Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  Red River Ruckus 2009-Oct 9-Oct11 Baytown Texas annual fall Fiero get together. (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Red River Ruckus 2009-Oct 9-Oct11 Baytown Texas annual fall Fiero get together. by maryjane
Started on: 07-28-2009 06:08 PM
Replies: 149 (4500 views)
Last post by: BMTFIERO on 10-18-2009 04:56 PM
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

OK so the pool for where Blake gets pulled over starts!!

I say it will happen on the route to the RRR---- $5

I'll take that bet.

and ain't it bad luck to bet against someone?... I mean I know you think it is sure money... but c'mon!
IP: Logged
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

blakeinspace

5923 posts
Member since Dec 2001
Looks like NTFC will be going 'twisty' on the way down. BRING YOUR FSR RADIOS! (and batteries )

Rain probability is VERY high. That coupled with the fact that I am on deferred until October 23 means we will be fairly conservative.

For the Sunday return... all Ruckus attendees heading West are welcome to join me to a trip to the 'Car Art Museum' of Houston. It is right off of I-10 where I-45 can take us North. I would hope Sunday traffic should be fairly light.

This place looks fantastic!
http://www.discoveramerica..../art-car-museum.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArtCar_Museum

AutoMark and I may also stop in Huntsville on Sunday and check out the Prison Museum. Any/All are welcome of course to join us for that also.

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok I retract my bet.

besides, in the rain....cops don't want to get out and give you a ticket. so I may say on the RRR route then... heh heh
and it all depends on if you got the sticker for your car !
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Rain probability is VERY high.

Rain is supposed to clear out by Saturday and we will have cool and dry Fall weather!!

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saturday, Oct 10
High: 75 °F RealFeel®: 76 °F
Clouds giving way to some sun

Saturday Night, Oct 10
Low: 56 °F RealFeel®: 53 °F
Partly cloudy

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 10-08-2009).]

F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dracor:

I would, but I can only make it Friday, and it is very likely to be raining then. I still might stop by on my way out of town.
Transportation isn't a problem, I have a 08 'vette and z28 as backups

Bring the Vette out. I took mine to the San Antonio show. With all of us dragging, towing and pushing ours from all over the state you guys and gals from the area should be able to make it.
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:
Anyone driving up there from South Texas?

Originally posted by sanderson:
I'll be driving from Corpus to New Braunfels Friday afternoon to pick up a Fiero and then on to Baytown.

I am gonna drive my Fiero.
F355spider, if I were you, I would Hwy 77 it up to Victoria, then 59 it to Houston. I can meet you in San Antonio or, if you want to trim corners, Seguin.
Sanderson, Are you going 46 to Seguin, or, up to San Marcos then Hwy 71 to 290 ?
How many of the San Antonio bunch are going ?
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
How many of the San Antonio bunch are going ?

I will be going, however i had to change my plans from friday to saturday morning

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM at you maryjane.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got it.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69648 posts
Member since Apr 2001
I'll be at La Quinta before dark tonite.
PFF
System Bot
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's raining It's raining (here)

Looks like some of ya'll will get a free car wash today on the road! *snicker*
I plan on pushing it out of my way, on the way down there for this event.

so good luck to the wet riders! Hope the rain X is working!

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

so good luck to the wet riders! Hope the rain X is working!

You know stock Fieros have these motorized thingies that wipe the water off the windshield for you...you should look into adding them to your car.
FieroReinke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroReinkeSend a Private Message to FieroReinkeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well bad news guys. I took my car to get my inspection that is 9 months overdue and they failed the car with out even testing it. You wont believe me when I tell you why. They failed it for the heat wrap I have on part of my exhaust that runs very close to the oil pan. They gave me a bullsh*t line about how it is a patch and patches arent allowed. I believe they just didnt want to do the inspection because it was 20 minutes before they closed. This was the first, and the last, time I have used this inspection station, so Saturday morning I will be going back to my normal place. They dont open till 8 am so I may be a little late getting to the show n shine.

BTW, dont ever go to the Jiffy Lube in Pearland for anything.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wi- per- s <<<??? I have heard of them. not sure what they are used for though.....

And I think it is "Don't ever go to a jiffy lube anywhere!

Just cut your little patch off and get it inspected!

huh You have ALL DAY TODAY to get it done.....
FieroReinke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroReinkeSend a Private Message to FieroReinkeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
huh....how am I supposed to take the car in when I am 45 miles away from the car. By the time I get home to cut the "patch" off the place will be closed. You want to come down here and take the car in for me? It would be a big help. I will even give ya a dolla for doing it......well....what do you say.

rwhughes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rwhughesSend a Private Message to rwhughesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, it is fixing to pour down rain here right now and they won't inspect cars in the rain, something about unsafe brake testing. Guess he will have to wait until tomorrow morning. It should be clear by then
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fine. but there will be a bunch of owners coming this evening they might do it for ya.

ok ok rained out for today. off the hook Chris
FieroReinke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroReinkeSend a Private Message to FieroReinkeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats another thing that pissed me off. Ever since I have been in TX I have never had a shop take any of my cars for a "road test" The guy at this shop jumped in the car and disappeared down the road with out saying anything to me about what he was doing. All the other shops I have been to used the parking lot or the rollers for the brake test.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am looking for a caravan.
I can go IH 10 through San Antonio, to Houston. I can go TX Hwy 46 through New Branfels, then either to Seguin or north on IH 35 to San Marcos, then TX 71 it to TX 290.
I'll be leaving in about an hour.

Originally posted by FieroReinke:
I took my car to get my inspection that is 9 months overdue and they failed the car with out even testing it.

That sucks, . If they took it down the road though, that would be a test. No ?

Originally posted by FieroReinke:
Thats another thing that pissed me off. Ever since I have been in TX I have never had a shop take any of my cars for a "road test".

They always take mine for a test drive. I think that they just want to drive it. I got inspected two days ago and, when he saw it was a Fiero, he wanted no part of driving it. He used to have one too, . He was an overweight guy and I don't think he wanted to fight his way getting out of it. He just had me pull it in, had me exhibit all the required safety accessories and viewed the engine compartment. Oh yeah, the gas cap test.
Interesting is, never has anyone ever crawled under mine, . My exhaust has an occasional BAP BAP BAP but, they never look for any deficiency as it sound good most of the time.
Anyways, looking for a caravan. 210 471 1192, my cell #.
See y'all later.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blake, Poe, Tim and a few other guys came by where I live this afternoon. They stopped off and took a look at my 88 4.9 Coupe in progress. I gave them all their T Shirts so they could were them tomorrow. They have all promised to pay Maryjane tomorrow. It was great to see 6 Fiero's all togeather at one place.

See you guys tomorrow.
Joe & Cathy Crawford

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 10-09-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

He just had me pull it in, had me exhibit all the required safety accessories and viewed the engine compartment. Oh yeah, the gas cap test.
Interesting is, never has anyone ever crawled under mine, . My exhaust has an occasional BAP BAP BAP but, they never look for any deficiency as it sound good most of the time.

See y'all later.

You must not be in an emissions county? It's a much bigger pain in the neck because they not only drive it on the street but they have to drive it on the dyno.... Last year a guy took several years of life off my clutch by starting in 5th gear. I nearly freaked. I can't wait until the 88 is 24 years old.

My chop top can't be there because I messed around and let the sticker expire and I can't get it done in time.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 10-09-2009).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

You must not be in an emissions county? It's a much bigger pain in the neck because they not only drive it on the street but they have to drive it on the dyno.... Last year a guy took several years of life off my clutch by starting in 5th gear. I nearly freaked. I can't wait until the 88 is 24 years old.

My chop top can't be there because I messed around and let the sticker expire and I can't get it done in time.

WIll your 4.9 be there ? I was looking forward to looking at a 4.9 installed in a Fiero. A running one.

Last time I had my 86 coupe inspected, the guy came back with a big $hit eating grin on his face. I said Ya like that? He replied "Oh Hell Yes". Everybody gets a one block spin. He was gone 5 min's in my car. I told him he needed to pitch in for gas.
Joe

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 10-09-2009).]

BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, what a difference 70 miles make no emissions test down here This is my last dick effort to get my white car running before tomorrow
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Picture Thread started in General!!!

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE
I here at the Ruckus motel, visiting with maryjane.
We are going to meet here at the La Quinta in the morning. Most likely gonna have the show and shine in the La Quina's parking lot.
josef644, PM at you, in a second or two.
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there in the morning, but what time do I show up? I know it's late so I don't expect anyone to be up. Maybe I'll get lucky...
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Picture Thread started in General!!!

Thanks for taking care of this dude! I hate it when pic threads wind up in 'Events' where no one sees them...
Just for that, I am changing my minus to a plus. But then again, you did give me sierra mist and water instead of Mountain Dew at the Tiger Prowl. Guess. you are just nuetered. err... nuetral.

Here's the pic thread link.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/077892.html
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PMs have been sent to the following people who were not there to get their Teeshirts:
Cheever3000
CenTexIndy
IWannaIRM
BlackThunderGT
fierocarparts
Please respond via PM if you have not alrteady.

BmtFiero---I owe you $1.
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

. . . BmtFiero---I owe you $1.

I have stated this in private and now I am doing it publicly “Do not worry about it”. I just wished I could have spent more time with you guys but my youngest son started feeling ill on the way to the restaurant. But Don if it makes you feel better you can have an 8oz. Coke on me!!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock