Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  NTFC, large AER Car Show sign-up and details thread. May 2nd! (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
NTFC, large AER Car Show sign-up and details thread. May 2nd! by blakeinspace
Started on: 01-27-2009 11:56 AM
Replies: 57 (1347 views)
Last post by: Will-Martin on 05-21-2009 10:04 AM
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the honor of voting me to serve another term as NTFC President. I really enjoy our club, We have a nice and diverse group of people and do a wide range of activities. We can accomodate those that like to travel, those that like to mod, those that like to eat (like myself), and those that like to polish and show. Speaking of show...

For the past 2 years, NTFC and other Texas area Fiero owners have participated in one of Dallas's largest car shows, sponsored by AER Manufacturing and hosted by the North Texas Mustang club.

This event draws over 300 custom cars, and has many area car clubs participate... from the Shelby Cobras to Rockcrawlers... there is a wide variety in attendance... though by the end of the day, I am kinda tired of Mustangs! They also usually have a big name or two in attendance, and famous car customizer shops are represented... Foose, Rousch, and Saleen come to mind. Sometimes we get some Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders...

The proceeds of your registration go to charity, and for the past two years, many of us have won door prizes worth more than the cost of admission! You also get a shirt and goody bag.

We have 10 PAID (in advance) registrants to hold our own class. So forget about being put in Sport/Compact with the Miata's, Sol's, and Sky's. Registration is $20, and I am collecting monies now. Please make arrangements to PayPal me or mail me (cash/check/MO... whatever you want), or catch me at the Feb meeting with your entry fee, and the details for the entry form (I can fill it out and submit it for you, if you like). I will submit all forms and monies to the show organizer/NTFC liason at the Feb meeting. Remember... we've got 10 so we get our own class, and our own designated parking area!

http://www.aermanufacturing.com/events/index.html

--------------> This list will be updated as people confirm and pay <-----------------

AER Car Show Attendees / May 2nd

1) Steve Reid -- custom84cpe -- ($ PAID, entry form comp) -- black '84 T-Top with 3800sc
2) Jared -- electricfiero -- ($ PAID, entry form comp) -- black electric Fiero
3) Dave -- 2farnorth -- ($ PAID, entry form comp) -- black '85 GT?
4) Blake -- blakeinspace -- ($ PAID, entry form comp) -- yellow Formula
5) Zac -- DCRFiero1 -- ($ PAID, entry form comp) -- black
6) Jim -- DCRFiero2 -- ($ PAID, entry form comp) -- red 3800sc
7) Jim East -- Fierosmith -- ($ arrangements made, entry form comp) -- '84
8) Tom -- Tom Slick -- ($ PAID, entry form comp) -- ?
9) Bryan Hodges -- Jarhead2m4 -- (need both) -- White 87 GT
10) Joe -- josef644 -- ($ PAID, entry form comp) -- 1986 Silver 2m4
11) Steve -- iwannaIRM -- ($ PAID, entry form comp) -- blue coupe/GT

I know am leaving a few off... Anyway, y'all reply and we'll keep the list updated as needed!
Thanks!

(last year's thread)
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/070724.html

----
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?

-edit- WE HAVE 10~!!! thanks guys for resigtering early! The list has been updated.

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 05-01-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

This event draws over 300 100 custom cars & 200 mustangs, and has many area car clubs participate... from the Shelby Cobras to Rockcrawlers... there is a wide variety in attendance... though by the end of the day, I am kinda tired of Mustangs!

I know am leaving a few off... (Tom?... i forgot if you said yay or nay...) Anyway, y'all reply and we'll keep the list updated as needed!
Thanks!

----

i haven't decided

------------------
www.northtexasfieroclub.org

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2009 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice sig there Tom!

I sent an email out the club today, nearly identical to the info here.
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2009 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to plan on coming, but right now can't commit. Sorry.
I don't see a problem making it, but you know if I say I will make it something will come up.

Also - Mr Prez - Is there any plans (or is it even happening?) for Laps for Charity at TMS?
DCRFiero1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2009 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey put both me and my dad down as we will bring both of our Fieros. We will have the money for you at the Feb. meeting.

Zach
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2009 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice sig there Tom!

I sent an email out the club today, nearly identical to the info here.

thanks...

go ahead and put me down for the car show.

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 02-03-2009).]

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2009 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blake, I dont know if I will get to attend the AER, but I will pay and enter so we can get out own class. I'll get with you about the end of this month to send you Pay-Pal.

I just looked at our projected work schedule, and it shows me off that day.

Joe Crawford

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 02-03-2009).]

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested. Blake let me know what info you need to sign me up.
CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK - put me down. Nothing on my calendar. Hoping that I will be able to make it.

Blake - I will get you the entry fee at Spring Fling unless you need it earlier (you know that there may be a reason to meet up in Stephenville for lunch very soon)

Will bring the 88 to AER....Mike's GT is still not ready to be shown. All that is needed is a paint job still...if he would just not spend the $$$ he makes it would be done by now.
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump to say that I love this time of year when all the spring shows are being scheduled and there is much to look forward to!
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post02-04-2009 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 04-14-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2009 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for posting the pics James! I see at least one pic that has some GT tails and a decklid in it!

Joe, I think we will get our ten entry minimum, so thank you for your very generous offer. If you send the reg payment... I want you to come! If you don't attend though, and still insist on paying, I will collect your goody bag and T-shirt and mail them down to you.

I will update the list, and thank you to all that are planning this far in advance. I now it's still 3 months away, but the organizers need more than just a verbal.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2009 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

blakeinspace

5923 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Originally posted by CenTexIndy:

OK - put me down. Nothing on my calendar. Hoping that I will be able to make it.

Blake - I will get you the entry fee at Spring Fling unless you need it earlier (you know that there may be a reason to meet up in Stephenville for lunch very soon)

Sounds great! About the TMS... sorry, do not have an answer for you at this point.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2009 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sounds great! About the TMS... sorry, do not have an answer for you at this point.

May 9, 2009 & Sept. 26, 2009
http://texas.speedwaycharit.../laps_for_charity_i/

------------------

Tom Slick's Garage

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 02-05-2009).]

Fierosmith

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2009 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Blake,

I sent the reg. money to you via paypal. let me know if you got it OK?

I'll send the reg form soon, or bring to the Feb. meet.

Lookin' forward to it. Should be fun!!

Jim
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2009 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blake I am about 99% sure I can make it. The guys I work with are all over 70. They do have health problems from time to time. I have to cover for them. I am gonna bring a new guy with me. Gonna make him sell his Porsche 914 and get a real car.
Joe
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierosmith:

Hi Blake,

I sent the reg. money to you via paypal. let me know if you got it OK

Jim, got it!

Joe, glad to have you aboard! I will note the list!

Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2009 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blake, PM sent
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blakie change me at the top.
Joe

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 02-21-2009).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

Blakie change me at the top.
Joe

done Made some other changes too.

Please, for those that are coming, would y'all mind getting squared up by the meeting on the 28th? AER is expecitng most of our entries by the end of the month. I REALLY appreciate it, and thanks for those that have already gotten their entries in!

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 02-21-2009).]

Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
why didn't you remind me today, i could've of paid you today.
guess i'll wait until next week.
PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2009 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We've got 10! Woot!

Thanks for the support guys, This year I plan on winning that charity Mustang... 3rd times a charm, right?
CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2009 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blake - I still need to PayPal you the fee. Or if I forget again, I will bring it to the Fling.
Sorry
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Blake - I still need to PayPal you the fee. Or if I forget again, I will bring it to the Fling.
Sorry

Same here.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2009 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry

Ok you 2... (adopts scolding voice)... I t/w you Tim... and PM'd you Brian... shame shame!

Guys, just print the form off this link, and mail them a check. If that doesn't work out for you... then you can wait until the day of... but WARNING... they ran out of shirts last year, so pre-reg is probably a better idea.

edit, add link
http://www.aermanufacturing.com/events/index.html

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 03-18-2009).]

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2009 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not sure if my car will be ready but I will send in the entry fee if it is not too late. Stephen is doing my 3800 SC swap but he is very very busy and I don't want to rush perfection.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2009 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1 month... get those cars shined!
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2009 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

can you shine dirt?

------------------

My Cars For Sale

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2009 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
May join in on the F-body cruise but not here. Going to an old tradition. Pate swap meet 30th-3rd. I will try making it to AER to support fellow Fiero owners. Been going to Pate since 1973 when it started. Can't afford those type of cars anymore but it is fun to attend. Took my kids and now my grandkids. In case I don't make it to AER, good luck to all!
Steve

------------------
Why fight to be accepted by people you don't actually want to be like?

Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2009 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm just hoping the weather is good enough..... and the scenery is as ... uhem.. bountiful as last year...

Gonna make sure my mirrors are extra shiny this year.... (best part of my car) J/K

F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do not think I ever paid you. I need to talk with you about a caravan to San Antonio Friday morning also.
PFF
System Bot
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2009 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Blake what are the plans for meeting up and going all togeather, or should I ask next week. I know the S.A. show is this weekend. I can only make one of the two. I have already paid for this one, so it was the winner. I got my 2009 registration and reinstated my insurance for my 86 Coupe today. Might wash it one day this week.
Joe
CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2009 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will not be making this after all....
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Show registration is from 0800-1100...

I recall last year that by the time we met at Pappas BBQ, got gas, and then caravaned to AER... we arrived at 0845 or so... and it was like car Mardi Gras. Hundreds there, and it took about 15 mins or so to creep our way to our little niche. Madness. Then by the time we got parked and registered... they had already started running out of shirts, and some of the same day registrants missed out...

Typing all that to say...

We are going to try to get there earlier this time. Let's plan on an 0730 depart time from Pappas, and then the 15-30 min drive to AER. Hopefully it will be less chaotic this go 'round. If you cannot make 0730... no big deal, just come when you can.

I think this year our little Fiero niche will be off the main show circuit in one of the side lots between building. That's fine by me... it will probably be a lot easier to get in and out of. May get less foot traffic, but have more room. We'll see. We learn something every year we attend this, and each one just gets that much easier/better!

See y'all Saturday. 0730. Pappas BBQ.
(or just meet us there, directions in the link on the first post)

------------------

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Blake. Since I have never been in Carrolton,I'll be there at Pappas BBQ Sat morning.
Joe
Custom84cp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2009 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom84cpSend a Private Message to Custom84cpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will meet yall at the Racetrac gas station (Hwy 35, beltline) at 7:45, I will bring the Tent.
Who has the banner??
Thanks.. Steve
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2009 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom84cp:

I will meet yall at the Racetrac gas station (Hwy 35, beltline) at 7:45, I will bring the Tent.
Who has the banner??
Thanks.. Steve

The Pres has the banner.

edit:
Since Ft.Worth has close all schools and cancelled Mayfest. what are the chances that AER will cancel
due to the impending Flu epidemic or should i come prepared with my mask.

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 04-30-2009).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2009 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not going to make the trip. Blake get my shirt for me, 1 XL., any color is fine. One of the guys here had a problem with his Cancer treatment, and has been hospitalized for a few days. I have to cover his spot.
See you guys sometime later this year
Joe Crawford
mach1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2009 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mach1Send a Private Message to mach1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK Folks, here is the details;

The fiero club will park at 1810 at the company called “ FERRINI USA, Inc. “.

This is located directly across the street from the entry way near the show trophies area.
There is even covered parking.
Park all fieros in the right side parking lot to this building.
There is lots of trees and shade.

See you there around lunch time.

I am busy working at the other building down the street, will join you guys at lunch time.

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2009 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
covered parking?... surely you are not talking about where the Shelby's park!?
Hey... we're cool... but we're not Shelby cool...

Joe, I will pick up your shirt for you... same for you Dave, I am sorry to get your PM that you can't go.

Dave, what is your last name?... I am failing here...

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 05-01-2009).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock