Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  Red River Ruckus 2009-Oct 9-Oct11 Baytown Texas annual fall Fiero get together. (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Red River Ruckus 2009-Oct 9-Oct11 Baytown Texas annual fall Fiero get together. by maryjane
Started on: 07-28-2009 06:08 PM
Replies: 149 (4500 views)
Last post by: BMTFIERO on 10-18-2009 04:56 PM
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
F355spider
got cha
IP: Logged
Fierosmith

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm all set, got my reservation...

Jim
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am set on the hotel!
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have our room also
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Room confirmed
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Blake....

don't forget to get the stickers for the windshield!! Yeah I saw they are out again
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good looking shirts!
BTW, is the schedule/route finalized? I looked through and was wondering if SNS was before or after cruise. Also times for each.
Thanks,
Steve
Not volunteering (yet), but I was looking at the Texas State Fair Info. Noticed a bunch of car clubs having shows there during State Fair (about same time as RRR). Blake is "in" with the F-bodies club (who is showing at the fair) so I'm sure he would have contacts to find out more info to give to anyone willing to take on such a plan, IF it was planned to have RRR there. I know a lot of people enjoy going to the SFoT. Just throwing a thought out.

http://www.bigtex.com/autoshow/classiccorral/

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 09-30-2009).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cut off for shirt orders is tonight. I'll be going to put down the work order deposit tomorrow afternoon.
Joe
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in... Jen is out for this trip... so you can take her off the attendee list. Will be maiking reservations later today.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shirt order has been turned in.
Joe
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone driving up there from South Texas?
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SNS will be Sat morning--9am till approx 11:30/noon. I plan to stay in Baytown Fri night at the motel, and
I'll be at the mall parking lot around 8:30 Sat morning. The reason for the short SnS is that mileage wise, it will be a fairly short cruise, with mostly stop & go traffic, but there will be a lot to do & see along the way. To fit everthing in, the SnS will be shortened this year. everyone needs to be fueled up before we leave Baytown. The road to Galveston , (Texas Hwy 146) has a major powerline easement and RR track running along the right hand side, which means no businesses on that side, and anyone wanting to get gas on hwy 146 would have to cut accross traffic to exit to the left--then navigate traffic again to continue. Not a good idea for a group of vehicles.
1. Mall won't allow us any car games etc, no canopy tents or other major set ups.
2. The side trip to the San Jacinto Battleground. We will leave the SnS, catch I-10 for about 8 miles, and take the Highlands/Lynchburg exit, turning onto FM2100 toward Lynchburg. Cross the Lynchburg ferry, and be at the battlegrounds within about 30 minutes. The ferry capacity is 15 cars, but the trip across the ship channel is only about 10 minutes--once we get loaded. There will be 2 ferrys running. Straight drive time from Baytown to Galveston is only about 1 hr 15 minutes, but if people want to go inside the monument--or, on Battleship Texas, (and I recommend it if you have never been there), we have to allow time for it. We wil enter the Monument Park first, which will be a left turn. There is admission fee--$1/person to get into the park. The base of the monument is a large museum, with a lot to see, and there is an elevator that takes small groups up to the observation deck at the top, just below the star. Take your cameras. I've allowed 1 hr for the monument. We will then leave the monument park and go across the street to Battleship park, and again, there is a gate and $1 admission fee, but it the same little $1sticker that got you into Monument park will let you in to Battleship park. We will proceed down to the large parking lot at the bow of the ship, park, take pictures and there are quite a few things to wander around and see on the grounds of the park. Admission to get on board USS Texas is $10ea. I've been on it dozens of times as a kid, when it was just $2 or less, but times have changed and the upkeep on the ship is expensive. 1 hr for this park as well--unless the group wants to spend more time.

We will then leave, run up battleground road and catch an interchnage to the east for a few miles, then exit on to 146 for the drive to Galveston. There are a lot of traffic lights, but no turns and I drove it again yesterday during the 5pm plant shift change, and it was not bad at all. We will exit 146 at the Hitchcock/Galveston exit onto I-45 for the trip into Galveston. Go straight in on Broadway to 25th st, turn left. It is also known and marked as Rosenburg Ave. We'll go down, turn right onto Strand, park, and let everyone walk The Strand for a bit before going back up 25th to Seawall Blvd. We'll cruise Sewall for a while, and then go eat. After the meal, we can walk across Seawall down onto the beach. I drove down Seawall blvd to East Beach, which is the free drive on beach. The road from Seawall to the beach is in awful condition still, and there was an wretched smelling green fungus looking stuff on the sand--no--it was not seaweed. Hard pack sand tho, if we decide to go down there.

I'll have maps and better directions for everyone at the SnS.

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don , not sure you can turn left from Broadway to 25th. When I still worked there, it was a sure ticket .
Joe
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did it 2 days ago. Didn't see a sign saying no left turn, but if there is, we'll turn right and make our run down Seawall Blvd 1st.

Besides--we'll have Blake--he's good at dealing with the PoPo.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-02-2009).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
26th and 23rd streets were allowed. 25th and 24th streets were no left turns. I've been gone 13 years though
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2009 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been lookin in wrong area for this... oops... Anyways I hadnt seen my name on list of attenders (but its on, or should be on t-shirt list). If i was suppose to add myself (to attenders), ok... If not, I AM still in / AM still going. Me and GG are ready! I have my room reserved / confirmed and the Fiero luggage (hehe ) is ready to be packed!!!

------------------
AutoMark... the "Mark" of excellence

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2009 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
D/FW caravan thread here:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/077802.html

We'll be leaving Friday morning... weigh in over there if you think yould like to join!
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2009 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is going to be Good!!!
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2009 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never been to a Ruckus I didnt enjoy.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is it!!!
Last week till fun day!!

Who is having the "after party" will it be ritas? a little of crown? beer?

Don, I hope you have a taco cabana near the hotel

if not you better bring something to calm my nerves after the cruise!! you know how we get! lol
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will still bring the car but as of today I will have to uhaul it there, the old 5 speed is about raged out. It started spitting oil today when I got it home. I think the case is cracked but was to hot to get a good look. To much fun with a Mustang on the way back home from Corpus today.
PFF
System Bot
BMTFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

I will still bring the car but as of today I will have to uhaul it there. . .

Well, I might have to bring a couple of pictures of mine because I have one that is beening prep for its engine swap, I have one that has a bad water pump and oil leak (top) and one that was working fine yesterday but when I tried to started this morning . . . Nothing!!!!

sanderson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll be driving from Corpus to New Braunfels Friday afternoon to pick up a Fiero and then on to Baytown.

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sanderson:
I'll be driving from Corpus to New Braunfels Friday afternoon to pick up a Fiero and then on to Baytown.

Scott, leaving on friday? or real early Sat?
can't do fri but if it is sat then I can meet up with ya
sanderson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Scott, leaving on friday? or real early Sat?
can't do fri but if it is sat then I can meet up with ya

Gonna do it all on Friday

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Where in south Texas ?
I will be able to make it. Not sure if I will drive my Fiero or tow dolly it. I might have some work I can do in Houston but will need my truck to haul tools. I may go up early, or stay into the next week, or, may drive. I will know by Thursday.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Where in south Texas ?
I will be able to make it. Not sure if I will drive my Fiero or tow dolly it. I might have some work I can do in Houston but will need my truck to haul tools. I may go up early, or stay into the next week, or, may drive. I will know by Thursday.

I will be leaving from Orange Grove Friday. I will have to go in the morning to get a uhaul trailer as of yesterday. then be on my way if there is a place to met up along the way I could do that.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Ruckus attendees!

I t/w Lacey at the La Quinta tonight. She said they are down to 8 rooms available for the weekend.

If you have not made reservations yet for the event hotel, I highly suggest you stop procastinating!

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 10-06-2009).]

AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best Western??? Or, Um, ya mean La Quinta?
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoMark:

Best Western??? Or, Um, ya mean La Quinta?

Yes... you.... uh.... uhm... passed my test!

editted my post!
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woohoo! I smart! My counseler were wrong!
PFF
System Bot
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah but look at who you are smarter than.....just saying

j/k

OK so the pool for where Blake gets pulled over starts!!

I say it will happen on the route to the RRR---- $5
Dracor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I won't be able to make it after all. I got my shift linkage working, but while testing it out, a caliper froze. I have a brake upgrade on the way but it won't make it in time.

There is always next year.
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dang it! thats true! guess ill cancell my app to Harverd!
Hahahaha

Yeah but look at who you are smarter than.....just saying

j/k

OK so the pool for where Blake gets pulled over starts!!

I say it will happen on the route to the RRR---- $5

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dracor:

Well I won't be able to make it after all. I got my shift linkage working, but while testing it out, a caliper froze. I have a brake upgrade on the way but it won't make it in time.

There is always next year.

take a cab
ride the bus
have a friend take you
get one of the Houston guys to pick you up

Come on just ride your bicycle to the event!!!
sanderson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will be leaving from Orange Grove Friday. I will have to go in the morning to get a uhaul trailer as of yesterday. then be on my way if there is a place to met up along the way I could do that.

We'll be leaving Corpus around noon

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

If you have not made reservations yet for the event hotel, I highly suggest you stop procastinating!

It's too late for me to stop Procrastinating....

It's doubtful I will be coming in a Fiero... If I do it will be my Indy, but that's a rough ride, not really worth it. Either way I will just be able to support the show -n-shine and maybe the cruise.
BMTFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
. . . It's doubtful I will be coming in a Fiero . . . Either way I will just be able to support the show -n-shine and maybe the cruise.

Same here even though I am making a mad dash to get one up and running the chances do not look good for me showing up in a fiero this time.

[This message has been edited by BMTFIERO (edited 10-08-2009).]

Dracor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

take a cab
ride the bus
have a friend take you
get one of the Houston guys to pick you up

Come on just ride your bicycle to the event!!!

I would, but I can only make it Friday, and it is very likely to be raining then. I still might stop by on my way out of town.
Transportation isn't a problem, I have a 08 'vette and z28 as backups
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOO HOO I will get to beat another vette or Z28 !! j/k
Oh well you can go on the route any ol time since you are down there. Just won't be the same with 15-20 fieros going with ya! I saw rain in Austin till 10 pm THEN moving that way.
I plan on coming early Sat morn. and hopefully the rain/ front will be ahead of me and clear out by the time the show gets started! Hopefully...

RAIN???????? on Sat????? Don, say it isn't so.....

my car hates rain. Then you add the crazy drivers in Houston....= is it too late to back out?

is there a rain date? ha ha

Still have not heard if there will be ritas yet!!! don't make me drink beer.

Is there a final count of cars/people?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock