AZFieros January 2017 Pima Air Museum RUN, 1/21/2017 by Kee588T
Started on: 01-06-2017 03:44 PM
Replies: 3 (183 views)
Last post by: Kee588T on 01-22-2017 08:11 PM
Kee588T

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2017 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All,

So far I have heard that Steve G, Charlie and Myra will not be able to attend on the planned Saturday......

Is anyone planning on making the run with me, or joining us in Tuscon?

Let us try to get some kind of a head/car count.

PLEASE respond by the 15th of the month (9 days out). OK?

It is about a two hour trip from the whole foods parking lot to the museum (one stop between) parking lot. Leaving at 9 AM with an arrival at 11 AM. Admission is $15.50.

Let me know

Best

KS
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
SCRebeck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2017 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCRebeckSend a Private Message to SCRebeckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this still happening? I can meet everyone at the museum.
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All,
The response to the PIMA Air Museum run this Saturday, the 21st, has been sparse http://www.pimaair.org/ . But, we shall carry on as if it was overwhelming. Remember - Fiero owners event. You do not actually have to chance your Fiero for the run if you are uncomfortable with that amount of road.
The Kick-off point, as normal for most of these south runs, will be the Raintree Ranch Center (Whole Foods – lots of traveling goodies & breakfast selections, Paradise Bakery, Starbucks, Orange leaf – sweets and a few others; mini mall) on the corners of Ray Road and Coronado Boulevard just east of the 101. We will be leaving the area shortly after 9 AM. Remember rain is in the forecast. Make sure the wipers are in good shape. I remember my first rain in AZ, when I turned on the wipers and left half the rubber blade stuck to the windshield. Not Good!! We will plan on one stop somewhere on the north side of Tucson and arriving at the museum parking lot right around 11 AM. The entry fee for the museum is $15.50 for adults and $9 for children over 4.
We can plan lunch onsite after we get in and our dinner plans – if any - before we leave.
So far one person has responded from the Tucson area – but unfortunately they will not be able to join us for museum activity. Although, Don will attempt to join us in the parking area before we go in the gates. Make that two now. Hopefully SCRebeck can join. Figure for roughly 4 to 5 hours on site.
So, hope for a good showing.
See you all in the lot at Whole Foods or there abouts between 8:30 and 9.
Best
KS
P.S.
We will be looking for a good place to do a dew wipes replacement seminar in May. Any volunteers? Let me know
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2017 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All,
It was an interesting trip down Tucson way. Started out sunny and cool at the in the Whole Foods parking lot. The GT made it over tot he parking lot, sat around a while waiting on the rides to show up with the lights and radio on - dead battery buy the time we were leaving. Sure am glad it is an easy push start - as it was me pushing, jumping in, and popping the clutch. Arizona is HARD on batteries. Did not trust it for the trip - so a quick trip home to pull out the G6 GT for the run south. Pima Air Museum is a must for any airplane enthusiast in AZ. kind of like the Aurburn Cord Museum is for Indianian. I had to go back to see that one, and I lived 5 miles away for a decade.
It was a full day of weather, sun; rain; sleet and hale. Just missed out on snow - but could see it coming down in the hills around Tucson.
OK a couple of pictures

Remember next event is the BOP, Sunday, March 26th
Scottsdale Pavilions Shopping Center

P.S.
Looking for a home and volunteers for the May event/run to do a seminar on the dew wipes replacement.
Let me know
KS

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock