Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  Auburn Cord Duesenberg Festival Cruise-In Car Show (Fri Sept 4th)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Auburn Cord Duesenberg Festival Cruise-In Car Show (Fri Sept 4th) by Darth Fiero
Started on: 08-17-2015 06:11 PM
Replies: 29 (531 views)
Last post by: Darth Fiero on 09-09-2015 01:50 PM
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Auburn Cord Duesenberg Festival is holding their annual Cruise-In Car Show on Friday, September 4th.

NEW this year is the event will be opened at 10am! (Entry fee for the show is still $10).

If anyone with a Fiero (or any other car) wants to park together as a group - we will need to set up a meet in the Wal-Mart parking lot prior to traveling downtown to the show area.

Before I set a meet time, I would like to gauge interest to see how many Fieros and Fiero Friends would like to travel downtown as a group.

Please post in this thread if you want to join.

This event usually runs until dark; but there is plenty to see, do, and eat around the downtown Auburn square. They also usually have a live band and a "junkfood alley" set up.

------------------
More is more. Less is not enough.

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 08-19-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2015 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We will be there, as this is one of the best cruise-ins in the MidWest.

Where else can you see real Duesenbergs, Auburns and Cords sitting on the street?

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2015 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

We will be there, as this is one of the best cruise-ins in the MidWest.

Where else can you see real Duesenbergs, Auburns and Cords sitting on the street?

How many from the "Michigan contingent" do you estimate will be attending?
Riddick85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2015 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have to have a pretty car to join in? With a name like Auburn Cord Duesenberg sounds a bit high class for my 3800 driver fiero with bad paint
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2015 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Riddick85:

Do you have to have a pretty car to join in? With a name like Auburn Cord Duesenberg sounds a bit high class for my 3800 driver fiero with bad paint

There are guys who enter classic "rat rods" into this show so I'm sure your car won't have the worst paint. There are also guys who bring their "work in progress" projects to this show so you shouldn't feel embarrassed to bring your Fiero.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of high quality rides that come to this show. But the people are nice and the atmosphere is welcoming to vehicles of all types. There's bound to be stuff at this show that many people have never seen before.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2015 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
/\ /\ /\ What he said /\ /\ /\

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2015 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could you be a bit more specific on the location than "downtown?"
Can I assume it's in Fort Wayne?
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2015 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Could you be a bit more specific on the location than "downtown?"
Can I assume it's in Fort Wayne?

The event is held in Auburn, Indiana.

I can't be more specific about "downtown" because the entire downtown area of Auburn IS the show ground. By the time all cars who are attending the show arrive, the "show" will likely occupy 6 or more streets from the courthouse in every direction. This is a HUGE show. It would not surprise me if there are 1000 or more cars who enter the show this year, depending on the weather - of course.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2015 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

The event is held in Auburn, Indiana.

I can't be more specific about "downtown" because the entire downtown area of Auburn IS the show ground. By the time all cars who are attending the show arrive, the "show" will likely occupy 6 or more streets from the courthouse in every direction. This is a HUGE show. It would not surprise me if there are 1000 or more cars who enter the show this year, depending on the weather - of course.

It helps to know which town when referring to downtown. Thanks.

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2015 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

It helps to know which town when referring to downtown. Thanks.

I actually did say where this event was being held in my first post:

This event usually runs until dark; but there is plenty to see, do, and eat around the downtown Auburn square.

http://www.acdfestival.org/
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2015 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take your word on it. I must have missed it, thinking it might include Auburns as well as Cord and Duesenberg.
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2015 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All three brands will be there, several are pieces from the local museums.

Where else will you see that?
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2015 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive been to one there once before. I just might come that way myself if nothings going on here. If I do Ill probably bring my friends new Bentley Continental GT. Hes got a garage full of Corvettes, but everyone sees a dozen at any car show.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2015 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Come on up Roger, its quite the event!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2015 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ill see. I have a friend in Cambridge, Oh, that has his own Auburn Speedster, Cord 812 and Duesenberg Phaeton, as well as a '30 Lincon TC and '30 Packard. He might just be over there.
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2015 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plan on attending, will be coming down with Joe.

Jack
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2015 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to go again but I watch my grandson till 1:00 , I might have to bring him with me.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So guys, we just have a few days left before the cruise.

Dust off your Fiero and come to the show!

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 08-31-2015).]

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's discuss what time all of those who wish to attend and want to park together down in the show grounds want to meet at the outer part of the Wal-Mart parking lot in Auburn (near the I-69 and State Road 8 interchange).

As mentioned earlier, the "gates open" at 10am. We don't have to be there at 10am sharp. Keep in mind this is a Friday event so many people have to work and it probably won't get crazy until around 5pm. I would like to get to the show well before 5, but it certainly doesn't have to be as early as 10am. This event runs until dark so if we got there at 10am it would be a 10+ hour car show.

I was thinking we could meet at Wal-Mart around 11:45am and then make the trip down at 12 noon.

Sound good? Other suggestions are welcome.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any time works for me. If we park in the area we were at last year, we could probably have room for latecomers.
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

If we park in the area we were at last year, we could probably have room for latecomers.

There is no guarantee we will get that same spot this year. It all depends on where we get directed once our group enters the show ground.
PFF
System Bot
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last year started at 1 and we met at 12, and it was already a zoo downtown. The courthouse square was already full,
the place we parked was not bad but we did get a lot of complaints about being in front of the bank.
From 10 till dark would be a long day .
They do have pancakes at the museum in the am , and ice cream in the afternoon along with beer.
bkw88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2015 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bkw88Send a Private Message to bkw88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of the nicest shows I have been too!!!! Some very nice cars to all out rat rods. It's a blast!!!! I will be there!!!!! I will be down with Joe and jack!!!!! Looking forward to seeing you all there!!!!!
Safe travels too all who are coming
Brian
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2015 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Based on the lack of alternative suggestions, I'm going to go ahead and FINALIZE it.

Anyone who wishes to park with us as a group at the show must meet at the outer portion of the Wal-Mart parking lot in Auburn, Indiana (near the I-69 and State Road 8 interchange) around 11:45am this Friday, September 4th. We will leave the parking lot to travel downtown at 12 noon.
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2015 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Darth Fiero

5921 posts
Member since Oct 2002

The entrances to the downtown cruise-ins are at North and South Main Street locations, according to the map. Traffic conditions day-of will determine which entrance we ultimately go to. But I think we should try to use the South Main Street entrance since that will be the easiest to get to from Wal-Mart.

The route we will likely take from Wal-Mart will be east out of the parking lot and directly onto 15th St. Take that east all the way into town then turn left on S. Main - if we can enter the show from there.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2015 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good, see you tomorrow!
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2015 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Six Fieros , well received.
Very nice show.
A good time was had by all!
PhilipFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2015 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilipFieroSend a Private Message to PhilipFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in the US right now, driving my Dutch Fiero. Would love to go!
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2015 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PhilipFiero:

I'm in the US right now, driving my Dutch Fiero. Would love to go!

Sorry Philip, the cruise was Friday night. Where are you and how long will you be in North America? There are some great events coming up in September!

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 09-05-2015).]

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2015 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just uploaded the pictures I took of this event to this webpage: http://www.gmtuners.com/eve..._show2015/index.html

Enjoy!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock