Started on: 02-27-2021 12:51 PM
Replies: 84 (1412 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 03-20-2021 02:34 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post02-27-2021 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"THINK" about these statements!!

"If I get vaccinated":

1.- Can I stop wearing the mask?
Government: No

2.- Can they reopen restaurants, pubs, bars etc and everyone work normally?

3.- Will I be resistant to covid?
Government Response - Maybe, but we don't know exactly, it probably won't stop you getting it

4.- At least I won't be contagious to others anymore?
Government Response - No, it doesn’t stop transmission.

5.- If I am vaccinated, can I stop social distancing?

6.- If I am vaccinated, can I stop disinfecting my hands?

7.- If I vaccinate myself and my grandparents, can we hug each other?

8.- Will cinemas, theatres and stadiums operate as per normal thanks to vaccines?

9.- What is the benefit of the vaccine?
Government Response - Hoping the virus won't kill you.

10.- Are you sure it won't kill me?

11.- If statistically the virus won't kill me anyway (99.7% survival rate) ... Why would I get vaccinated?"
Government Response - To protect others.

12.- So if I get vaccinated, I can protect 100% of people I come in contact with?

Can you guarantee that I won’t experience adverse affects from taking the vaccine or die from the vaccine itself?
Government Response - No
Since you’re encouraging every Canadian to get vaccinated then when people experience severe adverse reactions, long term effects (still unknown) or die from the vaccine will they or their families be compensated?
Government response: NO - the government and vaccine manufactures have 100% zero liability in experimental stages.
-How long does the vaccine last?
Government response- we aren’t sure.

So to summarize, the Covid19 vaccine...

Does not give immunity.
Does not eliminate the virus.
Does not prevent death.
Does not guarantee you won’t get it.
Does not stop you passing it on
Does not eliminate the need for travel bans.
Does not eliminate the need for business closures.
Does not eliminate the need for lockdowns.
Does not eliminate the need for masking.

That is all.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bottom line for me.....no shots and keep wearing a mask. So far so good.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

"THINK" about these statements!!

"If I get vaccinated":

1.- Can I stop wearing the mask?

Not entirely correct. Once we reach herd immunity, we can stop wearing masks. On the other hand, is it that difficult to wear one?

2.- Can they reopen restaurants, pubs, bars etc and everyone work normally?

TOTALLY incorrect.

3.- Will I be resistant to covid?
Government Response - Maybe, but we don't know exactly, it probably won't stop you getting it

Incorrect. Without the vaccine, you are 0% resistant to getting the Coronavirus unless you're one of the very few who seems to be naturally resistant. With the vaccine, you will be between 70-95% resistant. Without the vaccine, you have a 100% chance of a severe reaction to the Coronavirus. With the vaccine, the chance that you'll have a SEVERE case of the CV decreases dramatically.

4.- At least I won't be contagious to others anymore?
Government Response - No, it doesn’t stop transmission.

It will if you don't get it.

5.- If I am vaccinated, can I stop social distancing?

Again, totally incorrect. Once we have herd immunity, we can go back to what we were doing, pre CV. On the other hand, are you sure you really want to?

6.- If I am vaccinated, can I stop disinfecting my hands?

Why would this even be a concern??? If you don't wash your hands, stay away from me, CV or not.

7.- If I vaccinate myself and my grandparents, can we hug each other?

One more time, TOTALLY incorrect. My folks are in their late 70s and have been vaccinated. I'm still waiting to be vaccinated. One of the things I'm looking forward to is given them a hug once I've been vaccinated.

8.- Will cinemas, theatres and stadiums operate as per normal thanks to vaccines?

Incorrect.

9.- What is the benefit of the vaccine?
Government Response - Hoping the virus won't kill you.

At least this one is partially correct. The benefits are 2 fold. First, the vaccine should keep you either FREE of the CV. Second, if you happen to get it, your symptoms should be greatly reduced.

10.- Are you sure it won't kill me?

I'll give you this one. Even though there have been trials, there's the slim possibility that the vaccine COULD kill you. It hasn't yet and after almost 100 MILLION vaccinations, I highly doubt it will, but in theory, it could.

11.- If statistically the virus won't kill me anyway (99.7% survival rate) ... Why would I get vaccinated?"
Government Response - To protect others.

It's not just about not KILLING you. It's also about temporary or PERMANENT damage to you. Have you ever almost drowned? Some of the worst CV symptoms are similar. What's wrong with helping to keep others a bit safer? Do you hate your spouse, kids, neighbors, friends, etc?? Sure sounds like you do.

12.- So if I get vaccinated, I can protect 100% of people I come in contact with?

Of course not. And if you wear a seatbelt and get in a wreck, you're not guaranteed 100% you won't get hurt.

I don't know where you're getting your information but you might try finding a source that actually knows what they're talking about.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm ready for my shot, but I'll be damned if I am going to wait a month for the second dose.

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Covid fatigue? I hear you."

There's a new article that addresses every one of MidEngineManiac's long list of questions. It's like it was written with MidEngineManiac in mind. Since it is Covid-related content, I think anyone could access it and scroll through it without being blocked by The Atlantic's subscriber-only paywall.

This is one of the best parts, but there are many other good parts:

Sometimes, experts and the public discussion failed to emphasize that we were balancing risks, as in the recurring cycles of debate over lockdowns or school openings. We should have done more to acknowledge that there were no good options, only trade-offs between different downsides. As a result, instead of recognizing the difficulty of the situation, too many people accused those on the other side of being callous and uncaring.

And sometimes, the way that academics communicate clashed with how the public constructs knowledge. In academia, publishing is the coin of the realm, and it is often done through rejecting the null hypothesis—meaning that many papers do not seek to prove something conclusively, but instead, to reject the possibility that a variable has no relationship with the effect they are measuring (beyond chance). If that sounds convoluted, it is—there are historical reasons for this methodology and big arguments within academia about its merits, but for the moment, this remains standard practice.

At crucial points during the pandemic, though, this resulted in mistranslations and fueled misunderstandings, which were further muddled by differing stances toward prior scientific knowledge and theory. Yes, we faced a novel coronavirus, but we should have started by assuming that we could make some reasonable projections from prior knowledge, while looking out for anything that might prove different. That prior experience should have made us mindful of seasonality, the key role of overdispersion, and aerosol transmission. A keen eye for what was different from the past would have alerted us earlier to the importance of presymptomatic transmission.

Thus, on January 14, 2020, the WHO stated that there was “no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission.” It should have said, “There is increasing likelihood that human-to-human transmission is taking place, but we haven’t yet proven this, because we have no access to Wuhan, China.” (Cases were already popping up around the world at that point.) Acting as if there was human-to-human transmission during the early weeks of the pandemic would have been wise and preventive.

Later that spring, WHO officials stated that there was “currently no evidence that people who have recovered from COVID-19 and have antibodies are protected from a second infection,” producing many articles laden with panic and despair. Instead, it should have said: “We expect the immune system to function against this virus, and to provide some immunity for some period of time, but it is still hard to know specifics because it is so early.”

Similarly, since the vaccines were announced, too many statements have emphasized that we don’t yet know if vaccines prevent transmission. Instead, public-health authorities should have said that we have many reasons to expect, and increasing amounts of data to suggest, that vaccines will blunt infectiousness, but that we’re waiting for additional data to be more precise about it. That’s been unfortunate, because while many, many things have gone wrong during this pandemic, the vaccines are one thing that has gone very, very right.

"5 Pandemic Mistakes We Keep Repeating"
Zeynep Tufekci for The Atlantic; February 26, 2021.
https://www.theatlantic.com...ng-backfired/618147/

Zeynep Tufekci is a contributing writer at The Atlantic and an associate professor at the University of North Carolina. She studies the interaction between digital technology, artificial intelligence, and society.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-27-2021).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I'm ready for my shot, but I'll be damned if I am going to wait a month for the second dose.

Lisa wants to know if that will make you pickle goat.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Lisa wants to know if that will make you pickle goat.

Is she from India?
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2021 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Couple of things:

1 - The masks prevent essentially all face recognition and detection capabilities that FBI and DHS have throughout the country. For good or bad... that's up for you to decide.
2 - The state of Florida has eliminated all mask mandates, and every single COVID restriction. They are wildly successful, and other states are failing while Florida is kicking ass (as usual)
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2021 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MEM, IMSA GT, 82-T/A [At Work]---You guys (and others who think like you) are the reason why we've had 500k CV related deaths in the US. Congratulations! Job well done. /smh/
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2021 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

MEM, IMSA GT, 82-T/A [At Work]---You guys (and others who think like you) are the reason why we've had 500k CV related deaths in the US. Congratulations! Job well done. /smh/

Monkeyman, you (and others who think like you) are the reason why we had internment camps, the KKK, the 380k killed in the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Eugenics, 1.2 million abortions every year, 20+ trillion in national debt, poor people, and people shitting in the streets in San Francisco. I see your 500k and raise you all the black people you killed.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post02-28-2021 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My friend is a covid death statistic. A false one. She was as good a person as you could hope to meet. But grossly obese, diabetic (an untreated diabetic), had a weight related heart condition, wouldn't seek medical attention until she couldn't walk across the room due to shortness of breath (pneumonia) and refused to be transported to the premier regional covid hospital when available, refused to be intubated and requested a "do not resuscitate" protocol.
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2021 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Monkeyman, you (and others who think like you) are the reason why we had internment camps, the KKK, the 380k killed in the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Eugenics, 1.2 million abortions every year, 20+ trillion in national debt, poor people, and people shitting in the streets in San Francisco. I see your 500k and raise you all the black people you killed.

I'll respond only because you're know nothing about me. I had nothing to do with internment camps, I'm in no way a part of the KKK, I wasn't even born during the WWII, I'm FIRMLY AGAINST abortions, etc, etc. Honestly, I don't even know what you're talking about. YOU (and others who think like you) are one of the reasons why the US has 500,000 deaths. You can't look beyond your own selfishness. Good for you, I guess. As long as people like you don't get around people like me (and my family and friends), I don't care. You no longer matter.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2021 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Monkeyman

15809 posts
Member since Nov 1999

Originally posted by sourmash:

My friend is a covid death statistic. A false one. She was as good a person as you could hope to meet. But grossly obese, diabetic (an untreated diabetic), had a weight related heart condition, wouldn't seek medical attention until she couldn't walk across the room due to shortness of breath (pneumonia) and refused to be transported to the premier regional covid hospital when available, refused to be intubated and requested a "do not resuscitate" protocol.

So, the ONLY people who died (or got sick) due to covid were unhealthy? You've got to be kidding me. You don't seriously believe that, do you?
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-28-2021 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, the ONLY people who died (or got sick) due to covid were unhealthy? You've got to be kidding me. You don't seriously believe that, do you?

I said only what I said. You have to stand behind what you said. Your post with my quote proves your aren't constraining yourself to the what was posted.

If she had a healthy diet and exercised, she wouldn't have been diabetic with heart issues. She wouldn't go to the gynecologist either. Lifestyle and personal choices. Compounding untreated health conditions, not covid 19. No medical treatment when she got sick. Refusal of better medical treatment. Refusal of medical treatment by being intubated.

Did Andy Gibb die of heart failure and enlarged heart or did he die of cocaine abuse causing an enlarged heart?
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2021 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll respond only because you're know nothing about me. I had nothing to do with internment camps, I'm in no way a part of the KKK, I wasn't even born during the WWII, I'm FIRMLY AGAINST abortions, etc, etc. Honestly, I don't even know what you're talking about. YOU (and others who think like you) are one of the reasons why the US has 500,000 deaths. You can't look beyond your own selfishness. Good for you, I guess. As long as people like you don't get around people like me (and my family and friends), I don't care. You no longer matter.

1 - It is extremely arrogant, self-centered, and completely ridiculous that you think the entire world needs to adjust their habits because you don't want to get sick. You can buy hazmat suits through multiple vendors for you and your family if you decide you want to be super protective.

2 - People like YOU, have led to tens of thousands of suicides due to aggressive policies in shutting down the economy.

3 - People like YOU, have led to tens of millions of people losing their jobs due to aggressive policies in shutting down the economy.

4 - People like YOU, have led to 100s of thousands of people losing their businesses that they've worked their entire life to build, due to aggressive policies in shutting down the economy.

5 - People like YOU, have led to trillions and trillions of dollars in debt and economic destruction that we will never get back.

... all because you and your family are so arrogant, so self-centered, and so God-damned entitled that they don't want to be inconvenienced so they expect the ENTIRE rest of the world to adjust because you don't want to get sick. There's a lot that I would have to say about this, and about you, but I'll refrain.

I wear this retarded mast over my face like a pair of panties over a girl's vagina. I do it only because I'm forced to. I move to Florida in 2 months, and will be happy that I'll never have to wear a God-damned mask again. I've also gotten the vaccine, so the fact I still have to wear a mask here is because people LIKE YOU are so emotionally fragile, is not only un-American, it's Communist. I've not lost anyone to COVID, but I've lost 4 people I know to suicide. One of them took out their entire family with wife and kids... so that comes out to 8.

So take your holier than everyone else attitude and... I think you know the rest.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 02-28-2021).]

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2021 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There is absolutely no scientific proof to back up that whale of a tale.
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2021 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The overall death rate has barely changed, so there is that.

https://www.macrotrends.net...ed-states/death-rate
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2021 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Is she from India?

LOL no, California.

Williegoat - Picklegoat
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2021 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

LOL no, California.

Williegoat - Picklegoat

There is an Indian dish called Achari Gosht which is essentially a pickled goat or mutton stew. If you ask for Goat Pickle, that is what you will get.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I take exception to that claim !

500,000 Kung Flu deaths, , ? Where did you get those numbers ? The government ?

Originally posted by the US government
500,000 Kung Flu deaths.
We are the Borg, you can trust us.

This has been discussed on the forum. Believe what you will. We can't help you if you have not been a part of our debate, and the debate of your fellow Americans.

There are lies, damb lies, and statistics. Of that 500,000 made up deaths, which I think is half of that, how many committed Covid Suicide by they themselves not wearing masks. How many are persons who committed Covid Suicide by choosing to be unhealthy ?

250,000 out of 350 million, nothing percent wise for a virus with a 99% survival rate.

How selfish can you be ? To demand 99% of the population to bend to your will, so you might feel safer.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-04-2021 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1 - It is extremely arrogant, self-centered, and completely ridiculous that you think the entire world needs to adjust their habits because you don't want to get sick. You can buy hazmat suits through multiple vendors for you and your family if you decide you want to be super protective.

2 - People like YOU, have led to tens of thousands of suicides due to aggressive policies in shutting down the economy.

3 - People like YOU, have led to tens of millions of people losing their jobs due to aggressive policies in shutting down the economy.

4 - People like YOU, have led to 100s of thousands of people losing their businesses that they've worked their entire life to build, due to aggressive policies in shutting down the economy.

5 - People like YOU, have led to trillions and trillions of dollars in debt and economic destruction that we will never get back.

... all because you and your family are so arrogant, so self-centered, and so God-damned entitled that they don't want to be inconvenienced so they expect the ENTIRE rest of the world to adjust because you don't want to get sick. There's a lot that I would have to say about this, and about you, but I'll refrain.

I wear this retarded mast over my face like a pair of panties over a girl's vagina. I do it only because I'm forced to. I move to Florida in 2 months, and will be happy that I'll never have to wear a God-damned mask again. I've also gotten the vaccine, so the fact I still have to wear a mask here is because people LIKE YOU are so emotionally fragile, is not only un-American, it's Communist. I've not lost anyone to COVID, but I've lost 4 people I know to suicide. One of them took out their entire family with wife and kids... so that comes out to 8.

So take your holier than everyone else attitude and... I think you know the rest.

It's the same mentality that gives us dietary restriction in schools and hospitals and cafeteria's. You have one or 2 with nut allergies so 1,000 or more are banned from eating nut butter. You have a small handful "offended" by pork products so nobody can have them.
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-04-2021 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

I take exception to that claim !

500,000 Kung Flu deaths, , ? Where did you get those numbers ? The government ?
This has been discussed on the forum. Believe what you will. We can't help you if you have not been a part of our debate, and the debate of your fellow Americans.

There are lies, damb lies, and statistics. Of that 500,000 made up deaths, which I think is half of that, how many committed Covid Suicide by they themselves not wearing masks. How many are persons who committed Covid Suicide by choosing to be unhealthy ?

250,000 out of 350 million, nothing percent wise for a virus with a 99% survival rate.

How selfish can you be ? To demand 99% of the population to bend to your will, so you might feel safer.

You are welcome to prove those case numbers wrong, with facts and data, or you can continue to cast unproven rhetoric and baseless insinuations.

That "99% survival rate" just sounds SOOO good until put into real context.
The true US population 332,304, 437.
99% survival rate means 3.32 million won't survive.

That is equivalent to 1/2 the population of either DFW or Houston, or all the population of San Antonio + another 1 million elsewhere.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know where you're getting your information but you might try finding a source that actually knows what they're talking about.

He is more correct than you are giving him credit for.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hear! Hear!

I think you are my pick for President.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
You are welcome to prove those case numbers wrong, with facts and data, or you can continue to cast unproven rhetoric and baseless insinuations.

That "99% survival rate" just sounds SOOO good until put into real context.
The true US population 332,304, 437.
99% survival rate means 3.32 million won't survive.

That is equivalent to 1/2 the population of either DFW or Houston, or all the population of San Antonio + another 1 million elsewhere.

Shuuush, I tink I taaw a wabbit.

If I chase two rabbits, both will get away.

Unfortunately maryjane, the people painting the facts, data, lies, damn lies, and statistics do not paint the whole panorama. They only paint what they want you to see, but you know that.

The rabbit I am chasing will prove to you that burning old tires with whale oil endangers every living thing on the planet, perhaps the planet itself. There is a study for that, .

Are you saying the survival rate is better than 99% ? I thought it was but did not know the exact number. We were told two million would be dead by now.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dr Peter Hotez is sounding an optimistic note about something that was published about a week ago in the New England Journal of Medicine.

The researchers looked at data from Israel that indicates that the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine is very effective in preventing asymptomatic infections among vaccinated individuals.

It has been a concern that vaccines that have demonstrated effectiveness in preventing vaccinated individuals from becoming symptomatically ill from Covid would not stop "Covid Mary's"; i.e., vaccinated individuals becoming infected with Covid without experiencing any of the symptoms of Covid and unwittingly becoming carriers of Covid by infecting the unvaccinated people that they come into contact with.

In the words of the researchers:

The estimated vaccine effectiveness for the asymptomatic infection proxy was 29% (95% CI, 17 to 39) during the period from 14 to 20 days after the first dose, 52% (95% CI, 41 to 60) 21 to 27 days after the first dose, and 90% (95% CI, 83 to 94) 7 or more days after the second dose (Table S3 and Fig. S5).
"CI" is for Confidence Interval.

"BNT162b2 mRNA Covid-19 Vaccine in a Nationwide Mass Vaccination Setting"
Dagan et al; New England Journal of Medicine; February 24, 2021.
https://www.nejm.org/doi/fu...featured_coronavirus

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-05-2021 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
142 people died of covid in canada yesterday.. Sounds alarming right?
I think that's the goal to alarm us, because it is alarming.
It got me thinkng, what if they threw all kinds of numbers at us everyday, would covid still be the most popular on social media?
Perhaps.
MAYBE if we heard comparison numbers we would feel different?
Maybe...
Let's go over all these numbers, and be fair about it ♡
Covid Dec 11th 2020: 142 deaths yesterday... 😞
-4157suicides last year- averaging 11 per day 😞 I never knew this number... mental health receives such little attention (the leading cause of death in our young people, the same young people we have socially restricted... Who's fighting for them ... 😞 )
-over 80,000 people died of cancer last year in Canada... that's about 220 a day... 😞 I didn't know that.... someone's mother, father, daughter, son 😞 absolutley tragic ....
-I couldn't find how many people died of the flu, because from what I gather, flu isn't usually marked as cause of death... but if someone has the number, let's have a moment of silence for those lives... 😞
-276,689 died of heart disease that's more than 750 a day...WOW...if I heard that every day, I would probably eat more veggies and less deep fried goodness... this number is OUTRAGEOUS... and why aren’t we banning and boycotting places like MacDonalds, or outlawing cigarettes?
- 1500 killed and over 63,000 injured by drunk drivers each year in canada... that means 5 die a day and many more injured ..and we still sell alcohol... tell me again how much the government is concerned about your life 😞
- 6912 died from Alzheimer's ...that's 18 a day
-41,500 from diabetes...that's 113 a day.... and sugar is the #1 ingredient in our market place and yet no one is bombarding is with the health stats about sugar and its risks to your health
- about 57,000 a year die of stroke... about 156 each day
-almost 2 million jobs were lost in April from covid, and it appears over half of those are still unemployed, that would work out to an average of 5479 a day... that's a huge impact on the economy and a lot of mouths to feed...especially when our prime minister hikes up the carbon tax 467%.....
-5.6 million children die each year from hunger...that's 15,000 a day, approx 4 a minute.. and we close our eyes and ignore.
-206,905 died over the age of 70 in canada last year... that is a whooping 564 people each day ... WOW...
And to top it off...if you look at the deaths over the past 5 years in Canada , they all average about the same....in fact this fall has the least deaths over the past 5 years..... so tell me again how Covid is threatening to overwhelm us?
Media is a powerful player...we can't dismiss that perhaps a major bias is being spoonfed to us through their garbage propaganda.... 🤪 yeah I said garbage, because that's exactly what it is...
My point is...we aren't bombarded with these numbers every day.....and if we were, we would all be shocked...
I didnt realize 500 elderly died each day... that is so sad...someone loved them.... ♡ and they matter too...
and currently those 500 a day are locked away, think about that... Every patriotic covid supporter...they are locking up our grandparents...our parents... That is abusive... absolultey abusive, in every sense of the word...
Ask grandma is she would like to see her kids, her grandkids... I will guarentee her answer will, statistically, be a resounding 'YES', with tears running down her face...Shame on our system ... You can't tell me this is ok...
So the argument that covid is contagious, is valid.. with a transmission rate of 1%, that means, if I sat with 100 people, 1 is probable to catch it, sure that's too many... but 99% will recover... so when you put it like that... how does shutting down the world make any sense?
The numbers posted above, get dismissed every single day...... and covid is controlling our every move... Controlling what we say... Controlling how close we stand to loved ones... Controlling who we see...
Who gave covid so much power... oh right the politicians... Who love us like we were their children?
You eat an apple that is sprayed, you fly in planes...you drive cars... you walk across the street, you eat peanuts out of the local pubs infested bowl... you get a little water from the river in your mouth and keep swimming...
We take risks everyday... I would rather die of covid surrounded by my family, than live isolated and alone ...
Statistically speaking you are 12x more likely to be murdered in the city of Calgary, than to be killed by this virus if you are under the age of 60....
More likely that you would be struck dead by lightening, than die under the age of 20...
Tell me again how this warrants a global shutdown?
Tell me again that something bigger isn’t driving this nonesense.
EVERY life...EVERY LIFE matters...
BUT we aren't concerned with all the toxic garbage on the supermarket shelves, which by the way is the #1 cause of heart disease & cancer....
When the government stops selling cigarettes, the leading cause of cancer, sugary cereals and cheetos, #1 cause of child obesity ...and MSG and Asparthame, that poison people, and all the dyes and preservatives our government approves for human consumption ... then we can talk about how they care about our health & well being ... ♡
Until then, I would rather be with my friends and family and take my chances with covid.....
This may be the biggest FRAUDULENT crime against humanity, the world has ever seen.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:
142 people died of Covid in Canada yesterday.. Sounds alarming right?

How many are alive but suffering from "long" Covid--the long term debilitating effects for some people after their acute infection with Covid subsides?

Some of the victims of "long" Covid are children.

I wish it were easier to find credibly presented statistics of this kind online.

I am not here to "wipe out" all the other parts of what MidEngineManiac said in his message.

But I don't think it's as one-sided as the scenario he describes, ending with his assertion that Covid is the biggest fraud in history.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-05-2021).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-05-2021 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jebus...fracking...christ...Roland

How man are suffering every day ? BECAUSE of this **** ...
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2021 05:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
How many are alive but suffering from "long" Covid--the long term debilitating effects for some people after their acute infection with Covid subsides?

Some of the victims of "long" Covid are children.

I wish it were easier to find credibly presented statistics of this kind online.

I am not here to "wipe out" all the other parts of what MidEngineManiac said in his message.

But I don't think it's as one-sided as the scenario he describes, ending with his assertion that Covid is the biggest fraud in history.

How many are alive but suffering from long term debilitating effects of Covid ? Everybody alive, whether they contracted Covid or not.

You claim children are victims of "long Covid", . Educational denial ? What the heck is long Covid. Your CDC does not even have guidelines for those that have been fully vaccinated.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2021 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Shuuush, I tink I taaw a wabbit.

If I chase two rabbits, both will get away.

Unfortunately maryjane, the people painting the facts, data, lies, damn lies, and statistics do not paint the whole panorama. They only paint what they want you to see, but you know that.

The rabbit I am chasing will prove to you that burning old tires with whale oil endangers every living thing on the planet, perhaps the planet itself. There is a study for that, .

Are you saying the survival rate is better than 99% ? I thought it was but did not know the exact number. We were told two million would be dead by now.

As I expected.
Your reply is classic CliffW.
Emptiness with a side order of more questions.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2021 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As I expected.
Your reply is classic CliffW.
Emptiness with a side order of more questions.

Thank you maryjane. I see you are coming around.

What facts did you want ? NY Governor Cuomo's facts ?

Yes. Emptiness begs questions.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2021 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Long" Covid

Nearly one-third of people with COVID-19 [symptomatic COVID-19 is my reading of it] had lingering symptoms a median of 6 months after infection onset, a single-center prospective study suggested.

Among COVID-19 patients whose infections ranged from asymptomatic to severe, two problems -- fatigue and loss of smell or taste -- persisted most frequently, reported Helen Chu, MD, MPH, of University of Washington in Seattle, and co-authors, in a JAMA Network Open research letter.

The University of Washington study followed 177 people with laboratory-confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection who completed questionnaires from August to November 2020, 3 to 9 months after their COVID-19 onset (median 169 days). Mean age was 48 and 57% were women. Hypertension was the most common comorbidity (13%).

Across the cohort, 6.2% of participants were asymptomatic, 84.7% were outpatients with mild illness, and 9.0% were hospitalized with moderate or severe disease. Patients completed followup questionnaires a median of 169 days after COVID-19 onset.

Overall, 32.7% of outpatients and 31.3% of inpatients reported at least one persistent symptom, most commonly fatigue (13.6%) and loss of sense of smell or taste (13.6%). In addition, 13.0% reported other symptoms, including brain fog (2.3%).

Study limitations include small sample size, single study location, and potential bias from self-reported symptoms, the researchers acknowledged. "We plan to continue to survey our cohort every 6 months for 2 years to continue to assess changes in long-term symptoms over time," McCulloch said. "With over 28 million cases of COVID-19 in the U.S. alone, if even a small percentage of people experience long-term debility, this could have significant and lasting health and economic consequences."

"Study Puts Numbers to 'Long COVID' Duration, Prevalence"
Judy George for MedPage Today; February 19, 2021.
https://www.medpagetoday.co...isease/covid19/91270

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-06-2021).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-06-2021 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2021 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you maryjane. I see you are coming around.

What facts did you want ? NY Governor Cuomo's facts ?

Yes. Emptiness begs questions.

That's a construct usually reserved for kindergarten and grades1-3.
Adults with the ability to find answers on their own, not so much.

You make a lot of unsupported statements and when asked for sources or proof, you seem to be at a loss of understanding as to why you should support your allegations.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-08-2021).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2021 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You make a lot of unsupported statements and when asked for sources or proof, you seem to be at a loss of understanding as to why you should support your allegations.

I am not at a loss of understanding why some demand it. What allegations did I assert ?

My first post in this thread ... :

... which I think is half of that, ...

The only questionable allegation I see (in this thread).

There are many questionable news stories, government studies, opinion articles (which cite 'spin"), nefarious agendas and the like to not believe anything you hear, and only half the things you see.

I read a lot of current newsworthy events. From all differing sources. They all shape my opinion, what I think. I am not a researcher who should rely on sources, nor am I an investigative reporter (who can use anonymous sources). I am not a government agent who needs proof, fake or not (remember the Steele Dossier?).

I depend on street sense, common sense.

You are aware that we have debated the Covid death numbers, as well as if a mask protects the wearer or the public. We have opinions. I state mine.

You are welcome to prove each and every 500,000 deaths of covid as from covid only. With sources, lies damn lies, statistics, and data. You can't do it. If I have become prey to some disinformation propaganda, prove me wrong.

Another lie we are being told is that Covid affects People of Color (is that racist now?) more disproportionately. Why ? How ? Because they are POC ? Is that why only POC are disinfranchised from voting with voter ID ?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Unlocking the Mysteries of Long COVID"

A growing number of clinicians are on an urgent quest to find treatments for a frighteningly pervasive problem. They’ve had surprising early success.

Meghan O'Rourke for The Atlantic; March 8, 2021.
https://www.theatlantic.com...f-long-covid/618076/

I won't Read-o-Meter it, but it's a magazine length report. A "read." Maybe like a chapter from a novel that's organized in chapters. It's not a brief news report.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-09-2021).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2021 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am not at a loss of understanding why some demand it. What allegations did I assert ?

My first post in this thread ... :

... which I think is half of that, ...
The only questionable allegation I see (in this thread).

There are many questionable news stories, government studies, opinion articles (which cite 'spin"), nefarious agendas and the like to not believe anything you hear, and only half the things you see.

I read a lot of current newsworthy events. From all differing sources. They all shape my opinion, what I think. I am not a researcher who should rely on sources, nor am I an investigative reporter (who can use anonymous sources). I am not a government agent who needs proof, fake or not (remember the Steele Dossier?).

I depend on street sense, common sense.

You are aware that we have debated the Covid death numbers, as well as if a mask protects the wearer or the public. We have opinions. I state mine.

You are welcome to prove each and every 500,000 deaths of covid as from covid only. With sources, lies damn lies, statistics, and data. You can't do it. If I have become prey to some disinformation propaganda, prove me wrong.

Another lie we are being told is that Covid affects People of Color (is that racist now?) more disproportionately. Why ? How ? Because they are POC ? Is that why only POC are disinfranchised from voting with voter ID ?

Don't believe everything you think
You've stated nothing BUT opinion, mostly your own. No data, no science, just spurious & somewhat specious that you now ask other to disprove.

One can choose to be informed or misinformed. You have chosen the latter.
Donald Trump did the same thing and it ultimately cost him the re-election.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-09-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-09-2021 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These people have been repeating the lie so often it's now the base point for what may or may not be a factor.

Isnt the correct phrase "deaths involving covid 19"? Which is not anywhere close to 'deaths FROM covid 19' that people pretend is being said. George Floyd had covid. A motor cycle fatality and an individual thrown from a vehicle to his death were counted.

We know the BSers are.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock