Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  2009 Fiero Westfest - Santa Cruz Mountains - "Big Trees" - July 17-18-19 (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
2009 Fiero Westfest - Santa Cruz Mountains - "Big Trees" - July 17-18-19 by fierobear
Started on: 03-16-2009 08:17 PM
Replies: 83 (4049 views)
Last post by: pokeyfiero on 07-21-2009 03:01 AM
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2009 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2009 Fiero Westfest - Santa Cruz Mountains - "Big Trees" - July 17-18-19

Hey Fiero Fans,

Ready for windy scenic roads with beautiful redwood trees? Fiero Westfest 2009 is going to be in the Santa Cruz Mountains amid great big tall trees and located at the Brookdale Inn and Spa.

The Friday night reception, car show and banquet will all be held at the Brookdale Inn & Spa. No need to change locations for any of our venues this year.
Our banquet will be served in the Brookroom dining room with the river running though it and our awards ceremony in the connected Log Cabin room. Our car show will be in the parking lot under the big redwood trees!

Address and Phone to make reservations:

Brookdale Inn and Spa
11570 Hwy 9
Brookdale, CA 95007

Phone: 831-338-1300

Reservation Code: CGFIER (Fiero Westfest)

The Brookdale Inn & Spa is located on Hwy 9 between Saratoga and Santa Cruz, at a convenient distance from the Silicon Valley, San Francisco and Santa Cruz.
Set amongst towering redwoods the world famous Brookdale Lodge is uniquely rustic and built around a beautiful dining room with a natural brook running though it.
Judge J.H. Logan at the site of the Grover lumber mill built the original lodge in 1890. In the early 1920's, Dr. F.K. Camp built the beautiful dining room with the natural brook running through it. A feature in Ripley's Believe It or Not served to make the Brookdale Lodge world famous. Throughout the years, the Brookdale Lodge has hosted a number of notable guests: movie stars, music celebrities and a U.S. President.

Brookdale Lodge serves the needs of its guests with hotel and cottage accommodations, an indoor heated swimming pool, cocktail lounge, and dance floor. On Friday and Saturday night they are providing live entertainment for our listening and dancing enjoyments.
Two on-site restaurants provide their guests with a selection of dining experiences.
The Brookdale Cafe is open seven days a week for breakfast and lunch.

Brookroom Hours (With the river running though it)
Wed - Thurs: 5 - 9pm Fri – Sat 5 - 10pm Sunday Brunch 9:30am - 1:30 pm

We have reserved 25 rooms for Fiero Westfest. Reservations have to be made by June 17th or our group discount rate and block will be released. The Brookdale Inn has just remodeled its rooms and is giving us their original lower pricing. Any reservations available after June 17th would be at their newer higher rates.

1 person -----------1 King or 2 Queen room $98.10 plus tax
2 persons ------------ 1 King or 2 Queen room $107.10 plus tax
Additional person $10.00 per room

Credit card is necessary for making reservations. Cancellation policy for this establishment is if you give them more than 48 hours notice, no charge. Within 48 hours there will be a 1-night charge at full price.
Check in time is 3 pm. Check out is 12 noon. Brookdale Inn and Spa has both non-smoking and smoking rooms and suites. Most rooms have either king beds or two queen beds and full bathrooms. Satellite television channels include three Showtime channels, CNN, ESPN, Discovery and the Weather Channel. Wi-Fi is available in the lobby. No pets accepted. **

Note: rooms are beautiful but basic and are not equipped with micros, refrigerators and coffee machines. If you want coffee, bring your own coffee maker or there is the Brookdale Café located on the premises.

Nearby Attractions:
Scenic Highway 9 through the redwoods.
Santa Cruz Beach / Boardwalk, 14 miles to the South
Big Basin State Park, 10.5 miles to the North
Roaring Camp & Big Trees Railroad, 4 miles to the South
Boulder Creek Golf & Country Club, 6 miles to the North
Wineries with relaxing tours and tasting

**For those needing accommodations with pets, down the road in Ben Lomand is Quality Inn & Suites phone 831-336-2292 for reservations. Rooms are newly remodeled and equipped with microwaves, refrigerators and coffeemakers. Rates from @ $209 to $229. Additional fee charged for pet.

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 03-16-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2009 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Brookdale Inn

Indoor Pool

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2009 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27075 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Lobby and restaurant. Yes, that's a real stream running through it!

The "Log Cabin", where the awards and raffle will take place

Banquet area

The Bar. Whoo hooo!

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 03-16-2009).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2009 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27075 posts
Member since Aug 2000
The show will take place in the parking lot

BIG TREES!

We'll put the registration tents here

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2009 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27075 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Bar/Nightclub, with live bands on Friday and Saturday nights

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2009 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Jim Morrison? Where are the pictures of naked women?
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

Jim Morrison? Where are the pictures of naked women?

The place is being renovated. The pix of nude women are being updated.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That place looks like the dells did when i firsts started to go to it in 93.!!!
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know we are going to pretty much stay on the site (because it's a ShowNShine) but I hope at some
point we all take a drive together to Alice's in Woodside to show off our Fiero "train".

Oh, and the room rate is excellent!

Kit
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Although it might be tough to tell from the pictures, because the place is being renovated and is mostly closed, it's a really nice place. It's really beautiful and rustic.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2009 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Age limit? I'm 17

[This message has been edited by 87antuzzi (edited 05-31-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Age limit? I'm 17 and my girlfried and I would like to go if possible? I could care less about the bar. Her and I can find other ways to have fun

No age limit from us. Check with the hotel to see if they'll let you get a room.
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kitskaboodle:

I know we are going to pretty much stay on the site (because it's a ShowNShine) but I hope at some
point we all take a drive together to Alice's in Woodside to show off our Fiero "train".

Oh, and the room rate is excellent!

Kit

Great idea Kit!

This place is really nice. I'm going to try and bribe them to let me bring my dog.

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

Great idea Kit!

This place is really nice. I'm going to try and bribe them to let me bring my dog.

You gonna need a king bed or a double?
SILVERMIST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2009 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe this info should go onto gereral chat so that more people will know about a great event in a fabulous setting.If others are like me,they seldom go to events or OT or any thing else.This could be one of the best Westfest's ever.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2009 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I definetly think this events section is getting no attention.
I like this section but it should be in geneal at the same time. West Fest needs more exposure!

Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2009 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hear ya Andrew but (my two cents here) I think Fiero events still belong here only.

I say this because at least 90% of the Fiero population is not going to go to this event so
why keep it alive in General Fiero Chat where it will take up a lot of room and most people
are going to glaze over it and ignore it anyways?

You are right though...since this is a pretty new section a lot of people still dont know
there is a new and seperate section for events and may not be aware of a Westfest gathering because of this.
In addition, I think there are quite a few Fiero people that have (in the past) "stumbled" across our Westfest thread
just because it was posted in the most popular section of the Fiero.nl bb. Now, because of the new section,
some of those people will miss our event.

Well, they're just going to have to actively search the Events section now for upcoming events that are interesting to them.

Kit
SILVERMIST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it keeps going like this the club is going to spend a lot of money for a 6 car show.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SILVERMIST:

If it keeps going like this the club is going to spend a lot of money for a 6 car show.

FYI: Golden Gate doesn't put any money into Westfest (nor does any other club). Westfest has it's own bank account and funds for bankrolling the show. The account balance is somewhere around $2000, which normally is around the right amount to pay for everything in advance.
msarq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msarqSend a Private Message to msarqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Fiero Westfest,

I just got an email from Brenda Ball (Visitors Bureau) Solvang wondering if you would come back this year (2009). I'll let them know that you have moved on down the road. I really enjoyed your vist there last year and may even catch up with you all one day.

Best Regards,
MSarq
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2009 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by msarq:

Hello Fiero Westfest,

I just got an email from Brenda Ball (Visitors Bureau) Solvang wondering if you would come back this year (2009). I'll let them know that you have moved on down the road. I really enjoyed your vist there last year and may even catch up with you all one day.

Best Regards,
MSarq

I would LOVE to go back to Solvang. It's just that we move the show around every year. We are discussing doing a club drive to Solvang for a weekend, possibly this spring. We really want to go back.
PFF
System Bot
TheRealFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2009 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealFieroSend a Private Message to TheRealFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm now at 17,913 miles. Slowly accumulating them.

The location looks stunning, and I do not have a time conflict that I can see.

WestFest! Look forward to seeing you all there!

-- John

------------------
IMFIERO

MrsBear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrsBearSend a Private Message to MrsBearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For anyone that is interested I was informed that the Brookdale Inn has a bit of a past and mystery to it. It is also considered to be haunted.

See: http://www.hauntedbay.com/f...BrookdaleLodge.shtml

Any one have an ouiji board? Hummmmm? Crystal Ball maybe?

[This message has been edited by MrsBear (edited 04-13-2009).]

PePe-LePu_For_2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2009 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PePe-LePu_For_2Send a Private Message to PePe-LePu_For_2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MrsBear:

For anyone that is interested I was informed that the Brookdale Inn has a bit of a past and mystery to it. It is also considered to be haunted.

See: http://www.hauntedbay.com/f...BrookdaleLodge.shtml

Any one have an ouiji board? Hummmmm? Crystal Ball maybe?

Wow, nice and interesting location! Way to go guys! I told the wife about it and she is jazzed about going this year.

currie68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2009 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for currie68Send a Private Message to currie68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there room to park a pickup and inclosed trailer there
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2009 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by currie68:

Is there room to park a pickup and inclosed trailer there

The people from the hotel told us there is space behind the hotel for a few trailers, so that shouldn't be a problem.
currie68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2009 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for currie68Send a Private Message to currie68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
woohoo if all goes well i will be there.
dang i need vacation
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2009 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gotta reserve my room........hopefully Fieros West will be representing again this year.....

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

PePe-LePu_For_2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PePe-LePu_For_2Send a Private Message to PePe-LePu_For_2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Room booked and ready to roll!
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2009 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope next year the show will be in somewhere like Big Bear. plus the cruise up the mountain would be superfun... I showed my wife the pictures and I know she won't have any fun... she didn't have a good expression on her face... Seems REALLY in the boonies and nothing else around. I'd hate to get stuck in the dive bar.... Although I see a disco ball.. I know, I know.. We are there for the show.... I calculate about 8 hours drive from SoCal..... I like the hunted facts though... I want room 46 if I go and have coffee on the balcony with the other spirits too.

I just finished my engine too.... damn. I'll still think about it. 5oo break-in miles aren't supposed to be on the freeway though.
MrsBear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2009 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrsBearSend a Private Message to MrsBearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Santa Cruz is only 20-25 minute drive. Big Basin Park and the Roaring Camp - Big Trees Railroad are also close by. There is lots to do in the area. The pictures of the hotel are during their remodeling. We are going to have to back and get more pictures of the finished product for everyone.

There are plenty of rooms still available. Please get your reservations in ASAP. Our room block expires in less than a month and then we will not have the reduced prices or possible rooms available.

Mary
PFF
System Bot
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2009 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Great idea Kit!

I would save the $$$ for the deposit of bringing the dog, and instead keep it handy for a U-Haul trailer... **** .. Did I just say that outloud! I miss you guys!
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2009 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FordsNeverDie

952 posts
Member since May 2003

I definetly think this events section is getting no attention.
I like this section but it should be in geneal at the same time. West Fest needs more exposure!

Maybe it's because I've moved away! I have been going to quite a few car shows up here with the "WCF Support Vehicle", and I've been told that in the last couple 3 years since I've been up here, the shows are getting more and more populated.. Hell... Even made $1,800 the last event I was at... The `69 Cuda 440 6-Pack, and the `47 Dodge Panelvan with a chopped top looked SO NICE behind the truck!
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2009 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Goober, did you see that your BBQ with Sideris would be the same weekend as this show? Maybe you can drop by the show?

MountainHiBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2009 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MountainHiBlue87GTSend a Private Message to MountainHiBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guess WCF will have at least two cars there.

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2009 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FordsNeverDie:

I would save the $$$ for the deposit of bringing the dog, and instead keep it handy for a U-Haul trailer... **** .. Did I just say that outloud! I miss you guys!

I have not blown an engine in two years or more. Knock on wood. I don't miss limpin home or being towed.

kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2009 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's official.....room is booked and hoping I can have my Fiero ready by that time....see ya all there!!!!

------------------

SILVERMIST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2009 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is different than the Coast Run.If you drive off a cliff,there are a lot of trees to break your fall.
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2009 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya tell me about it......

------------------

JenzGT2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2009 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Booked a room, but they said the block of 25 rooms was already sold out. Had to pay extra.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock