as he is a ford guy. He told me when his boss took it out once they were sitting at a light next to eachother. My cousin looked away momentary and when he looked back the light had changed and the Chevelle was setting at the next light before he even had a chance to move.
It is a Pro Street car that they built.

88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2004 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

88_Fiero_2M4

1312 posts
Member since Jan 2004

Originally posted by Slammed Fiero:

Holy crap.... Im sorry if I said anything negative in your direction... You are one of the few that does have a clue!. I just get miffed @ people who claim big numers that are totally unbelievable... But Kudo's to you for illustrating the pro's and cons.

88Fiero2M4...Your backtracking so fast I have no doubt your flux capacitor is in complete working order. If your going to BS out you ass atleast stick to your guns..

Oh yeah.i still think your a phag.

JM

And you tell me I should learn how to spell. But no I am not that kind of person. I dont believe in Alternitive Life Styles. and if you want to Start a War about Being Gay I will start to quote scriptures from the book that will prove that it is against GOD, and all other points that it is against nature and Science.
And second of all I dont smoke any pipe. I may hang out with stoners but it is because I find prepies to be boring. and they will not have anything to do with me cause I am trouble... and as far as Gay, I coudnt be farther from it. I am a red neck, I drive a Truck, And the only pounding I have ever done is stuffing a Quarterbacks face into the dirt. My thoughts on gay is they should stay in the closet where they belong.

And it seems funny that you think 200 HP is big numbers. To me 200 hp is a little low since what else I drive is a Chevy Pickup and yes it is loud. And my friends who tell me that I should get a real car owns real cars. Mustangs, Chargers, Cameros, and other Hot Rods. and I talk alot to the Manager here at the Local COOP who owns 3 Corvettes. And as far as My Cousin is consirend his project now is a 1200 hp 68 Mercury Cougar wich will be powered by a 351.
One of my Other Friends has a 66 Mustang with a 302 Ford that puts out 370 hp with only cam and valve train Modifications..... in wich I got to drive this car, and yes its fast. His father who owns the body shop I always mention had a 38 chevy coupe that could run over 130 mph in the Quarter. The guy has ownd every preformance car you could ever imagine..... then not to mention all the cars my father owned a few Road Runners, and a few other beasts. Now to say that I dont have a real car with the guys I hang with.... they have real cars. and I just sit there and drool. All I have is a Fiero.

[This message has been edited by 88_Fiero_2M4 (edited 01-23-2004).]

Slammed Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2004 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slammed FieroSend a Private Message to Slammed FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88_Fiero_2M4:

and as far as Gay, . I am a red neck, I drive a Truck, And the only pounding I have ever done is a Quarterbacks face into my dirty crotch . My thoughts on being gay......I wish they made a dress in my size .

Wow... This is exactly what I thought. Im sitting here with my Fiance and she had no doubt you were gay...Obviously a man that looks like you didn't choose to be gay , women chose for you. As for me thinking 200hp is big numbers...did you miss the part where I posted a pic of my northstar build..the one with direct port nitrous , cams and heads??

Your Trouble!!! only at the Buffet line buddy!!

JM

datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2004 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OH ... MY ... GOD !!!!

I've abstained from posting on this thread due to the fact that I don't yet have a project car..

I must say.. you sir, are an idiot.

You will NEVER get 1300 HP out of 350... I don't care if it's blown and running on alkeyhaul.

fool.. fewl.. phewl..

Everytime you've opened your mouth on this thread.. you've simply mannaged to shove both your feet further down your throat.

Take my humble advice.. STFU.

88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2004 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow... This is exactly what I thought. Im sitting here with my Whore and she had no doubt you were gay...Obviously a man that looks like you didn't choose to be gay , women chose for you. As for me thinking 200hp is big numbers...did you miss the part where I posted a pic of my northstar build..the one with direct port nitrous , cams and heads??

Your Trouble!!! only at the Buffet line buddy!!

JM

[This message has been edited by 88_Fiero_2M4 (edited 01-23-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
Slammed Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2004 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slammed FieroSend a Private Message to Slammed FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since your Neo Nazi punk ass edited and deleted your post I decided to show everyone just what kinda guy you are.

OH man you are testing me. you edit everything I say in my post in your quote.... you have no idea what I mean by being trouble.
You want proof. Man I was in Boys homes for 10 years. See my father and step mother beat the living **** out of me. When I was 8 years old I took the largest Knife I could find and threatend to kill them. You have no idea what trouble is. My temper is Like a tital wave and I destroy everyting in sight. Women make me Choose. I have no intrest in such matters anyway Women are hores that give to every one that gets them drunk enuf. And as far as Faggets if I were to meet one I have a Eastern Hammer Soft ball bat that works Just fine.

I used to enjoy beating the living **** out of little punks like you and I still enjoy it.

Your temper is like a tidal wave?? more like your appetite.. Ohh your real scary fatass...

Women are hores that give to every one that gets them drunk enuf

So basically what your saying here is that you don't like women becasue there Whores and you perfer men.

Oh by the way , I am flattered that you would like to be with me , but I have to decline as I am straight. I wish you good luck in the future..Oh yeah , here's that pic of you back. I won't be needing it.

OWN3D!!

JM
PS: Datacop , you have been rated positive on this forum thanks for the support!!! Unfortunatley unlike 88_Fiero_2M4 who will only ever get a positive on an HIV test...for obvious reasons...

[This message has been edited by Slammed Fiero (edited 01-23-2004).]

Slammed Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2004 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slammed FieroSend a Private Message to Slammed FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Slammed Fiero

2810 posts
Member since Nov 2000
Just for good measure

JM

baldlobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2004 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for baldloboSend a Private Message to baldloboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man, you are a thick headed, a**hole, with little to no intellegence; you should help us by removing your genes from the genepool. people like you should be dragged out into the street and be shot because you are to dumb to comprehened anything but what's floating around in your fictional world that hides in your mind.

you call yourself a redneck; that you truely are sir, that you truely are

ps. dock off

ditch

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2004 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ditchSend a Private Message to ditchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Since your Neo Nazi punk ass edited and deleted your post I decided to show everyone just what kinda guy you are.

So basically what your saying here is that you don't like women becasue there Whores and you perfer men.

Oh by the way , I am flattered that you would like to be with me , but I have to decline as I am straight. I wish you good luck in the future..Oh yeah , here's that pic of you back. I won't be needing it.

OWN3D!!

JM
PS: Datacop , you have been rated positive on this forum thanks for the support!!! Unfortunatley unlike 88_Fiero_2M4 who will only ever get a positive on an HIV test...for obvious reasons...

Slammed,
You have to stop man...you're making me laugh so hard I'm about to puke my guts out

88_fiero_2M4
I try not to call names, but you are a complete **** for brains. Take a deep breath....do you smell anything?...should be crap....since you have your head completely up your ass. Why don't you back up what you're saying and silence everyone who doubts you.

This forum has a great database of knowledge.....we're over 8000 members strong. Many of these people have extensive knowledge of engines...namely the Fiero engines. I've learned more in the last 10 months than I could have in 2 years of auto-tech classes. There are TONS of people on here who have knowledge from experience, not knowledge from assumption as you seem to have.

It's easy to make claims and give HP values as you have done. I and most others would rather listen to people with experience...thats where the real numbers come from.

Oh, and as far as the boys home thing....let me tell ya, we're all shaking in out little booties

grow up spanky

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And it seems funny that you think 200 HP is big numbers. To me 200 hp is a little low since what else I drive is a Chevy Pickup and yes it is loud. And my friends who tell me that I should get a real car owns real cars. Mustangs, Chargers, Cameros, and other Hot Rods. and I talk alot to the Manager here at the Local COOP who owns 3 Corvettes. And as far as My Cousin is consirend his project now is a 1200 hp 68 Mercury Cougar wich will be powered by a 351.
One of my Other Friends has a 66 Mustang with a 302 Ford that puts out 370 hp with only cam and valve train Modifications..... in wich I got to drive this car, and yes its fast. His father who owns the body shop I always mention had a 38 chevy coupe that could run over 130 mph in the Quarter. The guy has ownd every preformance car you could ever imagine..... then not to mention all the cars my father owned a few Road Runners, and a few other beasts. Now to say that I dont have a real car with the guys I hang with.... they have real cars. and I just sit there and drool. All I have is a Fiero.

You just don't get it do you?
Try this, Take your thing out of the sheep and listen....A late 60's 302 is a lot stronger block than the 2.5L. 350's, 351's, 302's, and most other V-8 engines have strong blocks and a strong aftermarket support to make good performance engines out of them. (Ford and Chevy V-8's have one of the largest aftermarket support in the world!) The 2.5L is not designed to be a high horsepower engine, They trimmed the block (read: thinned out the structure) to reduce weight to make it have better fuel economy. It is not a performance engine and has a limited aftermarket. What you need to do is quit comparing a small economy 4 cylinder engine with a V-8.
Maybe you should just buy a Chevy 350 V-8, have your cousin, friend, ewe, or whatever, build it up to 1300hp and put it in your Fiero. Then you'll be the envy of all the other rams. Ooops, I mean relatives and friends.

Slammed,
Nope, You missed his hints. Redneck, doesn't like guys, and from his other post he doesn't like women. So what does that leave?
Here's another hint: baa baa baa

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 01-24-2004).]

88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right Now I cant prove it, for one the 86 sits sadly in my driveway with a blown up engine. I was on my way back from Denver one day and one of the Spark pluggs thru its electrode into the piston, when that happined the engine over heated and the rest is history. There is no compression on Cylinder #3 and 2 and 4 are low on compression. I have feared to take the engine apart as I dont want to see what I think I am going to find. I have found another engine and have stated so. I will do a build up this summer when both I have the Time and Cash. I should have the cash after wheat harvest as I will be running across Texas, Oklahoma, And several other states with the Harvest Crew I work for. After that for a while I should have the time to do both plans that I have. One Build up a 2.5L on the 86 and do the 3800 SC swap on the 88. I have plans for both cars and will post my resoults on both. As far as me being full of crap, Maby so but I still say I am going to try. and if I can get 200 HP out of the Duke better for me. But I am not a sore looser if I am wrong.... I just have yet to see any proof that I cant do what I said that I am going to. instead of showing why one cant get that kind of power out of the duke everyone decided to start calling me names and calling me a Fag and all. I didnt start the Name calling here. I didnt ask for it, but it happined anyway.
And if they think I am just going to go away because they wish to be childish with there name calling there dead wrong.
All it does is add fuel to my arguement and willingness to try out my modifications.
Just keep laughing...... I will have the last laugh

As far as the engine that My Cousin and his company that he worked for at that time. it was a 40K engine. the Super Charger alone was the size of the duke. It would not fit in a fiero with out major hacking on it. and the drive line would snap at the first time you hit the petal. That car had to have the Frame stiffened just to keep it from twisting the hell out of it. all said and done the car had about 60K in it totaly. Only such as a Chevelle would hold such an engine. and I was wrong it was 1200 hp, the Car he is building for himself now, that is the Cougar will have 1300 Hp when it is said and done.
------------------
Don Pottorff
Red 88 2M4
Silver 86 2M4

[This message has been edited by 88_Fiero_2M4 (edited 01-24-2004).]

ditch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ditchSend a Private Message to ditchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Right Now I cant prove it.

That's the whole point dumb $hit. You made the claim with nothing to back it up, yet you want everyone to believe it.

Go get your imaginary numbers, post them, and everyone in neverland will stop flaming you.

I hope you're right. I bought an 87 4cyl 2 weeks ago and would like to know how to make it compete with the corvettes for under $1000 in upgrades

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Right Now I cant prove it, for one the 86 sits sadly in my driveway with a blown up engine. I was on my way back from Denver one day and one of the Spark pluggs thru its electrode into the piston, when that happined the engine over heated and the rest is history. There is no compression on Cylinder #3 and 2 and 4 are low on compression. I have feared to take the engine apart as I dont want to see what I think I am going to find. I have found another engine and have stated so. I will do a build up this summer when both I have the Time and Cash. I should have the cash after sheep harvest as I will be running across Texas, Oklahoma, And several other states with the Ram Crew I work for. After that for a while I should have the time to do both plans that I have. One Build up a 2.5L on the 86 and do the 3800 SC swap on the 88. I have plans for both cars and will post my resoults on both. As far as me being full of crap, Maby so but I still say I am going to try. and if I can get 200 HP out of the Duke better for me. But I am not a sore looser if I am wrong.... I just have yet to see any proof that I cant do what I said that I am going to. instead of showing why one cant get that kind of power out of the duke everyone decided to start calling me names and calling me a Fag and all. I didnt start the Name calling here. I didnt ask for it, but it happined anyway.
And if they think I am just going to go away because they wish to be childish with there name calling there dead wrong.
All it does is add fuel to my arguement and willingness to try out my modifications.
Just keep laughing...... I will have the last laugh

That's right, You didn't start the name calling, You just called the entire Fiero community a "joke". (so technically you did ask for it)
See here is your original, unedited quote:

This entire Community is a Joke, Good by I can make it on my own. I never needed any of you, I have never asked for any help. I dont need your help.

(and you didn't even make good on your "good by" )
As for proof that a 2.5L cannot get to 200hp, We've given you accurate information why the engine won't get to 200hp. We've posted links to another website that did ALL the mods you stated on page 1 and they dyno'd the engine at 120hp, But yet you still insisted that 200hp is possible. We even have a member who bored out his 2.5L to a 3.0L, did more mods than you listed and he still told you it doesn't hit 200hp.
Oh that's right, the 2.5 is just half a V-8 and your "friends" know how to make horsepower.

88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ditch:

That's the whole point dumb $hit. You made the claim with nothing to back it up, yet you want everyone to believe it.

Go get your imaginary numbers, post them, and everyone in neverland will stop flaming you.

I hope you're right. I bought an 87 4cyl 2 weeks ago and would like to know how to make it compete with the corvettes for under $1000 in upgrades

Compeat with Corvettes with a 4 cylinder..... now who is dreaming. All I really want out of it is a little more passing power on the intrestate.... not to compeat with Corvettes. Hell like I said a few posts ago I was really pissed when a Fully Loaded cattle truck was nealy able to out run my Fiero. I didnt want one of those damnd cows to crap on my car. But he with his 600 HP Cummins or Cat was nearly out running me with a 85,000 Lb Truck. Hell the Truck I have been driving wich is a Kenworth T-600 with a Turned up 425 Cat will out run my car. After driving a Truck you Start to figure out why you dont want to stay near one. When a tire Blows up they go hard as anything with over 100 PSI Behind it would do.

ditch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ditchSend a Private Message to ditchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Compeat with Corvettes with a 4 cylinder..... now who is dreaming. All I really want out of it is a little more passing power on the intrestate.... not to compeat with Corvettes. Hell like I said a few posts ago I was really pissed when a Fully Loaded cattle truck was nealy able to out run my Fiero. I didnt want one of those damnd cows to crap on my car. But he with his 600 HP Cummins or Cat was nearly out running me with a 85,000 Lb Truck. Hell the Truck I have been driving wich is a Kenworth T-600 with a Turned up 425 Cat will out run my car. After driving a Truck you Start to figure out why you dont want to stay near one. When a tire Blows up they go hard as anything with over 100 PSI Behind it would do.

I never said you were dreaming, it takes a brain to do that.

I'm making fun of you with the corvette thing....get it? I know it won't compete with a vette. I just figured I'd make a total **** for brains statement like you've been doing and see where it gets me.

Take the mods you listed and get 200 HP...that's where the dreaming comes in.

PFF
System Bot
Maniak84

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
User Banned

Report this Post01-24-2004 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Maniak84Send a Private Message to Maniak84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey yuo pepple ar so meen to tihs guy.that relly sux cuz i nowtaht my feiro 2m4 is relly fast and its a 4cilinder cuz we put nitrus onit and its the fassest car ever an it can go a 1/4 miel in 6 sekkons. don luk teh othre way evven for a sekkon cuz it well be a miel a way and its tru cuz thers a guy in towen taht has a pikkup truk taht go 200miels per hower an he sayd hey to me dowen at the cirkel k wehn iwas buyin some tanpoms for grammy SO I KNOW WAHT IM TALKIN A BOUT YUO PUNKKAS BITTCHES! i tihnk pepple like mccrerry cant not hannel taht we kin mak a 4cilinder fasser then his cadillic car for chepper mabbe he neds sum hugs from his grammy. my car wil be evven fasser by tihs somer cuz im gona buy mor nitrus affer i get a rid to town to casshin my almunimum cans EAT MY DUS YUO PUSYS!
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's just start with this

I have feared to take the engine apart as I dont want to see what I think I am going to find.

yuz is feared to tak da engin ting apart cuz yuz donna knowz wut yuz lookin at....

As far as me being full of crap, Maby so but I still say I am going to try. and if I can get 200 HP out of the Duke better for me. But I am not a sore looser if I am wrong.... I just have yet to see any proof that I cant do what I said that I am going to.

ok Einstine.. since dey has uzed to big words for ya redneks.. I iz gunna fix dat.

Rezuns da duke not gud for da power

#1 skinny walls on da bloke. dat means da dukie kant holds lots of power er da sylendar walls be breakin n stuff

#2 week krank.. dat krank ting on da bottom of da engine dat makes da kar ting kinda go.. well.. it kant take da power eider or it be breakin n stuff

#3 da flow is da suk. dat means dat when it should be sukin.. it kant suk hard. maybe it shuld be takin sukin lessons from yur sister.

dey is tree reasons da dukie isn't da gud ting for da big build up ting.

As far as the engine that My Cousin and his company that he worked for at that time. it was a 40K engine. the Super Charger alone was the size of the duke. It would not fit in a fiero with out major hacking on it. and the drive line would snap at the first time you hit the petal. That car had to have the Frame stiffened just to keep it from twisting the hell out of it. all said and done the car had about 60K in it totaly. Only such as a Chevelle would hold such an engine. and I was wrong it was 1200 hp, the Car he is building for himself now, that is the Cougar will have 1300 Hp when it is said and done.

Pat Musi (http://www.patmusi.com)... One of the top racers and builders on the pro street circut.. wouldn't you know it.. he makes engines too..

let's just see what he has to offer...
http://www.patmusi.com/musi_motors.htm

406 C.I., 600 HP $9,800
540 C.I., 920 HP $13,999
555 C.I., 950 HP $14,999
632 C.I., 1150 HP $20,995

Hrm.. not a single 350 in the lot..

Oh wait.. let's check his crate moters..

383 SMALL BLOCK - STREET MOTOR $9,995
450 HP on pump gas! Make an extra 125 HP with Musi/Accel Dry Throttle Body for a total of 575 HP Nitrous!!

540 10:1 COMP - STREET MOTOR $17,999
625 HP on pump gas! Make an extra 107 HP with Musi/Accel Dry Throttle Body for a total of 732 HP Nitrous!!

540 SC ENGINE $17,999
900 HP Nitrous! Take this engine straight to the track!

hrm... Nope.. not a 350 there either.. and to make 900 HP on a 540.. he's gotta give it a hell of a shot of nitrous..

Keep opening your mouth with crap and I'll call crap on ya time and time again..

GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

You all need to stop!!!! I'm laughing so hard I'm cryin' and I'm afraid the tears will ruin my keyboard.

Funniest thread I've read in LONG time. ROTFLMAO

fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, enough BS.

Simple straight answer, YES you can get 200HP out of the duke, BUT, you need alot of MONEY$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (OVER $5,000)

The easy (but $15,000 way), is to get the Cosworth DOHC head with 3.0L bottom end buildup. This is good for about 255HP to start, and over 500HP once worn in and turned. Thing is, this upgrade is VERY hard to find. It took me a good year to find one, and I found 4 complete engines, but then I went to boot camp, and then when I came back, they were sold.

Another way is the super duty route. Or you can spend lots of cash and get race quality parts from KRP, and then after all of that, you could also turbo the beast.

But like I said, lots of $$$$$ ($10,000?).

Now, I'm working on an Ecotec project, that in stock form has the same HP as a Fiero GT. But the stock motor can hold up to over 250HP, whether it's turbo'd, supercharged, or juiced up with nitrous.

I have hopes to make this into a kit in about 2 years, and current cost estimates are at $4,000.

Click here to go to the topic I made on it:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/045570.html

------------------
Airman Michael C Casaceli
Patrol Squadron Ten, United States Navy
1988 Pontiac Fiero 2.5L, soon to be 2.2L Ecotec Turbo (project starts in MARCH 2004)
1988 Oldsmobile Firenza 2.0L non-turbo (RIP. KIA by a Ford)
19** Chevy S-10....Coming soon

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wipe0ut:

I've seen 4.9L Fieros that get 30 mpg..

I gonna have to claim on this one.

Tugboat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TugboatSend a Private Message to TugboatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I consider Dyno 2000 to be fairly accurate. I've run buildups from magazines through it and it comes up with pretty close #s. Of course the engines have to be built and tuned right, you can't just slap the same parts together and expect to run the same #s unless you've got a horseshoe "hidden somewhere".

So to check out these claims, I "built" a 383, 'cause you could call that a 350 if you were stretching a bit. I used a roller cam, 284@.050 (no way streetable), Brodix Track 1x heads, 8:1 compression, and a race BDS 8-71 at (ridiculous) 1.5 overdrive (37 psi in the intake @ 8000), and 1500 CFM of carbs. The results: 680 HP @ 6500. If you used nitrous to intercool it you could get to 1000, maybe 1100. But I don't know of a smallblock crank that would take it. Even most aftermarket blocks wouldn't take it. That's why they make big blocks.

A block away in the wink of an eye? Sounds like narcolepsy to me...

GL

Slammed Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-24-2004 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slammed FieroSend a Private Message to Slammed FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

toddster...did you forget??

JM

SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drumroll..........da da da da da da da da da da da da da da.....

------------------
'87GT Fully modded, 3" Drop on 17's, 3800 turbo on the way....
'92 LeBaron soft top, The Players car. :)

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great

I'm getting dissed by an overweight Howdy Doody impersonator with an acne problem.

Cliff, I think this thread needs to be round filed.

PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can now continue this thread in the Trash Can.
scrabblegod

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scrabblegodSend a Private Message to scrabblegodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I took my car (4.9 auto 2.73 ratio with caddy efi and cruise set at 75mph) on a 1900 mile trip. I have no time slips or dyno sheets to back me up, but once I got out of the mountains, I got 30 mpg. In the mountains, I only got 26-27 mpg. The epa rated this car at 25 mpg hwy in a 3800 lb car. Lose 1000lb plus the reduction in frontal area and aero drag, and you can see where the extra mpg came from.

Gene

------------------

Slammed Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-24-2004 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slammed FieroSend a Private Message to Slammed FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Great

I'm getting dissed by an overweight Howdy Doody impersonator with an acne problem.

Cliff, I think this thread needs to be round filed.

Ahh I weigh 160Lbs an dIm 6Ft tall..But nice try.and at 26 I haven't had acne in a while...

GOOD ONE THOUGH PHAG!!

JM

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ahh I weigh 160Lbs an dIm 6Ft tall..But nice try.and at 26 I haven't had acne in a while...

GOOD ONE THOUGH PHAG!!

JM

You were at the 20th...tubby!

Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My minivan with the Caddy V8 gets 24 mpg without the benefit of an overdrive transaxle.

Slammed Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-24-2004 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slammed FieroSend a Private Message to Slammed FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You were at the 20th...tubby!

And you saw me when?? I was there for less than 24 hrs.... feel free to ask the following people who are actually RESPECTED and LIKED in the Fiero community.

Chris moore
MinnGreenGT
Fierochic88
Fierolisa , I went out with her for 9 months , she loves the fat guys... more cushion for the pushing
Fred (Rare W66)
Ken Slish
Your mom.

With a 152 claimed IQ , I would expect a better comeback than calling someone fat.. BUT GOOD ONE PHAG!!!

No one likes you whiner.. and therefore

you and that 4cyl phag are probably good buddies , your both about the same when it comes to attempted slams..

JM

[This message has been edited by Slammed Fiero (edited 01-24-2004).]

88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You sure like to throw that Phag word around..... maby its you that are the Phag. Do you have an inferiority complex going on here or something? Small wonder you put a Picture of three guys who seem to not even know if there white or black... and I am not racist as my best friend thru the entire time I lived in boys homes is black. What I seem to have a problem with is White guys who seem to have a Identity crisis. I have no doubts who I am and am proud of it. I still think its funny you called me a Neo Nazi and then a Phag in the same post. If I am a Neo Nazi I would have to shoot myself for being Gay wouldnt I? But I am glad that you Reconigized my German Roots.

Guten Aubin

Slammed Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-24-2004 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slammed FieroSend a Private Message to Slammed FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You sure like to throw that Phag word around..... maby its you that are the Phag. Do you have an inferiority complex going on here or something? Small wonder you put a Picture of three guys who seem to not even know if there white or black... and I am not racist as my best friend thru the entire time I lived in boys homes is black. What I seem to have a problem with is White guys who seem to have a Identity crisis. I have no doubts who I am and am proud of it. I still think its funny you called me a Neo Nazi and then a Phag in the same post. If I am a Neo Nazi I would have to shoot myself for being Gay wouldnt I? But I am glad that you Reconigized my German Roots.

Guten Aubin

Was this your attempt at being cunning and crafty?? gee good attempt... well I guess you will go back to having intercourse with some sheep... Boys homes eh.. I know what goes on in those places... the older boys touched you didn't they?? strangley enough you liked it... it's ok...

White guys who seem to have a Identity crisis. I have no doubts who I am and am proud of it.

so basically what your saying here is white power??

and I am not racist as my best friend thru the entire time I lived in boys homes is black

so you like black guys eh... I guess a man of your gurth (your a fatass incase you didn't understand the word gurth) perfers a man with a little more ...firepower shall we say?

Keep on truckin Fatass!!!

DUKES RULE!!!!! 200hp baby!!

JM

[This message has been edited by Slammed Fiero (edited 01-24-2004).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2004 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

Slammed,
Nope, You missed his hints. Redneck, doesn't like guys, and from his other post he doesn't like women. So what does that leave?
Here's another hint: baa baa baa

Is that banjo music I hear?

Maybe that should be a squeal instead of a baah?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock