Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  I know how to deal with MBS. Biden admin about 2go public report on Khasoggi murder. (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I know how to deal with MBS. Biden admin about 2go public report on Khasoggi murder. by rinselberg
Started on: 02-26-2021 01:05 PM
Replies: 42 (735 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 03-07-2021 06:12 AM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2021 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's got to be a way to wipe that characteristically "MBS" look of smugness and self-satisfaction from his face. The Saudi Crown Prince and de facto Saudi head of state.

Sanction him until he shaves away his mustache and beard? Especially the beard. I think that would help with the typical smugness of his expression whenever he's photographed, even if it's something he cannot fully control himself--the contours and metrology of everything about his face from forehead to chin.

At least for an entire year.

And require him to abstain from the 2021 Hadj (or Hajj) and all associated ceremonies and public events when it comes up in July.

This seemed like an epiphany (on my part.)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2021 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Serious question, why do we care?

The Khasoggi guy hates gays, hates the United States, loves radical Islam, and would kill everyone in the United States if given the chance.

Granted, yeah... sure... it's sad that the Government killed one of their own people. But this happens ALL the time in Saudi Arabia. There are 10s of thousands of people from Bangladesh and other countries who are at best, indentured servants, and at worst, outright slaves. 100s die every year due to unexplained deaths that never get investigated because no one cares.

Why then does the radical left synchronously rise up and somehow care so much about this one dude who hates them all?

Is it really just because Trump says that the media lies all the time (which they do, repeatedly and constantly) and they don't really care but they somehow want to make this about Trump?

Seems pretty insane and ridiculous to me.

There are nearly a million people that die every year throughout the world at the hands of Communist dictators, drug lords, and other people that the radical left supports... why can't they make a stink about all of them?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2021 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
The Khasoggi guy hates gays, hates the United States, loves radical Islam, and would kill everyone in the United States if given the chance.
Really? I hadn't picked up on that. Who says? The "illustrious" Sebastian Gorka?

There are 10s of thousands of people from Bangladesh and other countries who are at best, indentured servants, and at worst, outright slaves. 100s die every year due to unexplained deaths that never get investigated because no one cares.
I think that's part of why MBS wanted to do away with Khashoggi. To subtract Khashoggi's voice from the chorus that objects to these kinds of human rights violations and to use Khashoggi's disappearance as (another) example of what MBS can do to intimidate that chorus of voices.

There are nearly a million people that die every year throughout the world at the hands of Communist dictators, drug lords, and other people that the radical left supports... why can't they make a stink about all of them?
Jesus "H" Christ... even an orangutan's arms aren't long enough for a "reach" like that.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-28-2021).]

cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2021 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
Jesus "H" Christ... even an orangutan's arms aren't long enough for a "reach" like that.

Your arms are that long for your beliefs.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2021 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Really? I hadn't picked up on that. Who says? The "illustrious" Sebastian Gorka?

It was being repeated (with examples, and quotes) for some time when it first came out. Most of this stuff is now blocked, so I recommend using something other than Google. Bing still doesn't block all that much, so if you're looking for examples, use Bing or Gibiru.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2021 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Saudi prince is very important for Oil industry profits.......That is why the Trump administration covered up his involvement in the murder of Khashoggi......Anyone involved with Oil profits will always get a pass because Oil profits take precedent over absolutely anything......

Maybe Bidden, Harris and Pelosi, working with Hillary, are actually responsible for Khashoggi's death...."Right"...?
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2021 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cancel the pipelines, stop oil production in the US, piss off the Saudi's........yep sounds like Biden has his head up his a$$.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post02-28-2021 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glass.....Parking.....Lot.....

Problem solved.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2021 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:
The Saudi prince is very important for Oil industry profits.......That is why the Trump administration covered up his involvement in the murder of Khashoggi......Anyone involved with Oil profits will always get a pass because Oil profits take precedent over absolutely anything......

Maybe Bidden, Harris and Pelosi, working with Hillary, are actually responsible for Khashoggi's death...."Right"...?

Do you use fossil fuels ?

Shame on you.

You are as transparent as crystal glass. You only are fooling yourself thinking that you are fooling us.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2021 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There's got to be a way to wipe that characteristically "MBS" look of smugness and self-satisfaction from his face. The Saudi Crown Prince and de facto Saudi head of state.

Sanction him until he shaves away his mustache and beard? Especially the beard. I think that would help with the typical smugness of his expression whenever he's photographed, even if it's something he cannot fully control himself--the contours and metrology of everything about his face from forehead to chin.

At least for an entire year.

And require him to abstain from the 2021 Hadj (or Hajj) and all associated ceremonies and public events when it comes up in July.

There seem to be some folks all upset about this, I haven't seen any real recommendations on what anyone should do assuming the "Prince" did order or was involved in this somehow. Shave his mustache and beard? Banning from public events? Really? The apparent murder happened in another country or so it's been said. Do we try to enforce our laws on another country or on their leadership? Just what would you have us do? The OP stated in his title he knew what to do. I hope it gets better than what was described in the opening post.

I'm curious, is that the best or worse punishment for murder as claimed? If that's the case, I've got a few folks I'd like to get rid of, I promise to shave my beard and not make any public appearances.

I'll probably regret this but, I just have to ask, where do you come up with this stuff?

Anyone ask themselves why this all of a sudden came back up? Could this be one of those old magician type distractions? Make ya wonder what else is (or isn't) going on. Hmmm.......

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 03-01-2021).]

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2021 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Do you use fossil fuels ?

Shame on you.

You are as transparent as crystal glass. You only are fooling yourself thinking that you are fooling us.

Hey Cliffy....You need to PROVE your support for the Oil Industry....Move to down wind of a Refinery.....and go outside and breath deep when they are having a burn-off.......No, really, it's good for you! (Just like cigarettes)

Like I said, ANY-freaking-thing for the Oil industry....they are the new Royalty. Anyway, MBS is basically a dictator....and TRUMP!!! supporters LOVE dictators.....they remind them of their hero....trump.

PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2021 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It was being repeated (with examples, and quotes) for some time when it first came out. Most of this stuff is now blocked, so I recommend using something other than Google. Bing still doesn't block all that much, so if you're looking for examples, use Bing or Gibiru.

The vast majority of leftists, including the ones that post in this forum, don't know Wahhabism from Whataburger.

Khashoggi sealed his own fate and it had absolutely nothing to do with former President Trump.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-03-2021).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2021 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Cliffy....You need to PROVE your support for the Oil Industry....Move to down wind of a Refinery.....and go outside and breath deep when they are having a burn-off.......No, really, it's good for you! (Just like cigarettes)

Like I said, ANY-freaking-thing for the Oil industry....they are the new Royalty. Anyway, MBS is basically a dictator....and TRUMP!!! supporters LOVE dictators.....they remind them of their hero....trump.

This should get really good when Cliffw responds. I'll wait for it, you obviously don't know his history.

Rams
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2021 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
This should get really good when Cliffw responds. I'll wait for it, you obviously don't know his history.

Rams

Should I let him off easy, . Nahh.

CVX Row Boat, the Oil industry is not the "new royalty". That would be the Green Energy industry. The Oil industry is so late 1800's, and even before when you consider whale oil. Was there a Green Energy lamp ?

Row Boat, you must not know that I spent my life risking life, limb, and according to you, lungs, powering America. Many other hardships. Not limited to twelve hour days, seven days a week equaling 84 hours a week. In the worst conditions than most all can imagine. Away from home and in isolated locations. You should try to spend a day walking in my steel toed work boots. You would not make it one hour. No slam at you, many wouldn't.

As I said in my previous post, asked, do you use fossil fuels ? You should tithe at the Green Energy Altar.
Hank is Here

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2021 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not questioning the horrible murder of Khasoggi, but I question why it is the United States responsibly to react to this. The gentleman wasn't a US citizen and the murder didn't happen in the United States. Where is the line? Does the US need to take the lead for the attempted poisoning of Navalny? This all seems like a very slippery slope. Should we sanction the Israeli over the assination of the Iranian scientist?
To my if not on US soil and/ or not a US citizen are the line to be crossed for me.

I also say this knowing I am sure there is likly covert repercussions from CIA backchannels.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2021 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't start this topic with the idea of my going negative on the Biden administration about this.

I may take the suggestion to use one of the other online search engines (instead of Google) to look for certain currents or directions within the Khasoggi story that I have not been aware of.

I was only joking about pressing MBS to shave off his beard. Although I do wonder what he would look like without it. Referencing my original comments about a seemingly inverting expression of "smugness" and "self-satisfaction" whenever his face is in the media as a photograph.

I was kind of joking about pressing MBS to lay low and avoid publicity during this year's Hadj (Hajj) or Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca in July. Half-joking. I guess that's above my pay grade, to understand the implications of such an idea.

I think there is going to be another statement from the White House later today about the U.S.-Saudi relationship. I'm not expecting anything "big." (If there hasn't already been a new statement.)

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-01-2021).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2021 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I didn't start this topic with the idea of my going negative on the Biden administration about this.

Your lying. We know you want to go negative on Basement Biden every chance you get.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2021 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was only joking about .......

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-01-2021).]

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2021 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Joe Biden has nearly half a century of experience in Washington DC. He ain't going to do anything against the House of Saud.

[EDIT TO ADD] the news is full of unhappy headlines about Joe not acting. No surprise since he also says that China's treatment of ethnic and religious minorities is just a cultural thing. No biggie.

Why the country thought it was going to get good government out of electing Biden/Harris blows my mind... and shows how gullible and/or how much voters ignored history.

Not even two months in and Donald Trump is being vindicated for the way he calls 'em like he sees 'em. The current administration is a tire dump fire.

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 03-03-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2021 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will see you one . . .

"Amateur Hour Is Over." Retired U.S. Admiral James Stavridis.
https://youtu.be/944L6TB7u3k?t=118

. . . and raise you one

The Biden administration "could do more" to serve justice in this case. Former U.S. ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul.
https://youtu.be/73QKE4o3ktc?t=61

REVEAL THE PLAYING CARDS
  1. James Stavridis
  2. Michael McFaul

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-03-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2021 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will see you one . . .

Obviously you can't see your way to just admitting that the Biden administration will do NOTHING to Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

NOTHING

NOPE, Just more bullshit......

PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2021 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The globalists really want us to be the world's policeman. I think it's time we stopped.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2021 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

The globalists really want us to be the world's policeman. I think it's time we stopped.

Leftists cannot conceive of a U.S. military fulfilling any role other than international "police actions" and serving as a domestic "police force of last resort".

The ONLY rationale for this entire Kashoggi issue was because it was perceived by the Left to be a "wedge issue" with which to attack former President Trump.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2021 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman or "MBS." There are a number of words that could well describe the mood of this photograph. "Pensive" certainly comes to mind. It's a sharp contrast with the self-satisfaction bordering on smugness that seems to characterize most of the photos of MBS that appear in English language media.

At least, that's the impression of this observer.

"Recalibrate, not rupture." That's how State Department spox Ned Price described the Biden administration's approach to the U.S.-Saudi relationship on Monday.

The US Department of State on February 26 put 76 Saudi nationals on a no-travel list and the Treasury Department imposed financial sanctions on Saudi officials involved in the killing of Khashoggi but Crown Prince Mohammed was not included.

The administration’s decision not to punish the crown prince drew harsh criticism from the publisher of the Washington Post, where Khashoggi was a columnist.

Accusing Biden of breaking his campaign promise to make the Saudi regime “pay the price” for the killing of Khashoggi, Post publisher Fred Ryan wrote: “It appears as though under the Biden administration, despots who offer momentarily strategic value to the United States might be given a ‘one free murder’ pass.”
"US defends not sanctioning MBS for Khashoggi’s murder"
Aljazeera's English language news online edition; March 1, 2021.
https://www.aljazeera.com/n...bs-for-khashoggi-hit

Previously in this thread, U.S. Navy Admiral (Ret) James Stavridis was positively effusive in praising the Biden administration when interviewed in conjunction with this story, declaring that "Amateur Hour is over" in an unambiguous dismissal of the Trump administration's handling of foreign policy.

Former U.S. Ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul also began by lauding the Biden administration's approach, but went on to say that the Biden administration "could do more" and referenced the possibility of invoking the Magnitsky Act against the Saudi crown prince.

The Magnitsky Act? I don't know about that. But he said some other things that could make more sense.

This is material that can be found by scrolling this thread in the reverse chronological sequence, starting from here.

I like what I'm seeing here so far from the Biden administration. I'm onboard with the "recalibrate but not rupture" ethos towards the U.S.-Saudi relationship, as it's been characterized by State Department spox Ned Price. I think Ned Price is right.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-03-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JAMAL KHASHOGGI update

House Democrats Ilhan Omar and Tom Malinowski have introduced separate bills for the U.S. to apply sanctions directly and personally to MBS, going beyond the basic "name and shame" approach that the Biden administration has opted for, that is characterized as a recalibration but not a rupture of the U.S.-Saudi relationship. The language in both of these bills would bar MBS from visiting the U.S. and so, in effect, ban MBS from having any photo ops with President Biden at the White Housse.

Democratic Senator Chris Murphy reminded MSBC viewers that MBS is already the de facto Saudi head of state and will soon become the literal Saudi head of state, considering King Salman's advanced age and declining vigor. Senator Murphy compared the situation to Russia, where the U.S. has already used sanctions and will likely be adding even more sanctions in the near future, but has always exercised a certain restraint about targeting Russian #1 Vladimir Putin in the most direct and personal way. Senator Murphy seemed to be aligning himself with the Biden administration's recalibrate but not rupture approach towards the U.S.-Saudi relationship. (Maybe it will become known as "the two 'R's.)

Speaker of the House and Democratic Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi has echoed the Biden administration's recalibrate but not rupture approach and said the House would introduce legislation to honor Jamal Khashoggi’s memory.

This, from the Guardian:

A Turkish court trying 26 Saudi nationals in absentia for the murder of Jamal Khashoggi has refused to admit as evidence a recent US intelligence report implicating the kingdom’s crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman, despite a petition from the journalist’s fiancee, Hatice Cengiz.

The declassified US report released last Friday said Washington believed that Prince Mohammed approved the operation to “capture or kill” Khashoggi.

In the third session of the Istanbul trial on Thursday, Cengiz’s petition to add the report to the evidence case file was rejected on the grounds that it would “bring nothing” to the trial. . . .
That looks like the "powers that be" in Turkey are on the same recalibrate but not rupture level about it as the Biden administration, carefully calibrating their reproach of MBS over Khashoggi's murder at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul in terms of how directly Turkey is willing to go against the Saudi crown prince. (Not very directly against MBS.)

MBS looks to be going Full Steam Ahead with a project to create a new and futuristic "megacity" in Saudi Arabia that would develop as many contiguous square miles of real estate as the entire nation of Belgium. The project, called "NEOM", is cast as the "signature project" in MBS's far-ranging plans to diversify and enlarge the Saudi economy.

Big History credits these reporters and publishers:

"Ilhan Omar unveils bill to sanction MBS for Khashoggi’s murder"
Aljazeera's English language news online; March 2, 2021.
https://www.aljazeera.com/n...or-khashoggis-murder

"Turkish court refuses to admit [the newly declassified CIA report] as trial evidence"
Bethan McKernan for the Guardian; March 4, 2021.
https://www.theguardian.com...rt-as-trial-evidence

"Saudi Prince Preps $500 Billion Megacity As US Points At Khashoggi Murder"
Reuters; republished by NDTV; March 4, 2021.
https://www.ndtv.com/world-...oggi-killing-2383751

"NEOM'"

The race to a new future is on.
https://www.neom.com/en-us/

Finally, another Big History backgrounder on NEOM:

NEOM means "New Future". The acronym NEOM was first used publicly with the meaning "New Future" on 24 October 2017, when Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman announced the launch of a project involving the construction of a futuristic $500 billion city that will be built to run entirely on alternative energy. The first three letters of NEOM ("NEO") come from the Latin word for “New”; the final letter ("M") is an abbreviation of the Arabic word “Mostaqbal” which means “Future”.

NEOM will be built on land along Saudi Arabia's Red Sea coast, near Egypt and Jordan, and will span the three countries. The city will focus on up-and-coming industries such as digital sciences, advanced manufacturing, biotech and technology. NEOM is part of a plan to diversify the Saudi economy away from dependence on oil exports. It will be a hub for new technologies, including the creation of drones, driverless cars and robotics.
Cyber Definitions: An Academic Look at "Cyber Speak"
https://www.cyberdefinition...efinitions/NEOM.html

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-04-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JAMAL KHASHOGGI update

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-04-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me guess here. It was "NOBODY CARES!" or if not that, then something about "Leftists" that could only come from a hopeless dogmatist.

Jamal Khashoggi.

When I read that Nancy Pelosi referenced the idea of legislation to honor the memory of Jamal Khashoggi--the "Jamal Khashoggi, Say His Name" approach, thinking back to the Black Lives Matter kinds of protests of 2020--it gave me an idea.

Study the real estate surrounding the Saudi embassy in Washington, DC. Is there a possibility of designating a nearby park or public space with the name of Jamal Khashoggi? Acquiring or repurposing a nearby building to become the "Jamal Khashoggi Community Center" or the "Jamal Khashoggi Center for Excellence in Journalism"..? Setting up something so that anyone coming or going from the Saudi embassy in DC would have to purposely avert their eyes in order to not see the name of Jamal Khashoggi.

Would that be "trolling"..?

Would that pose any risk of "rupturing" instead of "recalibrating" the U.S.-Saudi relationship?
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let me guess here. It was "NOBODY CARES!"...

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-05-2021).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 05:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

About 50 years ago, there used to be a little cafe up on Bell Road nestled between the saloon and the feed store. It was the kind of place where a chubby little waitress named Tami would bring you bacon and eggs, sunny side up. They had a jukebox filled with Patsy Cline and Roger Miller, and table cloths just like this guy’s hat.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:
About 50 years ago, there used to be a little cafe up on Bell Road nestled between the saloon and the feed store. It was the kind of place where a chubby little waitress named Tami would bring you bacon and eggs, sunny side up. They had a jukebox filled with Patsy Cline and Roger Miller, and table cloths just like this guy’s hat.

That's a ZINGER..! I so did not see that one coming.

When I selected that photo, I preferred it over a photo of Khashoggi without the "table cloth." Like this:

I went with the "amateur theatricals" version of Khashoggi--that's from the filmmaker's script for "Lawrence of Arabia" by the way--so as to not be called out for obscuring his "Saudi side."

Here's a "trade secret" that explains why I used any kind of image in my previous message. It's a "spacer." It adds length to my message, so if I am posting a message immediately after another message that I do not want to see, that other message is automatically scrolled into oblivion when I use the Submit Reply function. I see my own newly submitted message, but not any part of the message that precedes it in the thread.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I had hair like that, I'd wear a head covering of some kind too....

He stole that material from the prop bin of the Real McCoys TV show.. (Richard Crenna is checking out the downblouse thing)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-05-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will likely be buying MORE oil from Saudis...

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-05-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2021 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hello "82" if you happen to be reading this. This, of course, is like an open letter, for anyone with access to peruse, or "CC: Pennock's forum."

I did some browsing with the Gibiru search engine. I used the "uncensored" feature to reveal some online links that are not provided in the basic or "censored" list from Gibiru. I looked at two of the "censored" articles, one from Consortium News and the other from MoA or Moon of Alabama.

To make a long story short, I found nothing to make me think that Jamal Khashoggi somehow deserved the grisly fate that was meted to him at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.

That was most decidedly not "karma."

I found nothing to make me think that Jamal Khashoggi was undeserving in any way of the status that allowed him to have a residence and live in the U.S. and write opinion columns for the Washington Post, or undeserving of the American citizenship that he was reportedly on the cusp of pursuing through the same process that is open to other non-U.S. citizens with U.S. resident status.

During Khashoggi's journey through life, he worked for the Saudi regime and could well be characterized as having been an apologist and sometimes an enthusiast for some of the Saudi monarchy's and the Saudi religious establishment's worse (if not absolutely worst) ideas and deeds.

But this is where Jamal Khashoggi had arrived in life, before his untimely end.

I am aware of the fact that before Joe Biden became President Biden he "torched" the Trump administration over the official U.S. reaction to Khashoggi's murder during the 2020 presidential campaign. Biden called out Saudi Arabia as a "pariah" nation with "no redeeming social value" and promised or perhaps even vowed to go beyond what the Trump administration had done and reconfigure the U.S.-Saudi relationship (by implication or inference) to something closer to the U.S.-Iran relationship and more appropriate for a "pariah" or "rogue" nation instead of a valued U.S. partner nation or ally.

An unfulfilled promise? Campaign "puffery" that in no way reflected Biden's true intentions?

Could be.

I think this fairly brief report in the New York Times from February 26 provides a good description of how President Biden has enlarged upon the sanctions that were imposed by the Trump administration and how the Biden administration has rearranged the furniture and changed the lighting in the new "Recalibrate but not Rupture" lounge area of the State Department that is now reserved for the U.S.-Saudi relationship.

I recommend that anyone with an interest in this topic listen to the voice of former U.S. Ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul, which I have conveniently queued up with this page link to activate YouTube. You wouldn't have to view this on-air segment for more than just 30 seconds or perhaps a minute to register that McFaul already likes what the Biden administration has done--although he goes on to express his desire that the Biden administration do even more to sanction Saudi Arabia and MBS himself for the murder of Jamal Khashoggi.
https://youtu.be/73QKE4o3ktc?t=61

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-06-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2021 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The camel is dead. Stop beating it.

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post03-06-2021 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty certain that's the look of mental illness from inbreeding.

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman or "MBS." There are a number of words that could well describe the mood of this photograph. "Pensive" certainly comes to mind.

At least, that's the impression of this observer.

Hahaha!

Originally posted by randye:

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2021 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
عندما تضرب الأمير يجب أن تقتل الأمير

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-06-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2021 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, that's the MBS that I'm used to seeing.

The "I just had another Saudi dissident silenced and I'm not going to be sanctioned by the U.S. in any seriously inconvenient kind of way" look.

Maybe they could put that in a new version of the Botox ad that's been running on cable TV. Botox injections for countering the appearance of facial wrinkles, nose lines and crow's feet.

"So give that 'I just saw a puppy' look. That 'I silenced another dissident' look. And whatever that look is."

Somebody here must be familiar with that particular TV commercial. It's been on for a long time already and they're still running it a lot.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-07-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2021 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-07-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2021 04:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

THIS TV COMMERCIAL

"MBS" slots right in. Just scroll backwards over the previous message in this thread to MY previous message in this thread--2 messages before this one. Or if that's too much "math", the message before the message before this one.

For anyone who may be interested in the original (thread) topic, as there were some on-topic messages from a few different members earlier on, this link automatically scrolls backwards to the last significantly on-topic message in this thread.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...HTML/126241.html#p33

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-07-2021).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay