Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  MAFOA Support the Troops Charity Show benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
MAFOA Support the Troops Charity Show benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 02-21-2012 08:02 PM
Replies: 16 (603 views)
Last post by: katore8105 on 05-02-2012 01:43 PM
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2012 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Date: 5 May 2012
Rain or shine
Registration Fees: $15 pre-registration on the MAFOA website, or $20 day of show.

There are many reasons to say thanks. One of the most important reasons is reserved for those who have sacrificed for their country and for your freedom. MAFOA wants to do just that, by announcing a brand new show that will honor American servicemen and women, through the power of our membership and the Fiero. This new venture will be held in Harrisburg Pennsylvania, on the grounds of the 28th Infantry Division Headquarters, Harrisburg Military Post. We will be donating 100% of the proceeds from this show to the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP), a nonprofit organization that supports and raises public awareness of injured service members. The show will be attended by a wounded soldier representing the WWP, SSG Chris Bain, as our guest of honor. Read about Chris's story at: http://www.pennlive.com/mid...s_us_army_staff.html

The show also promises to entertain. There will be a swap meet on site, with free spaces to anyone who would like to bring their Fiero wares, food and drink, and possibly raffles. While this is a first-year event, it will be a learning experience and may become an annual event if attendance and logistics prevail. The show will be comprised of four classes – stock notchback, stock fastback, modified notchback, and modified fastback, with three awards per class. There will also be a Best of Show award, as well as an award chosen by the guest of honor.

Please come out and show your appreciation and pride, buy or sell those hard to find Fiero parts, eat some grub, and enjoy the company of your Fiero comrades. Let’s hit this out of the park for the WWP.

For more information on the WWP: www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Here is the address. If you put it in Google Maps, it will take you to the right place.

National Guard
1400 Calder Street
Harrisburg, PA 17103

The entrance is point A on this map:

And this will be the showfield and building for registration.

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 04-03-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2012 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A great cause for a Fiero show. I'll be there!
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2012 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnt671:

A great cause for a Fiero show. I'll be there!

Sweet! See you there.

EDIT: The above post has been edited to include the registration fees and to confirm our Wounded Warrior Project guest of honor.
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Web site should be done on Sunday night for pre registration .... I will be workin on it while watching the Daytona 500
Charlie64

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would love to make it for this event.
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Registration page is up just need to confime that it works from treas. and pres.

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2012 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really looking forward to this one!
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2012 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Registered for it a few days ago. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

------------------
There's no such thing as too much power!

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2012 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see everyone there, this is really shaping up to be a great event. I have now found out we will be sharing the grounds with some of my fellow soldiers, but there should still be plenty of room for everyone.
katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2012 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Charlie64:

Registered for it a few days ago. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Darn it! I was trying to figure out your name before printing the news letter with your car's picture from Lititz! It is unfortunately too late now.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2012 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edited first post with address and maps, as I realized I never put that info out.
PFF
System Bot
katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright guys, This is the season kick off event for the largest east coast Club. Where is everyone lurking?
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I posted in another thread; if everything STAYS arranged as it is now, I will be making the trip to support the Wounded Warrior Project. Looking forward to meeting everyone and really anticipating the drive! Here's hoping for excellent weather and a good turnout.

------------------
1988 GT
Manual
Medium Red Metallic
Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs

johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this show still on? Both threads have been dead. I've been working on the car to get it ready. Thanks.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnt671:

Is this show still on? Both threads have been dead. I've been working on the car to get it ready. Thanks.

Sure is, John. Sorry, haven't been on much to create chatter. But YES! It's on rain or shine. Remember everyone, this is also a swap meet, if you have stuff to sell, bring it! THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR SPACE TO SELL YOUR PARTS! And there is plenty of space, indoors and out. There will also be food, indoor restroom facilities, indoor registration, silent auctions, etc! And as stated before, all proceeds benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And now with the price of gasoline dropping an unbelievable 5 cents a gallon there is simply no excuse, not to attend. With all that I’m going to save, I just might buy me one of those soft drinks I’ve heard so much about. See you there!
katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NY crew will be down on Friday and making a weekend out of it! Can't Wait!

Edit to add, if anyone has an 87 / 88 duke exhaust manifold, Please bring it with you. I will buy it from you. Must be 87 or 88. there is a difference in the flange.

[This message has been edited by katore8105 (edited 05-02-2012).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock