Triangle 2-Seaters Raleigh by FieroVin
Started on: 03-31-2010 12:26 AM
Replies: 74 (2416 views)
Last post by: LZeitgeist on 11-08-2013 09:29 AM
FieroVin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you live in North Carolina's Triangle area? Well, even if you don't if you feel like coming we're not going to stop ya'.

Maybe you’ve heard of cars and coffee, well now Triangle 2-Seaters presents Kappaccino. Get in your favorite GM 2-seater and drive over to Kappaccino, a gathering of driving enthusiasts where proud owners from the Triangle area and beyond meet to talk cars and have a cappuccino, or just a cup of regular joe.

A group of Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky owners has been meeting here in the Triangle area of North Carolina and we would like to invite Fiero owners to join in on the fun.

And it's all free, minus the drink of course. I hope to see you there.

Kappaccino flyer
Date: Last Saturday of the month
Time: 9:00AM
Place: Crossroads Starbucks at Crossroads Blvd & Caitboo Ave, Cary, NC

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster
1987 Fiero GT, Medium Red Mettalic, Lowered
2008 Solstice GXP, Aggressive
2008 G8 GT, Magnetic Grey Mettalic

1988 - 2006 - The 18 year dry spell between 2-seat Pontiac Excitement was finally over... RIP Pontiac.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds awesome! ... can't wait to get my car back. lol. I still have to drive out to Raleigh now and again to check up on my house-for-sale out there, so I can plan to make it to these!
FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great, glad to have you... are you still in the area?

Ok guys I know there must be more Fiero owners in the Triangle. I used to live near Lake Ontario and if 10 or 20 Fieros can still get together in the rusty north east, there has to be more here in NC.

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster

1988 - 2006 - The 18 year dry spell between 2-seat Pontiac Excitement was finally over... RIP Pontiac.

ChuckLS1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
May have to check it out, hope to have mine back on the road soon.

------------------
Chuck
88 Formula W/fastback
09 Dodge Caliber SXT

NCTyphoonKid

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may try to make it but I won't be in a Fiero .
Korey
FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FYI, here is the address for all of you GPS fiends... 204 Crossroads Blvd, Cary, NC 27518-6905

I hope we can get some Fieros together for a little coffee, talk and maybe a cruise.

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster

Fierfly

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierflySend a Private Message to FierflyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CowsPatoot and I plan to attend, but my Fiero is about to get a new engine. As far as showing up in a GM two-seater, well, you will see when we get there.

-Fierfly

------------------
A good man is hard to find...but a good Fiero mechanic is "rare".

FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had planned to bring my Fiero out this month, but when I had it out Saturday the smell of burning led me to discover a stuck caliper. I'm not sure I will get to it before Saturday so I'll probably be in the Solstice...

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster

NCTyphoonKid

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that sucks Vin hope you get your car fixed!
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I'm awake, I might be able to get out there. Its kinda early for me, especially on a saturday. I might be able to convince my sister to come, then we can both take our ugly 3800 swap cars..

Holy heck, 2.5 hours away. Nevermind that idea.. lol.

[This message has been edited by Jncomutt (edited 04-20-2010).]

FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NCTyphoonKid:

that sucks Vin hope you get your car fixed!

Well... Fiero... burning smell... it could have been much worse. ;-)

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster

PFF
System Bot
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2010 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw this, I'll try to be there!

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone, good to see some cars out today... here are a couple of pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com...ril?feat=directlink#

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster

Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was good meeting those who I hadn't before!!

For those of you who have not met LtlFrari.... it's a lie! I now know why he has a T-Rex as his avatar. He is a tall, intimidating figure. lol. Really nice guy though. It was great hanging out! Looking forward to it next month - hoping to have my car back by then!
ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it was nice to put faces to names.
I look forward to the next one. Have to see if can persuade the wife to drive the 88 and we'll bring both cars(assuming both are still on the road in a month. These are Fieros after all!).

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who's planning on being there this time around? I'm going to be out that way anyway to check on my house, but if enough Fiero people are going I'll leave early to make it there!
FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there... probably without Fiero again though.

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster

ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ooooo... I Think I'll pull the 88 off the jacks and bring that. Live with the oil leaks for now so looks like I'll be there!

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
88 didn't make it (tranny line weeping). But here's mot LONE 85 Fiero amongst the Solstice's and Sky's:

Trinten did make it, albeit sans Fiero.

Those Solstice's and Sky's are pretty cool. I'm 'almost' tempted to trade my Fieros... Shame they are too small for me

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I didn't make it today guys... had a chance to go to the beach and I took it. :-)

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster

Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was nice seeing you again Dave! Sorry if I dominated the conversations :/ I get on a roll and just -GO-. You and the others were a very considerate audience!

Tomorrow I'm heading to Charlotte to bug the guys working on my Fiero, try to get a new timetable!

See you guys next month!
PFF
System Bot
ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Snap some pics, and we don't mind you talkin', we're not listening anyway

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ouch! lol... I'll try not to talk so much then. lol

They're making progress. Got most of the body panels back on. They gave me another 30 day deadline. So we'll see. They haven't updated the webshots album recently, I asked them.

ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I jest !

I look forward to seeing the beast.
I won't be at the next meet, out of town.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:
POR-15 coating of the frame (the back half is done)

They gave me another 30 day deadline. So we'll see. They haven't updated the webshots album recently, I asked them.

Change of plans for the frame?
LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doggone it, I JUST saw this this morning. I will do everything in my power to be at the next one...
FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, my Fiero is finally fixed so I should be able to bring it to the next one.

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster

jagojay

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2010 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jagojaySend a Private Message to jagojayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanna drive a Suzuki Cappuccino now...
FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We're going to switch things up a little this month and meet at Bean and Barrel Coffee, Beer and Wine Bar and then for those interested we'll take a little cruise around Jordan Lake. Route map below.

[url]http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=50100+Governors+Dr,+Chapel+Hill,+NC+27517&daddr=35.618721,-79.062424+to:B+Everett+Jordan+Dam,+Cape+Fear,+NC+27559+to:Gum+Spring+Church+Rd+to:50100+Governors+Dr,+Chapel+Hill,+NC+27517&geocode=FeQVIwIddSx K-yk1IhMoBMKsiTHkNvUY4bHTzg%3B%3BFWEMIAIdgIZJ-ykH5t9fSrysiTGjGs58REhctQ%3BFUskIAIdzP5I-w%3BFeQVIwIddSxK-yk1IhMoBMKsiTHkNvUY4bHTzg&hl=en&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=14&via=1,3&sll=35.628349,-79.067316&sspn=0.04151,0.104284&ie=UTF8&ll=35.740939,-79.054184&spn=0 .3316 08,0.834274&z=11[/url]

I can't get this crazy long URL to hyperlink properly, but if you copy/paste it should work.

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster

[This message has been edited by FieroVin (edited 07-28-2010).]

Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm on the fence about showing up or not. I still don't have my Fiero back. Though it would figure the first time I'd be going that I'd be there the same time as you, Vin. LoL.

If I do show up, same time, 9am?

Who else is going to be there?
FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm on the fence about showing up or not. I still don't have my Fiero back. Though it would figure the first time I'd be going that I'd be there the same time as you, Vin. LoL.

If I do show up, same time, 9am?

Who else is going to be there?

9am it is.

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster

PFF
System Bot
LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Couldn't get out there this morning. Hope the gathering worked out well.

Going to be at Briar Creek Cars-N-Coffee next weekend, so hopefully will see you guys there. Hard to coordinate two weekend morning car events on back-to-back weekends for me.

Maybe end of August I'll do the Triangle Two-Seaters thing and skip the C-N-C. That could work...

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com

"There are two types of Fiero owners - those that have gotten ripped off by Toddster, and those who will get ripped off by Toddster."

Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is Bean and Barrel going to be the new permanent meeting place? If so it might cause us to lose the two guys who drive out from Jacksonville to not be able to make it (once they finish Drews 3800 swap. They had to fix the cradle and that held them up).

And are we still planning on getting together on Labor Day weekend?
FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2010 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, nothing permanent; it was just a place close to Jordan Lake from which to start the run. We'll be back to Crossroads... the next meet will still be the last Saturday of the month, August 28th. Labor Day is the following week so we should be good there. We didn't get any Fieros to the meet this month, but we had four Solstices and two Skys, the rain held off enough for a nice cruise around the lake. Here are a couple of photos from our stop at Jordan Dam. http://picasaweb.google.com...cino?feat=directlink

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster

ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys meeting tomorrow? I may come over for an hour if I get up early enough!

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes! and if all goes well I will be in a Fiero!

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there... is it back to Starbucks at Crossroads? What time in the morning?

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com

"There are two types of Fiero owners - those that have gotten ripped off by Toddster, and those who will get ripped off by Toddster."

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may consider coming out tomorrow. I haven't really been drivin fiero too much lately so maybe I'll take the opportunity to stretch its legs...
FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LZeitgeist:

I'll be there... is it back to Starbucks at Crossroads? What time in the morning?

Yes, 9am...

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome.

Look for something yellow...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay