Started on: 06-16-2009 12:44 PM
Replies: 11 (458 views)
Last post by: cadero2dmax on 07-31-2009 01:05 PM
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2009 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's time for all you midwesterners and west coast people to get geared up for the Gunnison Car Show in Colorado. This event has turned into a rather large venue for Fieros in recent years. We had some excellent media exposure last year from the Speed Channel and fully expect more of the same this time around.

Here is the official website and registration form for those of you coming in from out of state.

http://gunnisoncarclub.com/show.htm

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 07-21-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2009 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are just some examples of driving distances from major cities in the western states so you can see if Gunnison is an event you might be able to attend.

Denver to Gunnison 200 miles
Salt Lake City UT to Gunnison 400 miles
Phoenix AZ to Gunnison 620 miles
Cheyenne WY to Gunnison 300 miles
Albuquerque NM to Gunnison 350 miles
Oklahoma City to Gunnison 730 miles
Lincoln NE to Gunnison 680 miles
Amarillo TX to Gunnison 480 miles
Las Vegas NV to Gunnison 630 miles
Wichita KS to Gunnison 675 miles

Check out the Two Guys garage video clip from last year
http://s164.photobucket.com...FCatGunnison2008.flv

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since the majority of active members in the Fiero community are from or near the following cities I thought I would add the miles here for everyone

San Antonio, TX to Gunnison 1012 miles

Ft Worth, TX to Gunnison 819 miles

Houston, TX to Gunnison 1086 miles

Corpus Christi to Gunnison 1156 miles

El Paso to Gunnison 618 miles
CaliforniaSpeeder9

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CaliforniaSpeeder9Click Here to visit CaliforniaSpeeder9's HomePageSend a Private Message to CaliforniaSpeeder9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I can get the time off Id love to go
Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CaliforniaSpeeder9:

If I can get the time off Id love to go

It would be great if you could make it, the event is always fun and the drive up and back is nice too. We caravan up and back I think we have 14 confirmed Fiero’s attending but more would be better, let us know as soon as possible if you can go as George will be returning the un-claimed rooms August 1st, I believe we have 6 rooms left out of 18.

Anyone interested in going can see the hotel information and instructions to reserve a room.
http://milehighfieros.8.for.../viewtopic.php?t=771

MHFC Gunnison thread
http://milehighfieros.8.for.../viewtopic.php?t=767

Gunnison car club links for the event
http://gunnisoncarclub.com/show.htm
http://gunnisoncarclub.com/...%20Show%20insert.pdf
http://gunnisoncarclub.com/register09.pdf
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
People from neighboring states are beginning to come aboard. I'd still like to see more cars from NM, AZ, TX and NE.
cadero2dmax

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2009 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cadero2dmaxSend a Private Message to cadero2dmaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rooms at the FIERO INN (aka Gunnison Inn the rest of the year) are going fast. The Mile High Fieros have blocked the majority of the rooms here for the weekend of 08/21 - 08/23 at a special rate. If there is anybody interested in getting a room that hasn't already done so, please let me know at cadero2dmax@hotmail.com ASAP.

G
waggintails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for waggintailsClick Here to visit waggintails's HomePageSend a Private Message to waggintailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This will be our third year in a row attending the Gunnison Car Show. All the way from New Jersey. Definitely worth the trip. It is such a wonderful show, all three days. it is well planned out, lots to see and do. The caravan drive has awesome scenery. Unfortunately, I haven’t convinced my husband yet to drive the fiero cross country, maybe next year. So we will just attend the show and enjoy the wonderful people of the Mile High Fiero Club.

See you all soon.
fiero815

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero815Click Here to visit fiero815's HomePageSend a Private Message to fiero815Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Gunnison show is an excellent event...3 days of cars, bars and good chow. The cars take over the town on Friday evening filling the main drag for everyone to get acquainted and check out the other rides. On Saturday morning at the show field, you can get breakfast in the picnic area and burgers, dogs and sausage from the boy scouts at noon. The cars range from MGs and TVRs to Pickups and Chopped and dropped street rods. The Fieros and Mile High always receive special mention for their strong presence and they pick up a trophy or two (Tammy always wins). After the show there's dinner and drinks at the many good restaurants in town and live entertainment in the street. On Sunday there's a drive to Crested Butte for breakfast. The cars take over the town and fill the street for the locals to view. If you can swing a weekend away, I'd highly recommend it.

As for me, Waggintails and I will stop in at the show as we'll be vacationing nearby but without the Fiero. Unlike RPRO, I have neither the confidence in my 88 GT nor the derriere to make a round trip from NJ to Gunnison. RPRO's done it twice showing at Carlisle.

[This message has been edited by fiero815 (edited 07-20-2009).]

cadero2dmax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cadero2dmaxSend a Private Message to cadero2dmaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are many folks on this forum that know me personally from my days being involved with CFOGi, through a couple Fiero mailing lists I founded, from Ed's Swap Meets, or from hauling Fieros for folks for well over a decade. And anybody who knows me also knows that I am not a show type of guy!! I like to drive my Fieros, I like to compete both in autocrosses and on road courses (even take an occasional blast down the 1/4 once in a while). But I don't particularly care to shine my car up so I can sit around and let people ogle it.

I did the show thing for the 20th, but didn't even wash the car after the Waterford Track Day - I simply wiped it down a little. AND I attend Gunnison annually. Why?? Because except for the few hours in the park on Saturday for the show, Gunnison is about just havin' fun with our Fieros. There are Poker Runs, and as Fiero815 said, there are street dances, good food (and brew, for those so inclined ), and the infamous caravan to breakfast at Crested Butte. And the camadarie and frienships with folks we may not have ever met had we not attended Gunnison.

My car is not now, nor ever has been show worthy. But I am at Gunnison annually - raised trunk and all. For those few hours of the show itself, I simply wander around looking at some of the beautiful cars and trucks that are there, chat with the other gearheads that are there, and take photos of cars that particularly grab my attention. Plus this year I actually plan to show off my custom/drag Dodge Cummins (for the first time) and drive it in all the activities while Jan drives the Fiero - or vice versa.

So anyway, if the thought of a "show" is a bit of a downer to anybody - - let me reassure you that Gunnison is only about "show" for a few hours out of an entire weekend. The rest of the time Gunnison is simply all about havin' fun!

Come join us . . .

G
cadero2dmax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cadero2dmaxSend a Private Message to cadero2dmaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cadero2dmax

1266 posts
Member since Oct 2001
P.S.

For those that ARE show oriented, the Saturday show is also a little different from most major shows. Even though there are customs and exotics valued in the triple digits in attendance, your Fiero won't be pitted up against those (unless you want to ).The Fieros have their own classes, and you will be judged only against them.

Oh, and the judges? They are the other entrants. With each entry a card is handed out with all the classes listed So instead of having two or three folks judging each car, there will be a couple hundred. Each entrant is asked to pick their choices for each class. And then there are additional trophies given out (Best of Show, Hard Luck Award, Longest Distance Award, etc.).

So even for the show part of the weekend, the atmosphere is less competitive and more about "jus' havin' fun"!

For entry or further info, go to: http://www.gunnisoncarclub.com/

And don't forget, the Mile High Fieros has blocked an entire motel for this event at a special rate, contact me at george.ryan@sbcglobal.net for room info or to reserve a room.

G
PFF
System Bot
cadero2dmax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2009 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cadero2dmaxSend a Private Message to cadero2dmaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Gunnison weekend is just around the corne - here it is the last day of July already. I have made a committment to the Gunison Inn (to be called the Fiero Inn the weekend of August 21st - 23rd) that MHFC would unblock any of the blocked special rate rooms that were not spoken for no later than August 1st - - and that's tomorrow!!

So this notice is sorta a last chance to contact me so I can hold a room for anybody needing a room and not on the list already (see http://milehighfieros.8.for.../viewtopic.php?t=771 to verify the latest).

Please either send a PM or drop me a note at george.ryan@sbcglobal.net before noon tomorrow if you still need a room.

Thx

G

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock