AZ Fieros March 2017 Event / Meet by Kee588T
Started on: 03-21-2017 12:09 AM
Replies: 1 (178 views)
Last post by: Kee588T on 05-08-2017 03:35 PM
Kee588T

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow and OMG where has the time gone.
AZ Fieros March 2017 Event/Meet.
BOP is this Sunday. I do hope all the Fiero folk are making plans to show up to support the event, 10AM until 3PM or so at the Scottsdale Pavilions Shopping Center. There are some really great looking cars and some pretty neat raffle items at this one.

As most of you know Ron LaFortune passed last year. A lot of his collection was passed on by Pam to me and a few of his close friends. Pam said he would have like the collection shared by those that have an appreciation for Fieros. I hope to have pictures of what I have of the collection of parts available at the show. They will be around by the car. If you are in need of anything please come stop by and take a look. Any donations that may be collected will be pass on to Pennocks in Ron's name.

I do hope to see a bunch of Pontiac two seater fans there.

Best
KS
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Kee588T

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2017 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All,
(April Post)
The BOP event was a success in that we had five cars entered three 88 fastbacks, one top a that took first place in the unrestored category for the whole show (and there were a bunch in the category) an Indy and an 84 Iron Duke.
The folks that were there had a few discussions about our next proposed get together for a TECH EVENT. The "dew wipes" replacement seemed to be very popular with the AZ sun drying out the parts as we sat there. There are a few issues. We need a good candidate car and an owner with the parts sets. The candidate car needs a door disassembly up front to be sure that the door panels are removable without being damaged and that the screws are in "good enough shape " to be removed without drilling them out. My Michigan and Indiana cars are probably out of the running as the winter and the rain there have probably destroyed all of those elements. Then the owner will need all the replacement parts (dew wipe, screws, "Christmas tree" plugs and you may need new felt pads). So if you think you have a candidate car do your tear down and let me know if you have a clean project car. If we don't find a clean car we will likely be doing a lunch run somewhere in late May or early June. We haven't been West of town yet. Any suggestions?

(May Post)
Here we go again – I lost April. And I am out of town for most of May.
Time sure does seem to go by rapidly.

I did not get a post 2017 BOP post out to the Pennock site with the pictures of the five cars that were entered. So here we go.
Rear View

Trophy Cars plus

The 88 red Fastback, the first in the line of five (back view), took the best in the unrestored class, one of the largest groups in the show. Good showing Kyle?l. His second red Fastback car was right next to the first. You can never own just one!

Plans are forming for the dew wipe replacement event are forming – but not really set. A likely patient car, Brandon’s 88 red Fastback has been offered up, and two garages have been offered for the late may planned event. No firm date has been set. I'll be attempting to get the volunteers to pick a time and place that will work for them and will get a posting out soon. Till then wishing you all a get late spring drive some where in the little two seaters.
Best

Best
KevinS
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock