Started on: 02-17-2021 12:09 PM
Replies: 16 (350 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 02-27-2021 11:29 AM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rush has passed.

------------------

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 02-17-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn... I can't believe it. He worked until the very end... unbelievable.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He will be missed. I didn't always agree with him but, have always respected him. A good man that stood up for what he believed in.

Rams
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

He will be missed. I didn't always agree with him but, have always respected him. A good man that stood up for what he believed in.

Rams

Same here. In the early days I listened to him just to see what the other side was thinking. I eventually came around.

I was worried over the last couple of days since he had subs filling in for him. I figured the end was getting near.

[This message has been edited by GTGeff (edited 02-17-2021).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been listening to him for nearly 30 years (maybe longer). He was our generation's Paul Harvey.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 02-17-2021).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't agree with Rush all the time. But I have listen to him from time to time on long drives listening to AM stations for many years. But I always liked him. He was sincere, cool, passionate and dedicated to his craft and also very comical. He was a great guy.

Him and Larry King are Radio Personalities from my youth that stuck around.

Both have passed recently. Just shows that I'm aging as well and that my youth is rapidly disappearing with the passing of these people.

RIP Rush Limbaugh.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post02-17-2021 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He lived a fabulous and wealthy life to the end. It was a good life.

And was a powerful and worthy voice when Republicans were a minority in DC. But one major reason I outgrew him decades ago was his convincing people that being anti-Democrat and/or Republican was the same as conservatism. It's a major obstacle still today.

When his drug abuse was revealed it was surprising that he still retained tons of power. Shows how much of a void there is on the right.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Truly the end of an era.

RIP Mr. Limbaugh, we shall miss your intellect and reason in a world of idiocracy.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't listened to him in a very long time but he was a force for the right at a time when one was needed. I don't know about lately, but, RIP.
OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP.
There was a local AM radio station that played old country and he was on there every afternoon. I listened to that station every day at work while they had that format.

Marc
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2021 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't follow him, I have had people send me snippets of videos and for those I agree with what was said in the most part.
RIP

That out of the way I just don't understand people.
Twitter, FB and other "social media" are rejoicing his passing.
I just don't understand people any more. How can anyone celebrate someone's death with such vile responses?

As a part of the human species I am sickened by the responses I have seen.
I won't say on my worst days that I haven't wished harm on someone, but I have always regretted that feeling.
Some of these vile people have lost their humanity. They are so quick to burn something to the ground that they fail to see they are setting their own foundation on fire.

RIP I hope that the family can have some closure and get past the vile crap that is considered "social" media.
PFF
System Bot
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:
How can anyone celebrate someone's death with such vile responses?

We had a kid in high school that would beat up kids that were smaller than him and have his friends hold the victims. I got my reputation of being vicious and fearless when I would stop the the beatings, ready to fight as many as were ready. That kid got ran over on his motorcycle, I was so happy. People took great exception to my response. I reminded them, "Do you not remember who he was?" They told me I should not speak ill of the dead, I disagreed. I had to fight 2 and 3 people several times because of him. I graduated high school 5'4" 129 pounds.

The liberals must think that badly of Rush.

Rush was one public figures that helped finish raising me. Finally conservative thought spoken in public mid 80's out of Sacramento California. Incredibly valuable lesson, if you can not understand why something happens, follow the money. It is true, horrible, and at some point I remember crying about that truth. I am not sure if it was about the Detroit Public School system, abortion, or why they intensified single parent families by the welfare system.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-27-2021 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just don't understand people any more. How can anyone celebrate someone's death with such vile responses?

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

So you are saying that Rush was Hitler?
If this is too hard for you to understand then my apologies to your family.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So you are saying that Rush was Hitler?
If this is too hard for you to understand then my apologies to your family.

I think the takeaway is that people spoke badly about his hero too.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While I could be wrong, I believe sourmash's intent was to point out that millions of people were happy that Hitler was dead.
Same with Mussolini, Saddam Hussein and many others.

Rams
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-27-2021 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

While I could be wrong, I believe sourmash's intent was to point out that millions of people were happy that Hitler was dead.
Same with Mussolini, Saddam Hussein and many others.

Rams

You nailed it. It was also a question. If a person has ever supported anyone celebrating the death of anyone, then you are more than a little bit pregnant.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 02-27-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock