Capitol City Fiero Club "Spring Run to the Glen" by Kevin87FieroGT
Started on: 04-05-2016 11:53 AM
Replies: 19 (875 views)
Last post by: Kevin87FieroGT on 04-01-2017 01:42 PM
Kevin87FieroGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All are invited to join the Capitol City Fiero Club' "Spring Run to the Glen". Though the notice is short, please join us in getting our cars on the road for the 2016 season.

This years run officially starts in London, ONT. on Friday the 15th. We have cars crossing into Canada at the bridges in Port Huron, MI and Detroit. For those from Michigan, pick your entry and join up prior to the bridge of your choice. For those of you from Canada, please feel free to join in at London, or meet us along the way to the Peace Bridge entry into to the U.S.. For those from NY, PA, or any other locale, please feel free to join us along the way to Watkins Glen, at the host hotel, Friday night, or any place convenient for you.

There is no cost other than your own and a set donation for your track ticket as described on the tracks website. (http://www.theglen.com/Tickets-Events/Events/2015/Opening-Weekend-presented-by-Kwik-Fill.aspx). Fieros of all types and sizes, and Fiero friends are welcome to come along for the track, or any part of the weekend. We do ask that at the track "Faster in front..slower in back" and that Fieros stick together in the lineup.

Hope to see you there!

Capitol City Fiero Club
Watkins Glen April 15, 16, 17, 2016

Friday April 15:

10:00 AM. Our meeting location for the run will be at: Tim Hortons 1105 Wellington Road
London ON N6E1V4 Canada

From this point we will travel to and across the Peace Bridge into New York.

1:00 PM. Lunch at: Jack Astor's, 2000 Walden Ave., Buffalo, NY 14225 (http://jackastors.com/location-map/38/)

Then we hit the back roads to the Letchworth State Park (http://nysparks.com/parks/79/details.aspx), and on to Watkins Glen and our host hotel.

6:30 PM. We will gather at host hotel.
7:00 PM. Dinner at: House of Hong, 106 South Franklin, Watkins Glen

Saturday April 16:

8:00 AM. Breakfast at: Chef's Dinner, Montour Falls
9:30 AM. We will be leaving for the track.
10:00 AM. We have a reservation to be the first car club run on "The Glen".
After our track runs, we expect 2-3, you are on your own for wine tours, photo opps. and lunch

6:30 PM. Dinner at: The Decoy Restaurant, 4576 Route 14, Rock Stream, NY
After dinner, weather permitting, we will have a bonfire at the host hotel. byob, your soft drinks and snacks.

Sunday April 17:

8:00 AM. Breakfast at: Chef's Dinner, Montour Falls
9:30 AM. We are leave for the track.
10:00 AM. We again have a reservation for the first car club run on "The Glen". Expect 1-2 runs.
After our track run we will say our goodbyes and run home. Lunch TBD. Those from Michigan will travel to London, ONT then into MI at Port Huron and Detroit.

http://www.theglen.com/Tick...ed-by-Kwik-Fill.aspx
http://jackastors.com/location-map/38/
http://nysparks.com/parks/79/details.aspx
http://www.hotels.com/de146...tkins-glen-new-york/
http://www.capitolcityfieroclub.com

[This message has been edited by Kevin87FieroGT (edited 04-18-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there but in my Tucson as I have some running around to do in upstate NY, prior to the Glen.

http://imagizer.imageshack....40q90/673/mFnBsV.jpg

from last years event.

[This message has been edited by Old Lar (edited 04-05-2016).]

Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look forward to seeing you there!
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The long range weather forecast says that it will be in the 60s the Saturday, Sunday and sunny both days.
Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put those warm weather sport tires on.
FivePointO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2016 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FivePointOSend a Private Message to FivePointOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
87 Blue SE ready to go
Friday dinner reservations all made for the gang
Saturday Dinner reservations all made for the gang

leaving at 6:00 AM and will see all in London at 10:00 AM on the 15th

[This message has been edited by FivePointO (edited 04-07-2016).]

Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2016 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great, will see you there at Tim Hortons for coffee!

Below are a couple routes we plan to take. Unfortunately, we will limit some of the back roads thru NY Friday due to time constraints, sorry guys. For anyone joining at the Letchworth State Park, we will be entering the park at the Castile Entrance. After stopping by the falls to the south and the Mt. Morris Dam to the north, we will be exiting the park from the north at the intersection of Park Rd. / NY36 S.

Route from Peace Bridge, Buffalo, NY to Letchworth State Park:

https://w ww.google.com/maps...!2d42.599581!3e0!4e1

Route from Letchworth State Park to Watkins Glen:

[This message has been edited by Kevin87FieroGT (edited 04-18-2016).]

Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weather is taking shape for the weekend. 60's* and sunny. What an opening weekend, let's hope the forecast holds true.

[This message has been edited by Kevin87FieroGT (edited 04-10-2016).]

FivePointO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2016 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FivePointOSend a Private Message to FivePointOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our Friday Lunch stop will be at Jack Astor's @ 1:00 PM
2000 Walden Ave. Buffalo, NY 14225
FivePointO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2016 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FivePointOSend a Private Message to FivePointOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FivePointO

4 posts
Member since Mar 2016
Watkins Glen Who All is Going Sound off

Robert Holtz -2
Kevin O'Keefe -2
Mark Bannan -2
Greg Murade - 2
Old Lar -1
Mike -1
Duane -1
Basenface -2

[This message has been edited by FivePointO (edited 04-11-2016).]

seq

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2016 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Wife and I will be at the Glen, but won't be in the convoy. Which sucks, because I live about ten minutes away from that Timmies in London We'll probably convoy home, though.

My Father-in-law lives in Rochester, so we're going a few days early to visit.

My Dad (who came with me last year) will likely be coming too, and maybe have his Fiero. It depends on whether guy blocking him in storage answers his phone.
PFF
System Bot
mderue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2016 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mderueSend a Private Message to mderueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be meeting you in Buffalo for lunch, and then cruising through Letchworth with you on Friday. And the meeting you again Saturday at the glen for bfast and the track. Just me friday, and my brother and I Sat. Seq, pm me if you want to drive down together on Saturday morning.

Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last call. The weather looks great!
seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2016 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was lots of fun!

Videos: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 (Bad sound on the last one).

As the cameras are inside the car, you get the added benefit of me pretending to know what I'm talking about when my wife asked track questions

[This message has been edited by seq (edited 04-19-2016).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2016 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was there, but passed on going on the track. I was taking photos of the cars as they passed under the archway near the pit road. It was a great weekend for the event.
Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On behalf of the "Capitol City Fiero Club", we would like to thank all those who joined in on the fun at Watkins. What a great weekend for a spring cruise. With a couple good runs on the track Saturday and another even better run Sunday, everyone had a chance to take a couple thousand miles off their tires and put a smile on their face. Must admit, our group looked to be the one having the most fun at the track.

It was great to see old friends and meet new via Saturday nights dinner and campfire. With cars from London, Baltimore, Rochester, Windsor, Detroit, Eastern NY, Florida, and Jackson MI ( hope I didn't miss any) we sure had a diverse group of dedicated Fiero owners. Spirited driving and a love for anything Fiero sure appeared to be the common interest with this group. Hopefully all and more can make next years journey to "The Glen".

Small request: I can't post pictures very well yet, new to Mac. If you have photos of the weekend you care to share, please post them here.

Thanks everyone for a great "Run to the Glen". See you next year!

Kevin
Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2017 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's back!!

2017 Capitol City Fiero Club "Spring Run to the Glen"

http://capitolcityfieroclub...html?_=1489240939237

[This message has been edited by Kevin87FieroGT (edited 03-26-2017).]

seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What route are you taking?

If you're cutting through Ontario again, it looks like you'll be coming through London, ON at about 11-12? If so, I'll convoy down with you.

If you're going through Ohio, I'll just meet you there.
Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Working on the answer. I do believe those from MI will be passing thru London. Will try to get a time and place for you. We have a member who also lives Windsor area that often meets the group in London as well.
Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2017 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SEQ....We do have members passing thru London, Ont. on Friday. I'll send you a PM with contact info.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock