Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  Southwest Region USA, Pontiac Southern Nationals, Dallas TX, June 5-6 (show & drags!)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Southwest Region USA, Pontiac Southern Nationals, Dallas TX, June 5-6 (show & drags!) by blakeinspace
Started on: 05-06-2010 04:56 PM
Replies: 14 (462 views)
Last post by: blakeinspace on 06-07-2010 01:05 PM
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here's a BIG announcement... the Dallas Area Pontiac Association will be hosting the Pontiac Southeren Nationals the first weekend in June. Guys... this is big. The PSN draws Pontiac show cars and race cars from all over the Southwest. In reviewing their show information... I noticed that there was no Fiero class. I really got irritated at that and made several attempts to reach their organizers. Persistance paid off... and now we have some recognition. Not only did they give me a class... they gave me two classes!... One stock and the other is altered. They came through for the us, now we need to come though for them. I need to get them some Fiero's! don't leave me hanging on this!... though outside of Dave... I am not sure how many stock Fiero's we have left! Here are some show details... and I am going to try and get some of the DAPA guys to come to our regular club meeting on May 22nd.
http://www.dapa.org/psn2010/
http://web5.virtbiz.com/www...03/PSN2010-Flyer.pdf

The PSN will be held in Mesquite on June 5&6... that's a fer piece from Cresson...
I may just invite myself over to Jim's or Poe's after the Saturday show.

The racing will be at the new track in Crandall, Tx on Sunday!
Here's a link to the track website.
It is the newest quarter-miler in Texas, and recently hosted an ep of 'Pinks, All Out'
http://www.dallasracewaymedia.com/index.html

If someone needs me to bring them race gas... let me know. I think I can buy it cheaper for you at the Motorsports Ranch than waht you can buy it for out at the track.

I am looking forward to this. Now that all Pontiacs are orphans... we need to stick together and Preserve our Excitement.
-blake

---- -----> Who's Attending <---- ----
1) blakeinspace (yeah... definately altered)
2) Tom Slick (stock)
3) ?
4) ?
5) ?

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 05-07-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
going to try and sneak into the stock class.

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully that "wire" will be done giving us trouble by then.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have a questions about the registration.
(1). if we're doing the Car Show and Race Spectator do we send in $40?
(1a). or do we send $25 for the Car show and pay at the gate to watch the races.
(2). who do we make the payments out to?
(2a). or do we register and pay at the event.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

i have a questions about the registration.
(1). if we're doing the Car Show and Race Spectator do we send in $40?
(1a). or do we send $25 for the Car show and pay at the gate to watch the races.
(2). who do we make the payments out to?
(2a). or do we register and pay at the event.

Make checks out to Pontiac Southern Nationals,
submit payment with registration for whichever day
you plan to attend and participate.

11 days left for early registration.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See u at the show.

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 05-22-2010).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mailed my reg today... and added the fee to spectate at the drags!
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:
mailed my reg today... and added the fee to spectate at the drags!

did mine yesterday, they told me not to add the spectate for the drags.

can't wait to see the paint touch up that Bob did on my car.

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 05-20-2010).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This weekend!... I never could get around to getting my nose repaired... .so she gonna come as she sits!

I just sent an email to the club mailing list reminding everyone.
T-top Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for T-top FieroSend a Private Message to T-top FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know that this may come as a surprise, but I have entered the show too.
See you guys there.

Pat.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
aweseome... be glad to have you alnog Pat!...

we look forward to your bi-annual attendance!
PFF
System Bot
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

This weekend!... I never could get around to getting my nose repaired... .so she gonna come as she sits!

I just sent an email to the club mailing list reminding everyone.

a front license plate will cover that right up.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, Where are the pics, and the time slips? My car is still in the shop getting that transmission leak repaired...again....and....again.....and....again...so that is why I did not show up @ the drags.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if anyone took pics.

No one ran at the strip either, Steven partied too much Saturday night at jim's place and over slept. By the time Steven would have gotten out there he would of had to gone straight into race mode. No test and tune runs, so it wasn't worth it plus it was HOT.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HOT is right...

We need to buy a club thermometer and put it on the pavement... let people know what we endured to support this show.

I hope DAPA/PSN asks for some feedback... I will be happy to give them some suggestions! What could REALLY help this event (other than changing the time of the year... is getting with clubGP and hosting in conjuction with their Shoot-Out. The Shoot-Out is well attended, and I know people are just as likely to go to Dallas Raceway/Ennis as they would be San Antonio Raceway.

To their credit, they did keep us all together with some clever parking, and it was really cool to see an all Pontiac Drag event... having been privy to other Fiero race organization events, I know it is not an easy or cheap thing to pull off, and they should be applauded.

I am proud of all who attended, thanks again for representing so well our club and our cars. NTFC had 10% of the cars there! The show field was 85 Pontiacs, and we had 8 Fiero's entered and 1 that came by for visit. Plus we had other members come out just to hang out... thanks guys. I say it often, and I will say it again... it is things like that, that make us one of the best Fiero clubs in the country, and make me proud to be a part of it.

Winners Stock:
Gold -- Steve Clark, 12,000mi yellow '88GT
Silver -- Tom Slick, Red '88GT

Winners Altered:
Gold -- Pat, '84 custom red T-Top
Silver -- Kim & Rob, new members, white '88GT
Silver -- blake, yellow Formula

Reg'd Attended:
Daniel -- '86 silver SE
Poe -- '86 white GT, 3800sc
Jim -- '84 silver coupe

Attended:
Steve Reid, Bryan Hodges, Mark Jones

Jim fed everyone that evening with delicious ribs and dogs... opened up his pool... and we had Stu come out for that.

Thanks for a great weekend guys.

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock