Started on: 01-02-2004 09:29 PM
Replies: 149 (2722 views)
Last post by: Sleeper on 01-30-2004 11:43 PM
CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2004 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm trying to find a professional engine tuner in the Northeast area that specializes in SBCs and/or Eddy carbs. I've been having a hell of a time finding ANYTHING. I'm located on Cape Cod in Massachusetts, so anywhere near there is suitable. I'll appreciate ANY leads to possible shops. I'm really also looking for the type of guy I can trust, I can't hand my keys over to Joeschmoe. Thanks for any information, guys, its really appreciated!!

------------------
Christian Thomas
87 Pontiac Fiero GT Burgandy/Silver 5.7L ZZ4 5spd
86 Pontiac Fiero GT Red/Silver 2.8L 5spd

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierospeeder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
User Banned

Report this Post01-02-2004 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you cant mix "tune" with domestic cars. "tune" is rice term

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2004 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Um not neccesarily.. What would you call someone who tunes an engine then... Grabbing the peak power out of the carbs, ignition and cam timing? A tuner if you ask me. "know anyone who can tune an engine" not really ricey to me. We tuned my DSM... Weve tuned my Fiero

Everything is rice this rice that!

CTFieroGT87 = If you were closer to Ohio i could get my granpa to do it, hes all about domestics... Has a 69 Camaro, and a 63 Vette = both with under 40K each! All tuned by him

------------------
"Raced That, Wrecked Better" ~In Memory Of Jesse Cesek~ 1980-2000
US Armored Cavalry - Fox 2/81 - Death By 120 - 1 Shot 1 Kill

Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2004 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierospeeder:

I also do not see how "tune" could possibly be a rice term! Nothing wrong with TUNING a 250hp nitrous breathing supercharged 3800 Fiero! If you don't tune it, how is it supposed to be faster than the other guy??

CTFieroGT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2004 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump ^^
fierospeeder

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-04-2004 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats why Hotrod mag calls it hotrodding or modifying and rice magazines call it "tuning"

So when they say they are tuning. It means the action of a tune up.... gapping plugs, putting new wires, filters, checking timing, adjusting idle, mixture.

So if your tuning up your fiero, why not put a coffee can exhaust on it too. Get the full Tuning out of your car.

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2004 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea that makes allot of sence...
Hmmm... wich sounds more gramatically/logically correct?

"im taking my Camaro in to get tuned"
"im taking my Camaro in to get hotrodded"
"im taking my Camaro in to get modified"

hmmm...
Sorry my grandpa has always talked about "tuning" secrets and such with his carbs and timing. Just cause "ricers" as you call them consider changing WIRES "tuning" doesnt mean that it justifies the total change of the Car Mechanic language. Ive had my car "Dyno Tuned" before... and thats what everone i know considers tuning. So im asuming your one of the people who considers ME a "rice boy" or my car "rice" because its a Plymouth Laser (same as an Eclipse) and has a 4" tip.......? Oh i forgot to mention its attached to a full 3" exhaust, Big 16 turbo, intercooler... and on... and on. Pushing 360whp. STOCK body.

fierospeeder

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-04-2004 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ricer+300hp=still a ricer. DUH.

increase the horsepower of a honda civic. Its still a piece of **** ricer civic.

1000hp supra, not impressive at all. Domestics cars have been running high numbers for a long time. And most 99% of the ricers are forced air or nawz. Just like your rice car. pst. 360whp its still a lame "sport compact car" Id rather buy a custom low rider car that mexicans build up that have huge amount of detail done to it. Rice cars just make real car euthusiasts look bad, just like the movie Torque will for the motorcycle community.

Just like mach10 thinking ricers are better because they use "new technology" because it has a timing belt. Timing belts have been used for decades.

BTW, i didn't say what the definition of "tuning" is for a ricer.

But if you want me too i can
adding a spoiler
stickers
cold air intake
kn filter
coffee can exhaust so it can sound like a rice car from 2 miles away
and theres always more examples

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2004 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know your just a whiney biggot is all... You have NO real reason to hate "RICE" as you call it. What cause my ENGINE and TRANS is from Japan... NEWS to you sucker... allot of domestics have parts made in Tiwan and such! The rest of my Laser, for your info, was built in a plant in Normal, IL. And YES domestics HAVE been making monster power for a long time. HOWEVER, my car makes 360whp wich oh is about 400+ crank power with only 2.0 litres of displacement. I will not say that i havent laughed and said "rice" myself, however this is confined to GAWDY, TACKY, NASY cars with 1,000 lbs of vynal and tacktfully done everything else. To sit back and consider a car with no or little mods at all (i took my stock spoiler OFF) to the body but more money in mods then your MOMMY will let you have to buy a NEW car with is just OBSURED! I would never consider a car more or less superior to any other car without considering the FACTS and you NEED to step back and consider! Or youll forever be a NIEVE CHILD! So GROW UP and open your eyes the world is far bigger then you percieve!

[This message has been edited by The Fieromaster (edited 01-04-2004).]

fierospeeder

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-04-2004 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ROFL

the typical, oh it was built in the US comeback.

It is still an Asian car. They build a lot of domestic cars in canada and mexico. We dont call it canadian car or mexican car. Its still a domestic.

and the comeback which i already proved before. So what 300hp out of a 2.0l. We(america) already pulled that off. And there was a thread not too long ago with a sunfire running 600?hp. And that is something current.

BTW, if i was a kid, i would be nieve like you and drive jap. Isn't that what most kids do. Drive asian imports. Oh, it looks fast, it must be fast.

Real cars are from the US and Europe.

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2004 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, well, my dad can still beat up your dad! So you better watch it!

But anyway, tuned. Tuned means to adjust propper spark timing and fuel mixture to obtain maximum horsepower outputs and good drivability. Doesnt matter if it's a Hemi or a 4G63. Means the same damn thing.

PFF
System Bot
CTFieroGT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2004 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, thanks A LOT guys.

EDIT: Thanks Fieromaster88, you said it.
------------------
Christian Thomas

[This message has been edited by CTFieroGT87 (edited 01-04-2004).]

fierospeeder

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-04-2004 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
<--gave fieromaster88 a postive feedback cuz he got the definition correct.

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2004 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CTFieroGT87:

Hey, thanks A LOT guys.

EDIT: Thanks Fieromaster88, you said it.

Anyway, back on topic. Look through your phonebook and see if there are any dyno shops around. If you know any guys into cars in your area see where they go. The best thing will be to find a shop with a Dyno. Thast the best way to get it tuned. I'm sure you could talk to some customers of the shop before you take your car there. Thats all I have to offer in the area of help.

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2004 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did i SAY my car looks fast.. again your NIEVE and dont pay any attention. This is now maybe the third of FOURTH time ive told you may Laser DOESNT look fast. DAMN you dont listen. And your still avoiding the point that most of your DOMESTIC parts and engines either come from some japanese company or are derived from their design... NO you dont call cars Canadian or Mexican... and HOW am I nieve? Because i open my eyes and give things a chance, looking at the overall picture?

Your no better then the kids everyone on HERE fight with who say the fiero is a fireball piece of dog **** ... when we know better.

Im sure youll call me a ricer at LEAST 5 times again in your next post too.

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2004 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Fieromaster

4124 posts
Member since Jun 2001

<--gave fieromaster88 a postive feedback cuz he got the definition correct.

*shakes head*

Yea cause i didnt argue that to you this WHOLE TIME! Clown!

Im done argueing with you this is frustrating... thank god i didnt go through basic with people who paid no attention like you... theyd be the "pull grenade throw pin people"

CTFieroGT87 I appologise for Jacking your tread for this IDIOTIC flame war!

[This message has been edited by The Fieromaster (edited 01-04-2004).]

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
User Banned

Report this Post01-04-2004 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
meathead is meathead.

fierospeeder

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2004 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, but your trying to brag that it's fast because it only has 300hp, or trying to impress me. And i quoted why most kids drive imports "cuz it looks fast"
But your just like them. LOL

Once again, because you cant read.

Just because they get parts from japan doesn't make a domestic car jap. Same as it being built in canada or mexico.
It is cheaper to build things out of country, but your ignorant to know that. Jap crap cars being built here is because they can save money from high import taxes.

Doesn't prove anything at all.

Jap cars use the same engine design like all european and domestic cars. Let me know how they changed anything over the 100 years. They are building inefficient cars like everyone else. Lol, we took their design. ROFL. I wonder where they stole the rotary engine from.
Let me know what they designed that is new. Because everything that are in cars now is the same stuff thats been in cars for decades. Except advances in fuel injection and computer controlled engine/trans/body. And new emissions controls to reduce pollution.

Dont tell me your like Mach10 saying jap cars are using new technology because they have timing belts. lol.

And i was giving "master88" a postive feedback not you.

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2004 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So 300 Japanese horsepower is less impressive then 300 domestic horsepower? Is there a conversion factor that I don't know about?
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2004 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1000hp supra, not impressive at all. Domestics cars have been running high numbers for a long time.

Are you on crack? Just because it's been done before does not mean that the same feat in a different circumstance is not awesome! I'd be impressed with an 800hp ANYTHING! It takes a lot of work, time, money, blood, sweat, and determination to get an engine to successfully put out those type of numbers.

An import engine with big horsepower is still an engine with big horsepower. And that's something that REAL car enthusiasts understand!

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 01-05-2004).]

fierospeeder

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2004 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Domestic car will always be able to have a higher HP. Look at NHRA dragsters running at 10,000HP.

And yes i am a car lover. So 300-800hp is nothing. I would think
ricers can get some more HP when they try to impress everyone
how great and reliable jap motors are.

300hp was something we had in the 60s with musclecars and it even sounded good.
300hp out of the fiero drag car with the superduty four cylinder with no turbo or a supercharger. 300hp ricer with a turbo and it sounds like a motorcycle. I should be amazed. NOT!

I can get 1000hp out of a volkswagen beetle(original) engine, been done before. And now you want me to be impressed of a honda civic with 300hp. pst.

And theres no work, blood, or sweat into rebuilding an engine.
It is all on how much you want to spend for forged parts and machine
work. And rebuilding an engine is easy, doesn't take too much to do one.

Same goes as most ricers just sticking a turbo on there. Easy HP gain.

Just like i said above. Mexicans put more effort into their cars then what Jap car owners do. What they do to their car involves the real sweat,blood work, time money etc....

Typical ricer cars at the car shows. Cost of car, 100,000 with customization. Body kit, sound system,kn filter, turbo and play station. what a waste of money. And it is still a honda civic.

Real car euthusiasts that see a ricer with large hp numbers are gonna say the same thing as what i already have. They own the real cars from the 70s and under and do complete restorations. Not the ghey KN filter swap.

PFF
System Bot
The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2004 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Arent you DONE yet... Good god, get past it, people are gaggin' on your opinions. Your just a Import hater... get over it, i dont CARE anymore!
Mastermind

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 207
User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2004 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Last I checked, the top rated cars for reliability come from Japan. Hardly what I'd call CRAP.
Blue Rocket

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2004 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue RocketSend a Private Message to Blue RocketEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm trying to find a professional engine tuner in the Northeast area that specializes in SBCs and/or Eddy carbs. I've been having a hell of a time finding ANYTHING. I'm located on Cape Cod in Massachusetts, so anywhere near there is suitable. I'll appreciate ANY leads to possible shops. I'm really also looking for the type of guy I can trust, I can't hand my keys over to Joeschmoe. Thanks for any information, guys, its really appreciated!!

I would try around the boston area, look in the phone book, There was a place in Milford,Ma

And since when does tunning only apply to imports. I tune my car for the 93 octane gas I run by re-timming the engine. Tune a Import can be called hottroding too. But is that why hotrod was "hotrodding" a honda?

[This message has been edited by Blue Rocket (edited 01-05-2004).]

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2004 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Domestic car will always be able to have a higher HP. Look at NHRA dragsters running at 10,000HP.

Domestic cars will always be able to have higher HP?? What are you basing this on? sheesh..

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2004 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnnyK

11290 posts
Member since Mar 2000

And yes i am a car lover. So 300-800hp is nothing. I would think
ricers can get some more HP when they try to impress everyone
how great and reliable jap motors are.

300hp was something we had in the 60s with musclecars and it even sounded good.
300hp out of the fiero drag car with the superduty four cylinder with no turbo or a supercharger. 300hp ricer with a turbo and it sounds like a motorcycle. I should be amazed. NOT!

I can get 1000hp out of a volkswagen beetle(original) engine, been done before. And now you want me to be impressed of a honda civic with 300hp. pst.

And theres no work, blood, or sweat into rebuilding an engine.
It is all on how much you want to spend for forged parts and machine
work. And rebuilding an engine is easy, doesn't take too much to do one.

Same goes as most ricers just sticking a turbo on there. Easy HP gain.

Just like i said above. Mexicans put more effort into their cars then what Jap car owners do. What they do to their car involves the real sweat,blood work, time money etc....

Typical ricer cars at the car shows. Cost of car, 100,000 with customization. Body kit, sound system,kn filter, turbo and play station. what a waste of money. And it is still a honda civic.

Real car euthusiasts that see a ricer with large hp numbers are gonna say the same thing as what i already have. They own the real cars from the 70s and under and do complete restorations. Not the ghey KN filter swap.

Uh huh.. well why don't you get 1000hp out of your fiero and come talk to us..

CTFieroGT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2004 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, for some closure, I have found a great shop in my area. Thanks Boomtastic.

And to add to what this thread has turned into..

I'm not really a fan of the import crowd, but I do respect people doing REAL engine work. Therefore, a 1000hp Supra is very far from a 'ricer'. That would be labeled a 'very fast and powerful car'. Ricer would be the guy I pass in an 89 Civic rustbucket (or non-rust SOMEtimes) with big aluminum wing, fartcan, and underglow.

A domestic or import car can be made to drive fast.

People who's mentality is "all show and no go" are ricers, plain and simple, no matter what they drive.

------------------
Christian Thomas

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2004 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, for some closure, I have found a great shop in my area. Thanks Boomtastic.

And to add to what this thread has turned into..

I'm not really a fan of the import crowd, but I do respect people doing REAL engine work. Therefore, a 1000hp Supra is very far from a 'ricer'. That would be labeled a 'very fast and powerful car'. Ricer would be the guy I pass in an 89 Civic rustbucket (or non-rust SOMEtimes) with big aluminum wing, fartcan, and underglow.

A domestic or import car can be made to drive fast.

People who's mentality is "all show and no go" are ricers, plain and simple, no matter what they drive.

VERY well put! Id agree with your statements! Glad you had success finding a shop!

fierospeeder

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2004 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont see any hondas beating John Force.

And reliability is a bogus argument. cuz jap cars break down just as much.

SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2004 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ricer+300hp=still a ricer. DUH.

increase the horsepower of a honda civic. Its still a piece of **** ricer civic.

1000hp supra, not impressive at all. Domestics cars have been running high numbers for a long time. And most 99% of the ricers are forced air or nawz. Just like your rice car. pst. 360whp its still a lame "sport compact car" Id rather buy a custom low rider car that mexicans build up that have huge amount of detail done to it. Rice cars just make real car euthusiasts look bad, just like the movie Torque will for the motorcycle community.

Just like mach10 thinking ricers are better because they use "new technology" because it has a timing belt. Timing belts have been used for decades.

BTW, i didn't say what the definition of "tuning" is for a ricer.

But if you want me too i can
adding a spoiler
stickers
cold air intake
kn filter
coffee can exhaust so it can sound like a rice car from 2 miles away
and theres always more examples

WOW, you are SOOOOOOO ignorant. Supra's, Skylines, RX7's, Eclipses. Yah, those are all rice. If a 1000 horse doesn't impress you maybe you should revert to your bicycle. I don't even feel the need to type much more about this too you because you OBVIOUSLY don't understand SH!T about tuners/hotrodders (certain terms just get used more by either crowd) and the cars that they drive.

Oh yah, here's another for being such an idiot. One more

BTW, I appreciate "tuners" and "hotrodders" as you say it no matter what kind of car they drive if they put time and money into making their ride faster/better than it was when they got it. I like DSM's, I like GTO's, I like Firebirds, I like Fieros. Are you starting to understand now? It doesn't matter what "breed" of vehicle it is, when built they are all NICE cars and believe or not fiero"speeder" (I doubt), those little 4cyl imports have made 500-1000hp time and time again.

------------------
'87GT Fully modded, 3" Drop on 17's, 3800 turbo on the way....
'92 LeBaron soft top, The Players car.

[This message has been edited by SLAMMED87GT (edited 01-05-2004).]

Mastermind

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2004 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I dont see any hondas beating John Force.

And reliability is a bogus argument. cuz jap cars break down just as much.

Geez. First, John Force's car is RWD Hondas are FWD two different classes of racing which NEVER race head to head. Second, you are right and wrong. Yes, Japanese cars do breakdown, the point is they don't breakdown as often as domestic cars.

[This message has been edited by Mastermind (edited 01-05-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
fierospeeder

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2004 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
exactly they can make 1000hp, big deal. Like it is hard to add two turbos on a car. Its still a piece of **** car.

Id rather own an AMC Pacer or a Gremlin, then be a moron and own a ricer.

I saw one of the so called ricer boy today with his 2 foot tall wing playing "fast and furious" in traffic. Tailgating everyone, and cutting everyone off. And he wasn't able to accomplish anything.

To the other guy. There is a RWD ricer that is in the Professional drag racing scene. But your not a real car euthusiast to know that. So what excuse are u gonna give that it is still a slow car?

Watch the next monster garage when jesse james says "ricers are slow". That is why hes going to be putting a jet engine on the ricer. So now it can be fast with the help of domestic technology.

Im an idiot. LOL. Your buddies that own ricers are the ones that made ricers be ordinary economy cars to stupid cars. Ive never seen tasteless mods done to a domestic car, except those who cant afford a ricer. Spoilers, exhaust, stickers, emblems from other cars. etc.... And when you buy a ricer magazine at the store, you get to be proud of the great ricer addons that vendors are selling. That 3 foot spoiler really helps with the needed downforce for going in and out of traffic at 30mph.

Domestic cars suck at reliability? Another myth that jap car owners talk about. "oh my brand new jap car is so reliable" hmm maybe because it's brand new. What lame comebacks are you gonna use to prove that ricers last forever? Theres always people on the forum who had 200,000-300,000 miles with their domestics. But we must ignore those statements.
Or the part about japanese quality is so much better, but wait, jap cars are built in the US. And domestics are built in the US. So somehow one is more reliable.
My neighbor has a jap car, and one day it didn't start due to a electrical problem. That isn't too reliable. Maybe the jap companies should build better electrical parts. My domestic car's electronics go out after 12 years.
And if imports last so long, why are there always so many more "old" domestics on the road still going?

John Wayne would be dissapointed in all the ricer lovers.

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2004 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As for SLAMMED87GT - Well put... you never ceace to amaze me, we always seem to agree!

As for fierospeeder - Until you open your eyes you foever will be a nieve, ignorant little boy

As for THIS THREAD - DEAR GOD go to the Trash Can already... its turned into another flame war.

Mastermind

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2004 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To the other guy. There is a RWD ricer that is in the Professional drag racing scene. But your not a real car euthusiast to know that. So what excuse are u gonna give that it is still a slow car?

You did mention Honda's vs John Force. So is that RWD Ricer a Honda? Don't think so Mr. real enthusiast.

BTW You should watch Hi-Rev Tuners, Nopi Tunervision and Super2NR TV you might learn something. But it will happen only if you have a open mind.

sennyGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2004 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sennyGTSend a Private Message to sennyGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All that I have to say is that if it weren't for the rice community a lot of us wouldn't have the rims that are on our cars. It would be hard to convince anyone that american racing would produce rims for a fiero rather than a celica. So if we didn't have such a common bolt pattern we would be SOL.
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2004 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierospeeder: yeah, you sure sound like a real 'enthusiast', bashing everything that isn't american...
you know, model for model, straight out of the showrooms, I'm gonna have to say the japanese cars are faster, compared to their
american counterparts..
Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2004 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a very interesting discussion and I hope we can keep it civil without fussing at each other,but all cars are great and they have their own personalities domestic or rice.
I have been tuning cars since the 70's and have worked on American ,Japs ,German English and they all have their strong and weak points and i like them all.It is not fair to compare a top fuel or John Force to a Honda (rice)like it is not fair to compare a F1 Honda to a pro stock they are night and day apart in performance eg:
(1) The top fuel or John Force (1000hp)will kick the crap out of a F1 in a 1/4 mile but the F1 Honda(600hp) will kick the stuffings out a top fuel over a mile and run 225mph all day long.The word Tuner (when refering to cars)came from Germany in the 70,s when any cars that was modified anything from stock was called a tuner car and was registered as that because it was not original any more Mercedes Benz (AMG) or Ford mustang (Saleen)or Mustang (Shelby)orCamaro (Copo / Yenko)
The muscle car era was great for neck snapping acceleration,chopping cams and V8 rumble and big engines and horsepower but times have changed and now the japs havetaken our technology and raised it to a new level very high and now we have been trying to catch up and is almost there and we can't sit on our laurels and take it for granted.
1000hp how eever obtained takes work and brainpower just like a big block 454 or 350 and for a 4 or 6 cyl to produce that kind of power and competitive is unreal for so small a motor credit is due.When I go to the track and see Hondas running 12 sec or a Toyota Solara running a 7 sec 1/4 you are awed or a rotary 13b engine revving to 10,000rpm and doing the 1/4 in 9sec runs you have to appreciate these jap cars no matter how you hate them.Go to Puerto Rico at Salinas speedway it ia a hot bed of import speed where Toyota Starlets are running 8 and 9 sec like it was for free while the V8's heavily modded can barely make a 10 sec run so you have to give them credit even if you hate them.
If you have ever driven a Modified Supra or the Skyline 400 you would pee in your pants at the pure speed of these cars a feeling that a V8 will not provide just raw speed not torque just like riding in a jet while the Benz or BMW is just silky smooth speed.Here is 1150 hp street driven grocery getter looks like.

Notice who likes fast Jap cars:

------------------
Tuners of the Quickest 4.9
12.51@118 mph

4.5 (RSR)Hi Perf. Caddi-V8
In place and running.

[This message has been edited by Master Tuner Akimoto (edited 01-06-2004).]

SplineZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2004 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SplineZClick Here to visit SplineZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to SplineZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont know where your thoughts lie, however, I'd hardly call a 1000HP supra, or 1000HP RX7 "RICE".. Usually "RICE" are lame base model civics with stickers, huge wings, and rocketlauncher exhausts.. Mostly automatic.. Ones that would have a hard time breaking american speed limits, but in KM/hr

Those cars above actually have the performance to match their looks..

300hp out of an import is THAT impressive.. and so what if its been done before? Like ANYTHING now days is 100% ORIGINAL... almost everything has been done before..

James Z

------------------

fierospeeder

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2004 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierospeederClick Here to visit fierospeeder's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierospeederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yup, i watch Hi-Rev Tuners, Nopi Tunervision and Super2NR TV everyweek, because spike had to go all lame and put ricers on the normal car weekend shows. Horsepower tv started to suck when they started modifying hondas. Which didn't teach anyone anything except for putting a KN filter on a car. Bring back TNN.

Nopi is the worst. 99% ricers and the rest biki contests. dont learn much from that show.
The other cable show is about rap stars who have SUVs with 20inch wheels.

The only good ricer show is the one with the two gay twins. Only because they focus more on european cars then ricers. And they had vw bugs racing ricers on the track.

Actually there is a RWD ricer. If cliff still does PIP i can scan and post it.
You take a frame, put a diff in the back, ricer engine up front, fiberglass body. And you have a ricer drag car.

Raw speed is having a 300hp motorcycle, not a 10 sec ricer.

If you wanna brag about celebrities. Real REAL car guys... Jay Leno, and Tim allen.
You can also include Titus.

Here ya go Mastermind because your a moron. Making Illinois people look stupid.
Matt Scranton, and George Loannou both ricer drivers. They have RWD imports.
oh ya, hondas are slow. Because both of them are running toyota engines.

Johnnyk, i said it before. Im only bashing Asian crap. Not european, brazil, african, or america. JUST ASIAN CARS. Go drive your Kia back to school and learn to read.

Fastest production cars ferrari, lamborghini, and dodge. Dont see any Asian cars.

Fastest Funny Car John force another point for non asian countries.

Fastest Top fuel Budweiser king top fuel dragster. Kenny berstein, 6500hp. american motor.

Fastest Pro outlaw. turbo charged mustang. Non Asian

Fastest IHRA PRO mod. Non asian again. OMG theres a pattern. blown alcohol chevy 2200hp

Fastest Formula 1 BMW i dont think thats an Asian name.

And the fastest imports that are RWD are not running 4 cylinders. Either inline 6 or a v8. Pst 4 bangers.

So now why should i buy a car from Asia? Or like a car where stupid people dress it up with spoilers, air dams, stickers, coffee can exhaust, sounds like a vacuum cleaner going down the street, and 99% of them are FWD. And real car guys dont drive FWD cars. I love waking up in the morning for some torque steer

If all you guys are such import lovers, what are you doing in this forum?

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2004 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So what exactly is it that you hate? Is it front wheel drive? Because the majority of domestic new cars are, guess what? Front wheel drive. Is it four cylinders? Kinda like the mighty duke? Because most entry level vehicles are sporting four bangers. Is it because you are a broke-ass hater who can't get credit for a new car? Sorry, can't help you there. Or is it just because you hate Asian people, Asian culture, and anything that has to do with the far east? I'm thinking I've hit the mark with that one.

Like Johnny said, let us know when you get 1000hp out of your Fiero. Shoot, I'll be impressed if you can show me a dyno slip for 300 out of your Fiero. Until then, keep munchin them boogers.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock