Daytona 2012 by Dragon
Started on: 10-30-2011 11:04 PM
Replies: 12 (681 views)
Last post by: Donster on 03-29-2012 09:15 PM
Dragon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2011 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a link with information to the show

http://floridafieros.org/daytona2012/

It should be updated as things are firmed up

------------------

87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2011 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those interested in the beach party we were talking about...

I just checked for available rooms at Ocean East.
It seems that Spring Break and all those other events are right around the same time.
So there aren't many rooms available. But who knows how many would want a room anyway. Even if you don't get a room there, the facilities are still available for our use. Of course, if there isn't any interest in spending Friday on the beach then...
Facilities include:
Pool
Hot Tub
Bar / Restaurant next to the pool deck
Volleyball on the beach
Shuffle Board
Bocce Ball
Bathrooms in the pool area. (No don't go to the bathroom in the pool please) These are actually toilets in an enclosed building! There's no excuse! Jeesh!
Outdoor showers on the pool deck.
Bathrooms, private showers, sauna and excercise room inside the main building.
ICE machine - yeah it's huge and the ice is free.
Beach ramp for the car right next to the resort (standard Volusia County beach rates apply)
Gas BBQ grills and picnic tables
Free use of pool towels (not allowed to take them on the beach)
and of course, the ocean just a few steps away...

This is what's available. I expected a lot more rooms to be available.

One Studio Streetside that's available 3/30 all the way through the morning of 4/2. Cost - $108 per night.

One Studio Streetside that's available 3/30 and another that's available through the morning of 4/2. You would have to move between the rooms on Saturday morning. Cost - $108 per night.

One Studio Oceanside that's available 3/30 all the way through the morning of 4/2. Cost - $144 per night.

One 2 Bderoom Streetside that's available 3/30 and another that's available through the morning of 4/2. You would have to move between the rooms on Saturday morning. Cost - $162 per night.

The studio units have a pretty comfortable pull-out sofa and a murphy bed that tips out from the wall. These rooms are a bit on the small side but have a full kitchen and almost always a balcony too. Two friendly couples would have no problem sharing a room. The room with the sofa has pocket doors for a bit of privacy. The murphy bed is in the middle of the room and has pretty much no privacy if anyone gets up in the middle of the night to head to the bathroom. But if you're not modest or shy, who cares?

The 2 bedroom unit has a king bed in an enclosed room, a queen bed in another enclosed room and a huge sectional sofa that also has a pull-out queen matress in it. This is a LARGE room. It also has a larger kitchen, separate vanity area from the bathroom and a larger balcony. Three friendly couples would have no problem sharing this room as long as one was okay with sleeping in the living room.

If you want to check for dates other than Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, just give them a call. If you decide you want one of the rooms just email me at chjesthe at gmail.com and I'll send them an email so that you can use my discount. It's like 20% off. The prices given above INCLUDE all discounts, taxes and fees.

Their website REALLY sucks. They made it back in the early 90's I think... It's impossible to find any of the info listed below. So since I know where it's at... you're welcome.
http://www.oceaneast.com
(386)677-811

Here is a direct link to the floor layout if you'd like to look at it while you talk to them on the phone.
http://www.oceaneast.com/floorindex.htm

This is the studio (efficiency) page on their website. There are only a few with balconies shaped like a rectangle. Most are triangular. Draw a line from the upper left to the lower right of the balcony. This is what you should expect to actually get.
http://www.oceaneast.com/effici.htm

This is the 2 bedroom page of their website. It's accurately represented.
http://www.oceaneast.com/room1.htm

The rooms have all been remodeled since these pictures were taken.

If you need any other information, let me know.

[This message has been edited by 2002z28ssconv (edited 11-08-2011).]

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2011 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
time to bump this

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When registering online - you do not to have to worry about the year of your Fiero. They are grandfathered in and we still have our location at turn 4

------------------

87 GT
Custom Paint

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2012 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm amazed at how many out of state people are planning to come this year. We might break some attendance records.
AL87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2012 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what day are the fieros supposed to be allowed to make parade laps? march april???

[This message has been edited by AL87 (edited 01-17-2012).]

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2012 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AL87:

what day are the Fieros supposed to be allowed to make parade laps? march 1st?

As of now it will be 1 April

I hope they let us go earlier

------------------

87 GT
Custom Paint

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

FieroAndrew

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAndrewSend a Private Message to FieroAndrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gah, do I register and participate? Or should I be responsible and tell myself "next year" so I don't skip class and 3 shifts at work. If only it was the week prior!
Gwain

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GwainClick Here to visit Gwain's HomePageSend a Private Message to GwainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time for an update and a "bump" folks.

Fiero weekend at Daytona is less than 2 months away. If you haven't visited the host web site lately, take another look at who's registered, which vendors are planning to be on hand, and get a run down on some of the planned activities:

Click here to see who's registered

If you haven't registered with the Fiero folks yet, do it here:

Click here for your Fiero registration

To register to get into the track, follow the link on the web page. Daytona Track registration is separate.

Get it done today, and keep watching the thread for details.

See you all in Florida.

------------------
Marc in sunny Titusville, FL

• 84 SE son's car, loaded
  • 85 Coup w/V6 transplant
  • 85 GT looking to a 3.4 transpant
  • 86 SE/GT "The Chameleon" - big plans!
  • 88 Factory T-Top, really, the "last" one!
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2012 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Better start heading down to Daytona guys! The show is this weekend. And there's gonna be racing in the infield! Free too!!!

Just for the Fiero guys...

Tricyle Autocross

This baby's got a 6" chassis stretch and a 600 pound weight limit! Don't miss out!

PFF
System Bot
Gwain

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2012 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GwainClick Here to visit Gwain's HomePageSend a Private Message to GwainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
aaannnd, the motor's in the "rear"!

Marc

------------------
Marc in sunny Titusville, FL

• 84 SE son's car, loaded
  • 85 Coup w/V6 transplant
  • 85 GT looking to a 3.4 transpant
  • 86 SE/GT "The Chameleon" - big plans!
  • 88 Factory T-Top, really, the "last" one!
Donster

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2012 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DonsterSend a Private Message to DonsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whodeanie & I spoke yesterday, so the general consensus for Georgia participants is:

All going to Daytona and preferring to drive in a convoy, will meet at the rest-stop on I 75 southbound, just before you reach the Macon By-Pass (I 475) between ATL and Macon at 8 AM Friday morning.

If you have any questions, send me a PM.

\D

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock