Started on: 02-27-2021 06:29 AM
Replies: 34 (545 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 03-03-2021 09:42 PM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Texas federal judge rules CDC's pandemic eviction moratorium unconstitutional

https://www.msn.com/en-us/n...1e3kqP?ocid=msedgntp

Depending on your perspective, this could be good news or not so good news.
Will most likely be taken to a higher court.
I know this, I'm glad I don't rent and am not a landlord.

Rams
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All it is, is a question of who takes it in the shorts. The renters. The landlords. Or the mortgage holder.
I wonder how many people who were problem tenants, and were cruising towards an eviction even before the current crisis, are still in place, and currently "protected".
Pretty much every action has consequences.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

All it is, is a question of who takes it in the shorts. The renters. The landlords. Or the mortgage holder.
I wonder how many people who were problem tenants, and were cruising towards an eviction even before the current crisis, are still in place, and currently "protected".
Pretty much every action has consequences.

Well, I believe the Judge is correct, I don't believe the government has the right to tell a landlord who isn't getting paid that the renter can't be evicted. Once Renter has had due process, if they aren't paying the rent, they should be outta there. That may sound cold but, no one has been promised a rose garden.

Rams
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
I don't believe the government has the right to tell a landlord who isn't getting paid that the renter can't be evicted.

For one it wasn't the government per say. It was The Center for Disease Control. They have no regulatory authority. The merely provide guidance.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

For one it wasn't the government per say. It was The Center for Disease Control. They have no regulatory authority. The merely provide guidance.

I beg to differ.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Institute
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is a national public health institute in the United States. It is a United States federal agency, under the Department of Health and Human Services, and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.

As the nation’s public health protection agency, CDC has certain authorities to implement regulations related to protecting America from health and safety threats, both foreign and within the United States, and increasing public health security. CDC and other agencies implement public health laws passed by Congress through Federal Regulations.

CDC’s role in rules and regulations
As the nation’s public health protection agency, CDC has certain authorities to implement regulations related to protecting America from health and safety threats, both foreign and within the United States, and increasing public health security.

CDC and other agencies implement public health laws passed by Congress through Federal Regulations. After a Congressional bill becomes law, federal agencies may be responsible for putting the law into action through the development of regulations—also known as “rules.” Federal regulations give the public details or specific requirements of how the law will be applied. The process of creating regulations or rules is called rulemaking.

What are CDC’s regulatory authorities?
Click on each public health program in the boxes below for information on CDC’s regulatory authorities. You can also find the official text of CDC regulations published in the Code of Federal Regulations under Title 42—Public HealthExternal.

This was CDC's ruling supported by the President. I don't see how this could be any more government.
But, just because the CDC has regulatory jurisdiction on some aspects, doesn't mean they can stop evictions. Just my (and the Judge's) opinion.
The CDC overreached their authority (at least as it currently stands).

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 02-27-2021).]

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many people that were capable of paying their rent, didn't because the government said they could not be evicted if the did not?
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

How many people that were capable of paying their rent, didn't because the government said they could not be evicted if the did not?

I can't give you a number but, I know of several (three) landlords that will soon be losing their investments due to lack of payment.
They can't make their payments to the loaning institutions due to not being able to enforce their rental contracts. This judgement is way too late to save many.
Yeah, I feel bad for the renter's that lost their jobs due to the Pandemic and had to make some hard decisions. But, I also know of one family that actually made more than their usual pay during the government payout period of COVID due to the increased unemployment benefits and still didn't pay their rent. They (or he) actually bragged about making more money to me.

Rams

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post02-27-2021 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CDC is always being called "private" and not government by Mike Rivero on whatreallyhappened.com . His site is a news gathering one like Drudge except he's not a mainstream media stooge like Drudge.
Never bothered to search if the CDC quasi government or not because it's not that important to me to this point. Someone else who wants to play superhero can search-engine it.

Government is preventing evictions so society doesn't collapse faster and people don't march in the streets sooner. They're throwing the owners on the brush pile instead. The ultimate goal is no private property anyway.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I suppose it is just a coincidence that much of the government's reaction to covid has destroyed many small businesses. Amazon and Microsoft seem to be doing just fine, though.

When the small landlords are forced into default, the big banks are going to have a field day.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 02-27-2021).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My cousin has a rental property and renter just stopped paying rent, yet my cousin has to pay the taxes etc on the property.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post02-27-2021 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When it comes to business and money and...

Some of them need an attitude adjustment, a punch in the face, and nipples burned off with an electrode.

Long time ago, dude, but I've had more than my share of run-ins with them.

I had one try and tell me I'd think what I was told, do what I was told, eat what I was told and wear what I was told.....24/6/365

Go screw yourself ****

Late 90's place in Toronto...900 bucks for an illegal basement apartment, and this cow is trying to tell me I cant fry bacon because it smells or have girls over because her kid hears the sex upstairs...

Kiss my ass, **** , and go back to whatever Serbian hole you crawled out of !!!!

Ya got your 900 bucks, now shut the **** up and go the **** away.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 02-27-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

My cousin has a rental property and renter just stopped paying rent, yet my cousin has to pay the taxes etc on the property.

Luckily (I assume), his property is paid for and taxes are the only things he responsible for. The three folks I mentioned previously all have bank loan on their property. All three have been using their savings until that was used up and then borrowed money to keep up on their payments until that well ran dry. I'm told all three will be going under this month or next.

Being a landlord doesn't appear to be everything one wants in life. Especially with Uncle Sugar being so helpful.

Rams
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I beg to differ.

Differ at your own peril, . Are you up for the test ?

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Institute
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is a national public health institute in the United States. It is a United States federal agency, under the Department of Health and Human Services, and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.

The Department of Health and Human Services do write regulatory "rules". Which are actually "laws". Which should not be permitted. Congress writes laws and possibly passes them.

As the nation’s public health protection agency, CDC has certain authorities to implement regulations related to protecting America from health and safety threats, both foreign and within the United States, and increasing public health security. CDC and other agencies implement public health laws passed by Congress through Federal Regulations.

Laws passed by regulation ? They were not passed. They were dictated, .

CDC’s role in rules and regulations
As the nation’s public health protection agency, CDC has certain authorities to implement regulations related to protecting America from health and safety threats, both foreign and within the United States, and increasing public health security.

How come the CDC did not dictate mask, two mask mandates ? Who issued business shut downs ?

CDC and other agencies implement public health laws passed by Congress through Federal Regulations. After a Congressional bill becomes law, federal agencies may be responsible for putting the law into action through the development of regulations—also known as “rules.” Federal regulations give the public details or specific requirements of how the law will be applied. The process of creating regulations or rules is called rule making.

Does that sound familiar ? Blackrams, you are old enough to should have learned history, back when schools used to teach it. The Kind of England used to dictate law and installed many regulatory Czars in the Colonies that made regulations/rules. That didn't work out to well for the English Empire.

What are CDC’s regulatory authorities?
Click on each public health program in the boxes below for information on CDC’s regulatory authorities. You can also find the official text of CDC regulations published in the Code of Federal Regulations under Title 42—Public HealthExternal.

I will look into this.

This was CDC's ruling supported by the President. I don't see how this could be any more government.
But, just because the CDC has regulatory jurisdiction on some aspects, doesn't mean they can stop evictions. Just my (and the Judge's) opinion.
The CDC overreached their authority (at least as it currently stands).

Rams

I still maintain that the CDC can not pass rules and regulations.

I will look into CDC regulations published in the Code of Federal Regulations under Title 42—Public HealthExternal.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 02-27-2021).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will look into CDC regulations published in the Code of Federal Regulations under Title 42—Public HealthExternal.

Do as you wish. Believe what you want, don't really care.
Was told once that you don't know what, you don't know.
Slow down before you miss a curve in the road and hurt yourself.
You can feel however you wish but, that doesn't make you right.
BTW, what's your point, the CDC isn't government?

Rams

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I still maintain that the CDC can not pass rules and regulations.

https://www.cdc.gov/regulat...gulations/index.html

I have spoken out here on this forum against federal regulatory over reach many times.

Having dealt with the FMCSA over the years, it is one of my pet peeves. I think Blackrams has the same kind of experience with OSHA.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

https://www.cdc.gov/regulat...gulations/index.html

I have spoken out here on this forum against federal regulatory over reach many times.

Having dealt with the FMCSA over the years, it is one of my pet peeves. I think Blackrams has the same kind of experience with OSHA.

Over reach is a problem with every government agency, I think some of it is for self preservation, we have to make ourselves important.
Ever seen a list of all the state agencies in CA? It's unbelievable.
This is just the Executive Branch: 231 agencies.

The Government of California's executive branch includes numerous agencies. [1]

Accountancy, California Board of (CBA)
Achieving a Better Life Experience
Acupuncture Board
Administrative Hearings, Office of
Administrative Law, Office of (OAL)
Aging, California Commission on (CCoA)
Aging, California Department of (CDA)
Agricultural Labor Relations Board (ALRB)
Air Resources Board (ARB, CARB)
Alcoholic Beverage Control Appeals Board (ABCAB)
Alcoholic Beverage Control, Department of (ABC)
Allocation Board, State
Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority, California
Apprenticeship Council, California
Arbitration Certification Program
Architects Board, California
Arts Council, California (CAC)
Assembly, California State
Athletic Commission, California State (CSAC)
Auditor, California State (BSA)
Automotive Repair, Bureau of (BAR)
Baldwin Hills Conservancy (BHC)
Bar of California, State (CALBAR)
Barbering and Cosmetology, Board of (BBC)
Behavioral Sciences, Board of (BBS)
Biodiversity Council, California (CBC)
Boating and Waterways Commission, California
Building Standards Commission, California (BSC)
Business Oversight, California Department of (DBO)
Business and Economic Development, Governor's Office of
Business, Consumer Services, and Housing Agency, California (BCSH)
Cannabis Control, Bureau of
Cemetery and Funeral Bureau (CFB)
Central Valley Flood Protection Board (CVFPB)
Child Support Services, Department of (CDCSS)
Chiropractic Examiners, Board of (BCE)
Citizens Compensation Commission, California
Citizens Redistricting Commission (CRC)
Coachella Valley Mountains Conservancy (CVMC)
Coastal Commission, California
Coastal Conservancy, California
Colorado River Board of California (CRB)
Community Colleges System, California (CCCS)
Community Services & Development, Department of (CSD)
Compensation Insurance Fund, State (SCIF)
Conservation Corps, California (CCC)
Conservation, Department of (DOC)
Consumer Affairs, Department of (DCA)
Contractors State License Board (CSLB)
Controller's Office, California State (SCO)
Cool California
Corrections & Rehabilitation, Department of (CDCR)
Counties, California State Association of (CSAC)
Court Reporters Board of California
Courts, California
Debt Limit Allocation Committee, California
Debt and Investment Advisory Commission, California
Delta Protection Commission
Delta Stewardship Council
Dental Board of California (DBC)
Dental Hygiene Committee of California (DHCC)
Developmental Disabilities, State Council on (SCDD)
Developmental Services, Department of (DDS)
Disabled Veterans Business Enterprise Advisory Council (DVBE)
Earthquake Authority, California
Education, California State Board of
Education, Department of (CDE)
Educational Facilities Authority, California
Electronic & Appliance Repair, Home Furnishings, and Thermal Insulation Bureau of (BEAR)
Emergency Medical Services Authority (EMSA)
Emergency Services, Governor's Office of (CalOES)
Employment Development Department (EDD)
Employment Training Panel (ETP)
Energy Commission, California (ENERGY)
Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists, Board of Professional
Environmental Health Hazard Assessment, Office of (OEHHA)
Environmental Protection Agency (CALEPA)
Equalization, Board of (BOE)
Exposition & State Fair, California (CAL EXPO)
Fair Employment & Housing, Department of (DFEH)
Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC)
Film Commission, California (CFC)
Finance, Department of (DOF)
Financing Coordinating Committee, California
Fire Marshal, Office of the State
First 5 California (First 5)
Fish & Game Commission (FGC)
Fish & Wildlife, Department of (CDFW)
Food & Agriculture, Department of (CDFA)
Forestry & Fire Protection, Board of (BOF)
Forestry & Fire Protection, California Department of (CAL FIRE)
Franchise Tax Board (FTB)
Gambling Control Commission (CGCC)
General Services, Department of (DGS)
Government Operations Agency
Governor, Office of the (GO)
Guide Dogs for the Blind, Board of (BGDB)
Health and Human Services Agency (CHHS)
Health Benefit Exchange, California (HBEX)
Health Care Services, Department of (DHCS)
Health Facilities Financing Authority, California
Health Information Integrity, California Office of (CALOHI)
Health Planning and Development, Office of Statewide (OSHPD)
Health and Safety and Workers' Compensation, Commission on
Healthy Food Financing Initiative Council, California
High-Speed Rail Authority (CAHSRA)
Highway Patrol, California (CHP)
Historical Records Advisory Board, California
Historical Resources Commission, State (SHRC)
Horse Racing Board, California (CHRB)
Hospitals, Department of State
Housing & Community Development, Department of (HCD)
Housing Finance Agency (CALHFA)
Human Resources, Department of (CalHR)
Independent Living Council, California State (CALSILC)
Industrial Development Financing Advisory Commission, California
Industrial Relations, Department of (DIR)
Industrial Welfare Commission (IWC)
Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank (I-Bank) (IBANK)
Inspector General, Office of the (OIG)
Insurance, Department of (CDI)
Judicial Performance, Commission on (CJP)
Justice, Department of (DOJ)
Juvenile Parole Board (JPB)
Labor and Workforce Development Agency (LWDA)
Lands Commission, California State (SLC)
Landscape Architects Technical Committee (LATC)
Law Revision Committee (CLRC)
Legislative Analyst's Office (LAO)
Legislature, California State (LEGISLATURE)
Library, California State (CSL)
Lieutenant Governor, Office of (LTG)
Little Hoover Commission (LHC)
Lottery, California (LOTTERY)
Managed Health Care, Department of (DMHC)
Medical Board of California (MBC)
Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission (MHSOAC)
Mentally Ill Offenders, Council on (COMIO)
Military Department, California
Mining & Geology Board, State (SMGB)
Motor Vehicles, Department of (DMV)
Native American Heritage Commission (NAHC)
Natural Resources Agency, California
Naturopathic Medicine Committee
New Motor Vehicle Board (NMVB)
Occupational Safety and Health Appeals Board (DIR, OSHAB)
Occupational Therapy, California Board of (BOT)
Ocean Protection Council (OPC)
Optometry, Board of
Osteopathic Medical Board of California (OMBC)
Parks and Recreation, California Department of
Parks and Recreation Commission, California State (PARKS)
Parole Hearings, Board of (CDCR, BOPH)
Patient Advocate, Office of the (OPA)
Peace Officer Standards & Training, Commission on (POST)
Personnel Board, State (SPB)
Pesticide Regulation, Department of (CDPR)
Pharmacy, California State Board of
Physical Therapy Board of California (PTBC)
Physician Assistant Board
Pilot Commissioners for the Bays of San Francisco, San Pablo, and Suisun, Board of (BOPC)
Planning and Research, Governor's Office of (OPR)
Podiatric Medicine, Board of (BPM)
Pollution Control Financing Authority, California
Pooled Money Investment Board
Prison Industry Authority (CALPIA)
Private and Postsecondary Education, Bureau for (BPPE)
Professional Fiduciaries Bureau
Psychology, Board of
Public Employees Retirement System, California (CalPERS)
Public Employment Relations Board, California (PERB)
Public Health, California Department of (CDPH)
Public Utilities Commission, California (CPUC)
Real Estate Appraisers, Bureau of (OREA)
Real Estate, Department of (DRE)
Regenerative Medicine, California Institute for (CIRM)
Registered Nursing, Board of (RN)
Rehabilitation, Department of (DOR)
Resources Recycling and Recovery, Department of
Respiratory Care Board of California (RCB)
Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Conservancy
San Diego River Conservancy (SDRC)
San Francisco Bay Conservation & Development Commission (BCDC)
San Gabriel & Lower Los Angeles Rivers & Mountains Conservancy (RMC)
San Joaquin River Conservancy (SJRC)
Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy (SMMC)
Save Our Water
Scholarshare Investment Board
School Finance Authority, California
Secretary of State, California (SOS)
Security and Investigative Services, Bureau of (BSIS)
Seismic Safety Commission, California (SSC)
Senate, California State
Sierra Nevada Conservancy
Social Services, Department of (CDSS)
Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensers Board
State Mandates, Commission on (CSM)
Status of Women and Girls, California Commission on the
Structural Pest Control Board
Student Aid Commission, California (CSAC)
Systems Integration, Office of (OSI)
Tahoe Conservancy, California
Tax Credit Allocation Committee, California
Tax and Fee Administration, California
Teacher Credentialing, Commission on (CTC)
Technology, Department of
Toxic Substances Control, California Department of (DTSC)
Traffic Safety, California Office of (OTS)
Transportation Agency, California State
Transportation Commission, California (CTC)
Transportation, Department of (DOT,CALTRANS)
Treasurer's Office, State (STO)
Tribal Advisor, Governor's Office of
Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board (CUIAB)
Uniform Custom Cost Accounting Commission (SCO)
University of California (UC)
University, California State (CALSTATE, CSU)
Veterans Affairs, Department of (CalVet)
Veterans Board, California
Veterinary Medical Board, California (VMB)
Victim Compensation Board, California (CalVCB)
Visit California
Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians, Board of (BVNPT)
Volunteers, California
Water Commission, California
Water Quality Monitoring Council, California
Water Resources, Department of (DWR)
Water Resources Control Board, State (WRCB)
Wildlife Conservation Board (WCB)
Worker's Compensation Appeals Board
Workforce Development Board, California (CWDB)

Rams

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As one should expect that there is very much rampant lies and fraud surrounding this eviction moratorium.

I know landlords who haven't received anything from their tenants since the pandemic, yet these tenants still go out and party and live very much normal lives.

They used the pandemic eviction moratorium. Yes there is paperwork the tenants need to fill out, but they just lie on it. These are your typical democrat constituents and Biden voters. People that don't put grocery carts in the corrals. Just pathetic people who brag about the "unemployment life" with their $400-$600 extra a week sipping on margaritas at On The Border while tipping their servers nothing.

The state of Kansas, mind you a very small population in this state, had a legislative audit that $600 million dollars.... THAT IS $600 MILLION, was paid out in fraudulent unemployment payments to over 50,000 people since COVID. They have since turned this list over to the FBI, but I doubt they will do anything.
Then there is the true victim. Those that are truly unemployed and need their unemployment only to find out that someone else has already used their name and ss# to process their unemployment and these are the same people who are probably getting evicted too, as they are too proud to squat on someone's property.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

As one should expect that there is very much rampant lies and fraud surrounding this eviction moratorium.

I know landlords who haven't received anything from their tenants since the pandemic, yet these tenants still go out and party and live very much normal lives.

They used the pandemic eviction moratorium. Yes there is paperwork the tenants need to fill out, but they just lie on it. These are your typical democrat constituents and Biden voters. People that don't put grocery carts in the corrals. Just pathetic people who brag about the "unemployment life" with their $400-$600 extra a week sipping on margaritas at On The Border while tipping their servers nothing.

The state of Kansas, mind you a very small population in this state, had a legislative audit that $600 million dollars.... THAT IS $600 MILLION, was paid out in fraudulent unemployment payments to over 50,000 people since COVID. They have since turned this list over to the FBI, but I doubt they will do anything.
Then there is the true victim. Those that are truly unemployed and need their unemployment only to find out that someone else has already used their name and ss# to process their unemployment and these are the same people who are probably getting evicted too, as they are too proud to squat on someone's property.

Ironically, a life long best friend has received multiple letters from his state telling him to apply for his COVID Un-Employment. He keeps calling them and telling them he's not out of a job. Just spoke with him this weekend, said he had received his third letter and wasn't calling them again. He's not filed for that check either.

Rams
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Was told once that you don't know what you don't know.

They told me that about you too, . Kidding.

You can feel however you wish but, that doesn't make you right.

I read your "regulation" and it appears that I am wrong. Although, ... I can not think of any CDC regulation. Not that I can think of any of the 3,000+ pages of the Unaffordable Care Act that the alphabet HHC Services minions wrote.

BTW, what's your point, the CDC isn't government?

I truly thought it was a not partisan entity.
Rams

[/QUOTE]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I read your "regulation" and it appears that I am wrong. Although, ... I can not think of any CDC regulation. Not that I can think of any of the 3,000+ pages of the Unaffordable Care Act that the alphabet HHC Services minions wrote.

Whoa there Big Fellla................... First, it's not my regulation. If it was, it'd be one hell of a lot less.

Just about everything from OHSA to CDC is covered and authorized by the Federal Code of Regulations. Congress pretty much authorizes it's agencies a free hand until the public raises a stink.

Rams

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is one of the big issues I have with all of the regulatory agencies. As part of the executive branch, they both write and enforce the regulations. So much for checks and balances.

In some cases, they no longer require a public comment period, no Notice of Proposed Rulemaking. They just publish the new rule in the Federal Register along with an effective date.

In an audit, they tell you to provide evidence against yourself and then they decide how big your fine will be. Just like the IRS, if the IRS wrote all of the tax laws themselves.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 02-27-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2021 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lease / rental agreement is a legal civil contract.

Anytime the federal or state government interferes in a legal civil contract, outside of litigation or new legislation, it is manifestly unlawful.

A disturbingly large number of unlawful things are being done by federal and state governments under the guise of the panic-demic.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-28-2021 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gonna be a lot of fires.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2021 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

Gonna be a lot of fires.

That might have been an expectation after during the foreclosure crisis after 2008 but nothing like that ever happened.

I don't know what the delinquency rate for rental properties is right now but I suspect that it is only slightly higher than the mortgage delinquency percentage during the foreclosure crisis. There is a distinct possibility that the percentage may even be lower than the mortgage foreclosure rate was.

One thing is certain though. The same leftists that constantly whine that "(free) health care is a right" will also whine about how free housing is also somehow "a right".

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-28-2021).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2021 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a rental, and have no intention of raising my rate because my tenant has paid consistently without failure. There are times he annoys the hell out of me... but at the end of the day, the house is well maintained, and he's never late. Or... I should say he's consistently late by 3 days, every month... lol, but I always get it on the 3rd, every month, without fail... so not really late in my book.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2021 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I have a rental, and have no intention of raising my rate because my tenant has paid consistently without failure. There are times he annoys the hell out of me... but at the end of the day, the house is well maintained, and he's never late. Or... I should say he's consistently late by 3 days, every month... lol, but I always get it on the 3rd, every month, without fail... so not really late in my book.

I'm considering buying the home who's property butts up next to mine in the near future. That home has about 5 acres that is next to me that I'd like to own anyway, don't really care about the home and yard. Not initially for rental purposes but, to move my elderly mom into. She's very limited in what she can do and lives in KS. Not an idea situation so, if I can get this bought (and that's a big if), I'll move her in and that way she'll be close for me to help as needed. Eventually, that home could become a rental but, I'm leery of doing that. Not everyone gets a good renter that will take care of a property and pay their rent as the contract stipulates.

I know this, should such a situation as is currently in effect happen while I was making payments on that home and the renters refuse to pay their agreed rent, I'd be in real trouble.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 02-28-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-01-2021 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you buy rental income insurance on residential property? You can on commercial.

Being a residential landlord seems like a big hassle and risky. Commercial tenants probably wouldn't be that bad, except in a lockdown environment where businesses get shuttered by govt.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2021 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many people that rent/lease out residential property do so via a professional 3rd party manager. Some charge a % (about 10% average around here of gross receipts while others charge a flat rate) to screen applicants, collect rent, take care of inspection and maintenance problems.
No hassles for the owner but at an income cost.

My deceased brother's beach house on Bolivar Peninsula is rented out on most weekends when his family isn't using it and his wife seems happy with the arrangement.
I am considering leasing my current property out when I move and would probably go that route since I'll be living 8 hrs away and don't want to be making frequent trips back here to take care of problems.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-01-2021).]

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2021 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can't give you a number but, I know of several (three) landlords that will soon be losing their investments due to lack of payment.
They can't make their payments to the loaning institutions due to not being able to enforce their rental contracts. This judgement is way too late to save many.
Yeah, I feel bad for the renter's that lost their jobs due to the Pandemic and had to make some hard decisions. But, I also know of one family that actually made more than their usual pay during the government payout period of COVID due to the increased unemployment benefits and still didn't pay their rent. They (or he) actually bragged about making more money to me.

Rams

They need to check this.
A “payment deferral” allows borrowers to resume making their regular mortgage payments when a forbearance ends. The missed payments are added to the end of the loan term. So, the borrowers don’t have to pay the skipped amounts in a lump sum, in a repayment plan, or through a loan modification immediately after the forbearance is over.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-...20the%20forbearance% 20is%20over.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2021 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

They need to check this.
A “payment deferral” allows borrowers to resume making their regular mortgage payments when a forbearance ends. The missed payments are added to the end of the loan term. So, the borrowers don’t have to pay the skipped amounts in a lump sum, in a repayment plan, or through a loan modification immediately after the forbearance is over.

[URL=https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/getting-a-payment-deferral-after-a-covid-19-forbearance.html#:~:text=A%20%E2%80%9Cpayment%20deferral%E2%80%9D%20allows%20borrowers%20to%20resume%20making,loan%20modification%20immediately%20after%20the%20forbear ance%]https://www.nolo.com/legal-...20the%20forbearance%[/URL] 20is%20over.

Appreciate that feedback and I'll pass it along. 2 of the 3 have a lawyer involved trying to work out the details, don't really know more than that. There's some things that you just don't ask about, this really isn't any of my business, what I know or think I know is what they've told me, I haven't asked. Thanks.

Rams
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2021 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory:
The missed payments are added to the end of the loan term.

What a racket, . The loaner could not move the property anyways, yet gets more money due to interest.
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2021 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MJ, Black Rams, if you have any interest, I'd be happy to go into detail about being a landlord. I'm not the most experienced... I've literally had two tenants.

The first one really trashed the place... $10k damage. A petite girl with her two kids, basically did a lot of damage, and she didn't even really realize it. She was never late, but I had to move back into the house, and ended up renovating it.

The second tenant keeps the place immaculate, but is always calling in service requests. Most are OK... but it's frustrating. He's never been late, always pays.

I have a property manager now, I negotiated 6%. They do an OK job... I mostly don't have to deal with anything, I just get the bills and they deduct it from the rent. I don't make a whole hell of a lot on the house... I think I clear $400 after all expenses. But, the home continues to grow in equity, and they're paying my mortgage.

Bottom line, you have to look at it like a business, not an emotion.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-02-2021 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep in mind that property management companies will rip you off by falsely claiming repairs were needed. Condos and multiplex apartments are notorious for it. My perfectly functioning and higher quality kitchen light fixture was replaced with the cheapest turd you could buy.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2021 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MJ, Black Rams, if you have any interest, I'd be happy to go into detail about being a landlord. I'm not the most experienced... I've literally had two tenants.

The first one really trashed the place... $10k damage. A petite girl with her two kids, basically did a lot of damage, and she didn't even really realize it. She was never late, but I had to move back into the house, and ended up renovating it.

The second tenant keeps the place immaculate, but is always calling in service requests. Most are OK... but it's frustrating. He's never been late, always pays.

I have a property manager now, I negotiated 6%. They do an OK job... I mostly don't have to deal with anything, I just get the bills and they deduct it from the rent. I don't make a whole hell of a lot on the house... I think I clear $400 after all expenses. But, the home continues to grow in equity, and they're paying my mortgage.

Bottom line, you have to look at it like a business, not an emotion.

2 kids can do a LOT of damage, in a hurry, without even trying.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2021 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The home I hope to buy would not become a potential rental until.................

Hopefully, that's a long way off but, will keep you in mind. Thanks for the offer.

Rams

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock