2009 GM @ Carlisle by hagans19
Started on: 11-17-2008 05:56 PM
Replies: 114 (2770 views)
Last post by: Irvin Green on 06-26-2009 12:15 AM
hagans19

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-17-2009 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hagans19Send a Private Message to hagans19Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
anyone coming from west that wants to meet to drive in i would like that i am in somerset pa right off turn pike like 1 mile pm me trying to find some guys to drive with i think it would be a great sight

------------------

IP: Logged
amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have attended the GM show for the past two years and have not seen those kinds of crowds. Last year at least 1/3 of the show field was bare with plenty of space. Even the year before there was space, as far as moving around Carlisle I never had a problem and there are plenty of places to eat in and around the city. I cannot comment about hotels but MT. Holly Springs has a nice inn that is never crowded which is near Carlisle about 10 mies from the fairgrounds. Remember to register early at www.mafoa.com Good Luck!

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car
President of Mid Atlantic Fiero Owners Association

JennsDream

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grsychckn:

Also, I hate to be THAT guy - but what can we do with our cars while we're there? I assume the only option is to park at the hotel and bring car covers if we're anal enough (me).

Any experience with the GM Carlisle show would definitely be appreciated.

a lot of the time, my husband and i drive both of our fieros. i'll leave mine on the fairgrounds and we'll take his home. he's a little particualr too, so i know what you're saying. if there's a few of you going up, the fairgrounds is a very safe spot to leave your car. the gates are locked at night. if the people you are traveling with don't mind driving their fieros, or other cars, back and forth you could catch a ride with them. . . not sure, just a thought. i don't really know what your plans are.

carlisle is extremely crowded for the GM Nats, but trust me, your car should be pretty safe. a car cover is not a bad idea at all.

JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JennsDream

398 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by f499:

I've put the 2009 GM @ Carlisle on the calendar. I was almost going to book a room and register, until I spoke to a few friends. They claim that the GM show in Carlisle draws alot of cars and people, to the point where it can be almost a zoo. As an example, getting from your hotel to the fairgrounds can be a real headache. Finding restaurants is a good challenge. Of, course, this is second hand information.

Therefore, for those who have Carlisle experience, can you please share your experiences? Especially those who have been at the GM Nationals.

my husband and i have been attending the GM Nats pretty much since it started. i won't lie, it is a very crowded place. but, if you stay at a hotel just outside of carlisle like amflyer suggested, there is much less headache. also, timing is very important, if you wanna go to a restaruant as opposed to eating at the fairgrounds, go at 4 o'clock instead of 5 for dinner. you won't hit as many crowds. or wait until later in the evening. there are a lot of restaurants outside of carlisle as well that have great home cooked for. also, a lot of the times, people attending the shows like to grab dinner together. you could always try to arrange something with them. maybe everyone could kind of carpool to the restaurants? make reservations?

there's definately ways to deal with things. if you don't time your traveling around carlisle just right, you will hit a lot of traffic, and the lights in carlisle aren't really timed right, so it can be annoying. but, this is supposed to be a great even for us fiero followers, you don't wanna miss it do you?!
[/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by JennsDream (edited 02-18-2009).]

rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am still trying to register thru the MAFOA site and keep getting an error message about too much data. Any ideas. Is the pre-registration thru the site working yet?
JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i got on the website and i am not having any issues. . . not sure what the problem is
Firefighter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefighterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Although I have not attended the GM Nationals before, I have attended other shows at Carlisle. As Amflyer notes, year after year, the number of cars in attendance is lower and lower, you see far more grass (the real kind) than in years past. This year with the economy what it is, you may see far less activity than even last year.
Ed
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might go Fieroless due to the fact that my car is still under construction and I don't want to get stuck all alone by the fence away from all the other Fieros. We were so far away from the other Fieros that there was hardly any foot traffic where I was parked. There was such a big gap and I remember the one fellow next to me mentioning that he might as well park on the outside of the fence since we were so far away.

Dave

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 02-18-2009).]

rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JennsDream:

i got on the website and i am not having any issues. . . not sure what the problem is

You have to find the Carlisle registration link thru the events calander and then get re-directed right? I do not see it listed anywhere else on the MAFOA home page or associated links. It seems that I am having the same issue that I had when I was trying to renew my membership in the MAFOA. I fill out all the required information (except "URL"- honestly don't know what that is) like name, address, e-mail, etc. with no extra information and keep getting some stupid error code about the database and too much information than allowed for some field, line 195 (?). Maybe amflyer has an idea? It is probably just computer-stupid me anyway (BTW, what's a blog? LOL)

[This message has been edited by rjblaze (edited 02-19-2009).]

JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes, you do get automatically redirected through the the calendar page.

not sure what to say about the error message
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was computer-stupid me! I kept putting a "." after the Pa in the state box. It didn't like the extra "data" in that line. I got the thing to work this morning.
PFF
System Bot
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having never attended a GM Nationals show, I assume we can just participate in the saturday competition?
JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rjblaze:

It was computer-stupid me! I kept putting a "." after the Pa in the state box. It didn't like the extra "data" in that line. I got the thing to work this morning.

lol. . . don't worry, we've all done silly things like that before.
JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JennsDream

398 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by rpro:

Having never attended a GM Nationals show, I assume we can just participate in the saturday competition?

this is correct.

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Jenn. Did I see you at Carlisle last year?
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

I might go Fieroless due to the fact that my car is still under construction and I don't want to get stuck all alone by the fence away from all the other Fieros. We were so far away from the other Fieros that there was hardly any foot traffic where I was parked. There was such a big gap and I remember the one fellow next to me mentioning that he might as well park on the outside of the fence since we were so far away.

Dave

follow us up mt my dad im trying to get andrew and a few other people are goin you can ride with me if andrew dosent.

cleppsfierogts

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2009 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sorry that people felt like they were far away last year. The layout for the show is made before the day of the show. We had to move classes and things like that due to the weather. The work in progress class and display only class is always in that spot, but usually we have enough cars to fill the lawn so that you are fully included. It was easier to leave the class there because the show had already began and it would have been too hectic to make people move in the middle of it. Especially, when one of the classes(the display only class) was not a judged class. The people judging the cars would have gotten more confused as well. It was more work and frustration that really was not needed. I am sorry for the inconvenience. We will work to make sure this doesn't happen again. Thanks.
JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2009 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

Thanks, Jenn. Did I see you at Carlisle last year?

probably. i was the bump on the log with food poisoning that didn't get out of my chair. i was sitting behind my husbands fiero. it was the silver gt with the 350 swap. i was determined to go last year, sick or not.
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^
jazz4cash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jazz4cashSend a Private Message to jazz4cashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got done registering. I had tried everything except the calandar link which I only tried after reading the recent posts here, so maybe a more direct link will help others (like me, lol) get to the registration page without getting frustrated.....

http://www.mafoa.com/carlisle.html
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by x-thumpr-x:

If the show was still with the Imports, I'd definately would be there. Last year was the first time I missed it in 4 years. I already have another show on that same weekend in North Bay Ontario. How far is the Lititz show from Carlisle on the may 17th weekend? That's out long weekend in Canada.

I now might be planning on attending the show this year. Just found out 10 minutes ago the North Bay Show King of the Hill Dragway has done some changes to track layout this year, so there will be no car show with the racing events. So, I'll be looking at booking a motel room tomorrow for Carlisle.

PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2009 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What hotels are you guys booking? and do they have parking for a trailer?.
amflyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2009 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry guys due to the fact that no one has used the blocks of hotels that we reserved in the past MAFOA will not be blocking hotels because they will charge us even if we do not use them. In Mount Holly Springs there is a nice inn that has plenty of parking for trucks and trailers. It is only about 6 miles from Carlisle. You may want to try that

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car

JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^
cleppsfierogts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump to the top. I am really hoping to see over 100 cars at this show.
JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
up late huh, corey?
Racing_Master

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racing_MasterSend a Private Message to Racing_MasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will make an attempt to be there! I got a few things to do to my fiero first. Anyone from the northeast want to give me a hand or meet me somewhere to cruise down to the show? If we can pick up a band of Fieros, traveling from here to there, would be a sight to see. Plus I want to meet at least one of you guys in person!

If my fiero gets done in time, I will definately go! I don't know about showing it, its kinda beat up at the moment. got a few years to go before it looks and drives great. But if anyone at all wants to give me a hand, here is the list of stuff I gotta do before its "show worthy"

-Lack of Power problem

-Vacuum Leaks

-Repaint Body

-Fix Wing

-Fix fuel pump not turning off issue
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am hoping that a bunch of us from the Allentown / Bethlehem / Easton / ? area will get together and do the same. I am not sure yet if I will be travelling Friday evening, staying over, doing the Sat. show, and then travelling home OR just heading out early Sat. morning. Might need to hit up my sister in York for a place to stay for Friday night. We call her place the "Groom Bead & Breakfast". LOL
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ll you all can deffenetley count me in for being there so long as my fiero behaves between now and than. just installed the kris munson healights today and the 355 front bumper is going on this weekend. im hoping to have a mcco gloss black paintjob on it. only need it on there for about a year ot 2 just so i can get into the show season this year.
cleppsfierogts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea I was up late. I couldn't sleep so I decided to post. I want to see a great show that I used to see. So far it seems like we will have that show. I hope others will join in on the band wagon.
hagans19

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-25-2009 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hagans19Send a Private Message to hagans19Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have to save up just 1500 for insureince
PFF
System Bot
cleppsfierogts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow. Good luck. I hope you can save that much up.
amflyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump!

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car

chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grsychckn:

Also, I hate to be THAT guy - but what can we do with our cars while we're there? I assume the only option is to park at the hotel and bring car covers if we're anal enough (me).

Any experience with the GM Carlisle show would definitely be appreciated.

I've been there several times. It is a crowded show but it has soooo much more to offer than the import/kit car show. It can get hairy getting to the fairgrounds on some access roads but others can be OK at times. Its a four star event for sure. We had trouble finding a hotel room. Many are already booked and prices for something even middle end in the Carlisle area average about $150.00 + tax. Ended up booking at the MainStay Suites in Grantville, about $120 but at least you get a room with a full kitchen (microwave refrigerator, stove) dining table, sofa, king bed and a hot breakfast. Grantville is off 81 in the Hershey area 30 minutes from Carlisle

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE WILDCAT"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 02-28-2009).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2009 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just registered today. Online registration is available at http://www.mafoa.com/carlisle.html Absolutely Fabulous Fiero show and exceptional event. Be there, you will enjoy it and if you haven't been to this show before, you'll be owerwhelmed with the amount of GM cars, parts and tools there.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE WILDCAT"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

amflyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2009 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2009 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well my fiero missbehaved but ill still probabley be bringin it. the damn thing over heated but i dont think its a serious componenet problem.
JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2009 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2009 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

well my fiero missbehaved but ill still probabley be bringin it. the damn thing over heated but i dont think its a serious componenet problem.

Didnt get that fixed yet? Better get on it!

I left you some ideas of what to look for / how to fix it in your build thread:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/074609.html

-Chris
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave