Fieros at The Glen 2009 by FieroVin
Started on: 02-16-2009 08:46 AM
Replies: 15 (418 views)
Last post by: Fformula88 on 04-17-2009 07:41 AM
FieroVin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I heard a roomer that Watkins Glen planning started months ago... has anyone posted anything about Watkins Glen yet? I am starting to get the itch already, but boy that will be a long drive for me this year... about 10.5 hours.

Here is a little thread from last year to get us started: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/070606.html

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster
87 GT Med. Red Metallic

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Boominator

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoominatorSend a Private Message to BoominatorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroVin:

I heard a roomer that Watkins Glen planning started months ago... has anyone posted anything about Watkins Glen yet?

I haven't seen anything "official" yet, although AC II did indicate there may be a Fiero's At The Glen gathering, again this year. I know I'll be attending opening day and it would be nice if we could get a bunch of Fiero's together, even if it's on an informal basis. WGI is planning a Mark Donohue tribute weekend, including laps on opening day - Opening Weekend at WGI Features Ticket Savings and Mark Donohue Tribute - Watkins Glen International: http://www.theglen.com/news/track_news/552213.html

Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm there.....let's get it started already! -Jason
FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm just waiting for approval from the event founders before I post a link to the info page. The lineup of activities looks very similar to the format from two years ago which I thought was a very good time.

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster
87 GT Med. Red Metallic

[This message has been edited by FieroVin (edited 02-16-2009).]

85_Fiero_2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there....hopefully!

I PMed and emailed AC with some t shirt info a while ago...but I haven't heard anything back.
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I intend to be there this year... with my Fiero! Last year I went down with my cousin in his Porsche... my Fiero wasn't in good running order in time. I don't plan on letting that happen again.

It was cool that the Fiero group was able to get into the club area too for staging together. Was that an arrangement that had to be set up separately?

FieroVin, will you be bringing your GT or the new Solstice?

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 02-16-2009).]

FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fformula88:

I intend to be there this year... with my Fiero! Last year I went down with my cousin in his Porsche... my Fiero wasn't in good running order in time. I don't plan on letting that happen again.

It was cool that the Fiero group was able to get into the club area too for staging together. Was that an arrangement that had to be set up separately?

FieroVin, will you be bringing your GT or the new Solstice?

I hate to admit it, but it would be nice to put the Solstice on the track... but this is Fieros at The Glen, so let's keep it about that.

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster
87 GT Med. Red Metallic

[This message has been edited by FieroVin (edited 02-16-2009).]

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, the Porsche club had a Solstice driver tag along with them last year.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fformula88:

Hey, the Porsche club had a Solstice driver tag along with them last year.

Can we tag along too??

I hear you have to have fenders though....

Just kidding.
Actually the Glen is one of my favorite tracks in the country. I wish I could haul my Fiero up there for some laps.
We will be back at the Glen over the 4th of July weekend for the GP this season.
amflyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We will be attending again this year just waiting to get confirmation from AC Jounior

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car
President of Mid Atlantic Fiero Owners Association

Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was talking to a few of the Toronto area Fiero owners and a number of them expressed an interest in making it to this event sometime. I'll be talking to a few again in a couple of weeks. Maybe we can make it happen. Are there any firm dates yet?

Dave
PFF
System Bot
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The on track paced laps are Sunday April 26. Here is the link to the Glen's full weekend presentation.

http://www.theglen.com/552213.html
FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The date is set. I can tell you that much, April 25th and 26th.

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster
87 GT Med. Red Metallic

Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have some work to do but i will make it wouldnt miss it for the world!!!!!!!

------------------

NY_FIERO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2009 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I actually may make it this year.
Not in the fiero though.
just need to tune my new carb and get some a free day...
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just over a week to go!

I am still hoping to make it, although I am getting down to crunch time with having my Fiero ready!!

I have the front brakes and shocks done, fixed a bad tranny fluid leak, and today the car is in for it's NYS inspection! Wish it luck! I think it should pass, but who knows what the garage might find. Once back, I still have to address the ignition system. If that all goes well, and nothing else unexpected happens I think I will be good to go!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock