Started on: 06-05-2002 11:11 AM
Replies: 119 (445 views)
Last post by: Ferrari Fan on 06-15-2002 09:04 AM
wiccantoy

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did anyone see v8 archies yellow fiero at carlisle? i was such a fan of this mans work untill i saw that piece of crap. ok the man can put a big motor in a little car . i looked at the work done to the chop top, christ finish sanding and rounding the edges on the roof and where you cut to make it a chop top . lol if that is how much attn he pays to detail . his motor kit must suck too. i started to talk to him he seemed to be spaced out in a different world . 1st question i asked what trans would be the best ? answer i dont know i have used the 5 speed and 4 speed ? what an idiot!!!!! i had asked him 4 questions. after that i wanted nothing to do with this mans work . im sorry but i have worked on hot rods and show cars in a custom body shop for 7 years . if that car left my shop looking like that i would be shot on sight. and if its not archie that did the body work, fine . than the guys in his shop who did it need to be shot and archie wounded for letting it leave like that .

------------------
go fast or go home
or just drive it like you stole it

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
White88cpe
No longer registered
Report this Post06-05-2002 11:12 AM   Send a Private Message to wiccantoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll say this as nicely as I can.. no wait, there is no nice way to say it so i'll only say this!

Larf nimrod

------------------
Ray - rturner@fierosite.com - Fierosite.com - StangSearch.com
1988 Stage 2 Aero Coupe - 1985 Mustang 3.8 Convertable

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK... so the Stinger may not have appeared as the most "finished" piece of work. But did you see it built? Do you really know how much work went into it? Do you know how long it took Archie to get the Stinger to Carlisle... and what weather they had to battle?

I think you may be too quick to judge. Archie isn't usually one for giving a definitive answer on common questions- if for no reason other than people can sometimes take what he says to be "the only answer". A question like "Which Tranny is the best?" must be asked a thousand times! And he has proved, through numerous vehicles, that you can use any tranny you like- it all really depends on what you want from the car!

Just for your info... the LT1 stinger was built in 22 days for the WOW show in Chicago- he photographed and posted his process along the way for our education/entertainment, check it out here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/013402.html Think about it... 22 days!

And what exactly is your purpose in posting this here? Hundreds- if not thousands of us have already seen the Stinger 1st hand- an it truly is a beautiful piece of engineering work... although admittadly some details still remain.

Maybe you should read this thread too: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/017972.html it may enlighten you a bit more.

Still... I wonder what the point of your thread is anyway!?

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Jaygee79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaygee79Send a Private Message to Jaygee79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do believe that Archie had said that there were still some small things that needed to be done to it when he had time. It would be a good idea if you did a little research before you posted something like that about someone. Makes you look like a twit.
Tcat55371

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tcat55371Send a Private Message to Tcat55371Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I have never met him in person but he has always helped me on the phone. I bought his cheap V/8 kit and did it all myself and I'm not a mechanic. A few items were missed on the tape and I did afew mistakes myself but I think Archie did a really good job for us backyard mechanics to put some muscle in our Fieros. I haven't seen the Stinger in person but I watched the pictures as they were posted. Everyone can speak their mind here but until you walk in the mans shoes or can post some of your own work, costs and time frame then maybe you shouldn't flame someone else. In other words, if you don't like it, don't look.
wiccantoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no if your gonna take a car into a show that represents you and your products it should be mint . i was going to buy the v8 kit in 3 weeks from now but the man is too vague on the questions. i had numerous things i wante dto know . and there is no better time to ask than when he is in front of you and when the same car that you are going to do is right there. think about it . if your a car maker are you going to bring your new concept car to show that isnt complete? NO you would be laughed out .
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok since your so smart, which SBC is the best? Gee, kinda depends on what you want. Same with the tranny. Hes been doing SBC swaps for 15+years. He has used each trans. If you want 1/4 mile, daily Driver, highway cruiser, ect. Your tranny choice will be different. If you want a highway cruiser you wont want an 84 4.10 tranny, but if you want a 1/4 mile racer you probably want an auto. Its preference. Now if your such a GREAT hot rod guy thats been doing it for 7 years, then design your own kit. And by all means dont come on here and Start flaming a well respected member of our Community. Your post was only intended to put down Archie. Now unless you have something you can contribute to everyone else, Just go away.

------------------
JOEJOE Aol:SSFiero
Two 88FORMULAS Red & Yellow
SSFiero@Aol.com

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I shouldn't bring an unfinished product to a show? Not even to show the possilbity of things to come? BullSh!t. I've always brought partially completed projects to shows... even just to show people what I've got in mind- and people love it (ask anyone who saw my car at this year's Dells Run, MFF Spring KickOff, or even last year's Fierorama)!

Archie is the engineer and manufacturer of aftermarket car parts/kits. He in no way should/can be compared to GM or any other multi-billion dollar conglomerate corperations who have hundreds (if not thousands) of people working to complete concept cars for shows. And if you honestly think that prototype/concept cars are finished vehicles- think again. Most of the cars have 100% tinted windows so that you can't see what has been glued/taped together. Ever wonder why most car magazines aren't allowed to drive many concept cars (the Chevy SST comes to mind)? Because they incomplete running gear and are often only built to be rolled on and off an enclosed trailer for shows. I personally saw Archie take many people for rides in the Stinger- as well as letting anyone who wanted to, sit in it to see "how it feels".

If you were going to buy Archie's V8 kit (in 3 weeks? who cares)... but don't want to because he didn't feel like answering your specific questions at a car show after a long drive- and you don't want to take the time/effort to call him personally and ask the questions you need answered (but wait a week or 2- cause he's on vacation). Why don't you go out and buy a Zumalt-based kit... hell, if you get ahold of Gary Zumalt at all I'd be far more impressed than you could ever imagine. There is a reason Archie is still around and Gary isn't... Darwinian theory: only the strong survive.

If you want a Zumalt kit, Read this: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/019134.html or this: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/020378.html (they're basically the same, just the 2nd was consolidated).

On/off topic- have you seen the movie "The Rock"? The yellow Ferrari F355 Sypder/Fiero Conversions used in that movie were made up from a damaged real F355 body in approximately 3 weeks. Most of the bodies were large single pieces- and the bodylines were actually black pinstriping tape. Yeah- that's another perfect show car (which has been shown in museums/auctions).

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I shouldn't really make a comment because I haven't seen the car personally, have seen photos though and it doesn't look that poorly finished. You don't seem to understand the Archie really pushed this project fast to be able to make it to the first show he wanted to hit. Mainly he put the car on display due to the numerous requests from Forum members who wanted to see the car. It takes consideable time to finish a project car to "show winning" condition. At least I noted by Archies posts that he/his shop people had many irons in the fire as far as customer work was concerned, and that the fine details of the Stinger would have to wait.

As far as your transmission question, there has always been debates on which is better. My gut feeling is that it's a toss up between the Getrag 4 spd or 5 spd.

By the way, I've never bought anything from Archie and his kit isn't in my car, so I'm not speaking from a customer loyality point of view just in case you were wondering.

------------------

Click to Listen!

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 06-05-2002).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:
At least I noted by Archies posts that he/his shop people had many irons in the fire as far as customer work was concerned, and that the fine details of the Stinger would have to wait.

As of this past Sunday when I last spoke to Archie in person- he has 5 of his own project cars in the works, in addition to current customer project cars (which get most of the immediate attention- as they should).

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 06-05-2002).]

86seyellow

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
User Banned

Report this Post06-05-2002 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86seyellowSend a Private Message to 86seyellowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
youn sound like a moron to me.

First of all this is archies personal car. if you think you need to take perfect cars to the shows, BULLSHIT!! ROb and I both took our projects to the dells, guess what we both took home tropghys. Neither of us care about the trophys either we just went to show our ideas and look at other ideas. My car isnt perfect nor when it is done will it be perfect.. So I bet your car is 100% mint, even better than GM made it??? I think not. As far as the engine you were going to buy, well why dont you not buy it since you have the perfect car and you might mess it up..
I saw the stinger this weekend, Pretty bitching car. Hell even Archie came up to my car to see the mods I am doing and planning!!
He did not critique me whatsoever, he likes to see guys puttign an effort into their rides!!
Go away and fidn someone that cares.

Hey Rob, am I suppose to buy a Heavy duty electroinc flasher, or what exactly am i suppose to buy?? I totally forgot and need my trun signals..

------------------

All Stock plus goodies
Coulee Region Fieros - http://couleefieros.tripod.com

PFF
System Bot
Tcat55371

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tcat55371Send a Private Message to Tcat55371Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I bought Archie's cheap kit and I found him from surfing the internet. I did not know about Pennock's forum or the Minnesota Fiero club till after the fact. I did not even know that there were so many Fiero fans out there. I bought the kit from him because he was cheaper then everyone else and when I called to ask about it, he gave me his opions. I'm sure no one would stop you from building your own adapters since you have all the time in the world to do it. Like I said before, I have never met him in person and I'm a pretty good judge of character. I'm looking forward to meeting him someday and alot of other people from this forum but the timing was wrong for me this year for the Dells. And unlike Archie, I didn't need to show my car to anyone. I rushed it to get to the MFF Spring Kickoff and I broke down on the way but I was still able to get there and back. Best thing to do here is enjoy the wonderful board that Ciff has put up for people and learn from the experiance of others to make it simpler for yourself. I have found there is alot of knowledge on this forum and the last thing I would want to do if flame someone that might be able to help me later. Anyway, welcome to the board and I can't wait to see your work posted here. You have made a pretty tall hill to climb for yourself now.
86seyellow

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
User Banned

Report this Post06-05-2002 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86seyellowSend a Private Message to 86seyellowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, one other thing you might want ot consider, Archie takes his cars to shows to give people ideas and also drum up buisness.
Archie even admits his personal cars arnet perfect. As Archie has told me personally "Customers cars come first"
wiccantoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have no problem with the car it can have problems . but in my opinion if you are trying to sell a product and a service the one you bring should look pretty damn good . the main problem i had was he had no time to adress questions . some may think they are common questions . but if i dont know the answer its not freaken comon to me ! ok he may be tired, whoopie. if i have a product to sell and i am advertising it at a show . then hell i will sit with you for as long as it takes . i didnt get even 2 minutes . and there was none else around. screw that! i have had help from other members such as fiero wayne . there is a stand up man . even though he doesnt deal with after market products he is more than willing to help and even install things in your car. if i need a part he looks for it. he doesnt have it ? he finds it . i have a question . he will answer untill i understand. the way most people that are trying to sell a product or service should. and to the person that said i should build a better kit! dumb ass i said im a body man PAINT AND BODY WORK . not a motor builder . THATS WHY I WAS GOING TO V8 ARCHIE FOR HELP. thanks for nothing archie!
chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wiccantoy:
did anyone see v8 archies yellow fiero at carlisle? i was such a fan of this mans work untill i saw that piece of crap. ok the man can put a big motor in a little car . i looked at the work done to the chop top, christ finish sanding and rounding the edges on the roof and where you cut to make it a chop top . lol if that is how much attn he pays to detail . his motor kit must suck too. i started to talk to him he seemed to be spaced out in a different world . 1st question i asked what trans would be the best ? answer i dont know i have used the 5 speed and 4 speed ? what an idiot!!!!! i had asked him 4 questions. after that i wanted nothing to do with this mans work . im sorry but i have worked on hot rods and show cars in a custom body shop for 7 years . if that car left my shop looking like that i would be shot on sight. and if its not archie that did the body work, fine . than the guys in his shop who did it need to be shot and archie wounded for letting it leave like that .

I really don't feel the need to defend Archie or his work or his kit, but I DO feel the need to express my opinion about this thread. If you came across to Archie as you did in this thread then it would explain why you didn't get any info. You've thrown out some serious statements to the whole Fiero community here for someone that’s new to the forum. In my opinion sir, you’re full of SH1T and your talking out your ass. I have not one but 2 V8 Archie kits and they are quality items. His knowledge on conversions is superb and the man will give you all the info you need unless you open your mouth and sound like a total idiot like you did here. The car was built in a rush, like was mentioned by MinngreenGT, in 22 days. The engineering that went into the top and the doors was superb IMHO. Does it need some finishing touches, sure. SO WHAT. Why don't you go and crawl back under the rock you climbed out from under. All I smell here is a TROLL. Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum !

Rob D.

------------------

Modified 2.8 (Soon to be a 383 V8 )
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw Archie's car at Carlisle, hell I even spoke to the man himself. He even took the time to walk over and see my car(which is light years from perfect compared to his) and even had nice things to say about it. I noticed that he had a plastic stick holding up the decklid and he told me(when I asked him about it and suggested struts) it was to help hold it open (it was very windy) so no one would get hit on their head as they looked at the engine. As to your question to him about which tranny is best, you didn't even tell him what you would be using the car for. Is it going to be a daily driver? 1/4 racer? Autocrosser?, etc. How can you expect a person to give an answer to such a general question? I don't think flaming Archie on our forum is a good idea, especially when you are doing it because of some misguided feeling that he wasn't paying attention to you or your questions. If Archie did something wrong to you then you would have the right to complain, since he didn't, keep you lopsided opinion to yourself.

------------------

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And on a brighter note, I found out last week at the Dell's show that I'm not on his "Weakest Link" list when I asked.

Was nice finally meeting you Archie!

------------------

"The PRE10DR"

Denny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I normally stay out of threads like this, but this once I'll ask a very simple question here (for wiccantoy): When you have a problem with someone, guess where the very best place is to take that problem?

------------------

Mid Atlantic Fiero Owners Association
New England Fiero Association
Keystone State Chapter, P.O.C.I.
P.O.C.I.

Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BEFORE you start hammering anyone, you might want to take English 101 because you certainly NEED some lessons in grammar etiquette, capitalization, punctuation, etc. You have worked on hot rods for 7 years? Hell, it doesn't seem like you even went to school for 7 years!

wiccantoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i did start to ask him questions , and in an earlier post i mentioned that i had more than 1 question . but only posted 1 of them ! i did mention to him that i wanted a good set up for street. but was intrested in an all round set up . and dependability was the most important nomater which set up i had to use. when we spoke i had no negativity tword him . but now i do ! you dont like what i have to say ? shut up and dont respond! i am entitled to vent and voice my opinions no matter what anyone thinks of it ..... all i wanted is some questions to be resolved . not to be brushed off. he was more concerned with taking pictures than selling his product . i guess he doesnt need money .
wiccantoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wiccantoy

3372 posts
Member since Mar 2002
Elvira ,
Is this better for you ? When i am typing, i am less worried about my grammer, punctuation, etc. As i am more trying to get what i have to say typed on here. This way i can get back to what i have to do around the home with my kids. Is this O.K. with you ? I din't realise I was being judged on my caps....
PFF
System Bot
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ONLY COMMENT that this thread is worth:
To
The
Trash
Can....

Get a Life and stop being JELEAOUS, You Freak!!

------------------

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com

4.9L V/8....In Progress!!

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Smoooooth GT

8823 posts
Member since Jun 2001

no if your gonna take a car into a show that represents you and your products it should be mint .

When my car(SmoothGT) hit's the first show in October it won't be a perfect product either, But, There won't be another one like it... There's not another one like the "Stinger" either.... Give NO credit for ALL the Great Part's of the car.. Just point out a few NEGATIVE'S...
Get my point..??

Post some pic's of your car and put your car up AGAINST the "Stinger".. Want to put up OR SHUT UP???

[This message has been edited by Smoooooth GT (edited 06-05-2002).]

Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Elvira ,
Is this better for you ? When i am typing, i am less worried about my grammer, punctuation, etc. As i am more trying to get what i have to say typed on here. This way i can get back to what i have to do around the home with my kids. Is this O.K. with you ? I din't realise I was being judged on my caps....

Well gee, don't like YOUR faults being pointed out?? Might want to think about that BEFORE you slam people. Archie has been nothing but helpful to most everyone (obviously YOU are an exception for some reason). If you have questions which went unanswered, why don't you call Archie. I'm sure he will be helpful, as he usually is. LT1 Stinger is a mixture of "can it be done?". Yes, it still needs work and Archie will be the first person to admit it, but look at the big picture; a Fiero, chopped, dropped, Corvette engine installed, and suicide doors. It is TRUELY a "one-of-a-kind". By the way, welcome to PFF.

fierojunky

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierojunkySend a Private Message to fierojunkyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:
All I smell here is a TROLL.
Rob D.

Don't Feed the Trolls!

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

you dont like what i have to say ? shut up and dont respond! i am entitled to vent and voice my opinions no matter what anyone thinks of it .....

Yes you are right. You're entitled to your opinion. And so am I, and so is the rest of this board!!! If you don't like that, then don't post.
I appologize for assuming that when you said you worked on hot rods it was only body work. If your such an expert with a paint gun, lets see your car. I'm sure there are many people on this board that can critique your fiero.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...all i wanted is some questions to be resolved. not to be brushed off. he was more concerned with taking pictures than selling his product . i guess he doesnt need money .

OK... for starters, what were you complaining about in the beginning- the quality of finish of the bodywork. What do you want to ask questions about? The V8 Conversion... two entirely separate worlds. Most people are either mechanically inclined, or aesthetically (bodywork) inclined. Archie obviously has his hand in both, but still focuses on the Mechanics (he's V8Archie, not ChopTopArchie). So don't knock it 'till you've tried it!

2nd- if I'm doing something (taking pictures- especially possible promotional pictures) and I've got someone pestering me with questions... I'd probably blow you off too! What? you can't wait 2-5 minutes until I'm done doing what I've already started?

Now if you've got your undies in such a bunch about your unanswered questions... why not just ask the damn questions so we can answer 'em for you already (I'm sure by the sounds of it- they've been asked, and if you use the "search" function you might find them yourself).

i have a question . he will answer untill i understand. the way most people that are trying to sell a product or service should

So... what are you selling anyway!?

Why do you have your undies in such a bunch over this anyways?

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 06-05-2002).]

GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My dad gets sh!t from people because his Camaro isn't perfect. I'll be the first to admit that my dad should probably spend more time on the bodywork, BUT.... Nobody mocks the acceleration when that 475hp 383ci stoker when he blows past them as if they're standing still. BTW, I just recieved my Archie kit and I'm very happy with it, even though the parts aren't polished like chrome.
Chief

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie has shown us his work now you show us yours, since your work is so much better why don't you enter your Fiero in a show and let the judges decide who is best. Or give us a preview by posting pictures here on this forum.

wkayl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wkaylSend a Private Message to wkaylEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spoke with Archie at the go-cart track on Sat. (which he helped sponsor and gave out 20 free tickets). I asked him if I could get a ride in the stinger after the awards on Sunday to video a ride from the inside. He said “Sure, if the guys don’t have it loaded.” As luck would have it, it was loaded so I was taken for a ride in the Finale by one of his guys. All I can say is “WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!”

Thanks Archie….

P.S, I hope no one looked too close at the details of my 'camper'

------------------

Let's go camping!

[This message has been edited by wkayl (edited 06-05-2002).]

wiccantoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
to the person the posted he was taking pictures probbaly promo's?
well if i am selling a product.
1 i am going to make sure that the person in buying my product is going to come first . it was him taking pics of carlisle , while i was talking to him . the camera came out while we were talking . i didnt walk up to him in the middle of what he was doing !!!!

2 as far as quality . if you are the normal joe that is showing your car i dont see any reason that your car should be perfect! but if you are there to show your product and show the quality of work you do . it should be told it is in the works or be done right in the first place . to me bring it shows poor judgement , and shows poor quality in your work . if i wanted the top of my fiero choped and saw that as the quality of his work i would laugh at him . the main issue the way that myself and my friend were treated when trying to find info on his product.. you know damn well that if you had questions about a manufacturer you would want them answered. and to say well if he didnt answer your questions the first time i should call him . the hell with that . if he cant take the time to talk to me the first time why should i take the time and money to call him long distance???

PFF
System Bot
JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wkayl:
...P.S, I hope no one looked too close at the details of my 'camper'

Yeah, I took a look at that incomplete POS of a camper you built. You would at least think you could have finished it by putting in a bathroom with a shower, air conditioner and a kitchenette in there and maybe a living room so we could at least have some place to party in style! j/k!

I just had to razz you a bit wkayl! ;D

JEDI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JEDISend a Private Message to JEDIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

if i have a product to sell and i am advertising it at a show . then hell i will sit with you for as long as it takes . i didnt get even 2 minutes .!

You sound like such a...never mind.

I talked with Archie for almost TWO HOURS at the Daytona show. He never once showed any sort of annoyance or impatience about the questions I asked, and I assure you, they were very common questions.
As far as the Stinger goes, it looked damn good to me. Infact, it looked like a show car despite the fact it is his daily driver.
No one here has problems with people having a differance of opinions, but keep insults to yourself or find the door.

EDIT:

You know, I thought about it and you seem to have a huge case of Peni...ahem...Fiero Envy. Jealous?

Oh, and I would love to see pics of your suicide door and reliable V8 conversion. While your at, please tell the forum the PROPER way to chop top and display a car.

[This message has been edited by JEDI (edited 06-05-2002).]

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think somebody's jelous...

------------------
Adam J. B.
1987 Blue GT 5-speed
3.8 swap starting soon
IM AOL: GTFiero

ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wiccantoy, I think you've made your point. You don't plan on buying Archies kit. Also, you seem to be under the assumption that when he attends an event he has to answer potential customers questions. Barring being behind a vendor booth, I don't believe he has any obligations to answer anyone questions, I believe he has the right to enjoy his weekends as he wishes. The fact that he does answer questions and also gives rides, is because he wants to, not because he has too. I've dealt with people who have told me, I don't talk shop out of shop, if you want/need information, please call me during normal business hours. Rude, perhaps, but again people have the right to enjoy their time off as they wish.
It's a shame you're letting one encounter turn you off to Archies business. He's been selling Fiero products for years, and has a wealth of information that he contributes to the forum and the Fiero community.
JD86GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JD86GT350Send a Private Message to JD86GT350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well this is obviously just a troll.

Somebody with 33 posts just happens to speak up when Archie is taking some time off?

Shall we count how many awards The Stinger has won so far?

------------------

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wiccantoy........0
Archie...........26

It looks like no one is on your side, or cares for your opinion.

I'm a little bias..........I bought one of Archie's cars. and it's true it's not perfect, but than it's not a $60,000 car like you build.

------------------

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did anybody mention that the Stinger won "Best In Class" (or was that "Best of Show") at the Chicage World Of Wheels?
There couldn't have been too much wrong with it.
I was all over that car at Ed Parks swap meet. I sure as hell didn't find anything to criticize.

I'm going to reach just a bit here.
I can usually size somebody up within a few minutes of meeting them. I'm sure Archie is much better at it than I am.
If I was selling a complicated product, and I thought that a particular customer was going to be a pain in my ass if he ever *did* buy it, I would attempt to discourage them. Some potential customers are just not worth dealing with.

Go away.

------------------
Raydar

From the Department of Redundancy Department.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 06-05-2002).]

Ferrari Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ferrari FanClick Here to visit Ferrari Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Ferrari FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really don't understand this. If you are so good at doing this kind of work, then why aren't we calling you to do the work to our cars, instead of Archie, you punk!

------------------

Ferrari Fan

SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JD86GT350:
well this is obviously just a troll.

Somebody with 33 posts just happens to speak up when Archie is taking some time off?

Shall we count how many awards The Stinger has won so far?

yep, troll

It is the internet so it happens sometimes!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock