Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  2009 Fiero Westfest - Santa Cruz Mountains - "Big Trees" - July 17-18-19 (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
2009 Fiero Westfest - Santa Cruz Mountains - "Big Trees" - July 17-18-19 by fierobear
Started on: 03-16-2009 08:17 PM
Replies: 83 (4052 views)
Last post by: pokeyfiero on 07-21-2009 03:01 AM
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2009 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JenzGT2:

Booked a room, but they said the block of 25 rooms was already sold out. Had to pay extra.

Jen, what they told you is wrong. The room block wasn't even close to being sold out. I'll pass this on to Mary, and see if we can help straighten this out.

IP: Logged
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Which day is the show itself? Saturday?
MrsBear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2009 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrsBearSend a Private Message to MrsBearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The show is on Saturday morning. The Banquet and awards ceremony is Saturday night.

Our reserved room rate has been extended to June 30th. That is the last day to get our reduced rates. After that the rates will be going up. If anyone else was rejected out of our reserved block let me know so I can follow up with the hotel and get it corrected.

We will be posting more info and registration forms soon.

Mary
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2009 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Mary & John,

I'm back from WA state just graduated (wo!) so i hope to make it to the show for the day on saturday. I'm convincing the wife right now lol.
I'm waiting for my reg. papers so i can get my fiero on the road in the next 2 weeks can't wait for this show!

-Mark & Ti

------------------

JenzGT2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2009 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally, got the reduced rate. Sometimes thier computer was down or they were busy and had me call back. Hopefully, there will be no more hiccups with our reservation.

Still trying to get the car together..... less than 4 weeks left....
MrsBear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrsBearSend a Private Message to MrsBearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whooo hoooo! Glad to hear you are trying to join us Marcus. Also very pleased to know that the hotel has the rates corrected for everyone calling in.

We are sending out the Westfest info and registration package in the mail in the next couple of days. If there is anyone out there that is wanting to come and doesn't think I have their address please send it to me so I can mail you the info package. If you have moved and have not updated me with your new address please send me your new address.

We are still needing an Emcee for the evening and judges for the show. I would like to get someone from each car club if possible.

Deadline to get your reservations in at the reduced rate is June 30th! Call them now!

Mary
atleastitruns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for atleastitrunsSend a Private Message to atleastitrunsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Marcus!!!!!!!!

Long time no talkie. How've you been?
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm doing great, i'm finally back from WA. My registration is due next month, i'm waiting for the papers to come in so i can register it and make it out to this show.
How are you doing?

Originally posted by atleastitruns:

Marcus!!!!!!!!

Long time no talkie. How've you been?

MrsBear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrsBearSend a Private Message to MrsBearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Marcus,

Been missing you. Hope to see you and your fantastic wife at the show.

More information for everyone:

Mailed out the Info and registration forms today. If I've got your mailing address you should receive it in the next couple of days. Please let me know if you have moved this last year so I can update and send you the forms.

I also have more information. The children's (age 12 and younger) price for the banquet will be $13.00 (includes the tip and tax) each. Children can either eat from the banquet spread or order off the children's menu. Children's menu includes Chicken Nuggets, Fried Sole, Spaghetti, or Buttered Bow Tie Pasta. There might be more items available. I was taking quick notes and might have missed a few items.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Mary
CaliforniaSpeeder9

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CaliforniaSpeeder9Click Here to visit CaliforniaSpeeder9's HomePageSend a Private Message to CaliforniaSpeeder9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey we've been there before

Check the sign

Im gonna try and make it up there with you guys. The challenge other than getting the time off will be finding a fun car to drive up
------------------

[This message has been edited by CaliforniaSpeeder9 (edited 06-25-2009).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CaliforniaSpeeder9:

Hey we've been there before

Check the sign

Im gonna try and make it up there with you guys. The challenge other than getting the time off will be finding a fun car to drive up

Hey, I came across your name in our database when we printed the mailing labels. If you want an info package, email me your address.
PFF
System Bot
CaliforniaSpeeder9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CaliforniaSpeeder9Click Here to visit CaliforniaSpeeder9's HomePageSend a Private Message to CaliforniaSpeeder9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey John I just talked to Mary a little while ago. I gave her the address
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CaliforniaSpeeder9:

Hey John I just talked to Mary a little while ago. I gave her the address

Got it. An info package is in the mail.

MrsBear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2009 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrsBearSend a Private Message to MrsBearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if there is anyone else needing info for the car show please send me an email to msbear@pacbell.net or PM me.

TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY TO GET YOUR ROOM AT THE HOTEL AT THE REDUCED GROUP RATE!!! If you don't reserve now they release our hold and rooms will be rented out to the public. Chances of getting a room will be reduced and prices will increase after the 30th.

Mary

[This message has been edited by MrsBear (edited 06-29-2009).]

MrsBear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrsBearSend a Private Message to MrsBearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Fiero Fans,

I have returned mail from the following that was sent out for Westfest. If you know anything about them and can provide a forwarding address please let me know.

Tom Holinski
David L Schoppe
Gordon Eiland
Michael Alsup
Richard & Christine Wood
Rick Peters & Diane Weilacher
John and Diana Crabtree
Eileen Murphy
Clive Crook
Dan Gill
Brian Jones
Jose Barrera
Waldemar Hildago

Thanks,

Mary
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All 20 of our room block were reserved before the deadline yesterday, and I think we got a few folks added on who ended up not in the discount block. Looks like we will have a good crowd for the show.
MrsBear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrsBearSend a Private Message to MrsBearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Fiero Fans,

I have returned mail from the following that was sent out for Westfest. If you know anything about them and can provide a forwarding address please let me know.

Tom Holinski
David L Schoppe
Gordon Eiland (RECEIVED NEW ADDRESS)
Michael Alsup
Richard & Christine Wood
John and Diana Crabtree
Eileen Murphy (SOLD FIERO)
Clive Crook
Dan Gill (GOT A PHONE)
Brian Jones
Jose Barrera
Waldemar Hildago

MORE NAMES:

Joseph Brown
Timothy Kret
Derek Ward

Thanks,

Mary Szpara
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are close to being done. All we need is another 2 or 3 months. BUT I think we can get the car there in a "patch work" fashion?
Jen got to drive it up and down the street today.

------------------

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2009 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait to hear that LS running, rick.

Originally posted by unboundmo:

I hope next year the show will be in somewhere like Big Bear. plus the cruise up the mountain would be superfun... I showed my wife the pictures and I know she won't have any fun... she didn't have a good expression on her face... Seems REALLY in the boonies and nothing else around. I'd hate to get stuck in the dive bar.... Although I see a disco ball.. I know, I know.. We are there for the show.... I calculate about 8 hours drive from SoCal..... I like the hunted facts though... I want room 46 if I go and have coffee on the balcony with the other spirits too.

I just finished my engine too.... damn. I'll still think about it. 5oo break-in miles aren't supposed to be on the freeway though.

It really isn't as "in the sticks" as it looks. It is very close to Highway 17, (which has to be my favorite road to break speed limits on in a Fiero) and you are in Santa Cruz in 5 minutes one way, Los Gatos 10 minutes the other way. Highway 9 and Skyline Boulevard are very popular with sport bikers, and it isn't surprising to see exotic cars getting worked out on the twisty mountain roads. The speed limit is 55, and highly enforced, but that is fast enough on this road!

There are plenty of party locations, and as a resident of Monterey Bay and a long time "local", I would be happy to concierge for any out of town guests. Hit me a PM for info.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2009 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

We are close to being done. All we need is another 2 or 3 months. BUT I think we can get the car there in a "patch work" fashion?
Jen got to drive it up and down the street today.

Please enter it into the "work in progress" catagory!
Chavo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2009 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChavoSend a Private Message to ChavoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds really cool, but I going be on Vegas that date!! Video Games Tournament starts July 17
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2009 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Work in progress category!!! Yea now I won't feel weird when I show up in my work in progress. I hope I have it painted by then
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2009 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are the entry categories. Remember, we need cars entered into the show to have a car show! Seriously, the entries help pay for the show's expenses, so please, enter your cars!

Stock catagories:
Stock Notchback 1st - 2nd
Stock Fastback 1st - 2nd - 3rd
Daily Driver - Notchback 1st
Daily Driver - Fastback 1st - 2nd
Work in Progress (any category) 1st - 2nd

Custom:
Coupe/Notchback 1st - 2nd
GT/Fastback 1st - 2nd

Modified:
All Cars 1st - 2nd

Special Interest/Rebody:
All Cars 1st

Display Only
All Cars None (no entry fee)

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 07-07-2009).]

MrsBear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2009 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrsBearSend a Private Message to MrsBearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still missing a few Fiero owners:

Tom Holinski
David L Schoppe
Michael Alsup
Richard & Christine Wood
John and Diana Crabtree
Clive Crook
Dan Gill (GOT A PHONE)
Brian Jones
Jose Barrera
Waldemar Hildago

MORE NAMES:

Joseph Brown
Timothy Kret
Derek Ward

Here is a few more:

James O'Conner
Nikki Kaminga
David Noland
John Patty
Leo Ram
Bob Rutz

If you have any info please forward it to me.

Thanks,

Mary Szpara
MrsBear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrsBearSend a Private Message to MrsBearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Fiero Fans,

Just 9 more days to go!

I just got word that someone who reserved a room at Brookdale for Westfest had a change of plans and will now not be able to attend our fun festivities.

She is offering her reservation up to see if there is anyone who still wants to get a room at the discounted prices before she cancels. She would gladly transfer the reservation over into another name if they respond fast enough.

Please let me know if you are interested ASAP.

Thanks,

Mary
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can I register for the show in the morning or do I need to do it in advance?

How many cars registered so far?
MrsBear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrsBearSend a Private Message to MrsBearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stephen,

You can register for the show on that day. It is best to register and sign up for the banquet early as you save money. Those that send in their registration before the 10th save $8.00 on their banquet tickets. Prepaying by July 10th for the banquet is $29.00, after it is $37.00.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Mary
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2009 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
T-shirt preview

The shirts will be Forest Green, with white, black and red print.

Front

Back

CaliforniaSpeeder9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CaliforniaSpeeder9Click Here to visit CaliforniaSpeeder9's HomePageSend a Private Message to CaliforniaSpeeder9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Due to some unexpected expenses I wont be able to attend this years Westfest. Sorry guys. I literally have 100 bucks to live off of for the next week. Good thing I get a big raise next month heh
MrsBear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrsBearSend a Private Message to MrsBearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry you won't be there.

MrsBear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrsBearSend a Private Message to MrsBearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MrsBear

316 posts
Member since Feb 2004
There is only 5 more days!

If you haven't mailed in your registration forms then keep them til the show and email me the info and pay at the show.

I would like to get an accurate head count so please send me an email if you will be attending the banquet.

Thanks,

Mary
PFF
System Bot
MrsBear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrsBearSend a Private Message to MrsBearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Fiero Fans,

Please help me get in touch with our lost Fiero owners!!

Tom Holinski
David L Schoppe
Michael Alsup
Richard & Christine Wood
John and Diana Crabtree
Clive Crook
Dan Gill (GOT A PHONE)
Brian Jones
Jose Barrera
Waldemar Hildago

MORE NAMES:

Joseph Brown
Timothy Kret
Derek Ward

Here is a few more:

James O'Conner
Nikki Kaminga
David Noland
John Patty
Leo Ram
Bob Rutz

New Additions:

Harry Brattin and Polly Gillette
John Swapceinski
Dave and Kim J.
Edward Zuniga
Tony, Stephanie and Noah Washington
Duwayne Robinson

If you have any info please forward it to me.

Thanks,

Mary Szpara
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2009 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, leaving LA in a bit.. considering stopping in Santa Barbara for a concert tonight. I'll make it tomorrow but I don't know what time. If I miss the judging I'll still stay and hang out! See you all there.

------------------

1988 Pontiac Fiero 3.4 DOHC V6 5-speed
California Smog Legal!

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Event Pictures

Friday afternoon and evening

This is the place

Just chillin'
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Saturday morning

Big trees!

Breakfast in the tent

Workin' hard

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000
The show field

Hmmm...Solstice with hard top

'58 Corvette with software

Nice birds

She was a model that happened to be doing a photo shoot for her portfolio

Here come da judge

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000

No comment

Midengined visitor

Amen

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 07-20-2009).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000
The cars

2nd place Custom Fastback - with Spidey sense!

2nd place Custom Notchback

1st place Custom Notchback

1st place Daily Driver Fastback + Best of Show

1st place Modified

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000
The story on this car is that it's owned by one of our club members. I didn't hear why he brought it instead of his Formula. We have a "Special Interest" catagory for kit cars what we keep open in the hope that some Fiero-based kits will show up (as they have in the past). This year there weren't any entries, so for fun, we put the 'Vette in the show.

1st place Stock Notchback - very clean t-top Formula

2nd place Stock Notchback - low mileage Indy

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000
1st place Work in Progress - Chris West's newest monster

2nd place Work in Progress + People's Choice - Rick Whiteside's V8 with power steering, getting a new interior

Homemade power steering

New interior, in progress

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay