Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Is it time to cancel the Right Angle of Geometry? No biggie. Who wants to be Square?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is it time to cancel the Right Angle of Geometry? No biggie. Who wants to be Square? by rinselberg
Started on: 03-03-2021 03:43 AM
Replies: 14 (272 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 03-06-2021 04:02 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2021 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hyatt Hotels said it's taking claims the CPAC stage was inspired by a Nazi rune 'very seriously' and called hate symbols 'abhorrent'

The stage that was set up at the Hyatt Hotel in Orlando for the 2021 Conservative Political Action Conference or "CPAC" where former President Trump made his first high profile public appearance since becoming former President Trump is being likened to an Odal Rune: an emblem that was part of Nazi SS iconology from World War Two and used as a collar tab insignia on the military-style uniforms of certain SS personnel.

Matt Schlapp, the head of the American Conservative Union, tweeted on Saturday in response to the criticism of the stage, describing "conspiracies" about the design as "outrageous and slanderous."

Sinéad Baker for Business Insider; also provided by Yahoo! News for March 1, 2021. Includes photographs.
https://news.yahoo.com/hyat...laims-110611364.html

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-03-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post03-04-2021 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Sinéad Baker for Business Insider; also provided by Yahoo! News for March 1, 2021. Includes photographs.

Without your instruction I wouldn't have known of this nazi rune. Do you plan on disseminating anymore nazi information here?
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Goes well with the other big news of the day; Amazon scraps a logo that some said "looks like Hitler".

https://www.newser.com/stor...ked-like-hitler.html
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Isn't it strange that everything is racist EXCEPT the blatantly racist agenda, words and actions of blm.
I have a question, has anything other than white businesses, books, songs, actors, politicians, inventions, art,.............. been deemed racist? How about canceled? Yes some people who are not white have been canceled, but what is the ratio?
Why is so much hate for white people overlooked, accepted, permitted, and promoted?
If America is serious about dealing with racism, we need to address each and every REAL case of racism and STOP the STUPIDITY of false accusations. We need to address REAL racism no matter what color the people are and face the truth about racism,........ALL RACISTS ARE WRONG no matter what color the racist is or who the racist hates. Racist come in EVERY color NOT exclusively white.
This insanity of current American culture is going to cause more damage than the game modelers planned on. The number of actual white racists is FAR less than the game modelers are accusing and thus a lot of people are falsely victimized with the label, scarlet letter of being racist. This current model falls just shy of calling every white person racist, based solely on the color of their skin as if that alone is the definition of racist or as if the skin color genetically predestined them to be racist.
The term systemic racism is initself racist. How,?,.. because it implies that only white people had the power to build, create, evolve the system. The systemic racism (crap) completely denies the contributions by minorities including black people. The systemic racism garbage is racist in part because the accusations are targeting white people. The systemic racism lies are racist because they do not, will not and can not accept or acknowledge the fact that minorities (people other than white) have had power to make laws and change society for many years. But systemic racism dictates that white people are to blame.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 03-04-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:
Without your instruction I wouldn't have known of this nazi rune. Do you plan on disseminating anymore nazi information here?

It's not my specific purpose. If specific Nazi or Nazi-related information comes up in the news and it particularly interests me or furthers some other story that interests me, and it's a story I want to turn into a New Topic--well, there you are. (Or would be.)
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why are Leftists so prone to APOPHENIA

The tendency of our brain to mistakenly detect patterns where they don’t exist is called ‘Apophenia’ (also called ‘patternicity’). This phenomenon makes us Leftists see connections between unrelated things and incidences of our life, and interpret them as being meaningful.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-04-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pareidolia

An excellent example of pareidolia would be a newly disappointed "ReTrumplican" from New Port Richey (FL) who frequents online message boards like this one and brings down the level of discourse with endless and endlessly delusional screeds about "Leftists" (etc.) which his malfunctioning mind perceives in every direction of the compass and in every passing moment that he contemplates, and perceives erroneously, in its deranged obliviousness to anything else of relevance except for "Leftists."

He's someone who could look upwards at the sky and imagine--as he studies what's recognizable to any sensible person as just another passing cloud--"Leftists" up to No Good.

It's hugely tiresome. I don't read his messages in any regular or systematic way, often giving myself the relief of scrolling hurriedly past as soon as I recognize it's from him. I mostly limit myself to somewhat random "compliance checks" which provide assurance for me that the Edict of August 15 is still being upheld.

My message (here) is obviously personal towards another forum member and sharply worded, but I believe it is within the range of expression that is permissible under the aforementioned Edict of August 15 or EA15 as it (may) become known around the world on the vast myriad of other social media platforms and channels.

------------------
Viva la revoluciĂ³n del 15 de agosto

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-05-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pareidolia

An excellent example of pareidolia would be a newly disappointed "Trump-lican" from New Port Richey (FL) who frequents online message boards like this one and brings down the level of discourse with endless and endlessly delusional screeds about "Leftists" (etc.) which his malfunctioning mind perceives in every direction of the compass and in every passing moment that he contemplates, and perceives erroneously, in its deranged obliviousness to anything else of relevance except for "Leftists."

He's someone who could look upwards at a passing cloud and imagine, as he studies what's recognizable to any sensible person as just another passing cloud,"Leftists" up to No Good.

It's hugely tiresome. I don't read his messages in any regular or systematic way, often giving myself the relief of scrolling hurriedly past as soon as I recognize it's from him. I mostly limit myself to somewhat random "compliance checks" which provide assurance for me that the Edict of August 15 is still being upheld.

My message (here) is obviously personal towards another forum member and sharply worded, but I believe it is within the range of expression that is permissible under the aforementioned Edict of August 15 or EA15 as it (may) become known around the world on the vast myriad of other social media platforms and channels.

Cliff Pennock will decide, not you. Good Luck.

I'm not usually so blunt, but I guess this is kind of me filling in for the recently banned 'dawg. (Boondawg.)

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-05-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Apophenia, patternicity, pareidolia --whatever terminology is relevant--is not just a "Leftist" thing. It's mostly a thing that comes from people who are too far away from "center" in either (or any) direction. To talk about it in a general way and in the same breath, single out only "Leftists"--as was the case, three messages back from this one--is misleading.

I still remember a silly kerfuffle from way back in 2010, when the U.S. Missile Defense Agency or MDA was reported to have changed the very conventional looking military-style MDA logo to something more avant-garde. This roiled the likes of Michelle Malkin and Frank Gaffney who went public with speculation that the new MDA logo (it actually wasn't that) was intended as a reminder of the Obama election campaign--and (or) an Islamic crescent "hiding in plain sight."

Those are not the words and speculations of "Leftists."

"Bloggers claim to see influence of Obama, Islam in Missile Defense Agency's new logo"
Kenneth Kesner for the Huntsville Times; February 24, 2010.
https://www.al.com/breaking..._agencys_new_lo.html

"Frank Gaffney Posits That Missile Defense Logo Is Evidence of Obama’s ‘Submission To Shariah’"
Max Bergmann for ThinkProgess; February 25, 2010.
https://archive.thinkprogre...shariah-17386118306/

"Obama's Missile Defense Logo Is Muslim!"
Heather Horn for The Atlantic; February 25, 2010.
https://www.theatlantic.com...go-is-muslim/341285/

Are "Leftists" uniquely vulnerable to the perils of promiscuous patternicity?

Hardly. This not the exception that proves the rule by any means.

Pareidolia--it's not just from "Leftists."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-04-2021).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it time to cancel the Right Angle of Geometry?

Yes. It's racist. There is no left angle.

Well there is in politics but it is wrong.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 03-05-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Is it time to cancel the Right Angle of Geometry?

Yes. It's racist. There is no left angle.

Well there is in politics but it is wrong.

It's not "racist." It's "chiralist", because it discriminates on the basis of chirality.

This is a paramount issue among the stereoisomers community, and it's very polarizing.

Left-handed stereoisomer juxtaposed with its right-handed isomeric counterpart. These are organic molecules.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-05-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2021 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:
https://www.breitbart.com/p...designed-cpac-stage/

Thanks, olejoedad.

Let me fill out the reference for that.

The stage design at CPAC 2021 was created by the Design Foundry, a firm with no discernible Alt-Right ties or connections. If anything, the firm could fairly be characterized as pro-Democratic Party and liberal-leaning or progressive-minded across the boards. A Design Foundry spox was emphatic in asserting that any resemblance between the CPAC 2021 stage design and the "odal rune" of Nazi iconography is entirely coincidental and that there is nothing that can sensibly be made of it to connect the CPAC 2021 stage design with any overt or veiled embrace by CPAC of the Alt-Right.

Hannah Bleau for Breitbart; March 3, 2021.
https://www.breitbart.com/p...designed-cpac-stage/

"Works for me, and for Big History as well.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-06-2021).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2021 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, will the voluminous volley of venomous vitriol vanquish the vexing vector?

Was the convention laid to rune?

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-06-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock