Started on: 02-24-2021 06:39 PM
Replies: 12 (272 views)
Last post by: Monkeyman on 02-25-2021 04:40 PM
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2021 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The US Postal Service revealed its first new mail truck in over 30 years

https://www.businessinsider...-contract-2021-2?utm

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 02-24-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2021 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am glad that it is American made, but it looks like a cartoon duck.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2021 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I am glad that it is American made, but it looks like a cartoon duck.

Just my opinion but, I think you're being very kind with that description.

Rams
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2021 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2021 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aren't they bankrupt every 3 or 9 days? Why update? Is the MPG ever going to win over? Isn't this harder in urban areas? Didn't they lose their largest customer in history (Amazon)?
slicknick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2021 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slicknickSend a Private Message to slicknickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It comes off as a little odd at first, but then again it’s purpose built so it doesn’t have to win design awards, it just has to do the damn thing. It sounds like they really considered the mail carrier and subdivision driving.

I wanna get my grubby paws on a surplus Grumman LLV when these roll
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2021 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Grumman LLV isn't going away fast.
USPS still had Pintos in 90's even tho Ford stopped make them 10+ years before that. Some "Postal Jeeps" (Jeep DJ-5) are still around too.

New EV trucks need big time changes and Money spend to nearly every Post Office to install chargers etc on top of...

Under the contract it will build between 50,000 and 165,000 vehicles over a period of 10 years. It will initially get $482 million to initiate engineering efforts to finalize the production vehicle design, and for tooling and factory build-out activities that are necessary prior to vehicle production.
https://www.kmov.com/news/n...html?block_id=676669

Even then may not work in some areas likely many rural areas that needs long distance driving per day.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2021 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now if the truck could make the lazy entitled asses actually DO there job correctly and on time, it would be great.
Hank is Here

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2021 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can we call them "Trucky, Mc Truckface?" lol

I don't care what the trucks look like, they should be function over form. I would hope they they make/made thetrucks a platform which can handled hybrid, CNG, and electric drive-trains for the differt use cases for mail delivery across the country.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2021 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Think of the old Anaheim Mighty Ducks logo and change it to look like one of these new trucks.... USPS could become a major sponsor or part-owner of the team.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2021 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like it was designed by a government committee, which I guess is apropos.
PFF
System Bot
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2021 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I know where they got their inspiration.

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2021 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hank is Here:

I would hope they they make/made the trucks a platform which can handle hybrid, CNG, and electric drive-trains for the differt use cases for mail delivery across the country.

They can.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock