Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  FOCI (Fiero Owners of Central Indiana) Underway (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FOCI (Fiero Owners of Central Indiana) Underway by FieroGTguy
Started on: 08-01-2008 12:30 AM
Replies: 54 (1053 views)
Last post by: Nurb432 on 05-09-2009 08:28 AM
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello All,

I've got some good news and some bad news... The good news is that I got my Fiero GT back! The bad news is that I got a new computer, and my old contact list for interested members was lost. Anyone who is interested in getting on the contact e-mail list for meets, events, etc. must e-mail me the following info...

1. Name, address, PFF screen name, age, phone #, etc... (All optional)
2. Make, model, year, and Fiero specifics.
3. Job/career (optional)
4. Days/hours that you are mostly available to meet.lub
5. Hobbies/interests/etc. (optional)
6. If your willing to help organize events, hold a club position of some sort, or donate time for misc. tasks if/when needed. (no firm commitment needed)
7. If you're willing to pay a registration fee to get official newsletters, business discounts at auto shops, etc. ($5, $10, $20, $25/year). We can either be free and be loosely ran, or have a small budget for better organization and communication with mailings and official website. So far, Ryan/Greengoblin has something set-up.

This is also a totally open club. Feel free to voice concerns, recommend changes, etc. I know it started later than expected, but lets plan our first meet at ORP Aug 5th for the Tuesday night street drags. I ran a 12.83 @ 106.63, so I'll try to beat my PB. I was slipping with 225/35/17 street tires at full PSI. Does anyone have 235/245 17" drag radials?

Hope to hear from you guys/gals soon, and see all of you at the track for some fun!

Thanks,
Greg

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Ayrow

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hoooray!!

I'm in!

Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
e-mail sent
gladiator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gladiatorSend a Private Message to gladiatorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
E-mail sent

Gary
FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also, please include if you would like to share your information with club members only, e-mail only, etc. I'd like this club to be open in the way any member can contact the group of 20ish expected members for any reason. Want to have a pitch-in cookout? Need help working on your Fiero? You name it. The reason for the small club fee and info e-mail to get on the list is to prevent people using our open format against us in the form of spam, sales, or solicitation e-mails. As a member, you can include a business coupon or advertisment for your personal business.

The club fee will also pay for a welcome packet (yet to be designed) which will include 10-20 info cards to put on Fiero windshields that you may come across in a parking lot, or speak with one at a gas station. It will include info on Pennocks as the main forum to join, and our club for local meetings.

Is anyone willing to donate time to design a professional website, or the info cards?

Greg
Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can do the website for you, if you wish.
I'll even provide professional photos of everyones' cars, since, after all, that is what I do for a living.
:-)

-Tod
FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2008 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the late notice, but scattered thunderstorms caused this meet to be pushed to Aug 12th.

Greg
gladiator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2008 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gladiatorSend a Private Message to gladiatorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have a meet on August 12th? When and where? I don't have anything in my inbox at home and there's nothing in PM.

Could you confirm that you received my email? I just want to be sure I sent it to the right address.

Thanks
Gary
Indiana_resto_guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2008 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

Sorry for the late notice, but scattered thunderstorms caused this meet to be pushed to Aug 12th.

Greg

First I have heard of this.
On a Tuesday?
Where?
FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2008 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the late notice... I meant to update this thread. My initial e-mail evidentally never got sent before my computer shut-down.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/071969.html#p1

Hopefully some of you can make it!

Greg
JDZFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2008 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JDZFIEROSend a Private Message to JDZFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent email.
Thanks!!
PFF
System Bot
Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2008 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The track is closed tonight (Tuesday). So, don't go.

Also, I spoke with Greg today and we are looking for a good location to meet for our 1st meeting.
The idea of the meeting is to simply get together, say hello, maybe have lunch or dinner, and then decide on where we need to go next with the club.

PLEASE, leave a quick post here to signify what side of Indy you live on and where would be a good/conveient place to meet (i.e. Castleton, Broadripple, Greenwood, Pyramids, etc...)

Thanks, guys. Hopefully we'll get this thing rolling again.

-Tod

Indiana_resto_guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2008 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm south, (look left at the posting) and like HOOTERS!!!
Any location is fine.
gladiator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2008 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gladiatorSend a Private Message to gladiatorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm out east (Washington Square area). Hooters sounds like a good place. Greenwood and Castleton are about the same distance for me.

Do you have any idea when you want to meet up?

Gary
Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2008 04:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post08-13-2008 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Figured this had died out from lack of interest, but if we are still on track for reforming someting here in central Indiana be sure to count me in.

Ill send my details via email later tonight.

EDIT: I'm down just south of Greenwood.

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 08-13-2008).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post08-13-2008 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by Ayrow:

I can do the website for you, if you wish.
I'll even provide professional photos of everyones' cars, since, after all, that is what I do for a living.

-Tod

Since my decent looking daily driver is now dead, can you work miracles make my beatup project car look nice?
Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2008 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Since my decent looking daily driver is now dead, can you work miracles make my beatup project car look nice?

Send me a pic. I'll Photochop the hell out of it.

=)

Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post08-14-2008 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ayrow:

Send me a pic. I'll Photochop the hell out of it.

=)

Heh

Tho all kidding aside, i hope to manage to swap bodies between my cars so i wont have to re-do any body repairs from the PO, and only need to pain the rear deck-lid ( faded a bit, and i want to stick a vent on it anyway ).

But i have to manage to find the time, and figure out how to get it all off without breaking it.

And once thats done, the daily driver that blew the engine will be "free to a good home".
FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2008 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Heh

Tho all kidding aside, i hope to manage to swap bodies between my cars so i wont have to re-do any body repairs from the PO, and only need to pain the rear deck-lid ( faded a bit, and i want to stick a vent on it anyway ).

But i have to manage to find the time, and figure out how to get it all off without breaking it.

And once thats done, the daily driver that blew the engine will be "free to a good home".

I call dibs on the freebie.

Greg

Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post08-15-2008 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I call dibs on the freebie.

Greg

If you know how to *safely* remove a body it will become available even faster
PFF
System Bot
G-Man

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is anybody going to name a date and time?

Gary
FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by G-Man:

Is anybody going to name a date and time?

Gary

Okay guys and gals, lets set something up for next Friday, 6pm at a northside location along 465. Next one will be on the southside. Norm has my Fiero to get it ready for Fierorama. I'd like to discuss a cruise to Fierorama, a photoshoot courtesy of Ayrow, direction of the club, and obviously meet people and listen to Fiero stories.

I'm looking for a good Castleton, Nora, or Townshipline location. Let's hear your ideas!

Greg
G-Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hooters works for me but I'm open.

Anyone?

Gary
G-Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, I re-read your post. Did you mean Friday August 29 or Friday, September 5?

Gary

[This message has been edited by G-Man (edited 08-28-2008).]

FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2008 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by G-Man:

OK, I re-read your post. Did you mean Friday August 29 or Friday, September 5?

Gary

I ended up dropping my Fiero off at Norm's to get ready for Fierorama. So let's vote to meet at one of the following places that will be large enough to hang out for a bit on Sept. 5th.

1. Shapiro's in Carmel, IN.
2. Hooters in Castleton
3. Cheesburger in Paradise, 96th + SR 37/I-69.
4. GT South's BBQ at SR 37 and 71st St.
5. Jimmy John's (E 96th St, Townshipline Rd, Castleton, Nora, etc)

Or... Meet at Kingpin's off SR 37 and 131st, or Woodland Bowl and get some lanes?

Feel free to add ideas, or cast your vote!

Greg

[This message has been edited by FieroGTguy (edited 08-29-2008).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post08-31-2008 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did we ever work out some way of notifying everyone? Having to look on here every day and hope you don't miss a thread will mean some people always get left out.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post08-31-2008 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

I ended up dropping my Fiero off at Norm's to get ready for Fierorama. So let's vote to meet at one of the following places that will be large enough to hang out for a bit on Sept. 5th.

1. Shapiro's in Carmel, IN.
2. Hooters in Castleton
3. Cheesburger in Paradise, 96th + SR 37/I-69.
4. GT South's BBQ at SR 37 and 71st St.
5. Jimmy John's (E 96th St, Townshipline Rd, Castleton, Nora, etc)

Or... Meet at Kingpin's off SR 37 and 131st, or Woodland Bowl and get some lanes?

Feel free to add ideas, or cast your vote!

Greg

Don't forget we have a lot of places down on the south-side as well, and everything is pretty easy to get to off of I65.
FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2008 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't forget we have a lot of places down on the south-side as well, and everything is pretty easy to get to off of I65.

We will be alternating North and southside locations. Since most of them were on the southside Hooters before, we hope to see some southside people for the first meet that make the drive to encourage northside people to do the same. We'll be fair to mid-point east and west locations as well.

I'll also send out a mass e-mail to all members once a time and location is set. This thread is just to contribute to the first northside location, because I at least want the people from the southside to have a place to meet at that they like if they are doing the bulk of the driving. Maybe we should split the club into sectors, and the Eastside people choose the location for the westside meet, northside for the southside, and vise-versa?

Hope that helps,
Greg
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post09-01-2008 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We will be alternating North and southside locations. Since most of them were on the southside Hooters before, we hope to see some southside people for the first meet that make the drive to encourage northside people to do the same. We'll be fair to mid-point east and west locations as well.

I'll also send out a mass e-mail to all members once a time and location is set. This thread is just to contribute to the first northside location, because I at least want the people from the southside to have a place to meet at that they like if they are doing the bulk of the driving. Maybe we should split the club into sectors, and the Eastside people choose the location for the westside meet, northside for the southside, and vise-versa?

Hope that helps,
Greg

I plan on showing, so there is one representative of the south side that will be there. Tho depending on the time, it may not be in my Fiero. I rarely drive it to work so id have to factor in the time to go get it.

We also have a free firing range down here Tho i think they close it at the end of next month for the winter.

( i assume you got my details in email a while ago , if not ill resend )
Lilchief

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2008 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who all is going to fierorama and where are you staying. I was thinking about going up early Saturday stopping at Archie's and then to the host hotel. All depends on funds and weather.

------------------

85 GT 3.4
14.9 @ 90 1.9 60' Old TH125/3.06
Unknown New 4T60/3.42

PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post09-03-2008 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lilchief:

Who all is going to fierorama and where are you staying. I was thinking about going up early Saturday stopping at Archie's and then to the host hotel. All depends on funds and weather.

I tapped my 'extra' money out on the 25th, but i might make it next year.
G-Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2008 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Less than two days to go and no one has cast a vote for a location. You have my suggestion: Castleton Hooters, 6pm.

Anything in Castleton if fine with me though. I'm working at Lawrence North HS on Friday so Hoots is about 5 minutes away.

Gary
FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2008 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay All,

Here it is... We are moving it back to Saturday because after work on Friday, I'm going on a 6 hour round trip to Norm's Fiberglass to get my Fiero GT. I'd hate to show up to the first meet empty handed! Some may miss this because of the Fierorama festivities at Archie's and plans for a hotel stay, but I'm guessing not too many. I will be headed up to the show EARLY sunday morning. If anyone is interested in cruising with me to the show, you're more than welcome!

First meet will be Saturday at 5pm at GT South's BBQ off 75th st just west of SR 37 (on the North side of 75th). There is a small/med size parking lot to check out eachothers rides, but no Fiero is necessary. An e-mail to all will go out tomorrow evening. If you DO NOT receive one, please PM me here or e-mail FieroGTguy@aol.com.

This time can be tweaked a little earlier evening, lunch time, or whatever works best for everyone until the e-mail is sent. So please post here if a change is requested, or RSVP here if it sounds good.

Thanks all,
Greg
squisher86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2008 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for squisher86SESend a Private Message to squisher86SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, it's going to be hard to hang out tomorrow (Don't know how I missed this thread before!) but you can put me on the mailing list for events.

I might even be able to organize one every now and then (Southern IN cruises? I've done one, maybe a fall cruise through Brown Co. this year?)

Anywho, emailing info
Lilchief

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2008 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guess I'm headed for fierorama saturday morning, will be going threw Indy 7-8 a.m., if anybody wants to tag along. Just look for a nasty red (faded) 85gt with a black nose. wish me luck.

------------------

85 GT 3.4
14.9 @ 90 1.9 60' Old TH125/3.06
Unknown New 4T60/3.42

G-Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2008 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unless the wife decides she wants the whole family to go to GT Souths for her birthday, I probably won't make it.

Maybe next time.

Gary
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post09-05-2008 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
saturday works for me. better then friday.
greengoblin0129

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2008 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i haven't drove a fiero for a good 4 months now, but planning on building another one this winter I'll be rollin in the G6... still pontiac at least haha
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post09-06-2008 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't see any email yet, are we still on for this evening?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock