ATTN New England Fiero People!!! by chucks85fastback
Started on: 02-23-2009 08:49 AM
Replies: 17 (383 views)
Last post by: Jrgicehc on 04-16-2009 05:34 PM
chucks85fastback

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chucks85fastbackClick Here to visit chucks85fastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to chucks85fastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://www.uconncarclub.com
uconncarclub@gmail.com

The UConn Car Club would like to invite you to be a part of our 6th Annual Spring Car Show, on Sunday, April 19th. Unfortunately this year we do not have an extra date set aside for rain. The show will be on no matter the weather.

What you need to know:

W-Lot Commuter Parking Lot on the Storrs Campus
Directly off Storrs Rd (rt. 195)
Storrs CT, 06269
(see map below)

Hours:
Gates open @ 9:30 am
Registration closes @ 12:00 pm
Gates close when the parking lot capacity has been reached
Trophies by 2:00-3:00 pm

Price:
Free to spectators
$10 dollars to show

Parking:
There will be no pre-registration. If your group would like to park together; arrive early and drive in together as a group. The first map attached below lists parking lots in the area and their locations so you can meet as a group before arriving at the show to drive in together.

Competitions/Events:
Loudest
We MAY have scales available to weigh and corner weight vehicles

Bragging Rights
For those who have yet to see one of our shows, we tend to amass some of the greatest diversity of cars in one place. Anyone who has been to a previous show can attest there's something for everyone, including Classics, Domestics, Imports, Euros and even Supercars. All makes, models and price ranges of vehicles are welcome.

Trophies:
Classes are listed below. There will be a 1st place and runner up for each category. We are debating a 3rd place trophy as well due to the large number of entrants.

1980 and Newer

Import FWD
Import RWD
Import AWD

Euro FWD
Euro RWD
Euro AWD

Supercar/Exotic Sports Car

Domestic Muscle
Domestic Tuner

Truck/SUV Street
Off Road

Supercar/Exotic Sports Cars

2/3 Wheelers

Pre-1980

Original
Resto-Mod
Hot Rod

Specialty Awards

Sleeper
Best Club (Quality)
Club Participation (Attendance)
UC3 Choice
Type R

Note: Best Club Participation Club Award goes to the club with the most participating members. Best Club Award will be awarded to the club that UC3 deems to have the highest quality entrants in respect to the quality of the cars and the attitude of its members. The Type R award goes to the most ridiculously modded car. Bring your cardboard body kits!

We Need Your Input
Have any ideas for our show? Anything from previous shows you would like included or excluded? Any questions, concerns or comments for us? Please let us know! We have a forum setup on our website where you can discuss anything show related WITHOUT having to register. Just follow the link here and enter the password which is UC3. You can also find the planning forum at the top of our forum page here. The only way to make our show better is from the input we get and we'll do our best to incorporate as many ideas as possible.

Other Mentionables:
- The parking lot has a maximum capacity of around 600 cars. Once the parking lot is full, THE GATES WILL BE CLOSED. No ifs, ands, or buts. Plan accordingly and it should not be a problem.
- Arrive with the people you want to park with. There will not be any room to leave empty parking spaces open. (see pics below for parking lots outside of the show that you can meet prior to arrival)
- Judging will be done by the attendees and will begin at exactly Noon. Those who arrive past Noon will not be allowed to register for judging.
- We will have porta-potties within the show as well as food and background music.

Sponsors/Vendors
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or vendor, please contact the club for further details by email at uconncarclub@gmail.com
Space is limited but arrangements can be made.

Please forward any further questions or comments also to uconncarclub@gmail.com

Thank you and we hope to see you there!
-UC3

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by chucks85fastback (edited 03-04-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
chucks85fastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chucks85fastbackClick Here to visit chucks85fastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to chucks85fastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's actually the 6th annual, the banner is wrong.
chucks85fastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2009 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chucks85fastbackClick Here to visit chucks85fastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to chucks85fastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I just updated the master post so everything is correct now.
Jrgicehc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should be there, i know a few people went last year, how was it?
chucks85fastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chucks85fastbackClick Here to visit chucks85fastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to chucks85fastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
there were 5 or 6 fieros from NEFA last year, just expect the show to be about half subarus and hondas (unfortunately). there usually is a good number of classics and a few exotics show up too.
SwiftFiero28

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SwiftFiero28Send a Private Message to SwiftFiero28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i will be there with my fiero. is there going to be a meet before hand to go as a group?
chucks85fastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chucks85fastbackClick Here to visit chucks85fastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to chucks85fastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
last year some of us met up down the road so we could park together. i might not this time because i will have to help out at the show.
Duke_On_Fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2009 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Duke_On_FireSend a Private Message to Duke_On_FireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can count me in for this one =]

------------------

84 2m4

GMEFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2009 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GMEFieroSend a Private Message to GMEFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll try and make it my car may not be ready but I will try and show up.
chucks85fastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2009 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chucks85fastbackClick Here to visit chucks85fastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to chucks85fastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
glad to see that people are interested. if you want to park together i would recommend meeting somewhere close by (such as CVS), and driving to the lot together. also if it's a nice day the lot could fill up by 11 or 12.
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2009 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so where should we meet and when guys?
PFF
System Bot
Duke_On_Fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Duke_On_FireSend a Private Message to Duke_On_FireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jrgicehc:

so where should we meet and when guys?

I second that. Let me know for sure, it would be nice to be together. Im not too familiar with the area.

------------------

84 2m4

Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yea i dont really know the area either, is CVS a good place to meet?
chucks85fastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2009 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chucks85fastbackClick Here to visit chucks85fastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to chucks85fastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CVS is where the people who came last year met up, it's less than five minutes down the road from the lot.
I don't know where everyone is coming from but CVS is pretty close to rt 84 also.
chucks85fastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chucks85fastbackClick Here to visit chucks85fastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to chucks85fastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's this sunday!!!
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
after I am done with school out here in cali I will be with you guys out there in beautiful new england
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of the NEFA members are attending again this year. We plan to meet in the CVS parking lot at 11:30 a.m. and drive in together.

Gwen Randolph, NEFA President
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
chuck do you think we will still be able to get in if we meet up at 11:30? is that too late?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock