Started on: 11-17-2008 05:56 PM
Replies: 114 (2771 views)
Last post by: Irvin Green on 06-26-2009 12:15 AM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2009 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

What hotels are you guys booking? and do they have parking for a trailer?.

Most of thr larger hotels in Carlisle have decent sized parking lots and can accomodate a car trailer. Depending on what direction you are coming from it may be a good idea to stay outside city limits though. This way you'll have more room to park and be in a less congested area. The hotel rates in Carlisle average about $150.00 per night for something just middle of the road. Upscale lodging can run you $250 or more per evening. Paula and myself are driving in from the East so we are staying in Grantville at the MainStay Suites just outside of Hershey, the Chocolate town. Its about $120 per evening but the room has a King bed, full kitchen, sofa, desk etc and they serve a hot buffet breakfast. Do a search of all the popular chains and check with them on trailer parking.
A word to the wise; all the area hotels operate on the "bucket" principle so book now. The first rooms sell for less and on the last available rooms you'll pay through the nose.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE WILDCAT"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IP: Logged
JennsDream

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2009 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^
JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2009 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump time. This event is just around the corner.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2009 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there in spirit this year, but bet your ass I'll be there in 2010 when I get back from Iraq, WITH my car.
cleppsfierogts

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2009 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2009 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bumpity bump
RodneySS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneySSSend a Private Message to RodneySSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there but not in the Fiero. I will be showing the Impala SS with the Impala club.

I'll look for ya'll, and this time I can now talk about my Fiero, insted of just wanting one.
JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2009 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
sgrieve

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2009 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sgrieveSend a Private Message to sgrieveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just joined this forum as well as just recently purchsed the 87 GT...can you fill me in on how the show works? I would consider driving the car in but would likely only be there for one day. The drive from Maryland is not too bad, but will drive up and back same day. Is entering the car for one day worth while?? If not, I will definately stop in and see some of the cars...
JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2009 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
truthfully, as much as everyone is encouraged to come all three days, the majority of people only come for saturday and sometimes sunday.

it is DEFINATELY worth the experience though to come and bring your car. it's a lot of fun

if you search the forum for past Fiero shows at Carlisle, both at the Kit Car Nationals and GM you will see what i'm talking about.

you would not believe how many Fiero's have shown up in past years . . . it was incredible! that is what we are trying to accomplish with this year's show.

our main show in past year's has always been at the Kit Car Nationals in May, however this year we made the leap to having our big show at GM. . . seems more appropriate

PFF
System Bot
JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2009 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
weekend bump
jazz4cash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2009 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jazz4cashSend a Private Message to jazz4cashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm....reading this convinced me to get a room and do the whole weekend. Just made a reservation for Hamption Inn-Carlisle.
JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2009 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
time is running out!

pre-registrations (along with free t-shirts) ends soon!

62 days, 17 hours, 31 minutes until GM
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is bump for ya and i just registered and you know blue by you too!!! beter be there ......... lol

------------------

cleppsfierogts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you better believe blue by you too! will be there and alive......just got to figure out how. Carlisle is so close! Pre register now. I'll be up on friday night and camping on the grounds. Anyone up for that?
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hell, if I go, I'll have to camp on the grounds. It'll be the only way I can swing the cost of accomodations, LOL!

Lemme see what I can come up with.
cleppsfierogts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sounds good to me! You definitely should try! Its the best.
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i do have a 2 person tent if jason wants to try for sat night if it don't rain i have no problem with it and your but better save me a spot next to my brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just cleared my calander / joined & registered. Will be doing the saturday up & back. Anyone from Northern VA want to meet up? PM me and let me know.
cleppsfierogts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dont you worry there will be that spot. have to have the brotherrs together. also, I am only staying till the end of show and a lil later. Ill have work i am sure on sunday.
PFF
System Bot
JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many from NYFOC are going and on which day are you heading down there? It'd be great (and much safer) to travel as a herd rather than run the risk of someone breakin' down and having to mess with a tow or risk being forced to leave your ride on the side so you can go chase parts.

I changed my fuel filter again this weekend and although I did get some more junk out of it, I got nowhere near as much junk out of it as Jason did in Wal-Mart's parking lot. It looks like I'll be carrying a spare with me at all times for a couple of months until that garbage is run out of the tank. I might as well plan on dropping the tank at some point and cleaning it out properly or else it's only going to clog my sock and screw my pump. Which leads me to wonder if my sock hasn't fallen off altogether and that's how I'm getting so much junk in my fuel filter....and perhaps why I've dropped from 10-11 psi to 8 psi of fuel pressure. I really need a good place to work on my car. I wish I didn't have to leave my "Man Palace" in Kentucky.

I'll be talking to my wife tonight to hammer out the details of upcoming months. We need a plan for this move and the sale of our house. But as far as my being at Carlisle, it's looking like I'll be able to make it for all 4 days.

Being completely unfamiliar with Carlisle and its amenities, I need to know what facilities are offered. Are there restrooms or are there just porta-potties? Is there anyway to take a shower or is a washcloth and a sink the best I'll be able to do? Or if there's a river close enough.......

Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I've got some bad news. I just got off the phone with my wife and she told me that you folks were just gonna have to suck it up and deal with me being at Carlisle. Now, I understand that this will likely anger those of you that do know me and have a profoundly negative impact on those of you who don't. I apologize for having to deliver notice of this kind as I was hoping for a more positive result. But since she won't be moving up here until mid-July, she took no issue with me attending Carlisle, save the fact that she wouldn't be here to go with me. It upset her greatly that I was going to spend no money on a hotel room since I decided to camp on the grounds, next to the car; she would much rather that I had blown $2-250 on lodging.

Rest assured that in time, this painful period will pass. As a CFL (Certified Fiero Lunatic), I'll make myself available to anyone wishing to talk about the trauma they've endured as a result of my presence.

My deepest and most sincere apologies to the NYFOC and MAFOA clubs, and Fiero owners worldwide,

Brocephus.

------------------

My Fiero ate an import. No, seriously.
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Brocephus

617 posts
Member since Mar 2006
cleppsfierogts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ha ha your absolutely crazy....I"LL BE JOINING YOU!!! WOOHOO. I enjoyed camping last year so much. I had so much fun. My buddy and I were the only ones last year and i am excited to see someone else this year. Now the only problem is I don't even know where you truly camp. I ended up sleeping in my buddies truck with him. We got lucky and I was able to keep my car in one of the garages. We will figure it out though. -Corey

P.S. there are squat-a-pots in our area. I don't know what other facilities there are besides there being atleast one true bathroom area and concessions. I would not count on them being open all night though. I would pack food and drinks. You will enjoy camping there though. Its great

[This message has been edited by cleppsfierogts (edited 05-05-2009).]

Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cleppsfierogts:

I ended up sleeping in my buddies truck with him.

Ya'll uhh.... do things differn't in Maryland, doncha?

Anyone else camping on the grounds? Or wait.... don't they lock the gates at night?

[This message has been edited by Brocephus (edited 05-05-2009).]

JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not entirely sure how the whole camping thing works at carlisle, but info is available on the www.carsatcarlisle.com website.

i'm almost positive that there is a bathroom at gate three with shower stalls. there are several locations that are actually real life bathrooms as opposed to port-a-potties. one at gate three. one under the grandstands and one behind the main food court in a tiny brick building. port-a-potties are everywhere though.
cleppsfierogts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ha ha your funny not like that. And yea they lock the gates at Carlisle at night. They also have security drive around all night. And we chose truck over camping just cause we didn't feel like setting up a tent. Plus with a 2500 dodge there was plenty of sleeping room. I also didn't feel like setting up a tent at 5 in the morning and waking up at 6 30. Since I got lucky and kept it in one of the garages, I polished it all night till 5 and then woke up at 6 30 to get everything ready for the show. It was fun. I think Jenn is right too. I'm sure there are full facilities. I just never took the time to check them out.
jazz4cash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2009 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jazz4cashSend a Private Message to jazz4cashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I WAS gonna go up to Carlisle early Friday, but I was just notified I gotta work till 2 or 3 pm (in Westminster!) on the 26th.
When are you guys leaving from Westminster?
John Miller

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2009 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John MillerSend a Private Message to John MillerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there with my big block chevy powered 84 notchie on Saturday. I'm looking to sell this animal. For more details check the Mall or the Fieros for sale here on Pennocks.
PFF
System Bot
John Miller

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2009 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John MillerSend a Private Message to John MillerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anybody know when the tickets are being mailed out?
jazz4cash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jazz4cashSend a Private Message to jazz4cashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by John Miller:

Does anybody know when the tickets are being mailed out?

>bump<
Irvin Green

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2009 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Irvin GreenSend a Private Message to Irvin GreenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live in bowie if any want to meet to ride up give me a call.

------------------
P1010039.JPG?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=15017&part=2

Irvin Green

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2009 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Irvin GreenSend a Private Message to Irvin GreenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Irvin Green

260 posts
Member since Jun 2009

Originally posted by cleppsfierogts:

you better believe blue by you too! will be there and alive......just got to figure out how. Carlisle is so close! Pre register now. I'll be up on friday night and camping on the grounds. Anyone up for that?

I live in bowie if you want to hook up, but i'm going on sat.

------------------
P1010039.JPG?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=15017&part=2

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay