Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  The 'Roaming Noem.' SD gov Kristi Noem's taxypayer funded travel expenses get a look.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
The 'Roaming Noem.' SD gov Kristi Noem's taxypayer funded travel expenses get a look. by rinselberg
Started on: 02-15-2021 09:07 PM
Replies: 15 (335 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 02-17-2021 12:43 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2021 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's hardly news when one of America's 50 state governors is being scrutinized for something or other, but when it connects with a TV-ad icon like Travelocity's "Roaming Gnome", it can't be ignored.

MSNBC's Joy Reid clearly had a "ball" with it tonight. Here's the first two minutes. There was more after the commercial break.
Video content.
https://www.msnbc.com/the-r...-travel-101072965844

Justin Rohrlich reported on it today in The Daily Beast.
https://www.thedailybeast.c...-meet-ups?ref=author

"Must C" reporting for Pennock's South Dakota cohort.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2021 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

MSNBC's Joy Reid

The Daily Beast.

williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2021 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There goes Kristi Noem, o'er the buffalo's home.
Where dear, are you going today?
They say it's absurd, and are passing the word,
that the skies are your playground today.

Noem, Noem on a plane.
Where dear, are you going today?
The left is perturbed, with the mentality of a herd,
and they're crying and pouty all day.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 02-15-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2021 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"I'm here but Kristi's late."
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A very popular and effective elected official.

Better start smearing her now, says the media, she might be a threat to the New World Order.

rinse, you're such a good little tool, so easily led around....
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made it very clear: "Roaming Noem" deserves a moment in the spotlight here in the single category of artful text publishing.

Why?

Because I say it does.

If anything really dramatic were to come of this Kristi Noem's taxpayer funded travel expenses, that would just be "gravy" for me. I don't expect it.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE
Campbell's Soup I: Tomato, c.1968. Andy Warhol.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-16-2021).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She's on a jet! How can she rush more?

"I'm here but Kristi's late."

Over the Red River Valley,
she’d sit in that airplane and fly.
And run her fingers through seventy million dollars,
and wonder “Joe, must every well we’ve drilled go dry?”
They was friends , Noem and the gnome.
Like a garden gnome waiting for a plane,
like a garden gnome waiting for a plane.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Exclusive: GOP governor Kristi Noem, potential Trump successor, used state aircraft for tens of thousands of dollars in political travel"

Newly unearthed flight logs show South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem used a state airplane to travel to right wing political events around the country, a revelation that has state lawmakers [including state Republican lawmaker Taffy Howard, cited in this report] questioning whether she violated a state law forbidding political and personal use of the aircraft.

Daniel Newhauser for the Raw Story; February 15, 2021.
https://www.rawstory.com/kristi-noem-2650536372/

Read-o-Meter: 19 minutes.

The "Roaming Noem" epithet does not appear anywhere in this article.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Much like Warhol's wearisome work, your writing is remarkably redundant.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:
Much like Warhol's wearisome work, your writing is remarkably redundant.

If I thought this was some kind of scheme to embarrass the governor of South Dakota, or even worse, deprive South Dakota residents of their governor's extraordinary beneficence, I wouldn't be here. Dan Newhauser's article in the Raw Story is a report, like any other report. The difference is the photo image of the governor's air travel log.

I've done my homework. I trust Dan Newhauser. I think you can too.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-16-2021).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, flight logs, of course!

So, the fact that the governor traveled on state owned aircraft to conduct state business is evidence that she was abusing her privilege, but the fact that Bill Clinton traveled on the Lolita Express to Orgy Island is insufficient to suspect that he might have been involved in Epstein's escapades.

I get it. No, wait, I don't get it.
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19429 posts
Member since Mar 2009
From Daniel Newhauser's story:

The flight logs, which were discovered for Raw Story by public records activist Michael Petrelis, are often difficult to decipher. It's not clear where the plane was on any given day of a multi-day trip because each trip's entire itinerary is listed on each day the trip occurred. The governor's spokesman also identified a few areas where he said the logs are incorrect.

Raw Story pieced together Noem's schedule using posts on social media and press reports detailing her whereabouts. The flight logs did not include any information about the events for which state planes were being used or who was on the state planes at the time. However, the governor's spokesman did provide Raw Story with a full accounting of the trips in question.

It is also unclear exactly how much each trip cost taxpayers. Raw Story calculated a ballpark estimate by determining the air mileage of each itinerary and multiplying that by $5.95, the cost-per-mile cited on the flight logs for the use of a King Air 200, the plane on which all of the flights in question occurred.

So, the logs are reportedly inaccurate, incomplete and do not say who was on the flights. Guilty as charged!
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh, flight logs, of course!

So, the fact that the governor traveled on state owned aircraft to conduct state business is evidence that she was abusing her privilege, but the fact that Bill Clinton traveled on the Lolita Express to Orgy Island is insufficient to suspect that he might have been involved in Epstein's escapades.

I get it. No, wait, I don't get it
Acute Whataboutism.

From Daniel Newhauser's story:
So, the logs are reportedly inaccurate, incomplete and do not say who was on the flights. Guilty as charged!
Hyperbole-dominated Reaction Syndrome.

How the governor has been getting her props.

This is one of the planes that South Dakota governor Kristi Noem has had available to her. She wants to upgrade the state's executive branch air fleet, replacing two older-models with one new or newer-model aircraft.

"Historical Baggage Trails Noem’s $5 Million Plane Request"

[South Dakota governor] Kristi Noem has tapped into a deep vein of historical controversy with her request for $5 million to upgrade the state's airplane fleet.

Seth Tupper for South Dakota Public Broadcasting Radio; January 21, 2021.
https://listen.sdpb.org/pos...illion-plane-request

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-17-2021).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 04:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Acute Whataboutism.
Hyperbole-dominated Reaction Syndrome.

That can't be. I wore a mask.

How the governor has been getting her props.

So, the GREAT PLANES are in South Dakota. Life's a BEECH when you are KING.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19429 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Seth Tupper for South Dakota Public Broadcasting Radio; January 21, 2021.
https://listen.sdpb.org/pos...illion-plane-request

Tupper's ware contains the following slice, leftover or left out of the headlines (a decidedly rinselberg-esque literary device):

Last year, Gov. Noem came under fire for flying around the country to campaign for President Donald Trump. Her staff said she never used state planes for that travel. They said she flew commercial, or caught rides with other campaigners in their planes.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it's a transparency, records-keeping and executive oversight kind of issue.

I doubt that it's "just" Governor Noem or "just" South Dakota among all 50 states.

Gavin Newsom may have expensed trips for himself from Sacramento to the moon and back without submitting the proper records for public scrutiny and for California state executive branch and legislative branch scrutiny. But there's not a comparable tagline like the "Roaming Noem."

"Gruesome Newsom"..?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-17-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock