Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  The Fiero Factory Swap Meet, who's going this year? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Fiero Factory Swap Meet, who's going this year? by blackrams
Started on: 02-10-2009 01:50 PM
Replies: 144 (2647 views)
Last post by: TopNotch on 04-27-2009 10:24 AM
brokeagain

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2009 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brokeagainSend a Private Message to brokeagainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I missed it last year but i will be there this year wether it is in a fiero or not.
IP: Logged
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2009 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
South on I 65 to exit 1 of TN. Watch for the trail of smoke.

Ron

What kind of smoke?

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2009 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The smoke you get when you do a burnout.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2009 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1MohrFiero:
What kind of smoke?

Originally posted by mattwa:

The smoke you get when you do a burnout.

Close, diesels under wide open throttle tend to smoke a bit.

Actually, I'll try very hard to stay within legal guidlines.

Ron

1MohrFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2009 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wasn't sure if you meant Fiero smoke or Cheech and Chong type smoke. You know that Fiero people get nervous when you mention smoke. I talked to Jennifer last night. She plans to be at the swap meet but is not sure if it will be Fri- Sat or Sat- Sun.
FieroG97J

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2009 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Be there, or be square - as they say.

dk

P.S. As some of you may know, Ed Parks has had a lot of serious health problems this past year. He might just up and retire on us, so if you all want to kiss him goodbye, you'd better make the trip.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2009 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wasn't sure if you meant Fiero smoke or Cheech and Chong type smoke. You know that Fiero people get nervous when you mention smoke. I talked to Jennifer last night. She plans to be at the swap meet but is not sure if it will be Fri- Sat or Sat- Sun.

Realizing that you don't know me, let me be perfectly clear on this, diesel smoke. There are no other options.

Ron
1MohrFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2009 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Realizing that you don't know me, let me be perfectly clear on this, diesel smoke. There are no other options.

Ron

Sorry no offense meant. I was just trying to use a little humor.

Dwayne

[This message has been edited by 1MohrFiero (edited 02-13-2009).]

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2009 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroG97J:

As some of you may know, Ed Parks has had a lot of serious health problems this past year. He might just up and retire on us, so if you all want to kiss him goodbye, you'd better make the trip.

Do you mean this could be the LAST swap meet? "Maybe"?

(That's a reference to how they used to always say it was "The _th and maybe last Swap Meet")

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 02-14-2009).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2009 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, at your age, we're happy if you just make it to the next one.

Watch out, Ron.
I might just have to ram your wheelchair with mine and have done with it.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im going to try to make it, but i'm also trying to get my bills paid down ( damned economy ) so i may have to wait until 2010 to get back down there.
PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nurb432

33616 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by FieroG97J:

Be there, or be square - as they say.

dk

P.S. As some of you may know, Ed Parks has had a lot of serious health problems this past year. He might just up and retire on us, so if you all want to kiss him goodbye, you'd better make the trip.

Eeek. He's a great guy, i hope he comes out of it.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If Ed retires then we make the pilgramage annually, hold our own swap meet, and visit/hold a party for the retired guy!!!!
VFR182

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VFR182Send a Private Message to VFR182Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whats the dates again?
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm planning to be there, but hopefully I will.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VFR182:

whats the dates again?

Originally posted by Fiero Factory
The Fiero Factory 11th Annual Swap Meet

Come join the Fiero Factory and other assorted good friends for our 11th annual swap meet. Bring parts to sell or trade, come to buy parts, or simply come to hang out and bench race. This year's dates are Friday, April 24th through Sunday, April 26th 2008.

Anyone with Fiero parts to sell or who are looking to buy are encouraged to attend. There is no charge to attend the swap meet, and the Fiero Factory will not compete with your sales. The Fiero Factory staff will only sell parts to attendees if they are unable to find what they are looking for at the swap meet.

Vendors are encouraged to attend as well. Again, there is no charge for setup. We do ask that you phone or email in advance with your desired space requirements so that we can accomodate you.
http://www.thefierofactory.com/swapmeet.php

Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to try and make it. It looks to be about an eight hour drive from Indianapolis. Not sure i feel comfortable driving my GT that far
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ayrow:

I am going to try and make it. It looks to be about an eight hour drive from Indianapolis. Not sure i feel comfortable driving my GT that far

Well, if you want to hook up with some of us in KY, I'm sure there will be opportunity. I normally go down Friday morning, return Sunday Morning.

Ron
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2009 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry no offense meant. I was just trying to use a little humor.

Dwayne

Dwayne,
I was not offended, I also appreciate a little humor. See you at Fiero Factory.

Ron
Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2009 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if I will make it this year or not. The high price of gas, etc. has really hit my wallet hard. I just Googled the trip and priced it all out. It's going to be a stretch to drive the 9.5 miles over there. We'll see ... LOL

------------------

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2009 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boomtastic:

I don't know if I will make it this year or not. The high price of gas, etc. has really hit my wallet hard. I just Googled the trip and priced it all out. It's going to be a stretch to drive the 9.5 miles over there. We'll see ... LOL

Tell you what, if you can find the gas money to get there, I'll take up a collection to get you gas to make it back home, I figure about a penny person in attendance should do it.

Ron
PFF
System Bot
Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tell you what, if you can find the gas money to get there, I'll take up a collection to get you gas to make it back home, I figure about a penny person in attendance should do it.

Ron

I just checked - it's .08 to get me back. LOL That's figuring my worst gas mileage (22) and at $2/gal. Figures taken from here:

http://www.milesgallon.com/...miles_to_gallons.php <- Good site for those planning trips!! See, value added to thread! LOL
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boomtastic:

I just checked - it's .08 to get me back. LOL That's figuring my worst gas mileage (22) and at $2/gal. Figures taken from here:

http://www.milesgallon.com/...miles_to_gallons.php <- Good site for those planning trips!! See, value added to thread! LOL

An informal survey indicates that you may have to come up with at least half of your return fuel costs. What can I say, times are tight.

Ron
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is Ms. Lori going to be there?
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Is Ms. Lori going to be there?

Always has been, works there.

Ron
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Moving to Events.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Cliff.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could be wrong on this but I'm getting a feeling that folks aren't going to check the events category unless they are specifically looking for information or wanting to post something. That would unfortunately mean that getting folks interested in the Swap Meet, the 25th Anniversary Show or your local show (as an example) that didn't already know about it will go un-noticed and unknown.

The two threads that are here haven't moved at all since getting into this section.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 02-18-2009).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It will take some time for people to get used to the new location. If you want, you can post a link to this thread in GFC. For the time being I'll allow that.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,
Thanks for the reply. This thread may have run its course. The reason for my comment was that neither thread has moved or been added to. Heck, maybe both threads are not of enough interest to have anyone comment. I don't believe I should post in GFC, folks will start looking here or they won't. Regardless, thanks again.

Memo for Record: # of Views as of this posting, 881.
Just trying to ascertain if anyone is actually coming to this section.

Ron

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ron, look at how many events topics there are in the first page of the General section at any given time. Once Cliff starts moving them over, it WILL be noticed. I think we - all of us - will eventually get accustomed to having them in a separate place. It will just become a new section that we each add to our forum-surfing habits.
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure hope so, thanks for the response. I really do like this idea.

Ron

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
People will use this section. Unfortunately for me, both of the events are not really practical for me. I would love to make it, but I don't think I will have the time to make that kind of a trip down there from Wisconsin, nor do I think I will have the kind of time commitment for the GAS tour. When the dells comes around though........

EDIT: SWEET!!!! I top posted an entire section of the forum!!!!

[This message has been edited by 86fierofun (edited 02-20-2009).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2009 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:
EDIT: SWEET!!!! I top posted an entire section of the forum!!!!

925 views.

Ron
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where'd everyone go?

Ron
2Fast2Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Fast2FieroSend a Private Message to 2Fast2FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
where is the swap meet location?

------------------
Mister I Dont Play Around!!!

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2Fast2Fiero:

where is the swap meet location?

The Fiero Factory
8710B Highway 53
Toney, AL 35773

Their phone number is 256-420-5391, M-F 8AM to 5PM Central.

Their email address is fierofactory (at) juno (dot) com.

Here is their website: http://www.thefierofactory.com/swapmeet.php

Most attendees stay in Huntsville. The host hotel is the Quality Inn, 3788 University Drive Huntsville, AL 35805. They can be reached directly at (256) 533-3291 or (800) 221-2222.
------------------
Follow me for GAS
------------------

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 03-10-2009).]

labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just made a visit to the Fiero Factory Monday to chat w/ Ed and tp pick up a few much needed's for my 86GT. I've known about the swap meet for the past few years but have never been able to make it. This year i've planned ahead and am definately going to be there. Won't be cruising in a Fiero though since both are under construction right now so the Ford Ranger will have to do. I'm looking foward to the meet and hope to see a big turnout.....after all, this could be the last
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2009 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made my reservations today. It is listed as a Quality Inn rather than a Comfort Inn, although I could access the motel through the Comfort Inn web site. Not many rooms seem to be left uaing the AAA rate. I'll be coming up Thursday for an easy drive. Dragon wants to haul azz coming up Friday, and I'm not into hauling anymore.
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Apparently I'm going....
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock