Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  MAFOA Club EVENTS for the 2009 Show Season. . .

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
MAFOA Club EVENTS for the 2009 Show Season. . . by JennsDream
Started on: 01-19-2009 06:58 PM
Replies: 16 (433 views)
Last post by: sabooo on 03-07-2009 02:49 PM
JennsDream

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, yes. It's that time again when we start planning our schedules for the new year. So, in an attempt to give you as much time as possible to prepare for the upcoming events, here is a list of the show dates so far:

May 17, 2009 - Lititz, PA - show and swap meet; there will be a small cover charge to rent the pavilion and we are hoping that everyone will try and supply a dish of some sort for meals.

June 27, 2009 - the one we've all been waiting for . . .GM CARLISLE !

Come one, come all, heck, bring every last Fiero that you got if you can

This is the replacement show for the Kit Car show. This is the BIG ONE! If you'd like to continue seeing us at Carlisle, then register, register, register.

If this show falls through then there is a very good chance that there will no longer be a "FIERO SHOW" at Carlisle.

Registration begins the second you read this. Check the MAFOA.com website for more information.

If I understand correctly, there will be a registration form available for you to fill out.

All Pre-Registrations MUST BE SENT IN ON OR BEFORE MAY15, 2009.

I do believe you get a discount if you register early and with that registration fee you get to bring a friend (each and every day if you decide to attend).

The more Fiero's pre-register, the more Carlisle will take us seriously again. Let's remind everyone just how cool this little car is!!!

Back in the days of the Kit Car Nationals, we had up to 120 cars show up!

That may not be possible now, but hey, let's shoot for 75?!
Other events following the GM Nationals include the Show-N-Go at Freysinger Pontiac in Mechanicsburg, Pa (most likely in August), and the Dutch Classic again in Lititz, PA. Show dates and additional information will follow shortly.

Hey, MAFOA members and board members, if I missed anything or annouced ianything wrong, let me know. The facts are important things!

Also, if you have an upcoming event that you would like everyone in our area to know about, let me know. I'll help you spread the word as much as possible!

[This message has been edited by JennsDream (edited 01-20-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im resorting to a cheap temporary macco paintjob just for the GM nationals event so as long as my new baby decides to be cool about getting there ill have mine there semi complete good enough to show but it probabley wont take home anything by than ill have my interior redone V8 archie rockers on and the 355 front end and ferrari taillights in and hopefuly i might have the fiero1fan headlight buckets in. so count on me being there.
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jenn, is there any chance you and Chris could bring some stuff from the parts 85 in the back yard to Lititz for me? I will definitely be at Lititz, not sure about Carlisle yet though. Depends on where I am, if I am still in PA or not....
JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
x- it just depends on if he brings his truck or his fiero. he hasn't decided yet. if he doesn't bring his truck then you'll probably have to get them your self.
JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JennsDream

398 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

im resorting to a cheap temporary macco paintjob just for the GM nationals event so as long as my new baby decides to be cool about getting there ill have mine there semi complete good enough to show but it probabley wont take home anything by than ill have my interior redone V8 archie rockers on and the 355 front end and ferrari taillights in and hopefuly i might have the fiero1fan headlight buckets in. so count on me being there.

looking forward to seeing how everything comes together in person
amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The registration for the GM Nationals will open soon. Please only register thru the mafoa.com web site, we are trying to show Carlisle Events that we can attract enough cars for eight classes. If we do this thru our site then they will furnish the awards for us this year. In the past they have only sponsored two classes for us, so lets show them that the Fiero is the supperior GM vehicle and get you car registered for the show. Mafoa really needs your support on this one so come on and do your part!

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car
President of Mid Atlantic Fiero Owners Association

rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 06:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

That is sooooooo eerie! You basically have just described the modifiations to my Fiero. We might have paternal (GM) twins at the GM Nationals! See you there!
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hotel reserved, and registration sent in. -Jason
85pontiac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85pontiacSend a Private Message to 85pontiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't seem to find the registration page. Is it up yet?

------------------
Adam
1984 Sport Coupe Auto., 130,~~~ miles, bad duke
1985 Sport Coupe 5 Speed, 55,000 original miles
1987 GT Auto., 155,~~~ miles, partial daily driver
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 5" lift, 35" tires, partial daily driver
1989 Yamaha V Max (oh yeah, it's fun!)
1975 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 25,000 original miles
1963 Buick Electra 225
1936 Dodge Two-door Touring Sedan

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm planning on attending the GM Nationals and will register as soon as the access page on the MAFOA page is available. I remember the days not long ago when over 100 Fieros would be at Carlisle. IMO the attendance went down due to the sharp increase in the price of gasoline and the often cold rainy weather that the show in May was known for.
The all GM show at Carlisle is held in sunny and warm late June, gas prices have come down to more reasonable levels, the field will be filled with GM cars and parts and there is no reason not to attend the largest Fiero event in the NE.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I'm planning on attending the GM Nationals and will register as soon as the access page on the MAFOA page is available. I remember the days not long ago when over 100 Fieros would be at Carlisle. IMO the attendance went down due to the sharp increase in the price of gasoline and the often cold rainy weather that the show in May was known for.
The all GM show at Carlisle is held in sunny and warm late June, gas prices have come down to more reasonable levels, the field will be filled with GM cars and parts and there is no reason not to attend the largest Fiero event in the NE.

great motivational speech, dennis
PFF
System Bot
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85pontiac:

I can't seem to find the registration page. Is it up yet?

Try here:
http://www.mafoa.com/carlisle.html

johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2009 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My renewal and prereg is in the mail.
turbo86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unless I can register my '07 Civic, I'm Fieroless and won't be able to help! Maybe Jen will let me show her silver '88GT this year?
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure...wanna come up one weekend and help to get it running? :-)
turbo86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Sure...wanna come up one weekend and help to get it running? :-)

Definitely! What do I need to bring?
sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2009 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have registered through the MAFOA site. Right now it's still a bit of a mystery if I'll be able to go, but I'll throw in on the optimist side of things.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock